04-30-2010, 09:28 PM
4 games this weekend:

Fri Apr 30 6:30pm Southern Utah
Sat May 1 1:00pm Southern Utah
Sat May 1 4:00pm Southern Utah
Sun May 2 1:00pm Southern Utah

coldspot
04-30-2010, 10:47 PM
ill be there. it turned into a great day for a baseball game.

Tatanka
04-30-2010, 10:54 PM
They better get humping though. We got a real Ollie Williams special brewing tonight.

roadwarrior
04-30-2010, 11:53 PM
Game never started.

roadwarrior
04-30-2010, 11:55 PM
On a side note: I hope the SUU players enjoyed the bus ride from Cedar City! They must treat road trips as some sort of Mormon mission.

(I saw a bus parked nearby with a Utah name on it.)

coldspot
04-30-2010, 11:55 PM
Game never started.

i jinxed it when i said it turned into a nice day. now theyre playing two tomorrow and two sunday. im guessing tomorrow's games will be on the same schedule and sundays games will be at 1 and 4

North Side
05-01-2010, 02:08 AM
April showers bring May flowers! ;)

ndsubison1
05-01-2010, 05:06 AM
On a side note: I hope the SUU players enjoyed the bus ride from Cedar City! They must treat road trips as some sort of Mormon mission.

(I saw a bus parked nearby with a Utah name on it.)

Saw that too. Was a lil surprised that they drove. Is the first game still at 1 tomorrow?

DjKyRo
05-01-2010, 05:24 AM
SUU's team meeting is going on right in front of me...:rolleyes:

...they prayed at the end of it. Strange?

coldspot
05-01-2010, 12:51 PM

any joe smith or brigham young shout outs in the prayer?

Tatanka
05-01-2010, 01:02 PM

Good for them. Not entirely a bad thing IMHO.

DjKyRo
05-01-2010, 01:26 PM
Good for them. Not entirely a bad thing IMHO.

Not a bad thing at all, just commenting on the fact that it seemed out of place for a sporting team.

roadwarrior
05-01-2010, 06:15 PM
Today's games start at 3pm

ndsubison1
05-01-2010, 11:11 PM
Bison get pounced first game. 2nd game is cancelled

roadwarrior
05-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Sunday first game - NDSU 13 SUU 7

lakesbison
05-02-2010, 08:53 PM
did ming leave to "BEAT THE TRAFFIC?"

roadwarrior
05-02-2010, 08:56 PM
With 2 outs in the bottom of the 8th and a full count, Zach Heidmann hit a grand slam to break a tie game. The Bison went on to score 2 more runs in the bottom of the 8th.

After sitting in the wind and light rain watching 2 softball games, the weather on the concourse at Newman felt very tropical.

ndsubison1
05-02-2010, 09:18 PM
did ming leave to "BEAT THE TRAFFIC?"

Nope was there the whole game :D

roadwarrior
05-02-2010, 10:13 PM
NDSU wins the 2nd game on sunday 12-4

lakesbison
05-02-2010, 10:20 PM
any chance at playoffs? or is there a jim mora sighting in my future?

TheBisonator
05-02-2010, 11:13 PM
Bison are now 16-23 overall with a 6-9 conference record. This is actually the best season Bison baseball has had since we moved to DI.

If we improve thru the weeks ahead, we could see a 25-win season.

roadwarrior
05-02-2010, 11:21 PM
Conference tourney is still a possibility.

We have 12 conference games left. Four each with Oakland and SDSU (at home) and Oral Roberts (on the road). We need to get hot the next couple of weeks.

Hammersmith
05-02-2010, 11:26 PM
any chance at playoffs? or is there a jim mora sighting in my future?

Possible, but very tough. They are currently in 7th place of 8 teams with 12 conference games remaining. What makes it worse is that the last 4 games are against ORU. On the positive side, they are only about 2 games out of 4th place(and a tourney berth). Just a guess, but the Bison probably need to take 3 of the SDSU(3rd place) games, all of the Oakland(5th place) games, and at least 1 game from ORU(1st place) to have a good shot at the tourney. Even then, I expect they will need some help from the other teams in the logjam(SDSU, SUU, IPFW & Oakland).

Of course, the Summit 3-seed is infinitely better than the 4-seed. The 4-seed gives you the honor of getting knocked out in the 1st round by ORU. The 3-seed actually gives you a chance to face Centenary and advance a round before getting knocked out by ORU.

edit: Boy, I just have got a streak going of posting too late.

TheBisonator
05-02-2010, 11:31 PM
Possible, but very tough. They are currently in 7th place of 8 teams with 12 conference games remaining. What makes it worse is that the last 4 games are against ORU. On the positive side, they are only about 2 games out of 4th place(and a tourney berth). Just a guess, but the Bison probably need to take 3 of the SDSU(3rd place) games, all of the Oakland(5th place) games, and at least 1 game from ORU(1st place) to have a good shot at the tourney. Even then, I expect they will need some help from the other teams in the logjam(SDSU, SUU, IPFW & Oakland).

Of course, the Summit 3-seed is infinitely better than the 4-seed. The 4-seed gives you the honor of getting knocked out in the 1st round by ORU. The 3-seed actually gives you a chance to face Centenary and advance a round before getting knocked out by ORU.

Any team in the conference who is not ORU shouldn't have aspirations of getting to the tournament. ORU is the Summit League's lock.

It would be nice though to get into the Summit tourney for the first time...

bisonpride
05-06-2010, 03:16 PM

The tournament is double elimination so unless ORU would happen to lose a game at some point the only way ORU will be knocking anyone out will be in the title game. The joy of the 4 seed will be losing to ORU in the 1st round and having to battle all the way back to be knocked out by ORU in the end. But if you can get a great pitching performance and knock them off the first round it really becomes anyones to win with ORU still being a favorite to come all the way back.

Hammersmith
05-06-2010, 03:22 PM
The tournament is double elimination so unless ORU would happen to lose a game at some point the only way ORU will be knocking anyone out will be in the title game. The joy of the 4 seed will be losing to ORU in the 1st round and having to battle all the way back to be knocked out by ORU in the end. But if you can get a great pitching performance and knock them off the first round it really becomes anyones to win with ORU still being a favorite to come all the way back.

D'oh. Okay, I'm an idiot. I totally forgot about the double elimination format. I was thinking the games were best of three series.

bisonpride
05-10-2010, 02:20 PM
D'oh. Okay, I'm an idiot. I totally forgot about the double elimination format. I was thinking the games were best of three series.

The only time a best of 3 comes into play is during the NCAA super regional to get to Omaha. Otherwise it is double elimination.