PDA

View Full Version : Hanstad

4mcruenomore
03-15-2010, 03:25 AM
I'm assuming we are getting him?

HandoEX
03-15-2010, 03:46 AM
We can only hope. It would be a great get for NDSU to land the kid with all the attention he's had the last few years from major schools.

4mcruenomore
03-15-2010, 03:49 AM
With any luck the Killdeer kid might transfer too, I've heard he might...

NDSUstudent
03-15-2010, 03:51 AM
ND kids playing ball at NDSU...I'll believe it when I see it.

Of course I would love it, but year after year they disappoint me. We really need Hanstad to break the ice.

4mcruenomore
03-15-2010, 03:54 AM
ND kids playing ball at NDSU...I'll believe it when I see it.

Of course I would love it, but year after year they disappoint me. We really need Hansted to break the ice.

Hansted could play right now, we better not let him get away.

Facts
03-15-2010, 05:42 AM
I believe it's spelled Hanstad.

The Lost Dutchman
03-15-2010, 02:31 PM
Hansted could play right now, we better not let him get away.

A lot of bigger schools are looking at HANSTAD, so as much as NDSU might want him he could very easily be the next Austin Dufault.

GOB1SON
03-15-2010, 02:33 PM
http://www.guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?t=19366

Appears that there is a lot of interest.

Grizzled
03-15-2010, 02:36 PM
I know he is interested in NDSU but as much as it pains me to say it I've heard the only way he comes here is if an offer doesn't show up from some of the bigger schools that have had coaches at a lot of games this year. One thing that helps NDSU is that some colleges where going to be at the state tournament if DHS was in it. Since they did not that is a weekend where some schools didn't get to see him. I've heard he will be playing AAU ball this summer so if he has another good summer with that I'm not sure what our chances are. I know Gonzaga has shown a lot of interest but he is still waiting for an offer. If that offer shows up, he's gone.

Kermit
03-15-2010, 03:14 PM
http://www.guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?t=19366

Appears that there is a lot of interest.

This stuff is a year old. Hanstad was probably a hotter prospect a year ago than he is right now. He was hurt by missing most of the AAU season last summer because of injury. High major schools would like to see how he does against better competition and this summer will be big for him.

As of now, I know that Hanstad has offers from SDSU and UND as well as the Bison. Colorado and Colorado State have seen him recently, and have interest. I don't know anything specifically about Gonzaga.

DjKyRo
03-15-2010, 04:32 PM
I never got the idea Hanstad was crazy about NDSU. Everyone knows he wants to go to Zags and with how they're recruiting he might still get a late offer if one of their other guys doesn't pan out. If that happens he's gonezo. Even if said offer doesn't come I'm not confident we're Hanstad's second choice (ie, not like a Bjorklund scenario where we're the fallback option, albeit the willing one. :nod:).

Kermit
03-15-2010, 04:40 PM
I never got the idea Hanstad was crazy about NDSU. Everyone knows he wants to go to Zags and with how they're recruiting he might still get a late offer if one of their other guys doesn't pan out. If that happens he's gonezo. Even if said offer doesn't come I'm not confident we're Hanstad's second choice (ie, not like a Bjorklund scenario where we're the fallback option, albeit the willing one. :nod:).

If the Gonzaga staff really thinks Hanstad can play for them and gives him an offer, Joe should take it. Gonzaga is big time. We will see..

bisonhusker
03-15-2010, 06:35 PM
Once it is clear he is a mid major recruit, we will be right there in the hunt for him.

He isn't a high end athlete, and that is what will hold him back from the other offers. He would have a nice career at NDSU.

cyborgg
03-15-2010, 10:21 PM

I don't think ISU has even looked at him so what offers does he have? If the Zags are looking at him, he should have a number of mid major offers.

DjKyRo
03-15-2010, 10:39 PM
I don't think ISU has even looked at him so what offers does he have? If the Zags are looking at him, he should have a number of mid major offers.

Word on the street was that a few schools out east were looking at him, Washington, Washington State and Zags. I don't believe any of those schools have offered but his reported favorite is Gonzaga - if he gets offered he's gone.

So far as I know we've offered him (and by extension UND has, they basically read BV and offer to anyone we mention), and he's getting looks as mentioned from Colorado State and a few others. He missed AAU ball this year with injury which is more or less what keeps him near us (preventing big schools from getting looks, same as with Marshall Bjorklund) but he'll most likely be there this year.

Personally what I saw from him wasn't that impressive, but maybe that's my n00bishness at basketball evaluation showing. He did have a pretty easy time getting to the rim but playing amongst high schoolers a quick 6-4 kid can do that. I'm sure Kermit or Burgundy will fly in with stats at the ready and I'm definitely open to being proven wrong if it means NDSU getting a legit recruit but that's just what I saw.

Hopefully that answers your question. :D

cyborgg
03-15-2010, 11:24 PM
He could be a better player than Harris if the Zags are interested. Where are UNI or Valpo and the rest? NDSU should lock him up if he's a local kid.

ndsubison1
03-15-2010, 11:57 PM
his offers so far are ndsu und sdsu and montana st

tjbison
03-16-2010, 12:01 AM
his offers so far are ndsu und sdsu and montana st

My guess is those are the types he will continue to draw, unless he pulls a Harris and explodes thus summer.

cyborgg
03-16-2010, 12:18 AM
My guess is those are the types he will continue to draw, unless he pulls a Harris and explodes thus summer.

Sorry I thought they were both 2010 guys.

westnodak93bison
03-16-2010, 09:45 PM
Rumor has it his dad is a royal pain in the backside. Meddling with the coaches etc....If he is anything like dad then he could be more trouble than he is worth.

Notorious
03-17-2010, 01:02 PM
I really like him. I just think he is a "tweener"...

He could be a "big fish" in a small pond if he stayed close to home...or about 300 miles east(???).....

He's very good, but is probably not B12/10 material...