PDA

View Full Version : Annual Forum article on NDSU-UND game

ndsubison1
04-01-2010, 05:47 AM
Well the annual Forum article on NDSU-UND football game is out again. But this time they're not sure when it will happen. Same old, same old. Gene, please. Just end the talks. We don't need them.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/274009/

ISXBISON
04-01-2010, 06:12 AM
Stick it to 'em Gene! Faison thinks he's BMOC and can dictate to us...hahahahaha. I say leave them off the schedule permanently.
WE'VE MARCHED ON!

lakesbison
04-01-2010, 07:33 AM
We Dont Need Them. And.never Will !!

The Forum Is.scrambling To.make.controversy, News. Cuz.they Have Nothing Else To.do.

Gene, Keep.saying No !!!

We Got Your Back!!

CaBisonFan
04-01-2010, 07:55 AM
Well the annual Forum article on NDSU-UND football game is out again. But this time they're not sure when it will happen. Same old, same old. Gene, please. Just end the talks. We don't need them.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/274009/

IMO...part of the reason that Chapman is gone is because the UND political supporters in Bismarck are pushing for this...and they couldn't stand the attitude of Chapman & Taylor. Call it a conspiracy theory...but I also have a relative that's in the house. The UND crowd celebrated Chapman's departure...and loved every minute of it.

Please stay Gene.

BisoninNWMN
04-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Fiason could be flexible considering he has only 4 conference games.

Good job Gene!!

Grizzled
04-01-2010, 11:50 AM
IMO...part of the reason that Chapman is gone is because the UND political supporters in Bismarck are pushing for this...and they couldn't stand the attitude of Chapman & Taylor. Call it a conspiracy theory...but I also have a relative that's in the house. The UND crowd celebrated Chapman's departure...and loved every minute of it.

Please stay Gene.

I'm pretty sure there where other factors that lead to Joe leaving that he brought on himself. No one chased him out of office.

Back to the game. I agree with everything thats been posted except Gene better get that last home game scheduled and hopefully against an FCS casue I'm sure the forum has their follow up article ready for print already.

WYOBISONMAN
04-01-2010, 12:34 PM
Give them a one game deal for this year only. We need a game, and that one would be a huge gate. As for playing every year.....I agree with Gene. As a member of the MVFC we have limited OOC games. We can't be committing to an every year match with UND......unless it is in Fargo 2 out of 3 years or 3 out of 4 years. We give up too much money by going on the road for an OOC game (unless it is a FBS payday game).

BisonNeil
04-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Well, I know you will all burn me at the stake for saying this, but I think we should play them every year, but on a two for one deal. I haven't looked at the schedules but in my idea Faison gets what he wants, playing NDSU every year, but the game is in Fargo in 2011 and 2012, then in GF in 2013. Starting in 2014 we start it all over again.

They get what they want, a game every year, and we get what they owe us, an apology for treating us so poorly after the move to DI.

After all, it's not like NDSU doesn't struggle to get an 11th game every year.

So, I agree with Wyo.

Wally
04-01-2010, 01:05 PM
That Faison character sounds like the whiney, little momma's boy who would whine and cry when he didn't get his way. Get "higher authority" involved? Are you serious? Don't these people with "higher authority" have better things to do than worry about a football schedule? Would it be fun to beat their ass up and down the field? Absolutely! But WE DON"T NEED YOU! Just like und didn't need us when we started the transition. Typical und mindset of everything is entitled to them. I cannot stand that town, that university, their fans, their colors, their attitudes. End of story!

Tatanka
04-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Gene is pitching a very reasonable offer to these fools and has every reason to stick to his guns. Does anyone really believe that if the shoes were on the other feet that there would be concession from downstream? Hell, no, there wouldn't.

As for the whining to the higher authorities, well, don't think that when Faison says "things change" he's not banking on help from the new NDSU president... or the interim one...

They made their bed. Let them lie in it.

tjbison
04-01-2010, 01:20 PM
Gene is pitching a very reasonable offer to these fools and has every reason to stick to his guns. Does anyone really believe that if the shoes were on the other feet that there would be concession from downstream? Hell, no, there wouldn't.

As for the whining to the higher authorities, well, don't think that when Faison says "things change" he's not banking on help from the new NDSU president... or the interim one...

They made their bed. Let them lie in it.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

met1990
04-01-2010, 01:21 PM
I agree with Gene 100 percent on this. However, it makes him look a little foolish when the last home game this year is probably going to end up being Aunt Edna State and they'll get a huge guarantee to come here.

KC Bison
04-01-2010, 01:40 PM
I prefer Aunt Edna State to the suzies.

cbline
04-01-2010, 01:45 PM
I prefer Aunt Edna State to the suzies.

I hear that Aunt Edna has some pretty hot cheerleaders too!!!

MN_BISON
04-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Here's the deal, Aunt Edna State would be willing to come up to Fargo for one game. UND has made it clear that they aren't willing to even settle for one game every other year let alone a one and done. So when Aunt Edna or whomever else signs on the dotted line to come up to Fargo there should be no finger pointing at NDSU because UND has said it's all or nothing for them. Now ask yourself this question, if say UNI or SIU came to UND and offered them a game every other year, would the Sioux sign off on it. I would venture to guess the answer to that question is a big fat hell yeah, they'd sign it in a New York minute. These guys are in a five team football conference, yet they are willing to say no to NDSU, Gene's offer to them seems pretty good to me and one less game to have to find every other year. If I'm Gene and they say no to this I have a three word response to UND, pound sand bitches.

tjbison
04-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Here's the deal, Aunt Edna State would be willing to come up to Fargo for one game. UND has made it clear that they aren't willing to even settle for one game every other year let alone a one and done. So when Aunt Edna or whomever else signs on the dotted line to come up to Fargo there should be no finger pointing at NDSU because UND has said it's all or nothing for them. Now ask yourself this question, if say UNI or SIU came to UND and offered them a game every other year, would the Sioux sign off on it. I would venture to guess the answer to that question is a big fat hell yeah, they'd sign it in a New York minute. These guys are in a five team football conference, yet they are willing to say no to NDSU, Gene's offer to them seems pretty good to me and one less game to have to find every other year. If I'm Gene and they say no to this I have a three word response to UND, pound sand bitches.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see them go after ALOT of MVC teams, in hopes that getting them on their regular schedule will somehow push them into the conference. Just My opinion

cbline
04-01-2010, 02:14 PM
I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see them go after ALOT of MVC teams, in hopes that getting them on their regular schedule will somehow push them into the conference. Just My opinion

How about this scenario if they play MVC teams a lot: the sue get their asses kicked consistently, and the MVC says "Why the hell would we want them in our conference?" Now, that would be SWEET!!!

tjbison
04-01-2010, 02:19 PM
How about this scenario if they play MVC teams a lot: the sue get their asses kicked consistently, and the MVC says "Why the hell would we want them in our conference?" Now, that would be SWEET!!!

Ha, never thought about that, remember they would already compete in the MVC they Beat UNI 3 years ago

CaBisonFan
04-01-2010, 02:26 PM
I'm pretty sure there where other factors that lead to Joe leaving that he brought on himself. No one chased him out of office.

Of course there were...:cool:

Green-N-Gold
04-01-2010, 02:50 PM

Great post!

Bison"FANatic"
04-01-2010, 03:01 PM
I found the Antichrist it is none other than Gene Taylor himself. He is killing Fargo after the flood and he is hurting ND and should be helping out all of the other ND schools. He is costing NDSU a ton of money by not scheduling UND because he could jack up the tickets in the years UND played in Fargo. We also need them more than they need us so we can get on FCS with their contract. It must be true as that is what they are saying on whosports.

If the shoe was on the other foot they would not be interested in signing a every year contract either. They have a very good offer on the table, stop crying and sign it. I am sure Gene would even give them the same contract USD deemed to be worthwhile.

tjbison
04-01-2010, 03:03 PM
Here you go Bison fans Voice your opinions

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/274071/group/homepage/

mebisonII
04-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Crazy, what makes UND think they are such hot stuff that they absolutely have to be on our schedule every single year? Every-other is perfectly reasonable, and if it really takes off it can be changed. Gene's position is great and I'm glad he's sticking to it.

UND is hoping we blink, or the state steps in and tries to force us to play every year.

lakesbison
04-01-2010, 03:38 PM
UNREAL the ignorance of und people. I love how their typical comebacks are in order:

1- We are real D1 with D1 titles (hockey, laughable)

2- You are 3-8, you suck

3- WE have the nickle.

My god, WHO CARES! #1, D1 hockey is slightly below LACROSSE, #2, the competition NDSU plays week in and week out is better than anything theyve seen. #3 1990's called, you can go back there, we wont!!

Typical Forum, begging to sell newspapers, nothing gets the heb's and hicks up in grand forks and western north dakota more jacked up to see ndsu/und. give me a break, ARE THOSE PEOPLE BLIND? HAVE THEY NOT SEEN THE LAST 5-6 YEARS and the SUCCESS NDSU HAS HAD?

nope, they will just look at last year. short minded people suck!

Facts
04-01-2010, 03:44 PM
I think we should get a meeting setup in hillsboro between BV and SS and then see if the anonymous idiocracy still flows from up north in person. This every other year proposal is so reasonable even the Dems and Reps in DC could agree it. Absolutely, positively, beyond a shadow of a doubt... REASONABLE!!!!

Sore forehead anyone? :banghead:

Tatanka
04-01-2010, 03:49 PM
I think we should get a meeting setup in hillsboro between BV and SS and then see if the anonymous idiocracy still flows from up north in person. This every other year proposal is so reasonable even the Dems and Reps in DC could agree it. Absolutely, positively, beyond a shadow of a doubt... REASONABLE!!!!

Sore forehead anyone? :banghead:

Don't assume the idiocrisy is all from el Forko Grande. There's a healthy number of plants right at home in Fargo.

Bisonguy
04-01-2010, 03:54 PM
LOL this article is teh April Fool's

OldBison
04-01-2010, 05:13 PM
I have a three word response to UND, pound sand bitches.

My thanks to you sir for making my lunch hour a very special one! :D

Twentysix
04-01-2010, 05:46 PM
Eh... Agreed. We need to play them again sometime. However, we CANNOT give up 1 game EVERY year... we only have 2 ooc fcs games a year..

EndZoneQB
04-01-2010, 05:56 PM

This...they could be eying the fact that UNI is struggling to keep Football alive and maybe think they could weasel their way into the conference. Or...they could wanting it every year to help with recruiting? "Look, we might not play in a big conference, but we play every year with NDSU of the MVFC, so you'll get tons of exposure."

KC Bison
04-01-2010, 05:59 PM
This really gets me going. For the past 7 years, the sue fans have been absolutely silent about playing the Bison. Now that they need games, this is the most wonderful rivalry ever, North Dakota can't live without it, the fans demand it, the Bison must be scared, it would be a real money maker, their list goes on and on, why we have to play them. I say the heck with them, we don't ever need to play them, not even every decade. You took your nickel and went home with it and now you can keep it.

Tatanka
04-01-2010, 06:00 PM
This...they could be eying the fact that UNI is struggling to keep Football alive and maybe think they could weasel their way into the conference. Or...they could wanting it every year to help with recruiting? "Look, we might not play in a big conference, but we play every year with NDSU of the MVFC, so you'll get tons of exposure."

Or they're just looking for one less game to have to try to schedule every year, and to have a "fighting" chance of selling out the tin shed every other year for one game.

MNLonghorn10
04-01-2010, 06:00 PM
give me und over wofford, austin peay, central connecticut. georgetown etc.

i'm totally on taylors side on this... this game should happen, only on ndsu's time table though. if it requires a game to the tin shed, say forget about it. ndsu would be losing a lot of money over not goin to a bcs school to play, or even a fbs minor conference school.

EndZoneQB
04-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Or they're just looking for one less game to have to try to schedule every year, and to have a "fighting" chance of selling out the tin shed every other year for one game.

Touche. Also a valid point.

56BISON73
04-01-2010, 06:05 PM
I have to agree with Gene. His proposal is very reasonable. Going from no game to every other year???? Whats the problem UND???? Like Gene said--- for them to draw the line in the sand????? Pretty strange when they want this game so bad.
But The game will happen sooner or later. Its just a matter of time.

Twentysix
04-01-2010, 06:05 PM

i'm totally on taylors side on this... this game should happen, only on ndsu's time table though. if it requires a game to the tin shed, say forget about it. ndsu would be losing a lot of money over not goin to a bcs school to play, or even a fbs minor conference school.

Isnt wofford the BSC team that is pretty good? Haha nvm. I was thinking of weber st.

Facts
04-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Don't assume the idiocrisy is all from el Forko Grande. There's a healthy number of plants right at home in Fargo.

Right on... alot of und alumns in Fargo too. They can ride with me.

tjbison
04-01-2010, 07:18 PM

Whats wrong with Wofford?? they had the same record as us last year out of the Socon.

NDSUstudent
04-01-2010, 07:20 PM
This was a smart move by Gene, the ball is now in UND's court.

He gave them a fair deal and for the first time in a while it looks like NDSU isn't to blame in stopping the game.

Greenie
04-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Does anyone know what upcoming years a 12th game is allowed for FCS schools?

If it was every year (as previously proposed and defeated), that would be the solution to an annual game against the sioux.

NDSUstudent
04-01-2010, 08:11 PM
Does anyone know what upcoming years a 12th game is allowed for FCS schools?

If it was every year (as previously proposed and defeated), that would be the solution to an annual game against the sioux.

2013, 2014 and 2019, if the current policy is maintained.

After that, 2024, 2025, 2030, 2031, 2036, 2041, 2042, 2047, 2052, 2053, 2058, 2059, 2064, 2069.......

aces1180
04-01-2010, 08:12 PM
McFeely agrees with Taylor.

Tatanka
04-01-2010, 08:13 PM
2013, 2014 and 2019, if the current policy is maintained.

After that, 2024, 2025, 2030, 2031, 2036, 2041, 2042, 2047, 2052, 2053, 2058, 2059, 2064, 2069.......

2013 - @ Fargo
2014 - @ Fargo
2019 - @ the Tin Shed, $20k buyout
Sounds good to me. Book it, GT!

:rofl:

bisonpride4ever
04-01-2010, 08:14 PM
McFeely agrees with Taylor.

is this your april fools joke for today? cause that seems like the only way this would come to be!

NDSUstudent
04-01-2010, 08:16 PM
is this your april fools joke for today? cause that seems like the only way this would come to be!

It is hard not to agree with common sense, even for McFeely.

bisonpride4ever
04-01-2010, 08:17 PM
It is hard not to agree with common sense, even for McFeely.

i bet he still had to think about it for awhile

MNLonghorn10
04-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Whats wrong with Wofford?? they had the same record as us last year out of the Socon.

:banghead: i was thinking of wagner.

sorry, if they werent the home opener last year, that dome would've been empty

80ALUM
04-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Could care less if we ever play them again. Sioux Suck!! You go Gene!

GradBison
04-01-2010, 09:39 PM
Is the forum website stuck on this story for anyone else? or is it just me?

met1990
04-01-2010, 10:40 PM
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but Kolpack had an interesting update on his blog: http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/?blog=75186

roadwarrior
04-01-2010, 11:20 PM
Nobody would be talking about if Kolpack and other media people wouldn't continue bringing it up. Front page news??? Is that an April Fool joke?

Tatanka
04-01-2010, 11:30 PM
Nobody would be talking about if Kolpack and other media people wouldn't continue bringing it up. Front page news??? Is that an April Fool joke?

The fish wrap is fulfilling its primary mission: to sell teh fish wrap. Tabloid journalism at its finest. Is this REALLY news???

It's sad, really.

Even more sad that the SBoHE is getting bothered with this ridiculousness. Aren't they wasting enough of their time with other UND-related issues-that-shouldn't-be-issues? :hide:

56BISON73
04-01-2010, 11:33 PM
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but Kolpack had an interesting update on his blog: http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/?blog=75186

What planet does he live on? Hes calling SDSU the Bisons rival. :D

missingnumber7
04-01-2010, 11:52 PM
The fish wrap is fulfilling its primary mission: to sell teh fish wrap. Tabloid journalism at its finest. Is this REALLY news???

It's sad, really.

Even more sad that the SBoHE is getting bothered with this ridiculousness. Aren't they wasting enough of their time with other UND-related issues-that-shouldn't-be-issues? :hide:

No even worse is that at some point in time in the legislative session they will deal with it. They have better things to do than deal with something that is out of state control.

NDSUstudent
04-01-2010, 11:58 PM
This is news, Gene Taylor finally made UND an offer and now UND said no. So for the first time in a few years the Forum actually had something to report instead of just stirring the proverbial pot.

tjbison
04-02-2010, 12:20 AM
Holy crap I just read the thread on SS about this. WOW and yes WOW to somethings here too, but there is one poster that calls our BBall Summit championship and GWFC Championship basically crap, and three posts later he is bragging about und playing for the GWFC championship LOL need some prozac after that

4mcruenomore
04-02-2010, 12:27 AM
After reading all the idiotic forum comments (mainly UND fans living in Fargo, which simply amazes me), all I have to say is that if we play, WE HAVE TO WIN NO MATTER WHAT. Or get ready for a shit storm like you have never seen before.

NDSUstudent
04-02-2010, 12:30 AM
Some of the comments over at SS are a joke. Once again GT has offered UND a fair contract to play football and once again UND said no because it doesn't cater to all of their needs(which is what they expect over at SS).

Tatanka
04-02-2010, 01:01 AM
This is news, Gene Taylor finally made UND an offer and now UND said no. So for the first time in a few years the Forum actually had something to report instead of just stirring the proverbial pot.

Yeah, but front page, above the fold? No... :smh:

NDSUstudent
04-02-2010, 02:04 AM

Well that is what I get for being an online reader of the fishwrap. It is news but not that big.

Bisonguy
04-02-2010, 02:06 AM

It shows how desperately print media is attempting to stay relevant.

Why didn't Kolpack report that UND already had a four consecutive year home/home contract sitting on the AD's desk that wasn't signed? Maybe Faison should redirect some of his anger towards the man with two first names.

onbison09
04-02-2010, 02:08 AM
After reading all the idiotic forum comments (mainly UND fans living in Fargo, which simply amazes me), all I have to say is that if we play, WE HAVE TO WIN NO MATTER WHAT. Or get ready for a shitnami like you have never seen before.

Fixed it for ya. Anyone watch Trailer Park Boys?

Tatanka
04-02-2010, 02:24 AM
It shows how desperately print media is attempting to stay relevant.

Why didn't Kolpack report that UND already had a four consecutive year home/home contract sitting on the AD's desk that wasn't signed? Maybe Faison should redirect some of his anger towards the man with two first names.

But that wouldn't accomplish their secondary mission: Besmirch NDSU.

MNLonghorn10
04-02-2010, 02:35 AM

wow nodaks are f'n retarded when it comes to d1 football schedules.

have the legislature step in and FORCE them to play this game.

hahah...ahhaa........BWHAAHAHHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA! !!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Wally
04-02-2010, 02:42 AM

Knowing the gutless athletic director from up north, it is probably him sending all the emails to the board using fake names:)

tony
04-02-2010, 02:58 AM
I listened to the WDAY sports show today and Kolpack said that NDSU's stance makes perfect sense and that if UND wants a yearly series, the way to start is by playing every other year.

NDSU: 3 non-conference games to schedule
UND: 7 non-conference games to schedule.

Obviously, UND has a great deal more flexibility in their schedule. If Mr. Faison wants the game so much, for gosh sakes, don't grandstand and look for pity, make NDSU an offer that makes sense for NDSU. Every other year would be a start but there are other things they could put on the table but basically they just want a deal that is all gravy for UND without any consideration to what NDSU needs.

I suggest Faison dip into this book:

http://rplib.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/negotiating-for-dummies.jpg

roadwarrior
04-02-2010, 03:08 AM
Is that Roger Thomas on the cover of that book ?? :D

Tatanka
04-02-2010, 03:08 AM
Is that Roger Thomas on the cover of that book ?? :D

Nope, no moustache.

sambini
04-02-2010, 03:44 AM
I listened to the WDAY sports show today and Kolpack said that NDSU's stance makes perfect sense and that if UND wants a yearly series, the way to start is by playing every other year.

NDSU: 3 non-conference games to schedule
UND: 7 non-conference games to schedule.

Obviously, UND has a great deal more flexibility in their schedule. If Mr. Faison wants the game so much, for gosh sakes, don't grandstand and look for pity, make NDSU an offer that makes sense for NDSU. Every other year would be a start but there are other things they could put on the table but basically they just want a deal that is all gravy for UND without any consideration to what NDSU needs.

I suggest Faison dip into this book:

http://rplib.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/negotiating-for-dummies.jpg
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

4mcruenomore
04-02-2010, 04:12 AM

Well, imagine if Potter defeats Hoeven, holy god the gates of hell would open up, he'd make the President of the U.S. demand the game then.

bisoneer
04-02-2010, 04:46 AM
Give them a one game deal for this year only. We need a game, and that one would be a huge gate. As for playing every year.....I agree with Gene. As a member of the MVFC we have limited OOC games. We can't be committing to an every year match with UND......unless it is in Fargo 2 out of 3 years or 3 out of 4 years. We give up too much money by going on the road for an OOC game (unless it is a FBS payday game).

I totally agree, make them crawl, we play when we say. After all the crud RT put us through when he led the NCC, they now need us more than we need them and remember "they have hockey" ha!

NDSUstudent
04-02-2010, 05:30 AM
The Forum gets it wrong...

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/274103/group/Opinion/

ndsubison1
04-02-2010, 05:44 AM
UND doesnt deserve to step on the same field as us. Dont play them. I agree with lakes. Why play them? Why? Makes no sense. They all are desperate. Why cater to the dumbasses up north. They stopped the rivalry. We've moved on. We want to play Minnesota, Wisconsin, Kansas, and Colorado State. I prefer another home game we can easily sell out the same as UND. Let them rot. UND sucks

DjKyRo
04-02-2010, 07:04 AM
Sue fans make me want to vomit - yeah, we're real afraid to play those recruits you stole from Bemidji. I say we play them just to show them where they really stand and shut them up.

Mr. Burgundy
04-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Several level headed fans at ss.com are even agreeing that UND flat out needs the game more and NDSU has a healthy conference and schedule opportunities. They are saying, "take the every other year game."

Pretty interesting. Faison needs to just sign it and start the rivalry. Every year is too much for NDSU, and not enough for UND, but it is a start. Again, UND fans fail to realize the importance of the Summit and MVFC that Gene got us in through this transition. They continually rip on the Summit League, which I don't understand. But, I am happy with where we are and very happy Gene is still leading us.

Bison bison
04-02-2010, 12:54 PM

Can't help but think that the Forum is being provocative with a purpose.

They have another article about the FargoDome not making money in February - sorry, but that isn't news.

tjbison
04-02-2010, 01:09 PM
Several level headed fans at ss.com are even agreeing that UND flat out needs the game more and NDSU has a healthy conference and schedule opportunities. They are saying, "take the every other year game."

Pretty interesting. Faison needs to just sign it and start the rivalry. Every year is too much for NDSU, and not enough for UND, but it is a start. Again, UND fans fail to realize the importance of the Summit and MVFC that Gene got us in through this transition. They continually rip on the Summit League, which I don't understand. But, I am happy with where we are and very happy Gene is still leading us.

Yeah not just the posters but even some people I have TRIED to have a civil conversation with will say anything to degrade the Summit and MVFC, much like they did the GWFC. So I have asked a few to define the word Hypocrite when they do I laugh and usually get a funny look, after they have degraded our GWFC championship then brag that last year they played for the SAME (but less meaningful as the teams are no where near the caliber now as then), its sad.

I have been on the fence and deep down kinda want to see the game played at least once int he next 5 years but now I'm leaning to the no side as I see they are trying to make this Genes fault again while Brian fIaSON
is being a complete baby

Tatanka
04-02-2010, 01:16 PM
Can't help but think that the Forum is being provocative with a purpose.

They have another article about the FargoDome not making money in February - sorry, but that isn't news.

Sometimes I wonder if the Forum bought the GF Herald or if it was the other way around.

DLBison
04-02-2010, 01:26 PM
I totally agree that the Bison have the upper hand in this discussion. I totally remember UND making fun of the D1 move, now they are following in the same footsteps, they should realize that they cannot be the ones dictating to the school that is in a full sized conference.

I do however feel that this game should happen. It is great for the state for these two teams to play. It will get to the point where it happens every year eventually but I think UND better sign on the dotted line and accept Taylor's conditions in the short term. They have nothing to stand on to dictate to NDSU what the arrangements will be.

mebisonII
04-02-2010, 02:00 PM

Good grief. "All that matters is North Dakota!" "No one cares about playing anyone out of state!" "Why would we want to play Georgia Southern or Montana?" You know, two of the most successful, tradition-laden programs in all of FCS.

Once again, think small, be small. :banghead:

Kermit
04-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Brian fIaSON
is being a complete baby

:rofl: Reps to you! :rofl:

MNLonghorn10
04-02-2010, 03:11 PM

if the conference doesnt have a: w,c,h or a in the name, it sucks..according to ss

lakesbison
04-02-2010, 03:14 PM
Fbs,,,,,,now!!! Then We Never Have To Listen To The Desperation Again!!!

3 Of The Potential Presidents Are Fbs, 1 Lead A Fcs Thru Transition @ Central Florida

tjbison
04-02-2010, 05:24 PM
Fbs,,,,,,now!!! Then We Never Have To Listen To The Desperation Again!!!

3 Of The Potential Presidents Are Fbs, 1 Lead A Fcs Thru Transition @ Central Florida

And sadly if they answer any interview questions about taking the University to a even higher level with a Yes they will be eliminated.

Don't know this for sure but would not surprise me

KC Bison
04-02-2010, 05:26 PM
When you send emails to the State Board of Ed to try to force a football game, it shows the whole world how absolutely desperate the suzies are to schedule the Bison for a game. I want the real competition from a Ga Southern or a Montana game every year and forget the little NAIA school from up north.

ndsubison1
04-02-2010, 05:30 PM
Yeah not just the posters but even some people I have TRIED to have a civil conversation with will say anything to degrade the Summit and MVFC, much like they did the GWFC. So I have asked a few to define the word Hypocrite when they do I laugh and usually get a funny look, after they have degraded our GWFC championship then brag that last year they played for the SAME (but less meaningful as the teams are no where near the caliber now as then), its sad.

I have been on the fence and deep down kinda want to see the game played at least once int he next 5 years but now I'm leaning to the no side as I see they are trying to make this Genes fault again while Brian fIaSON
is being a complete baby

Yep. I was having a conversation with some of my UND buddies recently and I brought up the baseball games this weekend. One of them went on to say they should cut their baseball program so they can lower beer prices at the hockey games. I responded with that I didnt think the two correlated. He went on to say hockey was the only sport that mattered at UND. I guess I'm not surprised.

KC Bison
04-02-2010, 05:39 PM
[quote=mebisonII;361633]Good grief. "All that matters is North Dakota!" "No one cares about playing anyone out of state!" "Why would we want to play Georgia Southern or Montana?" You know, two of the most successful, tradition-laden programs in all of FCS.

MebisonII, I guess you are telling alot of us to buzz off. (All that matters is North Dakota) Are you telling a third of NDSU students to go back to their home states.

tjbison
04-02-2010, 05:41 PM
MebisonII, I guess you are telling alot of us to buzz off. (All that matters is North Dakota) Are you telling a third of NDSU students to go back to their home states.

Something tells me you turned your sarcasm meter off;)

tony
04-02-2010, 05:45 PM

Huh? I thought it was pretty clear that mebisonII was disgreeing with the quoted statements - statements which seem to be a distillation of the Fargo Forum's moronic arguments.

mebisonII
04-02-2010, 06:01 PM
Good grief. "All that matters is North Dakota!" "No one cares about playing anyone out of state!" "Why would we want to play Georgia Southern or Montana?" You know, two of the most successful, tradition-laden programs in all of FCS.

Ha, nice, yes, you might want to engage the sarcasm meter. As tony suggested, I was summarizing the forum article. For my own thoughts, you might want to take a look at the part of my post that didn't get included in your quote:

Think small, be small.

I do enjoy telling people to buzz off, though. Especially several thousand people at a time. It usually turns out well for me. :nod:

Grizzled
04-02-2010, 06:15 PM
When you send emails to the State Board of Ed to try to force a football game, it shows the whole world how absolutely desperate the suzies are to schedule the Bison for a game.

Good thing we don't have fans that send e-mails to people whenever they don't agree with a decision and every single one of our fans are level headed and don't post crazy things that other schools laugh at.

Jdubs21
04-02-2010, 06:29 PM
I'd like to play them again but in good time...im thinkin 3 years or so when they are playoff elligible

KC Bison
04-02-2010, 06:57 PM
I can usually catch sarcasm but I'm feeling pretty stupid at this moment.

mebisonII
04-02-2010, 07:13 PM
I can usually catch sarcasm but I'm feeling pretty stupid at this moment.

No worries, happens to the best of us. :)

Bisonguy
04-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Why didn't Brian Faison follow my advice from well over a year ago- LINKY (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showpost.php?p=243905&postcount=11), which McFeely blatantly stole from me and claimed to be his own, instead of running to the media like a little six year old wearing a toupee and throwing a tantrum?

The "You know, be professional." quote from McFeely speaks volumes on Faison's actions.

Hambone
04-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Hey dudes - does anyone here know exactly what the offer was? Was it home and home for every other year, or was it having every game in Fargo. Personally, if it's a home and home every other year, that works perfectly for me. I don't think it needs to be every year to start with, if it rotates. Truthfully, I'd even start it back up with a deal similar to what USD signed with you guys - start with two games in Fargo, then one in GF (three years straight) and then every other year rotate until a decision is made (if it ever is) to play every year.

Also, don't count me as one that doesn't understand the importance of the MVFC and Summit. It's mainly the hockey crowd that thinks these conferences are beneath UND. Me - I'd prefer they get in an autobid conference in all sports......

silkamilkamonico
04-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Hey dudes - does anyone here know exactly what the offer was? Was it home and home for every other year, or was it having every game in Fargo. Personally, if it's a home and home every other year, that works perfectly for me. I don't think it needs to be every year to start with, if it rotates. Truthfully, I'd even start it back up with a deal similar to what USD signed with you guys - start with two games in Fargo, then one in GF (three years straight) and then every other year rotate until a decision is made (if it ever is) to play every year.

Also, don't count me as one that doesn't understand the importance of the MVFC and Summit. It's mainly the hockey crowd that thinks these conferences are beneath UND. Me - I'd prefer they get in an autobid conference in all sports......

It shouldn't be a home and home, it should likely be a 2 -1. That's how it works with programs on uneven footing, and considering UND isn't playoff eligible the programs are on uneven footing from that standpoint.

NDSU has too much to lose to go home and home, and at this point it really isn't in our best interest. 3-5 years down the road home and home between NDSU-UND is fitting, but right now NDSU has too much to lose, and too much to gain by scheduling either more home games for attendance revenue, or a road game against a bigger opponent with a more guaranteed payout.

Faison isn't understanding this, and is taking an approach that UND should be "entitled", when the reality is no program is entitled until they are at least playoff eligible.

That's the way D1 has been working for NDSU, and for UND to think they need to make some exception is absurd.

NDSUstudent
04-02-2010, 08:26 PM
I think a home and home every other year is very fair and I think that is what hambone was saying. He even wanted to play the first two at NDSU which goes above and beyond what GT is calling for.

I don't know what Faison is doing, NDSU offered him a deal that he would sign in a second if the school was named Montana or Montana State or SIU or UNI. It is nice to see some UND fans over at Siouxsports wondering just what he is doing as well.

MNLonghorn10
04-02-2010, 08:27 PM
It shouldn't be a home and home, it should likely be a 2 -1. That's how it works with programs on uneven footing, and considering UND isn't playoff eligible the programs are on uneven footing from that standpoint.

NDSU has too much to lose to go home and home, and at this point it really isn't in our best interest. 3-5 years down the road home and home between NDSU-UND is fitting, but right now NDSU has too much to lose, and too much to gain by scheduling either more home games for attendance revenue, or a road game against a bigger opponent with a more guaranteed payout.

Faison isn't understanding this, and is taking an approach that UND should be "entitled", when the reality is no program is entitled until they are at least playoff eligible.

That's the way D1 has been working for NDSU, and for UND to think they need to make some exception is absurd.

im not so sure youre not goin to gain more than scheduling a und game, attendance revenue wise.

80ALUM
04-02-2010, 09:00 PM
Does UND want to renew the rivalry or just "have it their way". This is not Burger King.

silkamilkamonico
04-02-2010, 09:22 PM
im not so sure youre not goin to gain more than scheduling a und game, attendance revenue wise.

I think for right now if money is important NDSU is better off sheduling a a program like Kansas with a big payout, then going home and home with UND and being up at Grand Forks instead of the payout with a team like Kansas. I'm not sure what NDSU would get to go up to UND, but until UND is D1 and fully eligible, IMO it would be NDSU's best interest to get the game at a KU like program than scheduling home and home with UND.

silkamilkamonico
04-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Does UND want to renew the rivalry or just "have it their way". This is not Burger King.

Looks to me like they want to only renew it on their terms, and not work with NDSU at all to come to some kind of common ground.

99Bison
04-03-2010, 01:21 AM
If money is a driving factor for NDSU then playing UND is currently not beneficial.

DIBISON
04-03-2010, 04:07 PM

I can't believe what I just read from The Forum editoral board. One fact they fail to mention is that the schools are no longer in the same football conference.

Tatanka
04-03-2010, 04:43 PM
I can't believe what I just read from The Forum editoral board. One fact they fail to mention is that the schools are no longer in the same football conference.

Come on now, the Forum doesn't bother with facts. They only get in the way of a good argument.

4mcruenomore
04-03-2010, 10:56 PM
I'm to the point, I'm confident we'd have the upper hand this year, next year for sure. Let's just play them, win, and be done with it, take the Nickel and go home.....

CHADSTAUS
04-03-2010, 11:19 PM
I would rather have to drive to LSU and watch the Bison play then drive 72 miles to the north and watch them play those IDIOTS. They had there chance. Let them play Mayville State for the next 10 years. They can come down here for a 1 and done. There is way to much money out there at the next level to drive up to that s**t hole and give them the satisfaction. Thats all I have to say about that.:ranting:

KC Bison
04-04-2010, 03:39 AM
I would rather have to drive to LSU and watch the Bison play then drive 72 miles to the north and watch them play those IDIOTS. They had there chance. Let them play Mayville State for the next 10 years. They can come down here for a 1 and done. There is way to much money out there at the next level to drive up to that s**t hole and give them the satisfaction. Thats all I have to say about that.:ranting:
I agree 100 percent with the quote. These jerks from Grand Forks continue insult and belittle NDSU "the land-grant school" as an lowly aggie school when the huge majority of the education in the state gets paid for by agriculture. The suzy school goes away without tax dollars from agriculture but they continue to act like they're too sophisticated to have anything to do with agriculture.

ndsubison1
04-04-2010, 04:29 AM
UND fans act like we've had a 3-8 record every single year ever

imabison
04-04-2010, 04:36 AM
UND fans act like we've had a 3-8 record every single year ever

Also, they seem to think the attendance the Fargodome has been falling, and we are drawing less than they do at the Tin Shed for all the games.

NDSUstudent
04-04-2010, 04:52 AM
The hilarity at SS.com is at an all-time high...

You have one poster saying we make $140k per home game. Mulltiple posters calling Gene Taylor a jackass because he won't play them every year, which apparently is a privilege all of us Bison fans should treasure.

They have a 20 page thread over there and they have tried everything to make it seem like Faison is right. A few of them actually have brains and have been asking what is Faison doing and why would he say no to this. But they are drowned out by the Star2city's that seem to think we could make a mint off of putting UND back on the schedule annually.

Then there is mplsbison posting on their basketball board saying they could be the next Butler and make the NCAA championship game. Davek follows that post by saying if UND made the final four their fans wouldn't care because they would be too concerned about the frozen four.

It is a gong show over there.
You can't make it up.

ndsubison1
04-04-2010, 04:54 AM
The hilarity at SS.com is at an all-time high...

You have one poster saying we make $140k per home game. Mulltiple posters calling Gene Taylor a jackass because he won't play them every year, which apparently is a privilege all of us Bison fans should treasure.

They have a 20 page thread over there and they have tried everything to make it seem like Faison is right. A few of them actually have brains and have been asking what is Faison doing and why would he say no to this. But they are drowned out by the Star2city's that seem to think we could make a mint off of putting UND back on the schedule annually.

Then there is mplsbison posting on their basketball board saying they could be the next Butler and make the NCAA championship game. Davek follows that post by saying if UND made the final four their fans wouldn't care because they would be too concerned about the frozen four.

It is a gong show over there.
You can't make it up.

star2city, darell, mplsbison, and davek. WOW. talk about delusional

NDSUstudent
04-04-2010, 05:04 AM
star2city, darell, mplsbison, and davek. WOW. talk about delusional

Don't forget about dlsiouxfan, he has a few gems in that thread as well....

I wouldn't be surprised at all of USD comes out of the Fargodome with victory. Next year's Bison team will be among one of the worst Bison teams ever to take the field. They'll struggle to win a single conference game and I'd be extremely surprised if they manage even a 4 or 5 win season.

mebisonII
04-04-2010, 05:40 AM

To be fair, after the last two seasons I'm not marking us down for any wins next year until the time hits zero and we have more points than the bad guys.

ndsubison1
04-04-2010, 05:41 AM

not surprised. siouxsports can be quite comical. although, i'm sure many of them think the same of bisonville :hide:

Twentysix
04-04-2010, 08:26 AM
I just read all 20 pages of that.

I will never go back to that website.

Some of the Sioux posters were reasonable.

Some were ridiculous but had there own math and left out massive details(So it made sense in their head).

Some of the Bison posters were reasonable.

Most of both partys were ridiculous.

I dont see how its so hard to understand that I and maybe some of you would rather see the Eagles of Georgia southern the bears of montana or even the kittys of montana any socon school. most CAA schools. Rather than play UND? There isnt a single school that I want to play every year. Not UND Not anyone. Unfortunately without conferences scheduling would be complete bedlam.

I would like to play UND. Maybe a home and home in a 10 year period. Meaning home games like this or something close 2011 GA southern 2012 Southland 2013 big sky 2014 big sky 2015 UND 2016 CAA 2016 CAA 2017 California school (GWC) 2018 Southland etc....There arent enough games in a season for scheduling alliances outside conferences :(

.................................................. .......Can haz 2 hours back?

I did chuckle a few times when they brought up ISU blue being booted and them getting in. I dont have any facts but with a bias'd guess i would say there are others that would be in line before them. Maybe even USD. Isn't USD something like 400 miles closer than UND is to any other school in the MVFC not to mention light affiliation with some MVFC schools via summit (Although that might have 0 bearing)?

DjKyRo
04-04-2010, 08:36 AM
I'm reconsidering my attitude of "Just play the damn game, beat them, shut them up" because I'm sure even that, the most clear message of superiority of winning on the field, wouldn't get through to some of those numbskulls. And yes, I'm that confident we would win. I would gladly and readily bet money (or my usual sig-line wager :nod:) on that game(s).

Twentysix
04-04-2010, 08:42 AM
Do you realize that this deal will most likely seal our fate for a very long time, No more or very limited qaulity opponents in the future.

This game is pandoras box. Once it is started we wont be able to go. Oh but this year were gonna play appalachian state, UND you gotta take a year off.

Its gonna ruin our "potential" to schedule a qaulity. We will rise back to being a top 25 power, as I'm sure UND will aswell. At this time we are gonna be F@#$ed in scheduling and they won't be.

I would guess we arent to many years away from seeing all 4 dakota schools in the top 25 and almost always there will be atleast 2 of the 4 in the top 25.

Of course that last part is a bold faced prediction and has no factual data other than my gut feeling :P.

CHADSTAUS
04-04-2010, 02:15 PM
I would still take the road trip 1,000 miles away then 70 miles to the north to play those Idiots.:ranting:

tony
04-04-2010, 03:13 PM
A game in GF doesn't mean much for Bison fans... I mean, the Alerus is on the small side so very few Bison fans will go, even if they wanted to (including me.)

That said, if UND builds a 35,000 seat stadium with a retractable roof, I'll go to every Bison game there I can because there'll be tickets. Plus, I think NDSU fans would outnumber UND fans which would be cool. While I don't think this stadium is likely to ever be built, I never say never.

Bison"FANatic"
04-04-2010, 04:08 PM
I can't believe the amount of time they spend over there arguing with MPLSBison. With the crazy crap he spews and pretends to know everything. If it happened here with someone, the "Thank you for your continued interest in Bison Athletics" would get thrown around a bunch.

They just don't understand the difference in scheduling in a conference with 8 guaranteed games and in a conference with 4 games. We may not get a 6th home game every year now but we have the opportunity now. They also don't understand how important nationally it is to schedule different teams from around the country and not just be a upper midwest team.

NEWS FLASH FOR THE PEOPLE TO THE NORTH
THE NCC IS GONE
MOVE ON AND QUITE CRYING

Twentysix
04-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Its pandoras box. If we open it we wont be able to close it.

56BISON73
04-04-2010, 06:41 PM
Do you realize that this deal will most likely seal our fate for a very long time, No more or very limited qaulity opponents in the future.

This game is pandoras box. Once it is started we wont be able to go. Oh but this year were gonna play appalachian state, UND you gotta take a year off.

Its gonna ruin our "potential" to schedule a qaulity. We will rise back to being a top 25 power, as I'm sure UND will aswell. At this time we are gonna be F@#$ed in scheduling and they won't be.

I would guess we arent to many years away from seeing all 4 dakota schools in the top 25 and almost always there will be atleast 2 of the 4 in the top 25.

Of course that last part is a bold faced prediction and has no factual data other than my gut feeling :P.

You do realize that Taylor has had a VERY difficult time filling out the schedule period not to mention bringing in a quality apponent. If you are going to keep playing tomoato cans you may as well schedule UND. At least there would be interest in that game as opposed to Wagner, Central Conn etc. Be realistic.

Kermit
04-04-2010, 06:53 PM
You do realize that Taylor has had a VERY difficult time filling out the schedule period not to mention bringing in a quality apponent. If you are going to keep playing tomoato cans you may as well schedule UND. At least there would be interest in that game as opposed to Wagner, Central Conn etc. Be realistic.

I think Gene Taylor has come to the same conclusion. He is just resisting being forced to play the game every single year.

DIBISON
04-04-2010, 07:03 PM

It still gets back to whether fans want a sixth home game (I do) or only five because you have to travel to GF.

NDSUstudent
04-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Faison has made his bed, now he can lie in it. They need the game a lot worse than we do. Gene offered him a fair deal, maybe one day UND will have an AD that is willing to compromise to get the game going again. Until then bring on Georgia Southern, South Dakota, Montana, and Montana State.

56BISON73
04-04-2010, 07:08 PM
I think Gene Taylor has come to the same conclusion. He is just resisting being forced to play the game every single year.

Ive thought that myself. He could schedule UND every year and STILL have an FBS game plus one more oc game. For some reason many schools schedule there OOC in state rival every year and dont have the supposed problems that Gene says doing so creates.

But then again UND shouldnt be bitching about every other year as it solves one of there problems every other year and it starts up the rivaly again and the terms can be changed at a later date.

56BISON73
04-04-2010, 07:16 PM
It still gets back to whether fans want a sixth home game (I do) or only five because you have to travel to GF.

In a BISON perfect world that would be ideal. But remember EVERY team out there wants that schedule also. An FBS game is great but IMO it isnt needed every year IF a great FCS team will come to Fargo. You could very well off set the FBS $$$ loss by bringing in a good OOC team.
I dont think its a good philosophy to get locked into one mind set that you HAVE to have an FBS game. There are trade offs. Would you want 7 home games in lieu of an FBS???? As you see there are other possibilities.

Hammersmith
04-04-2010, 07:18 PM
If you look at our future schedules, it's easy to see why GT wants an every other year deal to start out with. Do you want only 4 home games in 2015 and 7 home games in 2014? Because that's what probably happens if you start an annual home/home with UND in 2012. The matter can be revisited in 2016.

2010 (need 1 home)
5 home (South Dakota)
5 away (Kansas)

2011 (need 1 home)
5 home (Georgia Southern)
5 away (Minnesota)

2012 (need 2 home)
4 home
5 away (Colorado State)
(UND in Fargo)

2013 (12 games) (need 1 home + 1 FBS)
5 home (Montana State)
5 away (South Dakota)

2014 (12 games) (need 1 away)
6 home (Montana, South Dakota)
5 away (Iowa State)
(UND in GF)

2015 (need 2 home or 1 home + FBS)
4 home
5 away (Montana)

ndsubison1
04-04-2010, 11:39 PM
They complain that we wont play them. Our athletic director (who they claim is arrogant) offers them a deal. They turn it down. Yet, they're still pointing fingers and saying "OMG YOU WONT PLAY US WHAH WHAH WHAH." it's not about getting the game done, it's about getting what they want and what is convenient for them. Welcome to Division 1 UND. You are a transitional team and you cant make teams cater to your wants and needs. To be more precise: You're not a big deal.

Mr. Burgundy
04-04-2010, 11:47 PM
Why does UND think they are any different than the deal USD got? Healthy 2 for 1 contract. When you have leverage, you don't cave in. Faison will sign eventually. Even the UND fans understand what a 5 team conference looks like come schedule time.

Hambone
04-05-2010, 03:10 PM
Well, Bincitysioux emailed Taylor and got a response that the every other year was for home / home, so now it has most Sioux fans wondering WTF Faison is waiting for. Unless there is some financial thing in there that is unfair to UND, which I highly doubt as I'm assuming it would be structured similar to most home and homes, he should get this thing signed and let it play out from there.....

onbison09
04-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Well, Bincitysioux emailed Taylor and got a response that the every other year was for home / home, so now it has most Sioux fans wondering WTF Faison is waiting for. Unless there is some financial thing in there that is unfair to UND, which I highly doubt as I'm assuming it would be structured similar to most home and homes, he should get this thing signed and let it play out from there.....

Wow. Good to know. If I was a Sioux fan :banghead: :banghead:

bisonhusker
04-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Most Sioux fans know that he should sign it and be happy. End of story.

THEsocalledfan
04-05-2010, 06:29 PM
This is great stuff. Couple of observations:

1. I think Taylors position is largely a fical one; he wants the budget to balance and worries that is won't with a yearly contract to play the boys to the North.

2. You need to fix the #1 issue to get this to work. It is hard for me to be upset with him due to this and think he should stick to his guns for now.

3. I would bet nothing will happen until a new president for NDSU is hired. Once that person is in place, and begins to understand the issues at hand, something may or may not change. To make it happen, he will have to help Taylor with #1. Despite their very difficult position, I don't think UND will budge. Why?

4. UND knows that the majority of the population in ND want a yearly game. You can hate the Forum as much as you can, but the editorial in the paper likely reflects at large public opinion (not those on this board). Yes, there will be threat of legislative intervention again at some point. I've said this for years, and was laughed at until it happened for the first time. (Guess I am not as dumb as many think I am! I yelled "I told you so" numerous times at the top of my lungs.) This will only escalate if the new NDSU President does not find a solution to #1.

So, my crystal ball says yearly games are coming as UND thinks they have the support of popular opinion and there is a principle for them at stake of not wanting to be NDSU's little brother. I think NDSU will blink first, and if smart, strike a 2/1 deal as that is the best case scenario. They will be forced play at some point, make no mistake about that.

siouxdgj
04-05-2010, 07:17 PM

I couldn't agree more, 56BISON73. However, I also understand the respective views of the two athletic directors and how and why this is playing out this way. It's kind of a "who wants to blink first?" It's game-playing to a certain extent. Nevertheless, the game looks closer now than it has in the somewhat distant past. With that in mind, I do not support any legislative action or executive order to get the game going again. It will come in due time one way or the other.

MN_BISON
04-05-2010, 07:50 PM
For the life of me I can't figure out why Fiason has dug in so hard over the every other year plan, his stand makes no sense as has been explained over and over again on this and other sites. So the question is why has Fiason done this, could it be his head football coach is telling him no unless the game is played every year? So why would coach Muss feel this way? Bohl must be fine with the every other year or I doubt Gene Taylor would move forward with it. So what's the deal with Muss? Is it a pride thing? Does he really think that a school in the middle of transition and a member of a 5 team conference can call the shots? Christ, I might need to venture up to el Forko Grande and have whatever it is they're drinking because it must be some good sh!t. It's time to fish or cut bait boys.

Hammersmith
04-05-2010, 08:27 PM
Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way, but there's an aspect of this I find very interesting. In the past, the UND fanbase has been pretty united in wanting the game to resume. Sure there were some holdouts, but it was a very small group. On the other hand, we were much more divided as a fanbase. The group that never wanted the game again was much larger than the comparable UND group, and there was a group at least as large that wanted the game right now. Every time Taylor said the game wasn't happening, it further divided us and unified them.

That seems to have changed now. Taylor's current proposal seems to satisfy almost all Bison fans except the extreme fringe like Lakes. Those who want the game every year are happy enough because they believe this proposal will lead to that very quickly. Those that like the idea of punishing UND like the deal because NDSU hardly gives up anything and Faison obviously has a problem with it.

On the flip side, this situation is now having a devisive effect on the UND fanbase. A large portion doesn't understand what Faison is thinking. They view Taylor's deal as perfectly acceptable for the short term. Another large group thinks Faison should hold out for a deal that gives them everything they want. And even the group that never wants the game again has grown some converts in the last week or so. For the first time in at least a year, I think we're on the positive side of the debate no matter how the Forum tries to spin it(if McFeely agrees with us, you know it's got to play well with others).

Wally
04-05-2010, 09:56 PM

I'm certainly glad this faison character isn't leading my favorite University! They sure can pick them up there

TheBisonator
04-05-2010, 10:05 PM
One has to remember that once we play them again, they won't have their nickname anymore. Therefore, we most likely won't be playing for the Nickel anymore.

NDSUstudent
04-05-2010, 10:07 PM
For the life of me I can't figure out why Fiason has dug in so hard over the every other year plan, his stand makes no sense as has been explained over and over again on this and other sites. So the question is why has Fiason done this, could it be his head football coach is telling him no unless the game is played every year? So why would coach Muss feel this way? Bohl must be fine with the every other year or I doubt Gene Taylor would move forward with it. So what's the deal with Muss? Is it a pride thing? Does he really think that a school in the middle of transition and a member of a 5 team conference can call the shots? Christ, I might need to venture up to el Forko Grande and have whatever it is they're drinking because it must be some good sh!t. It's time to fish or cut bait boys.

Faison needs to remind Muss who the boss is.

I can tell you why Muss wants an ever year game...recruiting. If the Bison beat them in year 1, it would be a long wait until the next game, especially when you consider that Bohl crushes him every year on the recruiting trail already.

JSUBison
04-05-2010, 11:23 PM
It's fairly obvious as to what the endgame is going to be regarding the scheduling of UND. UND will somehow lock NDSU into a yearly game, and then when UND gets membership in the Big Sky, they will hold yet another press conference to end the series. This time the reason will be to focus on their true rival, Montana.

tjbison
04-06-2010, 12:16 AM
It's fairly obvious as to what the endgame is going to be regarding the scheduling of UND. UND will somehow lock NDSU into a yearly game, and then when UND gets membership in the Big Sky, they will hold yet another press conference to end the series. This time the reason will be to focus on their true rival, Montana.

This would be my dream scenario;)

CHADSTAUS
04-06-2010, 02:47 AM
They would be perfect playing Montana every year. Just remember sewage, bring your boots and velcro gloves and tell the cop you were just helping the sheep over the fence.:bow:

tony
04-06-2010, 03:15 AM
I'm hoping the Legislature takes this issue up just for the enormous comic possibilities.

The worst that can happen to NDSU is that they're forced to play UND every year without exception or concession. That's not very likely. NDSU would almost certainly get something out of the deal if one is forced on them.

imabison
04-06-2010, 04:02 AM
I'm hoping the Legislature takes this issue up just for the enormous comic possibilities.

The worst that can happen to NDSU is that they're forced to play UND every year without exception or concession. That's not very likely. NDSU would almost certainly get something out of the deal if one is forced on them.

Its been tried before and they will try it again. I said it before and people said I was crazy, but it happened. Also some of the people that brought it up and support it the last time are retiring from office. Probably because they acted stupidly. Eventually they will force the 2 schools to play. Let just hope its eventually the schools that can make its agreement. I am with GT on his plan.

lakesbison
04-06-2010, 04:38 AM
How bout all of you agree with me now. SCREW THEM!! im booking roadtrips to.kansas, uni + illinois state.,.,,with home game partys of SIU + SDSU. thats enough for me, heck add another FBS roadtrip to Toledo or OHIO or someone. Listen to me people, und will bring us down, and imagine the hockey fans and there sucker punches in the west lot, that WILL happen, they are cancer STAY AWAY PLEASE!!!!

TheBisonator
04-06-2010, 04:44 PM
Folks, just for future reference, PLEASE don't quote the stupidity from SS.com threads about this subject. I don't want my IQ to drop to the point where I can't finish my semester's classes and graduate on time, all because I've been reading the pink and green horseshit from SS quoted on Bisonville.

bisonatrix
04-08-2010, 06:52 AM
honestly? i think the moment Gene leaves, whether he retires or goes elsewhere ala Kent State, its on every year. he is the last link to the drama of our transition and UND flipping us the bird. Thomas, Kupchella, hell even that puppet AD Bunning they briefly had are all gone. the first two in that were the ones who kept UND D2, and they paid the price dearly. if both of those guys were still around they might STILL be in D2.

once NDSU had sweeping success, I think Joe and Gene took the forefront on not playing them. whether it was revenge or feasibility, i dont know. either way, with Joe gone, we're going to have a president who wont know the way they screwed us and will look at the bottom line-the money and feasibility in playing UND again now that they are a D1 counter. its no secret Gene has been looking.

eventually, i think UND's new president and the new NDSU president will get together and force this thing to happen. neither guy was entrenched here during the big fight and will want the money and exposure. hell, i wouldnt be surprised if, around the time the two presidents force a game, Gene has either left for a bigger job or takes a bigger job. either way, as ugly as things got, I always believed it would take fresh blood with no vendettas to serve for the series to resume.

lakesbison
04-08-2010, 06:53 AM
bisonatrix. give it up. read my other post to you. You and Gabe are the only 2 with your jolli'es up for this.

GENE taylor wants bigger things for Fargo, Not to become mayville again.

ndsubison1
04-08-2010, 06:58 AM
Gene Taylor gets it. He understands that we dont have to cater to them. We dont need UND, but they need us. Why dont people get this? He doesnt want to give in to the team that mocked us for the D1 move and STOPPED the rivalry. Why doesnt anybody mention that? Somehow the media, UND fans, and even some of our own brethren think Taylor is the bad guy in this situation. He's not. They stopped the rivalry, simple as that and they should be willing to play on OUR own terms, not theirs. When we do play them again it should be in Fargo and we should never go up there. There's no reason to. Call me arrogant, blah blah. But it's no where near the arrogance that's been spewed over the years from up north. And that's the memo.

bisonatrix
04-08-2010, 07:08 AM
Gene Taylor gets it. He understands that we dont have to cater to them. We dont need UND, but they need us. Why dont people get this? He doesnt want to give in to the team that mocked us for the D1 move and STOPPED the rivalry. Why doesnt anybody mention that? Somehow the media, UND fans, and even some of our own brethren think Taylor is the bad guy in this situation. He's not. They stopped the rivalry, simple as that and they should be willing to play on OUR own terms, not theirs. When we do play them again it should be in Fargo and we should never go up there. There's no reason to. Call me arrogant blah blah. But it's no where near the arrogance that's been spewed over the years from up north; and that's the memo.

i'm not saying Gene is the bad guy. but eventually this has to be water under the bridge. its not about who did what or who screwed who. yes, they told us to F off when we transitioned. guess what? we came out stronger, and now their behind. would it have been any different if UND had transitioned with us at the same time? no. we had better leadership then and that would have still taken us to where we went with the bonus of getting to kick the suzies ass.

as for playing up there, I have no problem with it. its unrealistic to think we will NEVER again go to Grand Forks. plus, and I think many athletes would say the same here, there is nothing better than going to someone elses field and stuffing in their face on their home turf. we've always said "Bring on the Competition". we'll whip them anytime anywhere.

and fwiw-if the MVC loses any teams or looks to expand, they'll be looking at USD and UND. i wouldnt be shocked if something like that happens in the next decade. hell, Indiana State may just decide to drop football. that program is a total waste.

Bison Dan
04-08-2010, 12:18 PM
i'm not saying Gene is the bad guy. but eventually this has to be water under the bridge. its not about who did what or who screwed who. yes, they told us to F off when we transitioned. guess what? we came out stronger, and now their behind. would it have been any different if UND had transitioned with us at the same time? no. we had better leadership then and that would have still taken us to where we went with the bonus of getting to kick the suzies ass.

as for playing up there, I have no problem with it. its unrealistic to think we will NEVER again go to Grand Forks. plus, and I think many athletes would say the same here, there is nothing better than going to someone elses field and stuffing in their face on their home turf. we've always said "Bring on the Competition". we'll whip them anytime anywhere.

and fwiw-if the MVC loses any teams or looks to expand, they'll be looking at USD and UND. i wouldnt be shocked if something like that happens in the next decade. hell, Indiana State may just decide to drop football. that program is a total waste.

Indiana State isn't going anywhere - How come USD didn't have a problem with schedule while und does? Are they special? I know they think they are and it's going to be sweet next year as most if not all their teams will be terrible.

IzzyFlexion
04-08-2010, 12:44 PM

Not that I care, but Indiana State may be on the rise. Only graduated 8 players from the the '09 squad and while listening to the local broadcasters before last year's NDSU game, they were really high on their incoming class. Add their new stadium plans and you never know.
I, for one, wouldn't mind seeing them have a little success for once. Kinda feel for 'em.

tjbison
04-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Not that I care, but Indiana State may be on the rise. Only graduated 8 players from the the '09 squad and while listening to the local broadcasters before last year's NDSU game, they were really high on their incoming class. Add their new stadium plans and you never know.
I, for one, wouldn't mind seeing them have a little success for once. Kinda feel for 'em.

ISU-B isn't going anywhere unless the MVC decides to NOT support FB.

ALSO Major Shiat will have to happen for UND and USD to be in the Valley. There is seriously a better chance they push the Whole Conference to FBS before they are admitted IMO, and we all know thats not happening soon

TheBisonator
04-08-2010, 09:22 PM
ISU-B isn't going anywhere unless the MVC decides to NOT support FB.

ALSO Major Shiat will have to happen for UND and USD to be in the Valley. There is seriously a better chance they push the Whole Conference to FBS before they are admitted IMO, and we all know thats not happening soon

Missouri State and Illinois State have hinted at FBS before. If those schools decide to jump, then I think the rest of the MVFC schools will pull the trigger as well, making it a conference-wide leap. It just depends on every MVFC school having a stadium that seats at least 15,000. By that time, maybe SDSU will have more work done on their stadium and ISU-Blue will either add on to their current place or have that new stadium built. SIU's new place seats 15,000, and I think WIU can seat over 15,000 as well.

Grizzled
04-08-2010, 09:33 PM
Missouri State and Illinois State have hinted at FBS before. If those schools decide to jump, then I think the rest of the MVFC schools will pull the trigger as well, making it a conference-wide leap. It just depends on every MVFC school having a stadium that seats at least 15,000. By that time, maybe SDSU will have more work done on their stadium and ISU-Blue will either add on to their current place or have that new stadium built. SIU's new place seats 15,000, and I think WIU can seat over 15,000 as well.

I wonder how recent state budget struggles (such as Iowa) will affect this. Can the state of Iowa afford to have 3 fully funded FBS teams? Can the state of Illinois afford to have what 5-6? 21 more scholorships and also having to now offer bigger payouts for schools to travel to your place could affect the decisions of some of these schools, unless states get their budgets in check.

I know its long term but there could be programs cut before that time ever gets here.

EndZoneQB
04-09-2010, 02:37 AM
MVFC goes FBS without UNI and we pick up Notre Dame :)

56BISON73
04-12-2010, 05:05 AM
honestly? i think the moment Gene leaves, whether he retires or goes elsewhere ala Kent State, its on every year. he is the last link to the drama of our transition and UND flipping us the bird. Thomas, Kupchella, hell even that puppet AD Bunning they briefly had are all gone. the first two in that were the ones who kept UND D2, and they paid the price dearly. if both of those guys were still around they might STILL be in D2.

once NDSU had sweeping success, I think Joe and Gene took the forefront on not playing them. whether it was revenge or feasibility, i dont know. either way, with Joe gone, we're going to have a president who wont know the way they screwed us and will look at the bottom line-the money and feasibility in playing UND again now that they are a D1 counter. its no secret Gene has been looking.

eventually, i think UND's new president and the new NDSU president will get together and force this thing to happen. neither guy was entrenched here during the big fight and will want the money and exposure. hell, i wouldnt be surprised if, around the time the two presidents force a game, Gene has either left for a bigger job or takes a bigger job. either way, as ugly as things got, I always believed it would take fresh blood with no vendettas to serve for the series to resume.

I think MPLS said the same thing over at the sue site. :D

KilldeerBison
04-12-2010, 04:54 PM
In my mind, when you are treated this way, it is always about who did what to who. Who acted or behaved in a respectful manner and who didn't. The words and actions from UND created this rift, given the chance, I think UND could pull the same type of crap. The difference is, now they don't have any pull regarding NDSU. I am a little gun shy about empowering UND, at least where the NDSU football program is concerned, they have abused it in the past.

Facts
04-13-2010, 04:41 AM
Gene Taylor gets it. He understands that we dont have to cater to them. We dont need UND, but they need us. Why dont people get this? He doesnt want to give in to the team that mocked us for the D1 move and STOPPED the rivalry. Why doesnt anybody mention that? Somehow the media, UND fans, and even some of our own brethren think Taylor is the bad guy in this situation. He's not. They stopped the rivalry, simple as that and they should be willing to play on OUR own terms, not theirs. When we do play them again it should be in Fargo and we should never go up there. There's no reason to. Call me arrogant, blah blah. But it's no where near the arrogance that's been spewed over the years from up north. And that's the memo.

Sounds like you've got a good start on your letter to the editor to the Forum. Excellent Post!

Ferd
04-13-2010, 03:25 PM

I agree with you, Ming. Unfortunately, this year we could use a game with UND.

It is pure arrogance on UNDs part to not accept the sincere Home-Home offer that Gene has made. It is all the evidence that I need to see that nothing has changed up north. I hope NDSU wears a bullet proof vest (both front and back) in any dealings we have with them.

:ranting: I just don't trust them! :ranting:

NDSUstudent
10-30-2010, 05:01 PM
So now that UND is in the Big Sky will they do this deal? I don't think would want to play every year either with eight conference games. They'd come here in 2012 and we'd go there in 2014.

Our 2014 non-conference schedule would be

@Iowa State
Montana
@UND
USD

overquota
10-30-2010, 05:06 PM
So now that UND is in the Big Sky will they do this deal? I don't think would want to play every year either with eight conference games. They'd come here in 2012 and we'd go there in 2014.

@Iowa State
Montana
@UND
USD

I would like this non-conference schedule, we know Iowa State and USD will keep the contracts.

Gully
10-30-2010, 05:22 PM

@Iowa State
Montana
@UND
USD

Why in the world would we want to play at UND?

NDSUstudent
10-30-2010, 05:31 PM
Why in the world would we want to play at UND?

It's going to happen, I want it on our terms. And the best is an every other year game and unfortunately games in GF.

Hambone
10-30-2010, 06:31 PM

@Iowa State
Montana
@UND
USD

Although all signs are pointing to this, I'm going to wait until I get actual, official confirmation before I truly believe it. If it does come to fruition, I think the every other year arrangement would be a good, if they play at all.

That would be a hell of a OOC schedule right there.

overquota
10-30-2010, 06:31 PM
I would not be surprised, now that UND is in the Big Sky Conference, that UND privately keeps finding ways not to play us, while publicly stating we won't play them.

ndsubison1
10-30-2010, 06:32 PM
The first time I wanna play UND again is in the playoffs. That would be awesome

aces1180
10-30-2010, 07:48 PM
The first time I wanna play UND again is in the playoffs. That would be awesome

That would mean UND is good enough to make the playoffs...I would rather have them be mediocre-to-crappy forever.

Bison Dan
10-30-2010, 07:54 PM
Although all signs are pointing to this, I'm going to wait until I get actual, official confirmation before I truly believe it. If it does come to fruition, I think the every other year arrangement would be a good, if they play at all.

That would be a hell of a OOC schedule right there.

Now it's okay to play every other year but 6 months ago it had to be every year! You guys are pathetic.

Hambone
10-30-2010, 08:50 PM
Now it's okay to play every other year but 6 months ago it had to be every year! You guys are pathetic.

If you look at what I said back then, I said that the every other year arrangement would work well. Others may have said different, but your anger is misplaced here.... :nod:

Tatanka
10-30-2010, 08:55 PM
I would not be surprised, now that UND is in the Big Sky Conference, that UND privately keeps finding ways not to play us, while publicly stating we won't play them.

Truth. Already in progress and has been for some time.

If you look at what I said back then, I said that the every other year arrangement would work well. Others may have said different, but your anger is misplaced here.... :nod:

Truth.

NDSU1980
10-30-2010, 09:15 PM

@Iowa State
Montana
@UND
USD

Why would we want to help them sell out the Alerus? With the No Names in the BSC, I doubt they will have many sell outs. Maybe the Montanta's, and who knows how they they will stay in the BSC. The rest of the BSC schools aren't going to travel that well the GF, and we know the und fans don't show up very well. If we play them, we just help them make money.

**Remember, Roger Thomas didn't want to play us again. Help him keep his word**.

aces1180
10-30-2010, 09:28 PM
Why would we want to help them sell out the Alerus? With the No Names in the BSC, I doubt they will have many sell outs. Maybe the Montanta's, and who knows how they they will stay in the BSC. The rest of the BSC schools aren't going to travel that well the GF, and we know the und fans don't show up very well. If we play them, we just help them make money.

**Remember, Roger Thomas didn't want to play us again. Help him keep his word**.

They had 6200 at their game today...Lot's of buzz for UND football. :blush:

Bison101
10-30-2010, 09:33 PM
Indiana State scores TD!

41-24 over SDSU

11:xx remaining

Marker is for sure coming back this year. :nod:

IzzyFlexion
10-30-2010, 09:44 PM
Marker is for sure coming back this year. :nod:

Well there it is! http://petcaretips.net/MrJinxWalking.jpg

TbonZach
10-30-2010, 10:29 PM
Well there it is! http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_vcKyxu-V27w/SBckx1jzYWI/AAAAAAAAASY/JhAfDoR0fgc/s320/Amadeus.bmp

I think this picture is a better fit. Nothing against Mr. Jinx.

Shawn-O
10-30-2010, 10:52 PM
Would love to see something like Bison even year, Jacks odd year home-and-home.

BisoninNWMN
10-31-2010, 04:47 PM

That many???.......:D :D :D

How many UND athletic teams will still have to find a home?? Baseball, swimming.....any more??

Hope they get in.

Play them in FB when there is a 12 game season and just in the FFD....7 home games would be awesome....:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

aces1180
10-31-2010, 04:51 PM
That many???.......:D :D :D

How many UND athletic teams will still have to find a home?? Baseball, swimming.....any more??

Hope they get in.

Play them in FB when there is a 12 game season and just in the FFD....7 home games would be awesome....:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Softball and men's golf...Swimming already has a home in the C-USA.

NDSU1980
10-31-2010, 06:58 PM

That's what I'm getting at. We know the No Name fans won't show up for games against teams like Lamar, so let them sit with OOC games like Lamar. I caught part of the first half, and the way Lamar was playing, it sounded like a high school team, and yet the sioux (or no names) were only ahead by 1 point.

Between the high travel costs and low fan attendance for non hockey games, I think und is going to find the BSC is BS.

Tatanka
10-31-2010, 07:29 PM
That's what I'm getting at. We know the No Name fans won't show up for games against teams like Lamar, so let them sit with OOC games like Lamar. I caught part of the first half, and the way Lamar was playing, it sounded like a high school team, and yet the sioux (or no names) were only ahead by 1 point.

Between the high travel costs and low fan attendance for non hockey games, I think und is going to find the BSC is BS.

I think the BSC is going to find something similar about und.

Hammersmith
10-31-2010, 07:57 PM
Softball and men's golf...Swimming already has a home in the C-USA.

Not a home, but they have been invited to the C-USA tournaments to fill out the field. Swimmers and coaches from UND aren't eligible for any honors like conference player of the week/year, etc. It's better than nothing, but not as good as real affiliate membership.

aces1180
10-31-2010, 08:17 PM
Not a home, but they have been invited to the C-USA tournaments to fill out the field. Swimmers and coaches from UND aren't eligible for any honors like conference player of the week/year, etc. It's better than nothing, but not as good as real affiliate membership.

Thanks....