PDA

View Full Version : Summit Status

bosco
04-19-2010, 01:25 AM
Things are starting to shake out a little bit. NDSU took 2 of 3 from Western to hand them their first and second conference loses of the year. SDSU had a good weekend too. They took 2 of 3 from IUPUI to move into the fourth spot. With IPFW's games being canceled this weekend, the one and two spots are not really accurate. Had the games been played, I'm sure that the Dons would have racked up at least two wins this weekend,

SDSU has Oakland next week so they have a great opportunity to get some wins.

The Bison have Southern Utah at home. Better be focusing on a sweep. Any lack of intensity at this point of the season is VERY dangerous.

IPFW and Western square off next week as well. The Dons have the bats and can hit the long ball. I'm thinking that they will take at least 2 of 3 and would not be surprised if they swept Western.

Centenary plays UMKC. The Roos of UMKC have already played the two top teams in the league and come out with only one win. I guess you could say that they need a sweep to better their winning percentage. Centenary is preparing to move to DIII, so I don't expect much from them the rest of the year.

Team Summit W-L Overall W-L
IPFW 13-2 22-11
Western Illinois 10-2 24-15
North Dakota State 9-6 24-20
South Dakota State 6-6 14-27
UMKC 7-8 16-24
IUPUI 8-10 11-32
Oakland 5-7 13-26
Southern Utah 5-13 9-32
Centenary 3-12 9-26

roadwarrior
04-19-2010, 01:32 AM
For those that don't know, only the top 4 teams get into the conference tournament, which is at NDSU this year.