PDA

View Full Version : Who do YOU want as QB?

DjKyRo
04-08-2010, 06:05 AM
So now that we all have a little info on each QB, who does Bisonville think should get the start?

I think it'd be intersting to do this poll again after the Spring Game and again during fall practices, see how the opinions change (if at all).

bisonatrix
04-08-2010, 06:42 AM
maybe not popular, but I like Jensen. he has better size than both (sorry but if anyone gets a good shot on Jose he'll be done, and Perez is too damn short), and I think he has the better arm.

ndsubison1
04-08-2010, 07:18 AM
Mohler. Seems like a confident player. Pretty accurate. I've never watched Perez or Jensen play so maybe I'm a little biased. I think Mohler will be a good QB for us. Hopefully he'll be great but he's young and he's got some time. Mohler seems like a confident player/person and that's something I like to see in a QB. Good thing is that if one guy screws up and doesn't pan out we have another guy that can step right up.

silkamilkamonico
04-08-2010, 08:05 AM
maybe not popular, but I like Jensen. he has better size than both (sorry but if anyone gets a good shot on Jose he'll be done, and Perez is too damn short), and I think he has the better arm.

I agree. I wasn't enamored with Mohler at all last year, but some of that could be the struggles the offense had in general. I would love to see a fresh start with Jensen, but only if it is better for the offense.

roadwarrior
04-08-2010, 11:25 AM
I am not selecting one at this point, as I have only seen Mohler play.

IzzyFlexion
04-08-2010, 12:49 PM
3 quarterbacks battling for the position. Between the three of them, how many total game snaps?
YIKES! Makes me nervous, but......gotta hope someone steps up.

BisonNeil
04-08-2010, 01:02 PM
3 quarterbacks battling for the position. Between the three of them, how many total game snaps?
YIKES! Makes me nervous, but......gotta hope someone steps up.

Hmmm.....the inexperience makes you nervous, heh?

So, having Merten's experience returning last year didn't make you nervous?

You are wired much differently than I am I guess.

bisondad
04-08-2010, 01:09 PM
I'm optomistic about the Jenson boy. Not sure why, just am. Actually, I hope they all are great!!!

stevdock
04-08-2010, 04:52 PM
The Best One

tjbison
04-08-2010, 04:53 PM
Whoever the coaches feel EARNED it. No selection from me

bisoningrandforks
04-08-2010, 04:56 PM
I think jose will start, but I have a good feeling about Jensen....once he gets some game experience, look out!......Remember Bohl's comments from the past..HE REALLY LOOKED GOOD IN PRACTICE!!!...I do think this year is a hole different ballgame...we have backups!....If there isnt much diff between these guys I hope he plays more then one guy, not only if/or one is not playing up to par get the other guys some playing experience,you never know who could emerge!...Bohl dont hesitate to bring in another QB just becasue he didnt PRACTICE as good as the other guy!!!!!.....Now back to the Masters!!! peace out!

Tatanka
04-08-2010, 05:00 PM
Reserving my vote until I see them in the Spring Game.

BadlandsBison
04-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Reserving my vote until I see them in the Spring Game.

You do not live dangerously, Mr. Bond?

Tatanka
04-08-2010, 05:04 PM
You do not live dangerously, Mr. Bond?

Well, that's debatable. But I have to be fair. I've only seen two of the three in action, and one of those was only in practice. Until I see all three, I think making a selection is premature. <Insert TransAmBison joke here>.

CaBisonFan
04-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Obviously...I think that Mohler has what it takes...but I don't care who starts. I just want a leader on the field when we have the ball. One that makes the huddle look like it is fired up for every snap. Jose did that. But I don't care who gets the job done. Just get it done!

BigBison
04-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Right now I'd got with Mohler but thats like asking a blind man. I'll know more after the spring game when I can actually see'em play.

BadlandsBison
04-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Well, that's debatable. But I have to be fair. I've only seen two of the three in action, and one of those was only in practice. Until I see all three, I think making a selection is premature. <Insert TransAmBison joke here>.

Ya, you would be premature...or something...

MNLonghorn10
04-08-2010, 06:25 PM
im shocked 4rmcrue didnt go with jensen.

HandoEX
04-08-2010, 06:34 PM
im shocked 4rmcrue didnt go with jensen.

I'm shocked he voted since Thorton isn't on the list.

BadlandsBison
04-08-2010, 06:37 PM
I'm shocked he voted since Thorton isn't on the list.

Easy, instigating is not necesary.

HandoEX
04-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Easy, instigating is not necesary.

Instigating what? He has posted many times that he expects Thorton to start.

Facts
04-08-2010, 07:01 PM
I wanted to vote but someone left Steven Threet off the list! Also there have been reports of hanging chads coming from the "watering hole" precinct of Bisonville. Lakes and gentlemen, we may have a recount on our hands. ;)

imabison
04-08-2010, 11:02 PM
So now that we all have a little info on each QB, who does Bisonville think should get the start?

I think it'd be intersting to do this poll again after the Spring Game and again during fall practices, see how the opinions change (if at all).

You forgot the most important selection!!!

Whichever quarterback the coaches decide is best for the BISON!!

Twentysix
04-08-2010, 11:10 PM
Whoevers the best? I saw flashes of brilliance in a semi injured/hurt mohler. I have confidence in him.

The other 2 could be better. If they are then they deserve it.

Worst case scenario Mohler is way better than the other 2 and im not disapointed.

BisoninNWMN
04-08-2010, 11:15 PM
Play the best one.

I like Jensen's size. Hopefully Mohler has put some weight on this winter!!

Kevin
04-08-2010, 11:25 PM
I went with Jensen just because I like his size and attitude. I fully expect Mohler to start however and I wish the best for him.

HerdBot
04-09-2010, 12:36 AM
I want to see the starting job go to the guy who gives us the best chance of winning. I haven't seen the other guys so all I can do is speculate. For a freshman against some of the lower level teams, Jose looked promising. He had a decent grasp of the offense, quick feet, and he's a good fit for the West Coast we run. If he works hard he has a chance to be good.

NDSU1980
04-09-2010, 01:38 AM
I want to see the starting job go to the guy who gives us the best chance of winning.

You know, that's what I wanted already two years ago; to play the guy who gives us the best chance of winning. Unfortunately, for all 11 games of 2008 and the first 7 games of 2009 Bohl decided to go with the guy who had the most candles on the birthday cake rather then any of the 3 competent quarterbacks in reserve. Look how it turned out.

I've always felt the best wasn't always the oldest, but at this point though, I've got to say go with Mohler. I'm just relieved our nightmare from the last 2 years is over with.

Remember, Jose Mohler scored a TD in every game we won last year.

westnodak93bison
04-09-2010, 01:42 AM
I want the QB that can hand the ball off best, do great play action, go 18-23 for 200yds on a consistent basis and the guy who wont piss his pants during crunch time.

TbonZach
04-09-2010, 01:43 AM
Can I write in for Steve Walker? :hide:

bosco
04-09-2010, 02:02 AM
Well...the only one I've ever seen take a snap is Jose Mohler...I'll go with him.

ndsubison1
04-09-2010, 02:07 AM
You know, that's what I wanted already two years ago; to play the guy who gives us the best chance of winning. Unfortunately, for all 11 games of 2008 and the first 7 games of 2009 Bohl decided to go with the guy who had the most candles on the birthday cake rather then any of the 3 competent quarterbacks in reserve. Look how it turned out.

I've always felt the best wasn't always the oldest, but at this point though, I've got to say go with Mohler. I'm just relieved our nightmare from the last 2 years is over with.

Remember, Jose Mohler scored a TD in every game we won last year.

where did you come from? :)

bosco
04-09-2010, 02:20 AM
Jose Mohler provided us with something that we have not seen since Steve Walker. If they start anyone else...I will be pumped even more as that means we have some good prospects and depth. Overall...we have options. Jose Mohler is still my man!

Scooter1
04-09-2010, 02:30 AM
Well, who do you think will make it to next fall? Personally, I'm surprised that Mohler hasn't used his last strike. Maybe he woke up...maybe he's just been lucky.

I guess we should wait for fall practice to see if they all make it through the spring and summer without incident.

bosco
04-09-2010, 02:36 AM
That goes for the whole team. If we have one offseason "issue" this summer...I will wear a Sue jersey to every home game. By they way...issues are subject to discussion and if that doesn't go my way, I will put it to a vote.

bisonatrix
04-09-2010, 08:33 PM
Jose Mohler provided us with something that we have not seen since Steve Walker. If they start anyone else...I will be pumped even more as that means we have some good prospects and depth. Overall...we have options. Jose Mohler is still my man!

ummm, what did he exactly provide? i was in favor of benching Mertens when they did (at the point the season was lost) for the reason the staff probably didnt want to turn Mohler out there earlier-they didnt want to get him beat to hell by the good teams on our schedule. i know a lot of people dumped on Nick, and some of the media were on Bohl to make the change, but really, expecting a redshirt freshman who's never played a down or JUCO junior to go in there and suddenly make us good enough to beat UNI or SDSU was insane.

getting Mohler experience in what ammounted to garbage time games was a good move to get a look at him, no question, but I dont think the exactly wowed anybody. serviceable at best, but far from "lets hand this guy the keys for the next 2-3 years". besides which, playing the lower end of the league in meaningless games is MUCH different then playing games that count earlier in the schedule when you still have hope for postseason.

and i saw NOTHING that compared Mohler to Walker on the field, much less off it where Steve was a model citizen all the way around.

bosco
04-10-2010, 03:47 PM
Let be clarify. Mohler brought us (IMO)...hope, a sense of leadership, the ability to read a defense, find an open receiver and improvement game over game. I didn't say he was like Steve Walker, I meant that we have not seen a few things out of the QB position since Walker. We needed to hand the keys to someone and he was they guy at the time but not necessarily the guy for the next 2-3 years. I have to go with him right now but as I posted earlier if someone else gets the start I would actually take that as good news. I mean if Mohler was our back up that would show our depth at that position. I just don't know what the other QB's can do. Looking forward to the spring game like so many others. Bottom line...I'm very excited for the upcoming year.

westnodak93bison
04-10-2010, 04:46 PM

Perfect answer.

56BISON73
04-10-2010, 05:25 PM
At this level most players know who should be on the field playing. I want the intangible. If its close talent wise I want the QB whose teammates will follow him to hell and back.

tjbison
04-10-2010, 07:17 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5069146

Might as well get this going!! LOL

Steven Threet #2

CaBisonFan
04-10-2010, 07:35 PM
That goes for the whole team. If we have one offseason "issue" this summer...I will wear a Sue jersey to every home game. By they way...issues are subject to discussion and if that doesn't go my way, I will put it to a vote.

Someone should make a "I Love Sue" jersey with a gopher emblem...:rofl:...er, maybe "Sue Loves Gophers."

I could give a rip who starts...contrary to my Mohler Fan post. I like the way he plays. I like his upside. If someone beats him out...all the better.

But bosco...I'm with you 3000%. I've had it with the off-the-field problems. Wonder if anyone has bothered to read them the definition of 'discretion.'

RRVBISON
04-11-2010, 12:52 AM
After watching todays practice, I think molher has the leg up. His size worries me. Same with Perez. Perez got most of the reps today, and it looked like he got a bit dinged up. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jensen at some point next year due to injury. Call me a pessimist.

BisonNeil
04-11-2010, 02:30 PM
After watching todays practice, I think molher has the leg up. His size worries me. Same with Perez. Perez got most of the reps today, and it looked like he got a bit dinged up. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jensen at some point next year due to injury. Call me a pessimist.

Be careful, be very careful. Trust me on this, expressing pessimism about the QB, the recruiting of or their play, will get you absolutely nowhere on this board :)

SlickVic
04-11-2010, 11:40 PM
dont hate the player hate the game.....................

ndsubison1
04-26-2010, 06:26 AM
we just might have to redo this poll in the fall :)

westnodak93bison
04-26-2010, 11:03 AM
After watching the spring game I'd go with Jensen.

BisonBabe
04-26-2010, 05:26 PM
I would say Bohl has a tough decision ahead of him for the starter. I think it will be between Brock & Jose with a nod towards Brock. He looked real good at the game on Saturday.

CHADSTAUS
04-26-2010, 07:10 PM
I think this is a great problem to have. All three of these young men have great talents they can bring to the table. Mohler starts, Perez backs up and Brock sits back like a sponge and takes it all in. He will get his day soon enough.:)

Gully
04-26-2010, 07:23 PM
In the words of the old lady from Hoosiers, "I think we should vote again!"

BisoninNWMN
04-26-2010, 11:11 PM
After watching the spring game.....Jensen!!!

Good to have 2-3 capable QBs this year.....:nod: :nod:

roadwarrior
05-10-2010, 06:18 PM
Mohler is #1 after spring practice, according to the Forum.

56BISON73
05-10-2010, 06:28 PM
I havent been able to see Jensen play so I really cant pass judgement.

MNLonghorn10
05-10-2010, 06:32 PM

wise choice. hopefully mohler doesn't have to be superman if the defense decides to give up 500+ yards, and 35+ points per game in the 2 road games to start the season.

99Bison
05-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Should be interesting to see how this plays out, the most critical thing IMO this time around is to pull the trigger if things aren't working well.

bisondad
05-10-2010, 07:14 PM
Quarterback controversies suck. I hope whoever is the starter is playing so well that we don't have to worry about it. Cross your fingers!!!

SDbison
05-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Linky? Or isn't this in the on-line version? Any other positions discussed?

roadwarrior
05-10-2010, 08:57 PM
Linky? Or isn't this in the on-line version? Any other positions discussed?

I was lazy. No other positions were discussed. It is on the forum website.

SDbison
05-10-2010, 09:00 PM
I really pretty much expected Bohl to still name Mohler as the starter. Now it is his position to firm up or lose in fall camp. Jensen clearly beat Mohler in the Spring game, but Mohler has some game experience that Bohl will cling to more than he should.
All I can say is Mohler better work his butt off over the summer because I know Jensen will. I expect Jensen to make a big push to take over starting role by the Kansas game. He is getting more and more comfortable as a NDSU QB. Mohler can be a good QB, but I think Jensen can be a great QB. Just my opinion.

Kermit
05-10-2010, 09:28 PM
Mohler can be a good QB, but I think Jensen can be a great QB. Just my opinion.

I agree. Will putting him in the lineup early help or hinder his development?

tjbison
05-10-2010, 09:29 PM
I really pretty much expected Bohl to still name Mohler as the starter. Now it is his position to firm up or lose in fall camp. Jensen clearly beat Mohler in the Spring game, but Mohler has some game experience that Bohl will cling to more than he should.
All I can say is Mohler better work his butt off over the summer because I know Jensen will. I expect Jensen to make a big push to take over starting role by the Kansas game. He is getting more and more comfortable as a NDSU QB. Mohler can be a good QB, but I think Jensen can be a great QB. Just my opinion.

Exactly my thoughts, only reason Jose is #1 right now is his Game time, and more time in the system, if Brock steps it up even a little he is it, But i really am just happy to have a battle:nod:

ndsubison1
05-10-2010, 09:43 PM
First we were complaining about Bohl not giving Mertens enough experience before he became the starter, now we're complaining that Bohl is giving the edge to Mohler because he has some experience. Typical Bisonville...

tjbison
05-10-2010, 09:46 PM
First we were complaining about Bohl not giving Mertens enough experience before he became the starter, now we're complaining that Bohl is giving the edge to Mohler because he has some experience. Typical Bisonville...

Actually what I was saying is, Jose has the edge because he has some gametime experience, but once Brock clicks he will be the better QB. Its all opinion but I am in no way bashing Bohl for going with PT over no PT

SDbison
05-10-2010, 09:49 PM
I agree. Will putting him in the lineup early help or hinder his development?
Good question. I mean what if Jensen won the starting position for the Kansas game and then choked in the game......could be devastating........but what if he reponded well and gave the Bison a chance to win. Could have a 4 year starter to lead the Bison deep into the playoffs for a few years.

BisoninNWMN
05-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Good question. I mean what if Jensen won the starting position for the Kansas game and then choked in the game......could be devastating........but what if he reponded well and gave the Bison a chance to win. Could have a 4 year starter to lead the Bison deep into the playoffs for a few years.

Jensen looks good, although I have just seen him play in the spring game, but hopefully the coaches play the guy that gives us the best chance on winning.........

GO BISON

Amused
05-10-2010, 10:30 PM
Anyone find it curious that he was named "starter", instead of "#1 going into fall camp"?

BisonNeil
05-10-2010, 10:38 PM
I am perfectly fine with the decision and it makes sense. I think Mohler showed he can play during the last four games of the season and he got better. The game seemed to slow down for him. I'm not sure that was the case with Nick.

The Bison will be fine, they have two QBs who can start (I actually would have been fine with Jensen being named #1 as well. I love having two QBs who can start!)

JacksFan06
05-10-2010, 11:04 PM
More Nick Mertens please.

sambini
05-11-2010, 06:21 AM
+++++++++++++++++++++++