PDA

View Full Version : New York Times article on Williston, North Dakota

Swany
04-22-2010, 06:04 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/21/us/21ndakota.html?scp=1&sq=williston&st=cse

The story details the oil boom in the Bakken and the housing shortage. Nice touch with the economic side of the story --- too bad the Times spinned it to give the impression we all live in RVs, tents, shacks, small motel rooms, and dung huts up here. Oh well, at least the "fundamentals of our economy are strong," in North Dakota.

If more of the big-time financial (N.Y.) types whose moral bankruptcy nearly bankrupted our country had some good, old-fashioned, North Dakota horse sense, we'd be much better off. I guess we'll just have to settle for our booming economy, quality of life, nearly nonexistent crime, and the BISON. :D

bisonaudit
04-22-2010, 06:16 PM
It isn't as if things in Western ND haven't gone in the economic tank before and lets not pretend that they won't again.

The only difference between there and Wall Street is the timing of the economic cycle and preferences in neck wear.

tjbison
04-23-2010, 01:38 AM
It isn't as if things in Western ND haven't gone in the economic tank before and lets not pretend that they won't again.

The only difference between there and Wall Street is the timing of the economic cycle and preferences in neck ware.

Agreed, why do you think most private investors are not rushing out to build big lavish apartments, hotels, eateries??

OIL is VERY unstable no matter how mush of it you have

cbline
04-23-2010, 01:46 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/21/us/21ndakota.html?scp=1&sq=williston&st=cse

If more of the big-time financial (N.Y.) types whose moral bankruptcy nearly bankrupted our country had some good, old-fashioned, North Dakota horse sense, we'd be much better off. I guess we'll just have to settle for our booming economy, quality of life, nearly nonexistent crime, and the BISON. :D

Plus, we have hockey! Oh, sorry, that is someone else's catchphrase. My bad.