PDA

View Full Version : 90% of MVFC want to expand

MN_BISON
04-22-2010, 05:41 PM
Well according to the used car salesman Ed Meirerkork at USD. This guy is something, balls the size of church bells and a brain the size of a pea for spouting this crap. He said UNI, SIU and others are all for this, make the MVFC more into a bus league. Well Eddy, if you want a bus league then go to your new AD and ask him or her to see if the NSIC is looking for a team. Of course only NDSU and SDSU are against it.
http://www.argusleader.com/article/99999999/MULTIMEDIA/90804027&Ref=AR&template=mogulus

roadwarrior
04-22-2010, 06:10 PM
HAHAHA, yeah right Ed.

Bison bison
04-22-2010, 06:55 PM
First off, Ed is bad at math.

There are 9 members of the MVFC. If NDSU and SDSU don't want to expand the percent that do is no greater than 77 7/9%.

Second, Ed is completely full of sh#t on this.

Bison bison
04-22-2010, 07:08 PM
TV just noted that Ed M. is not afraid of making 'bold statements' (bs?)

And that Patty V. has said repeatedly that 9 is the perfect number for foosball conferences.

NorthernBison
04-22-2010, 07:09 PM
9 schools in the MVFC. Right?

Bison bison
04-22-2010, 07:13 PM
That would be correct.

Twentysix
04-22-2010, 08:12 PM
First off, Ed is bad at math.

There are 10 members of the MVFC. If NDSU and SDSU don't want to expand the percent that do is no greater than 80%.

Second, Ed is completely full of sh#t on this.

SIU ISU-red ISU-blue WIU UNI YST MSU SDSU NDSU

Who am i missing? i count 9 not 10.

7/9= 77% not to mention I have seen no offical statement by the other schools asking for the addition.

Kermit
04-22-2010, 08:29 PM
SIU ISU-red ISU-blue WIU UNI YST MSU SDSU NDSU

Who am i missing? i count 9 not 10.

7/9= 77% not to mention I have seen no offical statement by the other schools asking for the addition.

Some of you are putting MUCH more thought into this than Meierkort did.

ndsubison1
04-22-2010, 09:22 PM
Add Wichita St. They have a 30,000 seat stadium rotting on campus.

EndZoneQB
04-22-2010, 09:30 PM
lmao, so clicked the link and it's a video chat right, well one of the questions was from "Mike Hunt". If you don't get it, say it outloud. The look on the other faces was PRICELESS.

ndsubison1
04-22-2010, 09:33 PM
I know a Mike Hunt. No seriously, I do.

EndZoneQB
04-22-2010, 09:35 PM

My sister went to school with a Benjamin Dover.

aces1180
04-23-2010, 02:22 AM

Does anyone know Lou Scunt?

Izzy?

Tatanka
04-23-2010, 02:36 AM
Well according to the used car salesman Ed Meirerkork at USD. This guy is something, balls the size of church bells and a brain the size of a pea for spouting this crap. He said UNI, SIU and others are all for this, make the MVFC more into a bus league. Well Eddy, if you want a bus league then go to your new AD and ask him or her to see if the NSIC is looking for a team. Of course only NDSU and SDSU are against it.
http://www.argusleader.com/article/99999999/MULTIMEDIA/90804027&Ref=AR&template=mogulus

It's going to be a lot of fun to beat the ever loving shit out of USD.

Twentysix
04-23-2010, 03:36 AM
Why dont they kick most of the white kids off there team and then join the swac. :S

Bisonguy
04-23-2010, 04:11 AM
In other news, 92.48% of AD's at USD don't know what the hell they're talking about.

IzzyFlexion
04-23-2010, 02:18 PM
Does anyone know Lou Scunt?

Izzy?

Yes. He's married to Norma Stitz.

Greenie
04-23-2010, 03:51 PM
Having 12-14 teams in a football conference only makes sense if you are able to hold a conference championship game at the end of the regular season before the playoffs. Of course this isn't possible in FCS (but is in FBS, which makes more sense because of their bowl structure).

The MVFC would be silly to expand. 9 is perfect for a FCS conference -- 4 home and 4 away, everyone plays each other, and a true champion can be crowned.

It would be nice if FCS conferences could have a championship game before the playoffs. For example, you could combine the MVFC (9) + GWFC (5). Split it into 7 teams divisions...something like...

West: NDSU, SDSU, UND, USD, Southern Utah, Cal Poly, UC-Davis
East: UNI, S Ill, W Ill, Youngstown, Missouri St, Illinois St, Indiana St

Each team would play each other in their division (3 home, 3 away). Then each team would play 2 teams in the opposite division (1 home, 1 away). That would still give you 8 conference games, with 3 left to schedule each season. The champion from each division would play each other in the conference championship game.

But this likely won't happen because it would add another game to the schedule for the 2 division champions, and both teams would get invited to the playoffs anyway.

Or NDSU and SDSU could go back to the GWFC to make 7 teams and petition to get that conference an auto-bid to the playoffs from the NCAA....JUST KIDDING :)

BraxtonT
04-23-2010, 05:22 PM
Having 12-14 teams in a football conference only makes sense if you are able to hold a conference championship game at the end of the regular season before the playoffs. Of course this isn't possible in FCS (but is in FBS, which makes more sense because of their bowl structure).

The MVFC would be silly to expand.

In 2008 the CAA had FIVE teams in the playoffs. They did not all play each other during the season. Going to 12 teams would help the MVFC get more teams into the playoffs.

cbline
04-23-2010, 06:29 PM
Yes. He's married to Norma Stitz.

Yes, and Norma's sister is Dixie Normus.

TbonZach
04-23-2010, 08:01 PM
Yes, and Norma's sister is Dixie Normus.

Who's a cousin to Colonial Langus.

Greenie
04-23-2010, 08:08 PM
In 2008 the CAA had FIVE teams in the playoffs. They did not all play each other during the season. Going to 12 teams would help the MVFC get more teams into the playoffs.

They also were a lot better league as a whole...that's why they got 5 in

Playoff field expanding to 20 will help the MVFC get more in

IzzyFlexion
04-24-2010, 01:09 AM
Who's a cousin to Colonial Langus.

Her niece you ask?
None other than:
Stacy Recht.

DjKyRo
04-24-2010, 02:52 AM
Her niece you ask?
None other than:
Stacy Recht.

I hear she used to date Mike Rotch!

Tatanka
04-24-2010, 12:10 PM
Coincidentally, the H0ly Order Of Bison's leadership corps has likely ordained many of the people referenced in this thread... that is if TAB finds them worthy... carry on. :nod:

BraxtonT
04-25-2010, 02:05 AM
They also were a lot better league as a whole...that's why they got 5 in

Playoff field expanding to 20 will help the MVFC get more in

There is no way a 9 team conference will ever get 5 teams into the playoffs. I doubt 4 would ever get in.

I agree that the CAA is a better conference, but there is no way all five of those teams would have gotten into the playoffs had they all played all the other playoff teams. Two divisions will make some teams look better than they are by not having them play all the best teams.

Twentysix
04-25-2010, 02:09 AM
There is no way a 9 team conference will ever get 5 teams into the playoffs. I doubt 4 would ever get in.

I agree that the CAA is a better conference, but there is no way all five of those teams would have gotten into the playoffs had they all played all the other playoff teams. Two divisions will make some teams look better than they are by not having them play all the best teams.

sounds logical

TransAmBison
04-25-2010, 04:23 AM
Coincidentally, the H0ly Order Of Bison's leadership corps has likely ordained many of the people referenced in this thread... that is if TAB finds them worthy... carry on. :nod:
Some have served under Rev Hoobit Yerkokof. Some are employed by Claude Baulz, you know the famous author of "Playing With Tigers," and 2008's bestseller, "Tigers Are Dangerous".

zooropa
04-25-2010, 04:26 AM
2008's bestseller, "Tigers Are Dangerous".
I read that one.

It wasn't as good as "Rusty Bedsprings" by I.P. Knightley.

Facts
04-25-2010, 07:49 PM
Any of you ever read Nine Blocks to the Outhouse by Willie Maket?

It's actually on the BV bestsellers list.

TransAmBison
04-25-2010, 07:57 PM
Any of you ever read Nine Blocks to the Outhouse by Willie Maket?

It's actually on the BV bestsellers list.
I believe it was illustrated by Betty Woent.

TransAmBison
04-25-2010, 07:57 PM
Another timeless classic is Trail in the Sand by Peter Dragon.

EndZoneQB
04-25-2010, 09:59 PM
Another timeless classic is Trail in the Sand by Peter Dragon.

As well as Antlers in the Tree by Whogoosed Da'Moose.

Under the bleachers by Seymoure Butts
Chinese Population Explosion by Phuc Um Yung

Facts
04-26-2010, 01:52 AM
If you like local flavor a good read is How to set an athletic program 10 years back by Roger Thomas

Tatanka
04-26-2010, 02:02 AM
If you like local flavor a good read is How to set an athletic program 10 years back by Roger Thomas

I prefer the follow-up book by Robert Kelley: I Also Have Two First Names

JacksFan06
04-29-2010, 03:28 PM
Terry V went and got word from the horse's mouth.

First Pitch: Missouri Valley not ready for Coyotes just yet

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20100429/SPORTS/100429014/1002/sports

Bison Dan
04-29-2010, 03:44 PM
Terry V went and got word from the horse's mouth.

First Pitch: Missouri Valley not ready for Coyotes just yet

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20100429/SPORTS/100429014/1002/sports

Ed Meierkort is a borderline idiot!

Bison bison
04-29-2010, 03:53 PM
TV just lost three green chiclets of reputation in my book.

A 9 team conference is ideal for an eleven game schedule because it allows for:

-a round robin
-an FBS game
-a home game
-a rivalry series

Seriously, TV?

That would mean that no decent FCS team would ever visit (as they aren't in the market for away games).

Sorry, but I want my team to play more than Wagner at home every other year (or Central Connecticut & UND on off-years).

Why is this so difficult to comprehend?

I don't have a problem with playing UND, however, playing them every year is no where close to what I want to see as a fan. There are at least two dozen FCS programs I'd like to see NDSU have play, but none of those games would ever happen under TV's faulty logic.

Tatanka
04-29-2010, 04:16 PM
Ed Meierkort is a borderline idiot!

Borderline my ass.

TransAmBison
04-29-2010, 04:17 PM
Borderline my ass.
Too easy...way too easy.

TheBisonator
04-29-2010, 05:42 PM
Borderline my ass.

Was that a statement or a request??

Tatanka
04-29-2010, 05:57 PM
Was that a statement or a request??

Output device only. Thank you. Next question.

jackrabbit1979
04-29-2010, 06:26 PM
TV just lost three green chiclets of reputation in my book.

A 9 team conference is ideal for an eleven game schedule because it allows for:

-a round robin
-an FBS game
-a home game
-a rivalry series

Seriously, TV?

That would mean that no decent FCS team would ever visit (as they aren't in the market for away games).

Sorry, but I want my team to play more than Wagner at home every other year (or Central Connecticut & UND on off-years).

Why is this so difficult to comprehend?

I don't have a problem with playing UND, however, playing them every year is no where close to what I want to see as a fan. There are at least two dozen FCS programs I'd like to see NDSU have play, but none of those games would ever happen under TV's faulty logic.

You sure as hell can play decent FCS teams at home under this setup, you just can't do it and expect to have six home games each year like a lot of Bison fans expect. There is no reason why you can't play your 8 MVFC games, a FBS game away, and then setup your rivalry game and a quality FCS home and home to be at your place on alternate years. That would allow for four home conference games and one home non conference against either your biggest rival or a quality FCS opponent. Your away games would be great each year too as you would have an FBS to travel to for the experience, a quality FCS opponent to see other FCS venues, a short trip to UND/USD for example, plus all the great away conference games.

Face it, if you expect to have six home games, you are going to see Wagner and Central Connecticut more often then McNeese, Georgia Southern, App St., or Montana. Not too many FCS teams (I can't think of any) play six at home each year and still get to play a decent home schedule out of conferenece.

I wouldn't call it faulty logic as much as a difference of philosophy when it comes to scheduling - 6 home games and buying a game versus 5 home games and playing 1&1. SDSU and NDSU have had different philosophies (for good reason if NDSU can continue to "sell out" the Fargodome) and TV is obviously speaking to SDSU's side. It's one reason why most would say that SDSU has played far better schedules than NDSU against FCS teams since moving to the new level.

Bison bison
04-29-2010, 07:26 PM
Under TV's ideal schedule the only away OOC FCS away game is to the rival every other year. (Learn to read.)

There is a trade-off there. I get that. I have no problem with the Bison traveling.

I don't see the point of playing UND every year. As a fan it doesn't do it for me. And I want six home games every year, I don't see what the big deal is in that. I want to see my team play more and that makes me unreasonable? Whateva. (One could make the same argument as wanting to play an FBS team and a dozen other alternatives)

zooropa
04-30-2010, 05:33 AM
That's not TV's logic, he's a reporter:

Viverito maintains now, as she did when the Jackrabbits and Bison joined the league prior to the 2008 season, that it’s the ideal number for an 11-game season.

At any rate, an odd number of teams works when you have a single round robin season. There is an equal number of home and away conference games.

11 teams mandates a 10 game conference schedule, if you're going to play -every team-, and a 7 team conference is bouncing off the bottom of NCAA conference eligibility, even if it leaves you more flexibility for non-conf games (as though NDSU & SDSU have had -no- difficulty scheduling OOC games, lately). 8 & 10 team conferences require an unbalanced home/away conference schedule.

12 teams, produces an 8 team conference season that can be split 50/50 home and away (5 games against your division, 3 against half of the other division).

I can understand Vivitiero's logic. 8 conference games leaves a reasonable number of OOC games and keeps a balanced home/away conference schedule.

The problem I have is that the NCAA won't bite the bullet and allow a 12 game FCS season every year. If T&F and baseball continue well after the school year ends, football can start before the school year.

Bison bison
04-30-2010, 12:39 PM
I understood the article. I agree with Patty.

A nine team football only conference is ideal. But it's TV who provides the 1 FBS, 1 home game, rivalry series example.

Can anyone name two FCS non-conference teams that play every year?

TransAmBison
04-30-2010, 12:44 PM
I understood the article. I agree with Patty.

A nine team football only conference is ideal. But it's TV who provides the 1 FBS, 1 home game, rivalry series example.

Remember, if you argue with an idiot you go down to his level and he will beat you with experience.*

*Crap!!! Now I did it. :D

Bison bison
04-30-2010, 12:46 PM
I've got one.

Davis v. Sac State.

Bison bison
04-30-2010, 12:52 PM
Remember, if you argue with an idiot you go down to his level and he will beat you with experience.*

*Crap!!! Now I did it. :D

TAB do you have anything meaningful to contribute to the board?

I spend hours researching, deliberating, and reviewing each and every post I put on here.

I am tired of your Tomfoolery!

TransAmBison
04-30-2010, 12:59 PM
TAB do you have anything meaningful to contribute to the board?

I spend hours researching, deliberating, and reviewing each and every post I put on here.

I am tired of your Tomfoolery!
Answer to first statement: No, no I do not.
Answer to second statement: That is all you have to offer after hours of research, deliberating, and reviewing? You are simpler than I thought.
Answer to third statement: It is about time.

Bison bison
04-30-2010, 01:08 PM
Answer to second statement: That is all you have to offer after hours of research, deliberating, and reviewing? You are simpler than I thought.

Simple like a fox!

zooropa
04-30-2010, 04:42 PM

EIU/Illinois State

TransAmBison
04-30-2010, 04:45 PM
EIU/Illinois State
He didn't actually ask who the teams were. He just asked if you could name them. Technically speaking, your answer is wrong. Sorry, better luck next time. Please drive through. Would you like an apple pie with that?*

*Was that substance or not?

zooropa
04-30-2010, 05:35 PM
He didn't actually ask who the teams were. He just asked if you could name them

Do I have to phrase my answer in the form of a question, too?

"What is 'I can'?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK1jpywBQLM

TransAmBison
04-30-2010, 05:36 PM
Do I have to phrase my answer in the form of a question, too?

"What is 'I can'?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK1jpywBQLM
Sorry, but you do not get to re-answer. Please pull forward sir.

Tatanka
04-30-2010, 05:38 PM

Dude. I see you're finally able to use skills from your day job in your humorous posts on Bisonville. That's a big step forward for someone with your abilities! Way to go!

zooropa
04-30-2010, 05:41 PM

But, but, I have a coupon!

TransAmBison
04-30-2010, 05:43 PM
Dude. I see you're finally able to use skills from your day job in your humorous posts on Bisonville. That's a big step forward for someone with your abilities! Way to go!
Don't get too cocky soup boy.:D

TbonZach
04-30-2010, 08:22 PM
But, but, I have a coupon!

Sorry, that coupon expired last week.

zooropa
04-30-2010, 10:12 PM
Sorry, that coupon expired last week.

That's IT! I want to speak to a manager!!

56BISON73
04-30-2010, 11:57 PM
That's IT! I want to speak to a manager!!

Thank you for contacting us.
Our regular business hours are 8:30 to 5:30 BFET(Bumf__k Egypt Time).
Your call is very important to us. If you would like to leave a brief message our highly specialized customer service represenitive will contact you within the next millennium or by the time the Vikings win a Superbowl or which ever comes first.
Please leave your message after the beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

zooropa
05-01-2010, 01:00 AM
within the next millennium or by the time the Vikings win a Superbowl or which ever comes first.

Put me down for fifty bucks on the next millennium.

Facts
05-03-2010, 07:09 PM
Put me down for fifty bucks on the next millennium.

So you're tellin me there's a chance.....

YESSSSSSS!

zooropa
05-03-2010, 08:17 PM
So you're tellin me there's a chance.....

YESSSSSSS!

28 years a Vikings fan---I'm starting to think about joining a 12 step program.

1. Do you lose time from work due to the Vikings?
2. Are the Vikings making your home life unhappy?
3. Are the Vikings affecting your reputation?
4. Have you ever felt remorse after a Vikings game?
5. Do the Vikings cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
6. Do you turn to lower companions and an inferior environment when cheering for the Vikings?
7. Do you watch the Vikings alone?
8. Have you ever had a complete loss of memory as a result of a Vikings game?
9. Are the Vikings jeopardizing your job or your business?
10. Have you ever been to a hospital or institution on account of the Vikings?

If you have answered 'yes' to any of these questions, you may be in need of treatment.

Vikings Addiction Treatment Center
1265 Lombardi Ave.
Green Bay, WI 54304

If you don't get help here, please, get help somewhere.

tony
05-03-2010, 08:33 PM
In re #8: If Only.

zooropa
05-03-2010, 08:44 PM
In re #8: If Only.

Indeed. I remember Darren Nelson's dropped TD pass as though it was yesterday.

56BISON73
05-03-2010, 11:55 PM
28 years a Vikings fan---I'm starting to think about joining a 12 step program.

1. Do you lose time from work due to the Vikings?
2. Are the Vikings making your home life unhappy?
3. Are the Vikings affecting your reputation?
4. Have you ever felt remorse after a Vikings game?
5. Do the Vikings cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
6. Do you turn to lower companions and an inferior environment when cheering for the Vikings?
7. Do you watch the Vikings alone?
8. Have you ever had a complete loss of memory as a result of a Vikings game?
9. Are the Vikings jeopardizing your job or your business?
10. Have you ever been to a hospital or institution on account of the Vikings?

If you have answered 'yes' to any of these questions, you may be in need of treatment.

Vikings Addiction Treatment Center
1265 Lombardi Ave.
Green Bay, WI 54304

If you don't get help here, please, get help somewhere.

LOL :D :D:D :D :D :D :D