PDA

View Full Version : Stewart named Minot State BB Coach

MinotBison
04-27-2010, 03:02 AM
Pete Stewart was named the new head men's basketball coach at Minot State. Not unexpected, as he is a native of this area. He was a finalist when the previous men's coach, Mike Hultz was hired.

DjKyRo
04-27-2010, 03:10 AM
I assume Pete is a ND native? I honestly don't know anyhting about the guy but like to keep up on the DAC, any background for a curious fan?

MinotBison
04-27-2010, 03:23 AM
I assume Pete is a ND native? I honestly don't know anyhting about the guy but like to keep up on the DAC, any background for a curious fan?

From an article in the Minot Daily awhile back, when the three finalists were announced.

Stewart is a native of Parshall, N.D., and has been the head coach at Peninsula College for seven seasons. He has been named coach of the year two times, won three conference championships and led his team to post season play in six of the past seven seasons. Stewart coached in the Malaysian Professional Basketball League for the Perak Red Eagles and coached three teams in the Australian Professional Basketball League. He was team captain for the University of North Dakota and was named the North Central College Academic Player of the Year at UND. Stewart received his Bachelor of Business Administration at UND.

Stewart was a finalist the last time the MSU men's basketball job was open and was the runner-up for the University of Mary men's basketball job about a year ago.

"Peter's obviously done very well with his experience out in Washington," Hedberg said. "He's been successful and has proven himself there. Obviously, he's familiar with our program and with Minot being through this before."

Green-N-Gold
04-27-2010, 03:00 PM
Quite a pipeline from Parshall to Minot with Hedberg and Stewart.

sambini
04-28-2010, 12:06 AM
The Parshall boys are in the house.

1998braves64
04-28-2010, 03:34 PM
and the Packineau twins are playing there currently (think they have one year left).