PDA

View Full Version : To Win a Championship - Love the Game

CaBisonFan
04-14-2010, 03:40 AM
You all know how much I love the old championship teams. A lot of you do too. A whole lot of people do. But right now...for me...I don't want to think about championships. More than anything, I'd love to see a team that loves playing the game again. We've been losing to teams that are enjoying the game more than us....collectively.

For those of us who have played athletics, we know that rivalries are big. No shot of adrenalin needed. But if I had one wish about my own playing days, it would be that I could have worried less about who I was playing...and thought more about just enjoying the game. I would have played better. Relax...enjoy...and play within yourself...and play better...:nod: We were over-coached...plain & simple. I'm talking more about basketball in my case.

These guys need to work hard, relax, and find the enjoyment of playing football again. When that is found, the rest will follow. Talent is not the biggest issue with NDSU Football. Re-discovering the reason for playing 'is.'

I'd be very happy to see a Bison team with 'attitude' again. Some call it swagger...others call it cockiness...others call it intensity...but it comes from enjoying the game. This...above all else...intimidates opponents. It's a care-free, "we'll kick your ass" thing.

I would love to see the Bison 'loving' the game again. Playoffs be damned until I see that...home playoffs...whatever. None of it matters to me until I see this. Message to coaching staff: Teach these guys...and then let them play the game. Get out of their heads.

CaBisonFan
04-14-2010, 03:44 AM
I know...winning makes it more fun. Blah...blah...blah. Which one comes first?

Attitude

Bison53
04-14-2010, 06:29 AM
You hit the nail on the head!

EndZoneQB
04-14-2010, 01:23 PM
Hmm...self-repost?

GradBison
04-14-2010, 02:02 PM
"Philosophical posts" are fun and all, but to say talent is not an issue is not true.

I don't think you get to see as many games as those of us who live in Fargo do CA, if you did you would've seen the gaping hole in talent our secondary had last year, getting burned repeated times for hundreds of yards.

Yes, attitude matters, but talent, injuries, decisions off the field, coaching and schemes all matter too.

rutlandbison
04-14-2010, 02:34 PM
yeah.......

CaBisonFan
04-14-2010, 02:36 PM
Yes, attitude matters, but talent, injuries, decisions off the field, coaching and schemes all matter too.

They do?...:cool:

CaBisonFan
04-14-2010, 02:39 PM
Hmm...self-repost?

Yes...I did it myself...;)

MNLonghorn10
04-14-2010, 06:39 PM
i dont get this thread.

so youre saying the bison are losing cause theyre not having fun playing football?

maybe theyre having fun, and just not very good.

Notorious
04-14-2010, 07:17 PM
I'm with CA on this one...

TransAmBison
04-14-2010, 09:53 PM
As am I...

4mcruenomore
04-14-2010, 10:05 PM
I completely agree

CaBisonFan
04-17-2010, 08:57 PM
i dont get this thread.

so youre saying the bison are losing cause theyre not having fun playing football?

One of Yogi Berra's famous quotes:

Baseball is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical...:D

cyborgg
04-17-2010, 09:35 PM
But if I had one wish about my own playing days, it would be that I could have worried less about who I was playing...and thought more about just enjoying the game. I would have played better. Relax...enjoy...and play within yourself...and play better...:nod: We were over-coached...plain & simple. I'm talking more about basketball in my case.

Did you notice CaBison's little personal story in that post about his playing days?

CaBison says he was "over-coached" in his playing days. Damn coaches. He had loads of talent...they just didn't know how to get it out of him. If only the coaches had taught him to play with more swagger, he could have been a star! Yeah....that was it. Just a little more swagger and CaBison could have been a star.

Don't make the same mistake boys! You've got the talent, just need more swagger. The more swagger, the more wins. Instead of practice today, how about we work on our game faces? Yeah, the meaner we look the more we win! YEAH!!!!!!!!

TransAmBison
04-18-2010, 12:40 AM
Did you notice CaBison's little personal story in that post about his playing days?

CaBison says he was "over-coached" in his playing days. Damn coaches. He had loads of talent...they just didn't know how to get it out of him. If only the coaches had taught him to play with more swagger, he could have been a star! Yeah....that was it. Just a little more swagger and CaBison could have been a star.

Don't make the same mistake boys! You've got the talent, just need more swagger. The more swagger, the more wins. Instead of practice today, how about we work on our game faces? Yeah, the meaner we look the more we win! YEAH!!!!!!!!
You absolutely don't get it.

ndsubison1
04-18-2010, 09:44 AM
I essentially agree with CA. to win a championship we need leadership, talent, depth, great coaching, great decision making, great and consistent recruiting, plus many other elements. ultimately it comes down to coaching. they do the recruiting, they try to fit the pieces of the puzzle together. they evaluate and bring in the talent/players. They prepare the players, coach them up and get them ready for the games. I guess we'll see down the road if our coaching staff can turn these next few classes that appears to be talented on paper into a championship team.

CaBisonFan
04-18-2010, 04:14 PM

Oh yeah...I was a great player...a legend that no one else has ever heard about. That was the whole point of the thread. And I don't think that the Bison ever need to practice. The less, the better...and the coaches shouldn't give them any plays or schemes...just throw the ball out there and 'hit somebody'....:rofl:

unbison
04-18-2010, 04:21 PM
maybe coach doesnt allow the game to be fun...........hence all the off the field issues.......lol

CaBisonFan
04-18-2010, 04:56 PM
i dont get this thread.

Oh no longhorn...college football isn't a game. The players are supposed to just win because they're getting a free education. It has been proven, even at the professional level, that the more uptight a team is, the better they play...:cool:

Fightin' Bison
04-18-2010, 07:02 PM
You all know how much I love the old championship teams. A lot of you do too. A whole lot of people do. But right now...for me...I don't want to think about championships. More than anything, I'd love to see a team that loves playing the game again. We've been losing to teams that are enjoying the game more than us....collectively.

For those of us who have played athletics, we know that rivalries are big. No shot of adrenalin needed. But if I had one wish about my own playing days, it would be that I could have worried less about who I was playing...and thought more about just enjoying the game. I would have played better. Relax...enjoy...and play within yourself...and play better...:nod: We were over-coached...plain & simple. I'm talking more about basketball in my case.

These guys need to work hard, relax, and find the enjoyment of playing football again. When that is found, the rest will follow. Talent is not the biggest issue with NDSU Football. Re-discovering the reason for playing 'is.'

I'd be very happy to see a Bison team with 'attitude' again. Some call it swagger...others call it cockiness...others call it intensity...but it comes from enjoying the game. This...above all else...intimidates opponents. It's a care-free, "we'll kick your ass" thing.

I would love to see the Bison 'loving' the game again. Playoffs be damned until I see that...home playoffs...whatever. None of it matters to me until I see this. Message to coaching staff: Teach these guys...and then let them play the game. Get out of their heads.

It's amazing how long these things are, when they don't actually say anything. . .

CaBisonFan
04-18-2010, 09:06 PM
It's amazing how long these things are, when they don't actually say anything. . .

Thank you for your contribution...it's amazing...:cool:

Fightin' Bison
04-18-2010, 09:42 PM
Thank you for your contribution...it's amazing...:cool:

I don't want to put you on ignore, because you don't say anything offensive and seem like a very decent person. However, these lengthy posts with an infinity of sports cliches and unnecessary quotations are boring. More than boring, really. Telling me not to read it is impossible because it's in virtually every thread. Some information or analysis of actual facts would go a long way.

CaBisonFan
04-18-2010, 09:59 PM
Here's the deal to the critics of this thread. I've tried to keep it light-hearted...but I've had enough.

For me, it is a trend that has made bisonville into a less interesting forum. No offense to the mods. This has nothing to do with them.

It's been a growing trend...knocking someone personally by calling them out. If my critics think that I don't realize the philosophical nature of it...or that it is lengthy...or a little 'out-there'...think again. If you already know it...that's cool.

Some of you seem intent upon taking a portion of a thread, and making it into something that it's not. It's kind of like watching cable news. If I want to read that kind of garbage, there a thousands of blogs online that are like that...including the tabloids in the grocery store line.

Oh...is this too long? I'm sorry...:cool:

CaBisonFan
04-18-2010, 10:01 PM
I don't want to put you on ignore, because you don't say anything offensive and seem like a very decent person. However, these lengthy posts with an infinity of sports cliches and unnecessary quotations are boring. More than boring, really. Telling me not to read it is impossible because it's in virtually every thread. Some information or analysis of actual facts would go a long way.

And I don't want to put you on my ignore list either. You 'do' realize that you have the option not to read my threads...right? I don't care if you put me on your ignore list. If it improves your life...go for it.

TransAmBison
04-19-2010, 01:38 AM
Here's the deal to the critics of this thread. I've tried to keep it light-hearted...but I've had enough.

For me, it is a trend that has made bisonville into a less interesting forum. No offense to the mods. This has nothing to do with them.

It's been a growing trend...knocking someone personally by calling them out. If my critics think that I don't realize the philosophical nature of it...or that it is lengthy...or a little 'out-there'...think again. If you already know it...that's cool.

Some of you seem intent upon taking a portion of a thread, and making it into something that it's not. It's kind of like watching cable news. If I want to read that kind of garbage, there a thousands of blogs online that are like that...including the tabloids in the grocery store line.

Oh...is this too long? I'm sorry...:cool:

Keep'em coming bud. Just laugh at the critics. You're cool in my book.

tjbison
04-19-2010, 01:57 AM
Keep'em coming bud. Just laugh at the critics. You're cool in my book.

DITTO^^^^^

MNLonghorn10
04-19-2010, 03:27 AM
his private messages to me.
this one at 5:20pm today

You're right...you didn't 'get' the thread. Either that...or you're playing stupid.

Which one is it?

then after at 6:57, after he let the comment settle in for 90 more minutes he decided to drop the bomb on me.

You are ignored. I'm tired of your mindless comments. They're boring as hell.

oh darn. guess a post i made 4 days ago about how dumb his thread was really hit a nerve.

sounds like an obsession disorder this turd has.

EndZoneQB
04-19-2010, 03:37 AM
lmao hilarious.

unbison
04-19-2010, 04:14 AM
he did the same to me shorthorn................ o well

EndZoneQB
04-19-2010, 04:44 AM
he did the same to me shorthorn................ o well

And, now me.

fuck u

Is that simple enough for you?

I gotta be honest, I think that's a little uncalled for? It's just bisonville...

Notorious
04-19-2010, 01:26 PM
Why does everyone feel compelled to be a dick...I thought that was my job. I'm starting to wonder if I should start trollin' on another board...

p.s. I never went to NDSU, am not a fan of the Bizons, and don't even know where Fargo is, but stumbled across this board after googling "immature sports boards"....it was the first one on the list!

56BISON73
04-19-2010, 06:29 PM
And, now me.

I gotta be honest, I think that's a little uncalled for? It's just bisonville...

Wow. Time for a med check.

cyborgg
04-19-2010, 06:46 PM
He called me stupid and talked about the cyborgs and humans joining forces against the gallactica. It didn't make much sense but I got an invite to the ignore list also.

PW Bison
04-19-2010, 07:02 PM
This whole thread is frickin hilarious:rofl:

Bison bison
04-19-2010, 07:04 PM
Why does everyone feel compelled to be a dick

Shut up - dick!

Bison bison
04-19-2010, 07:05 PM
Hmm...self-repost?

The dude has everyone else on ignore.

It's like a schizo having a talk with himself in the mirror.

EndZoneQB
04-19-2010, 07:06 PM
This whole thread is frickin hilarious:rofl:

Whoa now, be careful! I said it was hilarious and I got a "fuck u"...

Bison bison
04-19-2010, 07:07 PM
great school, i had a cousin who went there.

Notorious
04-19-2010, 07:09 PM
great school, i had a cousin who went there.

That was the one that married your sister, right?

TransAmBison
04-19-2010, 07:10 PM
They just had a couple kids together while they lived in the trailer court together, no marriage...that would be wrong.

Bison bison
04-19-2010, 07:11 PM

thanks for bringing it up.

I thought we had a good thing going, sis and I. then she married that dipsh#t.

Notorious
04-19-2010, 07:13 PM
if, if, if.....if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

It was just sex, there was never going to be a long term relationship....accept it.

p.s. thread successfully derailed.

TransAmBison
04-19-2010, 07:17 PM
Pray we don't derail it further.

Bison bison
04-19-2010, 07:20 PM
Pray we don't derail it further.

WTF does that mean? Einstein???

How can a thing be more derailed? It either is or it isn't?

You can unscrew a light bulb, but you can't unscrew a goat.

TransAmBison
04-19-2010, 07:22 PM

Your sister is a goat?

Notorious
04-19-2010, 07:22 PM

"you must spread rep".....post of the day!

With this, and the thoughts of our "stable of running backs", I can go back to work now....

Notorious
04-19-2010, 07:24 PM
btw....are you going to let him get away with that TAB?

I smell a demotivational poster in the works...

Bison bison
04-19-2010, 07:27 PM
Your sister is a goat?

Your ride is a goat.

TransAmBison
04-19-2010, 07:31 PM
Your ride is a goat.
Yeah, I've ridden your sister. Who on Bisonville hasn't?

Bison bison
04-19-2010, 07:36 PM
Yeah, I've ridden your sister. Who on Bisonville hasn't?

Dude. That joke is so wrong.

If we're going to do the Kentucky Hillbilly ruse you have to keep non-family out the equation!

TransAmBison
04-19-2010, 07:38 PM
Dude. That joke is so wrong.

If we're going to do the Kentucky Hillbilly ruse you have to keep non-family out the equation!
If she wouldn't even be good enough for her own family, who else would ever want her?

OldBison
04-19-2010, 08:03 PM
My oh my!

I've been gone for a couple of weeks but B2 and TAB, wow, way too funny. Kudos to you both :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Fightin' Bison
04-19-2010, 08:03 PM
It's like a schizo having a talk with himself in the mirror.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvgMIerTXl4

TransAmBison
04-19-2010, 08:11 PM
My oh my!

I've been gone for a couple of weeks but B2 and TAB, wow, way too funny. Kudos to you both :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
And we all know what/who you've been gone doing...

WYOBISONMAN
04-22-2010, 02:29 AM
OK.....here it goes.....

http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/Thread-Hijack/1/Hijack-AirForce1.jpg

CaBisonFan
04-22-2010, 02:55 AM
But the question is...are you guys having fun?...:cool: