PDA

View Full Version : Possible Transfer

DORMIE
03-04-2010, 08:32 PM
Talked to a Bison coach in the barbershop today. Had to get er polished!! He said they've been talking to a possible transfer that might want to play both football and wrestle. In the 6-4 280 range. Was a gray shirt at an FBS school this past year. Don't feel that I should go any further, but it would be a nice catch.

KilldeerBison
03-04-2010, 08:40 PM
Can he Kick? Maybe kick-off and wedge buster all in one.

BisManBison
03-04-2010, 08:47 PM
Can he Kick? Maybe kick-off and wedge buster all in one.

Hey, maybe our !#@$*%& wedge buster wouldn't be off-sides all the time then?

Kermit
03-05-2010, 12:13 AM
Talked to a Bison coach in the barbershop today. Had to get er polished!! He said they've been talking to a possible transfer that might want to play both football and wrestle. In the 6-4 280 range. Was a gray shirt at an FBS school this past year. Don't feel that I should go any further, but it would be a nice catch.

I have no info, but I am going to guess Josh Campion.
http://boards.gopherhole.com/boards/archive/index.php/t-10551.html

DjKyRo
03-05-2010, 12:17 AM
280's gotta be on DL or OL, both places we could use strong players (unless he's the most ripped linebacker ever). If this pans out it'll be nice to have an FBS-caliber guy with a great amount of eligibility left.

westnodak93bison
03-05-2010, 12:20 AM
here is the topic over on gopherhole

http://boards.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?t=15624

Anyone know Kolpack? Call him and ask him to call Campion and get the answer by tomorrow morning. I got stuff to do.

IzzyFlexion
03-05-2010, 12:23 AM

Good guess.
6'4" 260# former wrestler.
OK..........REALLY good guess.

Kermit
03-05-2010, 12:34 AM
Good guess.
6'4" 260# former wrestler.
OK..........REALLY good guess.

His brother, Pete Campion, was a star for the Bison and his HS teammate, Adam Schueller will be with the team in the fall.

BisonNeil
03-05-2010, 12:35 AM

Took the words out of my mouth. I know Bohl recruited him also and least we forget, one of his relaticks played for the Bison. Good guess, we'll see.

Mr. Burgundy
03-05-2010, 12:53 AM
Right now is when I officially miss Steve Hallstrom. He would work all hours to dig on this stuff. He really was a stud at his profession.

Hambone
03-05-2010, 01:17 AM
Are there scholarships available for a transfer?

roadwarrior
03-05-2010, 01:19 AM
Are there scholarships available for a transfer?

Any smart coach keeps one in his pocket for such possibilities.

OnTheFifty
03-05-2010, 01:35 AM
This is from an interview from November - after his 2nd official visit to Minn. Although he has not taken a class yet at the U and did not enroll in January like the plan was???

Not that there was any question where Campion would be attending college, but his visit made him even more sure he wants to be a Golden Gopher. "Oh yeah, there is no doubt that I am excited to go to Minnesota. I am now 200% sure that Minnesota is the right place for me. I can't wait for January."

Tatanka
03-05-2010, 01:51 AM
I doubt it's Josh Campion.

HandoEX
03-05-2010, 01:58 AM
Any smart coach keeps one in his pocket for such possibilities.

Didn't the coaching staff just get one back with Jackson leaving the team?

Tatanka
03-05-2010, 02:18 AM
I doubt it's Josh Campion.

Upon further review, I take this back. This could have legs... ;)

NDSUFan_Sav
03-05-2010, 02:47 AM
Didn't the coaching staff just get one back with Jackson leaving the team?

yeah and i think we still have a couple left

Bryan
03-05-2010, 08:10 PM
He wouldn't be a transfer considering he has never taken a class at Minnesota and never been a part of the football program. He has had injury and grade questions the past two years. He is open for anyone to talk to at any time and NDSU would ne a perfect spot for him to land and try to jump start his college career.

tony
03-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Yeah, back injuries have hampered or ended a lot of offensive linemen's careers - hope it is Campion and hope his back is good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHYuZlqWZ9U

^ he certainly shows some wheels here

rutlandbison
03-05-2010, 08:31 PM
Does this mean that we have a transfer coming or that we could possibly have a transfer coming in?

BisonNolesFan77
03-06-2010, 12:22 AM
He wouldn't be a transfer considering he has never taken a class at Minnesota and never been a part of the football program. He has had injury and grade questions the past two years. He is open for anyone to talk to at any time and NDSU would ne a perfect spot for him to land and try to jump start his college career.

If he signed a LOI at the U of M he is a transfer...

X-Factor
03-06-2010, 02:46 AM
I don't really care if he is a transfer or a pureblood (green). Lets get the kid inked!

OldBison
03-07-2010, 07:31 PM
I don't really care if he is a transfer or a pureblood (green). Lets get the kid inked!

Bohl may have started recruiting Campion but they backed off and never offered a scholarship. Why now? I don,t think his feet are that good quite frankly.

OnTheFifty
03-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Bohl may have started recruiting Campion but they backed off and never offered a scholarship. Why now? I don,t think his feet are that good quite frankly.

He committed to Minnesota in the fall of his Junior year. When did Bohl back off, his sophomore year??

Grizzled
03-08-2010, 02:42 PM
I'd like to get him and hopefully play him at DT. We are going to need a few this year. We have to be deeper than just our starters at that spot. Same at DE. Depth will be huge there.

steelbison
03-08-2010, 02:50 PM

??? They backed off because he verballed to the U of M

How hard is that to figure? Yes you are the expert if someone has good feet or not. I am guessing you broke down several films of him playing football.

Where do you come up with this crap?

OldBison
03-08-2010, 05:31 PM
??? They backed off because he verballed to the U of M

How hard is that to figure? Yes you are the expert if someone has good feet or not. I am guessing you broke down several films of him playing football.

Where do you come up with this crap?

I was told that by an old college football player who just retired from refing high school football games in MN. He said he moved laterally poorly and was not very good getting to the second level. This was in response to me asking why he was surprised MN offered. So smart ass, you can shove it!

westnodak93bison
03-08-2010, 05:45 PM
How could he get an offer from a great coach like Brewster if he cant play?

Bison Dan
03-08-2010, 05:49 PM
I was told that by an old college football player who just retired from refing high school football games in MN. He said he moved laterally poorly and was not very good getting to the second level. This was in response to me asking why he was surprised MN offered. So smart ass, you can shove it!

Kind of funny that he was recruited so hard as a Junior if he was moving so poorly. Makes me wonder if his heart wasn't in it at MN. Anyone that was a state champ in wrestling at HW has to have good feet.

Grizzled
03-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Kind of funny that he was recruited so hard as a Junior if he was moving so poorly. Makes me wonder if his heart wasn't in it at MN. Anyone that was a state champ in wrestling at HW has to have good feet.

They do???

tony
03-08-2010, 06:12 PM
Well, the guy did have back surgery. If he was experiencing pain when some ref was watching him then his movement would have been affected.

Just hope his back is better because back surgery is about as effective as voodoo (except more expensive and harmful.*)

Hehe, now I duck and cover. :hide:

* http://www.newsweek.com/id/234514

bisonmike2
03-08-2010, 06:16 PM
They do???

I would say that agility, or good footwork is a skill a state championship wrestler may posses.

Scooter1
03-08-2010, 06:30 PM
Please God...let it be Steve Threet. :)

Da Bison
03-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Please God...let it be Steve Threet. :)
#34 :D:D

Facts
03-08-2010, 08:53 PM

Do you physically even need feet to wrestle??

ndsubison1
03-09-2010, 06:43 AM
I'd like to get him and hopefully play him at DT. We are going to need a few this year. We have to be deeper than just our starters at that spot. Same at DE. Depth will be huge there.

Agreed. Defensive line = most important unit of the defense

steelbison
03-09-2010, 01:29 PM

OldBison, in this quote you say I don't think his feet are that good quite frankly. So in fact you've never even seen him play is that correct?

So how could you form this opinion on the young man?

Just wondering how you would be the expert on someone you've never seen play.

Notorious
03-09-2010, 01:33 PM
Guys...snack break is gonna get cancelled if you keep it up...

OldBison
03-09-2010, 06:22 PM
OldBison, in this quote you say I don't think his feet are that good quite frankly. So in fact you've never even seen him play is that correct?

So how could you form this opinion on the young man?

Just wondering how you would be the expert on someone you've never seen play.

No, I haven't seen him play but read my reply to your post jerk, a football player who watched him while reffing, and was damn good said Campion has poor footwork. It was good enough for me, especially since he was an all american for the Herd. Not good enough for you? Fine. If he becomes a Bison I guess we will find out since what happens on the field is all that matters.

My guess is he won't sign because he has bunch of 2010 recruits on the OL that are top notch.

BisonNolesFan77
03-09-2010, 11:15 PM
No, I haven't seen him play but read my reply to your post jerk, a football player who watched him while reffing, and was damn goodn said Campion has poor footwork. It was good enough for me, especially since he was an all american for the Herd. Not good enough for you? Fine. If he becomes a Bison I guess we will find out dsince what happens on the field is all that matters.

My guess is he won't sign because he has bunch of 2010 recruits on the OL that are top notch.

Not to sound like a prick...but there is a huge difference in what you said in an earlier post, that he has bad feet, and what you just said above, that he has bad footwork. Most OL don't have good footwork coming out of high school, most are pretty bad. Footwork is something that you can teach, and will be taught at this level, you cant teach a kid to have good feet no matter how hard you try, cant teach the kid to be an athlete. If he is an athlete, he will be just fine at OL...footwork, hands, pad level, etc. are all things that can be corrected. Hell, some of the best OL out there were not even recruited to college as a OL!

By the way, your friend, if he was ref'ing a game...how did he get a chance to watch his feet/footwork?

CarringtonBison
03-10-2010, 03:29 AM
ok-is someone transferring or not and if so, is it Campion?

I am lost in this thread and cannot make it out if he is coming or not.

thanks in advance

Steven Threet
03-10-2010, 03:45 AM
Are you people deaf? I am NOT coming. I mean, it was very tempting..but, well..see my avatar. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Who is this Campion kid? If he is a hot prospect, my advice is to keep Lakesbison away from him. Also, make sure he knows the difference between NDSU and that other ND school.

Peace out.

#42!!!

Scooter1
03-10-2010, 05:00 PM
Are you people deaf? I am NOT coming. I mean, it was very tempting..but, well..see my avatar. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Who is this Campion kid? If he is a hot prospect, my advice is to keep Lakesbison away from him. Also, make sure he knows the difference between NDSU and that other ND school.

Peace out.

#42!!!

OK.....Please God...Let it be Steve Threet's Avatar.

Fightin' Bison
03-10-2010, 05:23 PM
No, I haven't seen him play but read my reply to your post jerk, a football player who watched him while reffing, and was damn goodn said Campion has poor footwork. It was good enough for me, especially since he was an all american for the Herd. Not good enough for you? Fine. If he becomes a Bison I guess we will find out dsince what happens on the field is all that matters.

The mistake that you made was to voice any skepticism (true or not, who knows?) over any athlete that might even be rumoured to be coming to NDSU. FYI - in the future, just say he has great athleticism, tremendous upside, and would be a good get. Everyone will think you know what you are talking about. Plus, if he was recruited by Brewster, he must be good, except for all those guys he didn't recruit that NDSU got. He missed on those guys. Totally.

OldBison
03-10-2010, 05:38 PM
The mistake that you made was to voice any skepticism (true or not, who knows?) over any athlete that might even be rumoured to be coming to NDSU. FYI - in the future, just say he has great athleticism, tremendous upside, and would be a good get. Everyone will think you know what you are talking about. Plus, if he was recruited by Brewster, he must be good, except for all those guys he didn't recruit that NDSU got. He missed on those guys. Totally.

Of course, you are right. I apologize.

Can we all just ceremoniously hold hands and please sing koombaya? :)

BisonAccountant44
03-10-2010, 06:01 PM
Of course, you are right. I apologize.

Can we all just ceremoniously hold hands and please sing koombaya? :)

Sure, but first we'll need to find that girl from the bikini thread with the milk and cookies. You can't have a good Kum ba yah circle without milk and cookies ;)

DjKyRo
03-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Are you people deaf? I am NOT coming.

I think you're bluffing!

aces1180
03-10-2010, 07:52 PM

Peace out.

#42!!!

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1061288

Are you 100% sure...Seems like you like to move around a lot!

IzzyFlexion
03-10-2010, 09:52 PM

Peace out.

#42!!!

God Steven!
You're such an attention whore!
That being said.....you're still my idol.

roadwarrior
03-10-2010, 10:32 PM
number 50....

bisonmike2
03-10-2010, 11:45 PM
Threet strikes again.

Kermit
03-11-2010, 02:09 PM
Kolpack confirms that Campion has talked with NDSU:

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/271722/

The University of Minnesota is not expecting offensive lineman Josh Campion to ever enroll with the Gophers, which is fueling speculation that the former Fergus Falls all-state player may end up at NDSU.

Campion, who signed with the Gophers in 2009 but apparently did not qualify academically, has talked with Bison football and wrestling coaches. But nothing official has come from it.

The odds of Campion playing for the Bison may be long. He has had a back surgery already, and now we are told that he was an academic non-qualifier. If he is an academic non-qualifier, he would not be able to play or practice with the team during his first full year on campus. He would be limited to working out with the strength and conditioning staff.

Notorious
03-11-2010, 02:18 PM
Kolpack confirms that Campion has talked with NDSU:

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/271722/

The odds of Campion playing for the Bison may be long. He has had a back surgery already, and now we are told that he was an academic non-qualifier. If he is an academic non-qualifier, he would not be able to play or practice with the team during his first full year on campus. He would be limited to working out with the strength and conditioning staff.

The odds of "playing" may be long, but the odds of him attending NDSU are probably very good. In his situation, NDSU would be almost ideal for him...improve grades...rehab...close to home...won't get "lost" at the UofM...

Kermit
03-11-2010, 02:20 PM
The odds of "playing" may be long, but the odds of him attending NDSU are probably very good. In his situation, NDSU would be almost ideal for him...improve grades...rehab...close to home...won't get "lost" at the UofM...

I agree. My point was that it looks like he has some academic and physical issues to overcome before he could even compete for playing time.

OldBison
03-11-2010, 05:42 PM
I agree. My point was that it looks like he has some academic and physical issues to overcome before he could even compete for playing time.

I think I am confused. Does mean that we aren't holding hands and singing kumbayah? :)

lakesbison
03-14-2010, 05:40 PM
Was in Fergus Falls yesterday for a bball tourney.

Was at the YMCA and talked to 2 FF coaches that said Campion will be coming to NDSU and him and Adam Schueller (our FF recruit this year) are good friends and are dreaming of playing on the same line together.

Now grades and transfer stuff might be difficult, thats the only obstacle.

p.s- they said he'd want to wrestle at NDSU as well.