PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating before the Green Gold game!

CHADSTAUS
03-03-2010, 12:35 AM
I think it would be a good idea to start tailgating before the Green Gold game in the spring. I saw a few die hards out there last year. Who's with me?

Tatanka
03-03-2010, 12:43 AM
Oh, Tatanka will be there. Unless of course, we're all floating aimlessly towards Hudson Bay.

CHADSTAUS
03-03-2010, 01:15 AM
The only kind of party is a tailgate party!:nod:

EndZoneQB
03-03-2010, 01:18 AM
Aren't they working to ban alcohol before the Spring Game?

Tatanka
03-03-2010, 01:23 AM
Aren't they working to ban alcohol before the Spring Game?

Who are "they"? "They" can suck it, and I don't even drink.

EndZoneQB
03-03-2010, 01:29 AM
Who are "they"? "They" can suck it, and I don't even drink.

I'm not entirely versed on the subject, I just thought I heard some of that banter on the forums. I know an older lady has been referenced, but can't remember much about it.

TransAmBison
03-03-2010, 01:33 AM
I'm not entirely versed on the subject, I just thought I heard some of that banter on the forums. I know an older lady has been referenced, but can't remember much about it.
Older lady. I hear she even hates rubbing alcohol.

Tatanka
03-03-2010, 01:41 AM
Older lady I hear she even hates rubbing alcohol.

Don't EVER use these words in the same post again.:ranting:

TransAmBison
03-03-2010, 01:45 AM
Don't EVER use these words in the same post again.:ranting:
Touche...:blush:

imabison
03-03-2010, 01:48 AM
I think it would be a good idea to start tailgating before the Green Gold game in the spring. I saw a few die hards out there last year. Who's with me?

Has the date for the game been set yet?

onbison09
03-03-2010, 01:51 AM
The name Nona alone sounds bad. :hide:

CHADSTAUS
03-03-2010, 01:55 AM
As far as I know, The date has not been set. I think it would be a blast to have a spring tailgate.

Tatanka
03-03-2010, 02:02 AM
The name Nona alone sounds bad. :hide:

Dude. You have no idea. And just when you think it's safe to look, you discover the mini-Nona. TAB knows that of which I speak.

DjKyRo
03-03-2010, 02:06 AM
Dude. You have no idea. And just when you think it's safe to look, you discover the mini-Nona. TAB knows that of which I speak.

....:eeek:

?

CHADSTAUS
03-03-2010, 02:07 AM
Oh yeah. Go bison!!!!!

56BISON73
03-03-2010, 02:10 AM
From an earlier post---

Talked with Simmers.
They are in the plannning stages of trying to put something together especially for Team Makers and the public.
They are going to have a Friday Night Show case---coaches. players etc. Then you have game day auctions etc.
As far as open ended tailgating is concerned it is in the discussion phase. There is a process that they have to go through. There is the anti alcohol contingent that has to be delt with.
The U is aware that there is great interest in recruiting and the spring game and what that can mean for greater attendance for the auctions etc and creating excitement for the fans going in to the coming season.
There is always the discussion of risk vs reward issues etc etc..
They are aware that the spring game has become a huge event at other institutions but NDSU is on a different playing field because of the anti alcohol faction.

As with anything that is new my advice is be patient and go with the flow at the present moment and let this grow in to something big over time. Because you cant push the nay sayers too much.( Even though I would like to kick them in ass.)
In time this will be a huge also if people will act responsibly and make it worth while for the U to stage these events.

So the good news is----they are working on it.

onbison09
03-03-2010, 02:32 AM

I just looked at her picture on NDSU's site. Wow. :hide:

CHADSTAUS
03-03-2010, 02:34 AM
Sounds good.Thanks for the info. I beleive we have a great thing going and all the little things they can do to get more people involved can only help.

Tatanka
03-03-2010, 02:41 AM

And that's her nice side.

4mcruenomore
03-03-2010, 02:43 AM
As far as I know, The date has not been set. I think it would be a blast to have a spring tailgate.

April 24th, 1:00 pm.

IzzyFlexion
03-03-2010, 02:56 AM

I'd like to take a gander. Is she featured in the "Bikini" thread?

Tatanka
03-03-2010, 03:04 AM
I'd like to take a gander. Is she featured in the "Bikini" thread?

Not if you don't want to lose your lunch. And your supper. And have your manhood shrivel up and fall off in protest.

stevdock
03-03-2010, 03:20 AM
I'm just curious, but why can't you tailgate WITHOUT alcohol?? I realize to many these go hand in hand, but I don't see why it has to. Or is tailgating just another event to get drunk at?

North Side
03-03-2010, 03:27 AM
I'm just curious, but why can't you tailgate WITHOUT alcohol?? I realize to many these go hand in hand, but I don't see why it has to. Or is tailgating just another event to get drunk at?

Yep,Tailgating and softball are basically just another way for people to get drunk... personally I don't drink just has fun partying sober before the game, and yes I think I am in the .000001% of student at NDSU that don't drink haha

Tatanka
03-03-2010, 03:31 AM

You can, and some do (including yours truly). I just think people should have the option, that's all.

IzzyFlexion
03-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Yep,Tailgating and softball are basically just another way for people to get drunk... personally I don't drink just has fun partying sober before the game, and yes I think I am in the .000001% of student at NDSU that don't drink haha

Holy canoli!!
Someone get Hanson on the phone, stat!
Turns out there are now 1,000,000 students enrolled at NDSU.*
*that's assuming North Side is the only "non-drinker" student.

steelbison
03-03-2010, 01:38 PM

Throwing all tailgating into the "drunk" catagory is wrong. I know my group and I like to have a few but drinking to get drunk is not what we do.

It's a social event. It's fun. Unless drinking is causing problems why wouldn't it be allowed?

stevdock
03-03-2010, 02:39 PM
I agree people should have the option to drink even though my family and I do not. But you need to act responsibily or it should be taken away.

Perfect example of this happened last year to my 5 year old son. He hasn't missed a home game the last 4 years. He got showered with alcohol by someone who brought it into the game (we didn't see it until it was too late) and then was too drunk to stand while holding onto it. There's stories like that all over the place, especially before tailgating was allowed. But as someone who doesn't drink, I don't need to see or experience this crap. I'm there to cheer on the team and enjoy the game with my family.

Like I said though, if you can act responsibily then I have no problem with it. If you can't, then I'm all for taking it away.

aces1180
03-03-2010, 02:46 PM
I agree people should have the option to drink even though my family and I do not. But you need to act responsibily or it should be taken away.

Perfect example of this happened last year to my 5 year old son. He hasn't missed a home game the last 4 years. He got showered with alcohol by someone who brought it into the game (we didn't see it until it was too late) and then was too drunk to stand while holding onto it. There's stories like that all over the place, especially before tailgating was allowed. But as someone who doesn't drink, I don't need to see or experience this crap. I'm there to cheer on the team and enjoy the game with my family.

Like I said though, if you can act responsibily then I have no problem with it. If you can't, then I'm all for taking it away.

Are you saying few 'bad apples' should ruin it for the majority of folks who like to socialize with some adult beverages? You can't have it both ways.

North Side
03-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Throwing all tailgating into the "drunk" catagory is wrong. I know my group and I like to have a few but drinking to get drunk is not what we do.

It's a social event. It's fun. Unless drinking is causing problems why wouldn't it be allowed?

Yea you're right majority of people that tailgate are pretty responsible, and I have no problems with others having a couple beers, but like always there are some that go a little over board. Personally I don't drink, but I don't know why they want to get rid of it before the game. Grilling while having a beer just goes along with the game. Its all apart of the atmosphere.

MNLonghorn10
03-03-2010, 06:21 PM

no, that'd be gay.

tony
03-03-2010, 06:36 PM
Are you saying few 'bad apples' should ruin it for the majority of folks who like to socialize with some adult beverages? You can't have it both ways.

If so, I would argue that those few people who ruin the neo-temperance movement by being totalitarian about it should be banned from not drinking at tailgating in the hopes that their sphincters loosen up to the point that the sticks they and, to a certain extent, those around them, have been suffering from can drop out naturally. :)

If a person just wanted to get drunk, there would still be bars open out there.

Remember the fantastic atmosphere there was tailgating back before beer was allowed? That said, open up a teetotaler tailgating lot and see how the market responds. It might do better than expected.

CHADSTAUS
03-03-2010, 08:03 PM
I have been tailgating for many years and agree that there is a very small percentage that take it to far, but the mass majority is there to have a good time. I dont want to see a couple of IDIOTS that ruin it for everybody. We have met and made tons of friends with people that we meet while tailgating at home and on the road.

aces1180
03-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Older lady=..... I hear she even hates rubbing alcohol.

I've heard she has been pretty decent to work with regarding tailgating. If you have to meet with her, however, you probably messed up. Basically, I know for a fact that the athletic department works hard to insure everybody can enjoy tailgating with alcohol, as long as people don't abuse the system.

TransAmBison
03-03-2010, 08:48 PM
I've heard she has been pretty decent to work with regarding tailgating. If you have to meet with her, however, you probably messed up. Basically, I know for a fact that the athletic department works hard to insure everybody can enjoy tailgating with alcohol, as long as people don't abuse the system.
Glad to hear she is on board! So who are the people protesting? I want names!!!!! I don't know what I would do with them, but I want them.

EndZoneQB
03-03-2010, 09:21 PM
I have been tailgating for many years and agree that there is a very small percentage that take it to far, but the mass majority is there to have a good time. I dont want to see a couple of IDIOTS that ruin it for everybody. We have met and made tons of friends with people that we meet while tailgating at home and on the road.

Exactly. And just because you are extremely intoxicated, you don't have to be an asshat. I like, ok I love to drink, especially outside while tailgating(honestly about the only time I REALLY drink), but I have never been kicked out, or even had an issue. You can definitely drink a lot without causing a problem.

Idiots will be idiots with or without alcohol, bottomline.

MNLonghorn10
03-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Exactly. And just because you are extremely intoxicated, you don't have to be an asshat. I like, ok I love to drink, especially outside while tailgating(honestly about the only time I REALLY drink), but I have never been kicked out, or even had an issue. You can definitely drink a lot without causing a problem.

Idiots will be idiots with or without alcohol, bottomline.

yea, well if you dont count the wagner game when you were blacked out drunk, then you've never had an issue.

EndZoneQB
03-03-2010, 10:49 PM
yea, well if you dont count the wagner game when you were blacked out drunk, then you've never had an issue.

Yeah, the only issue was that I fell when I got overzealous "dancing" and answering when Kari called, but I don't think you are in a position to criticize me for me hanging out with my exgf, whether you like her or not. Good, clean pussy is good, clean pussy.

MNLonghorn10
03-03-2010, 10:51 PM
i was more referring to getting yelled at by the family in the row ahead of us cause every other word was the f bomb from you...

maybe that was stevdock?

EndZoneQB
03-03-2010, 10:52 PM
i was more referring to getting yelled at by the family in the row ahead of us cause every other word was the f bomb from you...

maybe that was stevdock?

That was her, not me, nice try tho. Which is why we were only there for like 5-10 mins anyway. Plus, I have never spilled a drink on anyone, soda or otherwise.

Douche, trying to paint me in a different light.

VanClubPres
03-04-2010, 12:55 AM
Wow. That escalated quickly. Soooo....anyway, back to tailgating for the spring game....

It would be awesome, I plan to be there. Drinking or not, it is good practice for fall...knock some of the dust of the old wagon.

CHADSTAUS
03-04-2010, 01:43 AM
We will be there with you van club. There is a push to get 10,000 season ticket holders. I think we should get 10,000 people to tailgate the Green Gold game.:nod:

ndsubison1
03-04-2010, 01:59 AM
Glad to hear she is on board! So who are the people protesting? I want names!!!!! I don't know what I would do with them, but I want them.

This reminds me of the game in Brookings this past season. There were Campus Crusade Students handing out anti-alcohol cups to tailgaters. Hmmm I wonder what they're going to use these cups for?

CHADSTAUS
03-04-2010, 02:05 AM
This reminds me of the game in Brookings this past season. There were Campus Crusade Students handing out anti-alcohol cups to tailgaters. Hmmm I wonder what they're going to use these cups for?

I know what i used my cup for. It really really really tasted goooood! so good I had another, and another and then one more.:nod:

MNLonghorn10
03-04-2010, 11:09 AM

4 bunnies, 1 cup?

TransAmBison
03-04-2010, 11:52 AM
4 bunnies, 1 cup?
:rofl: That is all.

Bisonfan1
03-23-2010, 03:08 AM
OK, so its only about one month before the spring game, the players get their practice in, what about the tailgators ?? Whats going to happen, who in the know and with connections to the program " not me " " master of the grill" want to know if we get our warm - up in before the season starts ? GEEEZ , its a no brainer NDSU, charge a few bucks to pay for security, allow tailgating like a regular game = MONEY, HELLO, fundraising. Are we not big time D1AA or whatever they call it now, or are we Jamestown College football, time to seperate and move everything up. Whats the hold up ??? Lets not overthink this !!! Should I start dusting things off, and plan on buying things new in April 2010, or wait till August 2010 ?? SIGNED - TAILGATOR IN LIMBO/WONDERING WHY THEY WOULD THINK OF TURNING DOWN GOOD MONEY. PS - TRY IT YOU MAY LIKE IT. $$$$

VanClubPres
03-23-2010, 11:02 PM
OK, so its only about one month before the spring game, the players get their practice in, what about the tailgators ?? Whats going to happen, who in the know and with connections to the program " not me " " master of the grill" want to know if we get our warm - up in before the season starts ? GEEEZ , its a no brainer NDSU, charge a few bucks to pay for security, allow tailgating like a regular game = MONEY, HELLO, fundraising. Are we not big time D1AA or whatever they call it now, or are we Jamestown College football, time to seperate and move everything up. Whats the hold up ??? Lets not overthink this !!! Should I start dusting things off, and plan on buying things new in April 2010, or wait till August 2010 ?? SIGNED - TAILGATOR IN LIMBO/WONDERING WHY THEY WOULD THINK OF TURNING DOWN GOOD MONEY. PS - TRY IT YOU MAY LIKE IT. $$$$

Yeah, I was thinking of calling someone to find out if anything is goiung on with this

EndZoneQB
03-24-2010, 12:44 AM
I can maybe offer up my office parking lot which is north of the stop n go apartments? Not much space but enough for a few vehicles.

VanClubPres
03-24-2010, 01:35 AM
I can maybe offer up my office parking lot which is north of the stop n go apartments? Not much space but enough for a few vehicles.

This is a great Idea if the No-Fun nazis ruin everything!!

ndsubison1
03-24-2010, 01:52 AM
How about another bisonville bball pick-up game?

Bisonfan1
04-19-2010, 11:40 PM
Ok, days from the spring game and no decision on tailgating, so back to what I was told a year ago. something very close to this " you can tailgate all you want for any NDSU event, alcohol involved however is at your own risk" In other words I really do want to be the one that is made the example of. I do not need alcohol to tailgate, but what irks me is that a decision cannot be made to allow full fledged tailgating or not. I think NDSU is missing out on a big opportunity for Team maker fundraising, If your hand is out wanting money, than at least give a little bang for your buck. Overthinking things at it's best again as far as im concerned. If I missed the BIG announcement on tailgating then please disregard this post, then direct me where I missed it.

EndZoneQB
04-19-2010, 11:48 PM
What time is everyone meeting up there for the day? People going before 9am?

TransAmBison
04-19-2010, 11:51 PM
Ok, days from the spring game and no decision on tailgating, so back to what I was told a year ago. something very close to this " you can tailgate all you want for any NDSU event, alcohol involved however is at your own risk" In other words I really do want to be the one that is made the example of. I do not need alcohol to tailgate, but what irks me is that a decision cannot be made to allow full fledged tailgating or not. I think NDSU is missing out on a big opportunity for Team maker fundraising, If your hand is out wanting money, than at least give a little bang for your buck. Overthinking things at it's best again as far as im concerned. If I missed the BIG announcement on tailgating then please disregard this post, then direct me where I missed it.
We doin' this big dog? I'll be out there...with beer...and kids...let me know.

56BISON73
04-19-2010, 11:52 PM
What nobody made any calls???? Figures

So why dont you folks just show up in the west lot and tailgate. Keep it low profile and clean up after yourself. Show the powers that be the interest in the spring game and that money can be made for team makers and not turn in to a drunk fest..

TransAmBison
04-19-2010, 11:58 PM

So why dont you folks just show up in the west lot and tailgate. Keep it low profile and clean up after yourself. Show the powers that be the interest in the spring game and that money can be made for team makers and not turn in to a drunk fest..
You had me until the end and then you started typing in some foreign language. Could not comprehend. Please explain. :D

Bisonfan1
04-20-2010, 12:08 AM

Tailgated the last 3 spring games, about the only ones doing so, and was not a "drunk fest" Why in the world cant someone make a decision, it will do no good for one person to call that wants to tailgate, they will tell you that you can, they are missing the boat, and good money to boot, I think alot of people would dust their rigs off to come out to a sanctioned event. Sorry, either do it like a regular season game or why bother. Good greif, charge 5 bucks a head, pay security and porta potties and the rest goes to Team Makers. THAT WAS EASY !!!

ndsubison1
04-20-2010, 12:31 AM
I might just show up for the festivities

DjKyRo
04-20-2010, 12:55 AM
I might just show up for the festivities

I'll be there! This will be DJKyRo's first tailgate ever.

Tatanka
04-20-2010, 12:57 AM
Tatanka will be there. Just need a time. And screw the west lot. I say take over the main lots.

ndsubison1
04-20-2010, 01:07 AM

You wont regret it

56BISON73
04-20-2010, 01:07 AM
Tailgated the last 3 spring games, about the only ones doing so, and was not a "drunk fest" Why in the world cant someone make a decision, it will do no good for one person to call that wants to tailgate, they will tell you that you can, they are missing the boat, and good money to boot, I think alot of people would dust their rigs off to come out to a sanctioned event. Sorry, either do it like a regular season game or why bother. Good greif, charge 5 bucks a head, pay security and porta potties and the rest goes to Team Makers. THAT WAS EASY !!!

You are preaching to the choir. Ive made a couple of phone calls in this regard. More need to do so. They arent going to do shit if Im the only one who calls.
They already know that there is interest in this. BUT---as I posted earlier there is a process they have to go through. The process will grind to a halt unless there is a concerted effort to bring this about. Its not going to happen by somebody waving a magic wand just because some people want to do it.

People need to swamp Team makers and the AD with phone calls and email and say exactly what you just did. Its the only way its going to happen in a timely manner.

EndZoneQB
04-20-2010, 01:08 AM
Tatanka will be there. Just need a time. And screw the west lot. I say take over the main lots.

Think 9am when the breakfast/garage sale starts? We will blend in a little more then haha.

bosco
04-20-2010, 01:10 AM
Here's my proposal, but you're going to have to hustle. Everyone meet at the softball field at 10:30 - 11:00 am or so. Tailgate until noon. Head to the softball game at noon. The games usually go about an hour and a half or so. at 1:30 head to the dome. Let's get a huge crowd for BOTH events. And let's all wear toga's like on Animal House.

ndsubison1
04-20-2010, 01:15 AM
Here's my proposal, but you're going to have to hustle. Everyone meet at the softball field at 10:30 - 11:00 am or so. Tailgate until noon. Head to the softball game at noon. The games usually go about an hour and a half or so. at 1:30 head to the dome. Let's get a huge crowd for BOTH events. And let's all wear toga's like on Animal House.

Spring game starts at 1. I might stop by the sball game though

bosco
04-20-2010, 01:20 AM
It's ok to show up a half hour late. Think of it as a Laker game. Being late is cool.

MNLonghorn10
04-20-2010, 01:20 AM
im copying this from roadwarrior who posted this earlier today..

April 24, Fargodome

9–11:30 a.m. – Bison Family Breakfast

Join the Bison Athletics staff and student athletes for a family breakfast of pancakes, sausage and juice sponsored by Cloverdale Foods and the Hilton Garden Inn.

Cost: $5 paid at the door

9 a.m.-3 p.m. – Locker Room Sale - Fargodome Lobby

The Bison will host the fifth annual locker room sale with a variety of surplus sporting good items available for purchase.

9 a.m.-Noon – BBQ Boot Camp

Hosted by the NDSU Animal Science Department, the BBQ Boot Camp is a must for tailgaters and grilling enthusiasts. Learn about grilling techniques, spice rubs and marinades, cuts of meat, food safety and more.

Cost: $25 and limited to first 200 people

Contact: David Newman (701) 231-7366 or register online at http://www.ndsu.edu/bbqbootcamp

1 p.m. – Green & Gold Spring Game Kickoff

Get you first look at the 2010 Bison football team.

Admission is FREE and open to the public

it says tailgaters.

so..

TransAmBison
04-20-2010, 01:40 AM
Alright Horny Bison crew...what time? Will have the minitabs in tow, so I can't tailgate for 5 hours...but let me know. Let's get this a bit organized and have a few.

EndZoneQB
04-20-2010, 01:41 AM
im copying this from roadwarrior who posted this earlier today..

it says tailgaters.

so..

That's the class "bbq bootcamp"..it's to teach you different grilling techniques and varieties.

Alright Horny Bison crew...what time? Will have the minitabs in tow, so I can't tailgate for 5 hours...but let me know. Let's get this a bit organized and have a few.

9am-1pm = 4 hours so perfect ;)

ndsubison1
04-20-2010, 01:43 AM
what about the das boot camp?

Tatanka
04-20-2010, 01:53 AM

OK. The Tatanka will be there. With a tent. And a grill. And some good food. And no Tatankitos. Wouldn't mind tailgating for a while in the morning and catching a bit of the softball game before the spring game. Just need to know what time.

56BISON73
04-20-2010, 02:27 AM

What???? Where the hell have you been??????

DjKyRo
04-20-2010, 02:29 AM
What???? Where the hell have you been??????

...the marching band...:hide:

56BISON73
04-20-2010, 02:34 AM
...the marching band...:hide:

OH---sorry. I forgot. I remember the first game I went to after my playing days. It was like---shit you guys really have alot of fun. Damn

Hey why dont you get the pep band together. But I guess that wouldnt be low key. But it sure would get their attention.:D

Keep on marching!!!!!

BadlandsBison
04-20-2010, 05:00 AM
Hairball the night before may hinder my goal wake-up time. Hmm, this ultimately may be a tiring weekend for Badlands. But it will be a Badlandish weekend.

MNLonghorn10
04-20-2010, 11:13 AM
rule 76 no excuses play like a champion!

TransAmBison
04-20-2010, 12:44 PM
Hairball the night before may hinder my goal wake-up time. Hmm, this ultimately may be a tiring weekend for Badlands. But it will be a Badlandish weekend.
Easy solution...don't stop. There is no reason a college student can't party non stop for two days. Kids these days. :D

DjKyRo
04-20-2010, 01:45 PM

Hey now, I work 11 pm to 7 am the night/morning before/leading up to. Imagine how I'm going to feel. :D

Tatanka
04-20-2010, 02:11 PM
Easy solution...don't stop. There is no reason a college student can't party non stop for two days. Kids these days. :D

No kidding. You almost have to remind them of their civic duty to party. I know for damn certain I didn't need that kind of direction back in the day.

TransAmBison
04-20-2010, 02:16 PM
No kidding. You almost have to remind them of their civic duty to party. I know for damn certain I didn't need that kind of direction back in the day.
I think there are a few on here that are one step away from having "A nice little Saturday". You know, going to Home Depot, maybe Bed Bath And Beyond...if they have enough time.

DjKyRo
04-20-2010, 02:16 PM

haha....doodie. Like I say, I'll be there, I might just be a complete zombie. Minus the whole "brains" thing. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Tatanka
04-20-2010, 02:30 PM
I think there are a few on here that are one step away from having "A nice little Saturday". You know, going to Home Depot, maybe Bed Bath And Beyond...if they have enough time.

Only if the Bath & Body Works isn't running a sale on loofas.

BadlandsBison
04-20-2010, 03:42 PM
Well this could actually be a great opportunity. Maybe I could even snag the fan of the game award since I'll be all loose and everything.

VanClubPres
04-20-2010, 06:11 PM
Here's what I have gathered. Breakfast at 9 then to tailgate in the east lot and be a grown up? That about summerize it? I will be there.

MNLonghorn10
04-20-2010, 06:11 PM
east lot tailgate? huh?

aces1180
04-20-2010, 06:17 PM
I saw that UND is allowing tailgating for free at their spring game...Not sure why NDSU can't have an official policy allowing it in place?

THEsocalledfan
04-20-2010, 06:34 PM
I saw that UND is allowing tailgating for free at their spring game...Not sure why NDSU can't have an official policy allowing it in place?

Say what you want about those guys, but they have always had these issues figured out and seem to have less anti-booze nazis there.

As for real nazis, I do think there may be some based on a classic video by tatanka....

56BISON73
04-20-2010, 06:46 PM
Hey now, I work 11 pm to 7 am the night/morning before/leading up to. Imagine how I'm going to feel. :D

Where do you work?

EndZoneQB
04-20-2010, 06:46 PM
Here's what I have gathered. Breakfast at 9 then to tailgate in the east lot and be a grown up? That about summerize it? I will be there.

We'll be parking by you then.

DjKyRo
04-20-2010, 06:48 PM
Where do you work?

The Fairfield Inn, a hotel over by West Acres. Work night shifts on weekends. Pretty cool job but obviously the hours can get a bit whack.

Bison bison
04-20-2010, 07:32 PM
The Fairfield Inn, a hotel over by West Acres. Work night shifts on weekends. Pretty cool job but obviously the hours can get a bit whack.

Room 208. See DjKyRo at www.craigslist.com/fargond/adultservices

HandoEX
04-20-2010, 08:03 PM

I did weekend audits sporadically through college. Partying after an 11-7 shift was one of my favorite past times.

56BISON73
04-20-2010, 10:17 PM
I did weekend audits sporadically through college. Partying after an 11-7 shift was one of my favorite past times.

When I lived in California I worked the night shift alot. So I would treat getting off at 8am like getting off at 4pm. Id go to my favorite watering hole and have a few.:D

chuckles
04-21-2010, 01:26 AM

I made it to the Iowa Hawkeye's spring game last Saturday. They did allow tailgating but no booze. They follow similar protocol to NDSU where they waive the dry campus rule on game days. The enforcements were out and even in a cup we had to dump the beer out.
However, if you get crafty enough and don't make too big of a scene I'm sure you'll be fine.

NDSUFan_Sav
04-21-2010, 01:56 AM
Well this could actually be a great opportunity. Maybe I could even snag the fan of the game award since I'll be all loose and everything.

please don't explain any further.

EndZoneQB
04-21-2010, 02:17 AM

Partying with people after their 11-7 was one of my favorite past times as well lol the only excuse I needed was someone elses!

A1pigskin
04-21-2010, 05:45 PM
I am going to try and attend. I am bringing my 2 yr old, which I hope will sit through the entire game.

DjKyRo
04-21-2010, 06:09 PM
I am going to try and attend. I am bringing my 2 yr old, which I hope will sit through the entire game.

:eek: What?! No! We're trying to fight the Dome Nazis, learn 'em young! ;)

CHADSTAUS
04-21-2010, 06:59 PM
Lets show up, have a good time, clean up when we are done and maybe down the road this will be something that will be given more thought in the years to come. GO HERD!!!!!!:bow:

Bisonguy
04-21-2010, 11:24 PM

Nobody would show up unless they could be drunk.

They're also giving away free game tickets for the home opener to any kids K-8 that show up. Not exactly what I'd like to see NDSU doing.

X-Factor
04-22-2010, 05:11 PM
So I'm trying to follow along with this thread but maybe not having much success :blush:

1. Can we bring alcohol?

2. How many bison rigs can we expect in the west lot? :D

3. I don't see why this can't become an event like tailgating during the regular season.

4. Will there be 100% chance of Thunder?

VanClubPres
04-22-2010, 05:48 PM
So I'm trying to follow along with this thread but maybe not having much success :blush:

1. Can we bring alcohol? no. Wink. ;) just don't be dumb.

2. How many bison rigs can we expect in the west lot? :D East lot. Ithink 4 but I could be wrong.

3. I don't see why this can't become an event like tailgating during the regular season.exactly. E.g.Alabama sells out stadium for spring game

4. Will there be 100% chance of Thunder? Always! Go Go Bison

See above.

Swany
04-22-2010, 05:57 PM
Maybe it's been posted previously on this thread, and it probably has --- not too groundbreaking --- but there will probably be good pregame/postgame crowds at Labby's and Buffalo Wild Wings. The patio on BW's might be the place to be. Wings + Beers + Sports.

Kermit
04-22-2010, 06:05 PM

Careful with the blasphemy. SDBison is back. :D :hide:

TransAmBison
04-22-2010, 06:12 PM
Careful with the blasphemy. SDBison is back. :D :hide:
That is hilarious. Post of the day!

90BISON
04-22-2010, 06:19 PM

"Not that there is anything wrong with that....." ;)

ndsubison1
04-22-2010, 09:14 PM
the bison better win this game

TransAmBison
04-22-2010, 09:16 PM
What are the odds? Slick loves a good bet!

Kermit
04-22-2010, 11:37 PM

It's gonna be a WHALE of a game!

http://www.connecticutvalleybiological.com/images/gp25.jpg

TransAmBison
04-25-2010, 07:56 PM
http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/090.jpg
The kids had a blast. They loved tailgating and the Battlewagon.

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/095.jpg

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/096.jpg

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/097.jpg

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/098.jpg

56BISON73
04-25-2010, 09:51 PM
http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/090.jpg
The kids had a blast. They loved tailgating and the Battlewagon.

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/095.jpg

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/096.jpg

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/097.jpg

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/098.jpg

WAY COOL!!!!!!

Man Iam bummed I wasnt there:( Glad you all had a good time!!!!:nod:

TA it that the twins????

NDSUFan_Sav
04-25-2010, 11:11 PM
WAY COOL!!!!!!

Man Iam bummed I wasnt there:( Glad you all had a good time!!!!:nod:

TA it that the twins????

yeah its the twins, he said they were mad when it was raining that morning because they didn't think they'd get to tailgate haha. It was a good time like usual.

56BISON73
04-25-2010, 11:16 PM
yeah its the twins, he said they were mad when it was raining that morning because they didn't think they'd get to tailgate haha. It was a good time like usual.

Wow that is just amazing. It seems like yesterday that TAB was talking about bringing them home from the hospital.

imabison
04-25-2010, 11:29 PM

After this weekend, there is definitely a huge anti tailgate force at NDSU. I have no idea who or what is behind it, but there was definite concern about even the suggestion of any tailgating for the spring game, t shirts that were sold by others because NDSU would not allow them to be sold in the bookstore because of the words tailgate on them.

Anyway, I love the new 10 X 20 Bison Flag that was up at the tailgating.

CHADSTAUS
04-25-2010, 11:33 PM
The 10x20 flag was awesome.

Tatanka
04-25-2010, 11:48 PM
After this weekend, there is definitely a huge anti tailgate force at NDSU. I have no idea who or what is behind it, but there was definite concern about even the suggestion of any tailgating for the spring game, t shirts that were sold by others because NDSU would not allow them to be sold in the bookstore because of the words tailgate on them.

Definitely someone is pretty puckered up somewhere in the upper echelons of administration at NDSU... but it might not be who you think it is.

EndZoneQB
04-25-2010, 11:52 PM
Definitely someone is pretty puckered up somewhere in the upper echelons of administration at NDSU... but it might not be who you think it is.

There was issues with tailgating? Did someone come talk to any of you guys?

56BISON73
04-25-2010, 11:53 PM
Was Bisonfan 1 there????

NDSUFan_Sav
04-26-2010, 12:04 AM
Was Bisonfan 1 there????

no he didn't show up

ndsubison1
04-26-2010, 01:01 AM

yeah alcohol is evil ;)

56BISON73
04-26-2010, 01:03 AM
Ok so somebody tell me who all of the people are in the pictures.

MNLonghorn10
04-26-2010, 01:16 AM
my mug is by the blue cooler next to the bus in the last pic.

EndZoneQB
04-26-2010, 01:18 AM
I'm wearing #3 in third and last picture.

Tatanka
04-26-2010, 01:28 AM
There was issues with tailgating? Did someone come talk to any of you guys?

No, quite the opposite. There were absolutely no issues with tailgating whatsoever. Everyone had a good time, was well behaved, and was treated accordingly by Fargo PD and dome security.

DjKyRo
04-26-2010, 01:35 AM
Ok so somebody tell me who all of the people are in the pictures.

I'm the one in the white #40 jersey. I stood out quite well.

TransAmBison
04-26-2010, 01:37 AM
I can guarantee you TAB will not mention by name who it is...;)*

*B1SON "The Doctor" trademark used to assure all who are reading this that you can take it to the bank**
**TAB's lawyers will now be busy battling the poster formerly known as B1SON for copyright infringement.

Bison53
04-26-2010, 01:54 AM
I think #48 is Chet Miller?

EndZoneQB
04-26-2010, 02:52 AM
No, quite the opposite. There were absolutely no issues with tailgating whatsoever. Everyone had a good time, was well behaved, and was treated accordingly by Fargo PD and dome security.

That's what I experienced as well, was just a little thrown off by your comments, I must have missed the joke lol

NDSUFan_Sav
04-26-2010, 04:34 AM
That's what I experienced as well, was just a little thrown off by your comments, I must have missed the joke lol

tatanka to joke around??? yeah right there's no such thing as a joke from tatanka :D

TransAmBison
04-26-2010, 10:56 AM
tatanka to joke around??? yeah right there's no such thing as a joke from tatanka :D
At least not a funny one, I can see how EndZoneQB was thrown off. :D Tatanka tries, but lacks timing, wit, charm...really any kind of etiquette at all...but he tries.

Bisonfan1
04-26-2010, 12:42 PM
Was Bisonfan 1 there????

Bisonfan1 had to work, all employees off running around the country. Wow looked like the best spring game tailgate yet, what a scary looking bunch of people in the east lot, NDSU should have corraled you all and paraded you all to the 50 yard line so everyone could see the faces of the evil ones of tailgating :D

Gilley
04-26-2010, 04:08 PM
#85 in the 3rd and last picture

NDSUFan_Sav
04-27-2010, 06:04 AM
#85 in the 3rd and last picture

post #15 I told you that you had 15 posts :P

TbonZach
04-27-2010, 06:26 AM
I'm in the red shirt holding a sandwich. Oh, wait, never mind. I wasn't there. I was frigging working. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: