PDA

View Full Version : Cableone coverage

roadwarrior
03-05-2010, 12:40 AM
For those without midcontinent:

KVLY will air BOTH Sunday games on their digital channel 11.2 which is also carried by cableone on channel 466... this is in addition to the Midcontinent coverage... they will also carry any NDSU games played on Monday....

This was sent out by Jeremy Jorgenson

Kermit
03-05-2010, 12:47 AM
For those without midcontinent:

This was sent out by Jeremy Jorgenson

Good news! Thanks, Road.

roadwarrior
03-05-2010, 12:53 AM
Better yet, see you in Sioux Falls!

Kermit
03-05-2010, 01:00 AM
Better yet, see you in Sioux Falls!

Unfortunately, I have to work. :(

tjbison
03-05-2010, 01:08 AM
OK WTF is this 11.2 crap?? I tuned in to watch the Office tonight and Find Beach and Thompson HS girls BBAll SERIOUSLY???? I have standard coax in the wall no Digital crap and cannot find this "alternate" channel. WTF would you interupt Primetime TV for HS girls BBAll, put them on the Alternate. anyone know how I can find this???

NDSUstudent
03-05-2010, 01:12 AM
OK WTF is this 11.2 crap?? I tuned in to watch the Office tonight and Find Beach and Thompson HS girls BBAll SERIOUSLY???? I have standard coax in the wall no Digital crap and cannot find this "alternate" channel. WTF would you interupt Primetime TV for HS girls BBAll, put them on the Alternate. anyone know how I can find this???

You have to the box(ch 466) or a digital antenna.

tjbison
03-05-2010, 01:14 AM

Thanks,

Don't have it and Think its the Dumbest damn thing I've ever heard. What Idiot at KVLY came up with this idea I wonder

MNLonghorn10
03-05-2010, 01:15 AM
that sucks..i wanted to watch morons from outer space and troll 2 on THIS

screw basketball!!

Bison bison
03-05-2010, 01:52 AM
digital antennae? WTF is that?

it's over the air. you need a pair of rabbit ears and either a television made in the past five years or a converter box.

EndZoneQB
03-05-2010, 02:29 AM
digital antennae? WTF is that?

it's over the air. you need a pair of rabbit ears and either a television made in the past five years or a converter box.

I wouldn't say in the past 5 years, it needs a digital tuner.

Anyway, I say we all complain to KVLY tonight. Seriously, why would they play Class B Girls bball, over NBC's BEST tv night of the week...including the premiere of their new show that has been advertised to the death...seriously I wonder if NBC really knows about this. Wasn't the reason for thisTV so they could play games on that channel and allow the regular programming to continue on NBC? Oh yeah did I mention, they are playing the bball games on the HD capable channel in STANDARD DEF, then have the HD shows on thisTV in STANDARD DEF. What is this 1993?? C'mon "Valley news"...it's almost like they think the class b GIRLS bball tournament will get better ratings than the Office baby special and Marriage Ref PREMIERE.

/rant

MNLonghorn10
03-05-2010, 02:46 AM
does kvly even reach to carrington? i see its like 60 miles north of jamestown...

and ive never even heard of stanley ND, so i know they dont get the signal.

if its a state wide broadcast on nbc, please atleast make it so it doesnt trickle over the boarder into minnesota.

Bison bison
03-05-2010, 02:47 AM
since july 1, 2005, all tvs 36" or larger needed to come with a ATSC tuner. (3/2006 - 25"+, 2/07 - all of 'em)

guess i wasn't accurate enough for a message board.

EndZoneQB
03-05-2010, 02:55 AM
since july 1, 2005, all tvs 36" or larger needed to come with a ATSC tuner. (3/2006 - 25"+, 2/07 - all of 'em)

guess i wasn't accurate enough for a message board.

oh snap...I think I forgot it was 2010 haha...I just remember all the original HDTVs that almost none of which had tuners built in...I was thinking that was only 5 years ago...I think that was probably 2k2 or 2k3. My bad, time flies.

Facts
03-05-2010, 03:24 AM
While I absolutely love "The Office", you can watch it online at NBC.com and I'm pretty sure the Class B girls bb tourney has been televised annually for quite some time. This really isn't anything new, is it?

Also, I have 11.2 over the digital air... I'm happy I'll be able to watch the Bison.

EndZoneQB
03-05-2010, 03:44 AM
While I absolutely love "The Office", you can watch it online at NBC.com and I'm pretty sure the Class B girls bb tourney has been televised annually for quite some time. This really isn't anything new, is it?

Also, I have 11.2 over the digital air... I'm happy I'll be able to watch the Bison.

Yeah but a premiere of the networks new primetime show>Class B girls bball, regardless of how long it's been televised on that channel, especially when you have the option to use thisTV to televise those games...like they originally stated.

On top of everything, they started Leno late...they didn't even move back the start time for their awesome news that already plays on another channel...

Bisonguy
03-05-2010, 04:06 AM

Or a TV with a digital cable tuner. I believe it's channel 70.466 in that case

stevdock
03-05-2010, 04:46 AM
At least this is the state tourneyment people are complaining about. It's not like the region qualifier in MN or whatever it is that WDAY puts on in what a couple weeks. But they have been doing it forever so you learn to live with it. Or at least that's what I thought.

The state tourneyment is over the entire state. Just like when the Bison were on Ch 4/11 the last few years. I'm sure lots people from out west couldn't care less about the Bison, but it was still stuck on their TV. Hey guess what, you might get regular programming next weekend (can't remember what the 'A' does), but in 2 weeks you're not going to get it either when the Boys 'B' is playing.

Bison bison
03-05-2010, 01:12 PM
I don't give sh#t either way as long as I don't have to miss the opening scenes of Heidi.

Bison bison
03-05-2010, 01:12 PM
oh snap...I think I forgot it was 2010 haha...I just remember all the original HDTVs that almost none of which had tuners built in...I was thinking that was only 5 years ago...I think that was probably 2k2 or 2k3. My bad, time flies.

You're getting old, EndZoneQB. It happens to all of us except for Dick Clark and Sophia Lauren's boobs.

GOB1SON
03-05-2010, 02:11 PM
All this over missing The Office? Seriously? Most overrated show of all time, IMO.

I would have to imagine that the girl's tourney is being broadcast statewide on the NBC networks. Guessing it has something to do with a contract with NDHSAA to carry all of the tournaments.

In the past you would have had to watch it on Saturday morning at 3:30 am. Now at least you have other options. It is streamed and it is being shown on a couple of other channels.

EndZoneQB
03-05-2010, 04:14 PM
All this over missing The Office? Seriously? Most overrated show of all time, IMO.

I would have to imagine that the girl's tourney is being broadcast statewide on the NBC networks. Guessing it has something to do with a contract with NDHSAA to carry all of the tournaments.

In the past you would have had to watch it on Saturday morning at 3:30 am. Now at least you have other options. It is streamed and it is being shown on a couple of other channels.

It wasn't really about The Office, it's more the fact of the matter. Just seems like they are bumping a lot wider audience for small school ND girls bball. Were the scores like 6-5? Plus, they broadcast in Standard Def on the HD channel, and put the HD programs on the Standard Def channel. Sure, not a "big" deal persay, but it makes everything here seem very small time(like I should be surprised right? :rolleyes: ) Just seems like things could be more thought out...like putting the SD broadcast on the SD channel??

Bison bison
03-05-2010, 04:15 PM
The fact that they broadcast a sitcom in HD is even DUMBER.

-Edna did you hear that joke!

-Heard it and say saw it. You old fat bastard! Thinks are so much funnier on this new-fangled tv set.

MNLonghorn10
03-05-2010, 04:57 PM
you shouldve seen the crowd for carrington and stanley.

i think there were more people working in concessions and on the team benches than in the seats. fail.

Yellow
03-07-2010, 05:18 PM
Does anyone know if Dish network gets this channel?