PDA

View Full Version : Worry about QB all you want, kicker worries me

bisonatrix
04-09-2010, 08:53 PM
I know it aint exactly prime time position, but kicking has cost us so many games over the last couple of years (and no I'm not meaning to dump on Bibeau, kid tried his hardest and ya got respect that, and mentally I think getting the Minnesota kick blocked when he was a freshman was something he never fully got over).

and it aint just place kicking. Drago spoiled us, and punting has been in the toilet since. even kickoffs aren't a cakewalk anymore.

not to mention I see plenty of our league opponents and teams around us have not had much problem finding serviceable kicker. i remember games the last couple of years with SDSU, Western Illinois, and probably others where the other teams kicker drilled long kicks that our guys would have had no chance at. and its not like there aren't some good guys regionally to recruit from. say what you want, but the guy from Fargo North who went to the Sioux/Flickertails/whatever they will now be called (I think he graduated last year) had a big leg. i dont know if we missed on him or he had family or whatever, but the point is its not like there aren't kickers even in our own region who could probably do the job. I hope to hell we've found somebody because if we haven't it will keep costing us close games.....

johnson
04-09-2010, 09:02 PM
I know it aint exactly prime time position, but kicking has cost us so many games over the last couple of years (and no I'm not meaning to dump on Bibeau, kid tried his hardest and ya got respect that, and mentally I think getting the Minnesota kick blocked when he was a freshman was something he never fully got over).

and it aint just place kicking. Drago spoiled us, and punting has been in the toilet since. even kickoffs aren't a cakewalk anymore.

not to mention I see plenty of our league opponents and teams around us have not had much problem finding serviceable kicker. i remember games the last couple of years with SDSU, Western Illinois, and probably others where the other teams kicker drilled long kicks that our guys would have had no chance at. and its not like there aren't some good guys regionally to recruit from. say what you want, but the guy from Fargo North who went to the Sioux/Flickertails/whatever they will now be called (I think he graduated last year) had a big leg. i dont know if we missed on him or he had family or whatever, but the point is its not like there aren't kickers even in our own region who could probably do the job. I hope to hell we've found somebody because if we haven't it will keep costing us close games.....
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19373&highlight=The+Kicker

bisonatrix
04-09-2010, 09:10 PM
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19373&highlight=The+Kicker

sorry, but I dont look at that as "problem solved". their trying, but after watching the failures of our kickers the last few years (including ones who took over for Bibeau), not like I'm ready to put my faith in new guys. and if the recruiting evaluations/blog of Kolpack and Hallstrom back in the day were really that accurate all the time, we'd be gearing up to win our third straight national title. no rip on them, but that's how inexact recruiting is, its mostly just hype until these guys actually hit the field (if they ever do).

guess we'll have to wait and see, which is what scares me.

CivilBison96
04-09-2010, 10:37 PM

If you are refering to Brandon Hellevang his dad is a professor at NDSU.

JSUBison
04-10-2010, 05:03 AM
You don't have to convince me, I think PK is deserving of a full scholarship, and should be recruited just as, or even more aggressively than other positions. It shouldn't be a last minute signing as it seems to be.

Jdubs21
04-10-2010, 02:35 PM

should read the board a little more, no one here is really worried about the QB situaion, we are extremely excited to be honest, kicking game is a question mark though for most people here

BisonNeil
04-10-2010, 03:29 PM
should read the board a little more, no one here is really worried about the QB situaion, we are extremely excited to be honest

None more than me Jdubs, none more than me :)

CaBisonFan
04-10-2010, 07:27 PM

Yes !!! We choices at QB now. Not a bad idea...:cool:

Jdubs21
04-10-2010, 08:42 PM

haha debatable :)

NDSUFan_Sav
04-10-2010, 08:49 PM
should read the board a little more, no one here is really worried about the QB situaion, we are extremely excited to be honest, kicking game is a question mark though for most people here

I think Jastram has improved from last year I've been to 5 practices now and this was the 1st bad kick I saw today that got blocked, other then that he's got better power and accuracy then what we've had in the past. Hopefully he can preform like that in games.

bosco
04-10-2010, 08:55 PM
What's a kicker?

56BISON73
04-10-2010, 09:04 PM
What's a kicker?

In fishing
Its a smaller motor that you use while trolling instead of using your big-main engine. :D

IzzyFlexion
04-10-2010, 09:08 PM
What's a kicker?

I think it's the guy that gets his man berries jammed up into his abdominal cavity when he rolls out trying to pick up a 1st down when it's 4th and 17.:hide: :D

bosco
04-10-2010, 11:26 PM
You guys are funny. For real!