PDA

View Full Version : A Guess As To What The Two-Deep Roster Will Look Like After Spring Practice

BisonNeil
02-28-2010, 04:11 PM
I and a couple of friends at work have been going through some serious college football withdrawl this past week. Thus, the topic of conversation came around to spring practice, largely because we are hoping the Bison get a good spring workout, much better than last year's flood interrupted version (although at this point that appears to be a pipedream).

So, here are my thoughts after talking to a couple of other TeamMakers and a couple of parents of players. I'd be interested in what you all think. Obviously after a 3-8 season there are some serious upgrades necessary at several positions and some holes to fill with graduation (starter/backup):

Offense

Offensive Line
As far as I am concerned, it all starts here. Arndt, Richard and Cornick are solid guys to re-build around. I think Cornick played at least as well as Ebel when he came in and is more physical.

LT-Arndt/Jacobs
LG-Lund/Will
C- Richard/Lund
RG-Anderson/Landingham
RT-Cornick/Jerve

Outlook: Solid starters but need to stay healthy to be productive, very thin and inexperienced backups.

Tight End
As a group they need a little more physicality in run blocking, skills that should be worked on this spring.

TE-Veldman/Smith

Outlook: I personally think this is one of the deepest units on the team. Veldman has a chance to be all world. I think the combination of Nelson & Vaadeland will push Smith for backup playing time, big prototypical bodies on these two 2009 recruits.

Wide Receivers
Somebody needs to break out and give Holloway some help, lot's of potential guys to do this but a productive spring will be very important to all of them.

WO-Holloway/Woods
SE-Williams/Mack

Outlook: Other than Holloway no one has really stepped up, Williams has shown flashes of brilliance but has been plagued with injuries. Lot's of talent in the underclassmen, I would like to see one or more of them step up but I question whether that can happen. Spring is very important to this group which has a lot of bodies but very little proven ability.

Runningback
Another strength of this years team.

FB-Vandal/Hushka
TB-Voitlander/McNorton

Outlook: There are a myriad of possibilities with the stockpile of talent Bohl has accumulated at this position. Voit is the starter in my scenario because I love the guys work ethic and productivity on the field but I acknowledge that DJ will likely get the nod. Sigers and Ojuri will obviously also see the field in spot situations. I think Bruhn and Grothman will push Hushka for back up time behind Vandal at FB. These are exciting times and I think the Bison won't miss a beat with the loss of Paschall to graduation.

Quarterback
As stated in another thread, I haven't felt this good about the QB position for a long time.

QB-Mohler/Jensen

Outlook: I think either of these two guys can effectively manage the game, but they both need to have good springs in order to transform this position from a liability to an asset on the team.

Defense

There is no doubt that this unit needs a lot more work and development than the offense and in my personal opinion the Bison are a year or so away from having a team that have a characteristically dominant defense for this program.

Defensive Line
Again, as with the OL, I think an effective defense starts with the line of scrimmage and I like to think of this unit as the best on the D.

DE-Boyer/Jirik
DT-Gratzek/Gimmestad
NT-Phillips/Reid
DE-Johnson/Juckem

Outlook: This unit slowly improved over the course of last year but was not as good as I thought they could be. Personally, I think the development of Boyer and Johnson was slowed by the lack of effective backups. I think Jirik and Juckem, or Perry/Stoczynski, will change that. The interior line also needs to develop effective backups this spring.

Linebackers
This unit was seriously deficient last year for several reasons. I think the productivity of this unit in 2010 will be invariably linked to the ability of Anderson and Beson to recover their injuries.

SLB-Evans/Anderson
MLB-Forbes/Willson
WLB-Jemison/Beson

Outlook: My arrangement of this unit by position is a POA and likely the subject of some debate. But again, whether or not Anderson can fully recover from a neck injury is really in question. Bowman, in my opinion, never regained form for example. There has been talk Beson's career may be over, I hope not. My guess is that if they both return it will be as quality backups and spot duty. Forbes and Willson need to solidify the middle which has been a disaster since the graduation of Joe Mays. Both are participating in spring practice which is a plus.

Defensive Backs
Another weak spot on the defense last year and, unfortunately, the unit I think is also most suspect going into spring practice.

CB-Gatlin/Williams
FS-Eaves/Jackson
SS-Lemon/Ollman
CB-Pierre/Colvin, Z

Outlook: Although I am hoping for improvement I am skeptical. The defensive backfield may be okay if they stay injury-free. I think Gatlin and Pierre have talent but did not have enough experience last year to help significantly. Remember, Pierre never played the position before and he beat out Derrius Colvin who I think is a bust, that is why I have the TFr Zach Colvin as a back up. I also realize that Marcus Williams cannot participate in spring practice, but I think the position is so thin he will still be penciled in as a backup CB. Ollman could beat out Lemon I think at SS. Lemon couldn't beat out Belmont last year who played with a bum knee, so I think SS is wide open this spring. I know Jackson was moved to OLB, but I think he will be moved back this spring to FS, an area of deep concern in this unit.

Special Teams

I don't know even where to start. I think punting will be fine, but I have no faith in Jastram as a kicker and I am disappointed that none were signed for this years class (that I am aware of). I am also hoping the new coaches can significantly upgrade the punt and kick coverage which has been dismal without much improvement the past three years.

Outlook: ?????????????????????????????

So, there you have it, my two cents. I would like to hear from the rest of you BVers to see what you think about the 2010 version of the Bison after spring practice.

CaBisonFan
02-28-2010, 04:30 PM
Good post Neil. Refreshing to see someone stick their neck out with some opinions.

Defensive line needs to take the heat off the others. LB & DB were hung out to dry. QB pressure & run stuffing from these 4 would change the whole team.

Mohler will prove to be the ultimate West Coast QB. All of the elements...lightning quick release, lightning-quick runner, quick decisions, can thread the needle with a rocket, throws a soft pass when needed, leads the receiver so that they can run after the catch, looks off the open receiver, actually knows how to pump-fake, doesn't hang receivers out to dry very often. The team comes out of the huddle with energy when he's back there...it's like, "let's get at it. We're gonna score."

Dropped passes the last two years? Check all of the above. It was interesting to see the receivers' response to Jose's passes by catching them. Would be great to see Jensen, Thorton, and Perez challenge Mohler. We need more than one QB. Running back by committee is probably what we'll see. I agree about Voit...but we're absolutely loaded back there. Wow

rutlandbison
02-28-2010, 06:05 PM
Nice, but I think Ojuri will be the starting tailback.

westnodak93bison
02-28-2010, 06:34 PM
I'll second the Ojuri moves into starting tail back.

Grizzled
02-28-2010, 06:43 PM
I don't know what more Voight has to do to prove himself. Seems like everytime he touches the rock good things happen, and thats with very limited touches. I second Voight being the starting back.

NDSUstudent
02-28-2010, 06:47 PM
I third Voigtlander for RB1, good things happen when he gets the ball and I think Ojuri will have a tough time beating either Voigt or DJ out in the spring. I think he will have to prove he is better over the course of the season, he has too much ground to make up to do it in the spring.

CaBisonFan
02-28-2010, 06:48 PM
Nice, but I think Ojuri will be the starting tailback.

This might be right. I hope that he's been pumping iron. Needed to get stronger & a little heavier.

CaBisonFan
02-28-2010, 06:50 PM
I third Voigtlander for RB1, good things happen when he gets the ball and I think Ojuri will have a tough time beating either Voigt or DJ out in the spring. If he does, it is something he will have to prove over the course of the season.

If Ojuri gets a lot stronger...watch out. If not, then I'm with Voit. Regardless, I agree with good things happening when he gets the ball...an intangible that we sorely need. Could it be called leadership?

DjKyRo
02-28-2010, 06:52 PM
As far as HB goes, I have to give my props to Voigt. All the guy does is make plays and score touchdowns. Ojuri, DJ and Sigers are going to be some great backups and I think at least one of them should get a shot at a slot receiver - get DJ into some open space and he'll make some magic happen.

Overall I like the list Neil, I'd like to see K-jack get a shot at starting safety though - Lemon hasn't been all too impressive in his tenure, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Spring ball is going to rock.

bisontwice
02-28-2010, 08:14 PM
Good post. Not all of those players will be full go for spring ball due to off-season surgery and some other players won't be present for spring ball. So expect some changes on the list.

56BISON73
02-28-2010, 08:29 PM
DJ need to hit the hole-seam hard and quick. If he continues with the dancing he will be looking at reserve duty.

Notorious
02-28-2010, 08:35 PM
Why in the hell was Ojuri's redshirt pulled? And, I'm not sold on Mohler...I'd be willing to bet he isn't even at NDSU by this time next year.

ndsubison1
02-28-2010, 10:47 PM
ming01's amateurish projected two-deep roster (Starter is first)

Offense

QB: Mohler/Jensen
RB: Ojuri/McNorton
FB: Vandal/Bruhn
WR: Holloway/Woods
WR: Williams/Mack
TE: Veldman/Smith
LT-Arndt/Jacobs
LG-Lund/Britt
C- Richard/Lund
RG-Anderson/McGregor
RT-Cornick/Jerve

Defense

DE: Boyer/Juckem
DT: Gratzek/Perry
DT: Phillips/Reid
DE: Johnson/Hagen
OLB: Wilson/Kolstad
MLB: Evans/Forbes
OLB: Jemison/Beson
CB: Pierre/Williams
CB: Gatlin/Colvin, D
S: Eaves/Jackson
S: Lemon/Ollman

Kermit
03-01-2010, 12:57 AM
Thanks for the great post! This is very juicy, so I am going to insert a few comments/questions below. I'll address the offense here and the defense in another post.

Offensive Line

LT-Arndt/Jacobs
LG-Lund/Will
C- Richard/Lund
RG-Anderson/Landingham
RT-Cornick/Jerve

Outlook: Solid starters but need to stay healthy to be productive, very thin and inexperienced backups.

Agree with the starters. I think you meant Britt, not "Will." I am a little worried about Landingham, as he apparently was unable to make the 2-deep last season when we had 3 former walk-ons (McGregor, Britt, and Beckius) listed on the 2nd team.

Tight End
As a group they need a little more physicality in run blocking, skills that should be worked on this spring.

TE-Veldman/Smith

Outlook: I personally think this is one of the deepest units on the team. Veldman has a chance to be all world. I think the combination of Nelson & Vaadeland will push Smith for backup playing time, big prototypical bodies on these two 2009 recruits.

I agree with the concern about blocking at this spot. Thor Brown will be missed.

Wide Receivers
Somebody needs to break out and give Holloway some help, lot's of potential guys to do this but a productive spring will be very important to all of them.

WO-Holloway/Woods
SE-Williams/Mack

Outlook: Other than Holloway no one has really stepped up, Williams has shown flashes of brilliance but has been plagued with injuries. Lot's of talent in the underclassmen, I would like to see one or more of them step up but I question whether that can happen. Spring is very important to this group which has a lot of bodies but very little proven ability.

We need a talent upgrade here, and I think there is an opportunity for a redshirt freshman, or even a true freshman to play. I know, I know..WR is a complicated position to learn in the West Coast Offense--but I don't buy that completely. If Michael Floyd can play as a true freshman for Charlie Weiss, someone could theoretically do it at NDSU.

Runningback
Another strength of this years team.

FB-Vandal/Hushka
TB-Voitlander/McNorton

Outlook: There are a myriad of possibilities with the stockpile of talent Bohl has accumulated at this position. Voit is the starter in my scenario because I love the guys work ethic and productivity on the field but I acknowledge that DJ will likely get the nod. Sigers and Ojuri will obviously also see the field in spot situations. I think Bruhn and Grothman will push Hushka for back up time behind Vandal at FB. These are exciting times and I think the Bison won't miss a beat with the loss of Paschall to graduation.

We are stacked at RB. Someone needs to step up and grab the starting spot.

Does anyone else think we may have TOO MUCH depth at fullback? I'd add Amos Buehner, the walk-on from Killdeer to the 4 names above.

Quarterback
As stated in another thread, I haven't felt this good about the QB position for a long time.

QB-Mohler/Jensen

Outlook: I think either of these two guys can effectively manage the game, but they both need to have good springs in order to transform this position from a liability to an asset on the team.

Mohler was adequate last season. I think/hope that Jensen has a bigger upside. He is certainly a lot bigger physically. The kid's build is almost Tebow-esque. Dante Perez appears to be a much better runner than passer. As others have mentioned, it would be interesting to see him runs some Wildcat.

DjKyRo
03-01-2010, 01:13 AM
Mohler was adequate last season. I think/hope that Jensen has a bigger upside. He is certainly a lot bigger physically. The kid's build is almost Tebow-esque. Dante Perez appears to be a much better runner than passer. As others have mentioned, it would be interesting to see him runs some Wildcat.

This brings me back to NDB2's idea of an 11-QB set - call it the Whirly-Gig. Sound like Bohl's got a plan for offense? :nod:

Kermit
03-01-2010, 01:23 AM
Defensive Line
Again, as with the OL, I think an effective defense starts with the line of scrimmage and I like to think of this unit as the best on the D.

DE-Boyer/Jirik
DT-Gratzek/Gimmestad
NT-Phillips/Reid
DE-Johnson/Juckem

Outlook: This unit slowly improved over the course of last year but was not as good as I thought they could be. Personally, I think the development of Boyer and Johnson was slowed by the lack of effective backups. I think Jirik and Juckem, or Perry/Stoczynski, will change that. The interior line also needs to develop effective backups this spring.

I've been told that Leevon Perry was already moved to DT, and that the coaches are very high on him. Ryan Drevlow was a forgotten man among last year's freshman class, but he is a very athletic kid who will eventually be a very good defensive end. I think Jirik will get playing time this season. Juckem is getting bigger and he could play some DT. Garrett Johnson moved inside to DT during some clear passing situations last year. With several good young players who can play DT, I wouldn't be surprised if Gimmestad gets a look as an offensive guard at some point. Some schools were higher on him as offensive lineman coming out of high school than as a defensive lineman.

Linebackers
This unit was seriously deficient last year for several reasons. I think the productivity of this unit in 2010 will be invariably linked to the ability of Anderson and Beson to recover their injuries.

SLB-Evans/Anderson
MLB-Forbes/Willson
WLB-Jemison/Beson

Outlook: My arrangement of this unit by position is a POA and likely the subject of some debate. But again, whether or not Anderson can fully recover from a neck injury is really in question. Bowman, in my opinion, never regained form for example. There has been talk Beson's career may be over, I hope not. My guess is that if they both return it will be as quality backups and spot duty. Forbes and Willson need to solidify the middle which has been a disaster since the graduation of Joe Mays. Both are participating in spring practice which is a plus.

We know Anderson will not be ready for contact this spring. I haven't heard any updates on Beson's status. Isaac Kolstad will be a backup on the outside and then we are down to several walk-ons.

I loved Willson's highlight video, but he was an outside LB in juco not a MLB. We NEED Willson and Forbes to step in and make an impact.

This is another position where a true freshman could play. I think that Grant Olson WILL play next fall. Don Carter and Carlton Littlejohn also are the type of athletes who could conceivably play as true freshmen.

Defensive Backs
Another weak spot on the defense last year and, unfortunately, the unit I think is also most suspect going into spring practice.

CB-Gatlin/Williams
FS-Eaves/Jackson
SS-Lemon/Ollman
CB-Pierre/Colvin, Z

Outlook: Although I am hoping for improvement I am skeptical. The defensive backfield may be okay if they stay injury-free. I think Gatlin and Pierre have talent but did not have enough experience last year to help significantly. Remember, Pierre never played the position before and he beat out Derrius Colvin who I think is a bust, that is why I have the TFr Zach Colvin as a back up. I also realize that Marcus Williams cannot participate in spring practice, but I think the position is so thin he will still be penciled in as a backup CB. Ollman could beat out Lemon I think at SS. Lemon couldn't beat out Belmont last year who played with a bum knee, so I think SS is wide open this spring. I know Jackson was moved to OLB, but I think he will be moved back this spring to FS, an area of deep concern in this unit.

This unit needs some major upgrades. Marcus Williams will not be in spring ball, but I still think that he will have a great opportunity to be a starter at CB in the fall.

Zach Colvin could challenge for playing time as a true freshman. It would say quite a bit about the state of the Bison secondary if we have a true freshman playing corner for the second consecutive season, but it could happen.

I thought our safeties were miserable last year. I think Ollmann will be a strong challenger at SS. Kevin Jackson looked very good at FS in last year's spring game--but then he was mysteriously playing CB in the fall before being temporarily moved to LB. I hope he goes back to safety, and then maybe Josh Horner will get a shot at corner.

Safety is another spot with some very promising freshmen coming in. Colton Heagle and Christian Dudzik could be good enough to play right away.

mgbison
03-01-2010, 05:46 AM
Looks like Jackson has dropped football to focus on track. Safe to say that a true freshman will be in the 2 deep at safety. good luck to him in track.

The area where losing a guy like Jackson hurts the team is on special teams. Normally backup safties and linebackers are the core of your kickoff teams. Could be a long year with those 2 units.

Hopefully with better coaching this season, we will see an improvement with the free and strong safeties. I'm a lot more concerned about those two positions, than any other positions on the team.

ndsubison1
03-01-2010, 06:16 AM
Looks like Jackson has dropped football to focus on track. Safe to say that a true freshman will be in the 2 deep at safety. good luck to him in track.

The area where losing a guy like Jackson hurts the team is on special teams. Normally backup safties and linebackers are the core of your kickoff teams. Could be a long year with those 2 units.

Hopefully with better coaching this season, we will see an improvement with the free and strong safeties. I'm a lot more concerned about those two positions, than any other positions on the team.

Jackson was also on the track team last year.

westnodak93bison
03-01-2010, 01:17 PM
If I were Heagle or Dudzik I'd get to Fargo the day after I'm done with high school activities and get after the film and conditioning.

bisontwice
03-01-2010, 01:34 PM
Van Voorhis should step up at safety. He broke his foot last fall which cost him some practice time. Jackson had some speed but not a football guy....8 tackles in 9 games according to the article, not exactly a nose for the ball from the safety position. Good luck to him in track, he should do well.

Kermit
03-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Van Voorhis should step up at safety. He broke his foot last fall which cost him some practice time. Jackson had some speed but not a football guy....8 tackles in 9 games according to the article, not exactly a nose for the ball from the safety position. Good luck to him in track, he should do well.

Thanks for reminding me about Van Voorhis. I was skeptical about him when he was recruited, probably largely because he is only 5'8". Nonetheless he was co-defensive player of the year in a good conference in high school and was all-metro in the Twin Cities.

Our safety situation going into spring ball now looks something like this:

SS: Lemon, Ollman, Gion
FS: Eaves, Horner, Van Voorhis

When the freshmen come in next summer, I'm guessing Dudzik will be a FS, Heagle could be FS or SS, Pfeiffer will be a SS.

blizzard
03-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Good post. Not all of those players will be full go for spring ball due to off-season surgery and some other players won't be present for spring ball. So expect some changes on the list.

Hank Jacobs had shoulder surgery on February 19th.

Bison Dan
03-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Thanks for reminding me about Van Voorhis. I was skeptical about him when he was recruited, probably largely because he is only 5'8". Nonetheless he was co-defensive player of the year in a good conference in high school and was all-metro in the Twin Cities.

Our safety situation going into spring ball now looks something like this:

SS: Lemon, Ollman, Gion
FS: Eaves, Horner, Van Voorhis

When the freshmen come in next summer, I'm guessing Dudzik will be a FS, Heagle could be FS or SS, Pfeiffer will be a SS.

I'm thinking that Horner will step up in a big way. He and Kittleson were 2 bright spots on special teams play last year.

Kermit
03-01-2010, 02:44 PM

Ouch. Sorry to hear that. A bunch of us are looking forward to seeing Hank play!

OldBison
03-01-2010, 03:26 PM

That hurts, bummer :banghead:

Do you know why? Major or arthroscopic?

ndsubison1
03-01-2010, 08:44 PM

Just saw the article. You're right.

BisonNeil
03-01-2010, 11:05 PM
I've been told that Leevon Perry was already moved to DT, and that the coaches are very high on him. Ryan Drevlow was a forgotten man among last year's freshman class, but he is a very athletic kid who will eventually be a very good defensive end. I think Jirik will get playing time this season. Juckem is getting bigger and he could play some DT. Garrett Johnson moved inside to DT during some clear passing situations last year. With several good young players who can play DT, I wouldn't be surprised if Gimmestad gets a look as an offensive guard at some point. Some schools were higher on him as offensive lineman coming out of high school than as a defensive lineman.

We know Anderson will not be ready for contact this spring. I haven't heard any updates on Beson's status. Isaac Kolstad will be a backup on the outside and then we are down to several walk-ons.

I loved Willson's highlight video, but he was an outside LB in juco not a MLB. We NEED Willson and Forbes to step in and make an impact.

This is another position where a true freshman could play. I think that Grant Olson WILL play next fall. Don Carter and Carlton Littlejohn also are the type of athletes who could conceivably play as true freshmen.

This unit needs some major upgrades. Marcus Williams will not be in spring ball, but I still think that he will have a great opportunity to be a starter at CB in the fall.

Zach Colvin could challenge for playing time as a true freshman. It would say quite a bit about the state of the Bison secondary if we have a true freshman playing corner for the second consecutive season, but it could happen.

I thought our safeties were miserable last year. I think Ollmann will be a strong challenger at SS. Kevin Jackson looked very good at FS in last year's spring game--but then he was mysteriously playing CB in the fall before being temporarily moved to LB. I hope he goes back to safety, and then maybe Josh Horner will get a shot at corner.

Safety is another spot with some very promising freshmen coming in. Colton Heagle and Christian Dudzik could be good enough to play right away.

Good info all the way around Kermit. Thanks!!

westnodak93bison
03-02-2010, 01:02 AM
I'm thinking that Horner will step up in a big way. He and Kittleson were 2 bright spots on special teams play last year.

yes, I saw that and imho you must reward special team performers with opportunity. Sometimes guts is what it takes.

BisonNeil
05-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Changes in my original two deep roster before spring practice are bolded. I didn't go to the spring game, so this is based on my reading Kolpack, Dom Izzo's interviews of Bohl, and the chatter on BV. Comments?

(starter/backup):

Offense

Offensive Line
LT-Arndt/Jerve
LG-Lund/Landingham
C- Richard/Lund
RG-Beckius/Anderson
RT-Cornick/Britt

Tight End

TE-Smith/Veldman

Wide Receivers

WO-Howard/Holloway
SE-Williams/Mack

Runningback

FB-Vandal/Hushka
TB-McNorton/Voitlander

Quarterback

QB-Mohler/Jensen

Defense

Defensive Line

DE-Boyer/Jirik
DT-Gratzek/Gimmestad
NT-Phillips/Juckem
DE-Hagen/Stoczynski

Linebackers

SLB-Willson/Anderson
MLB-Evans/Forbes
WLB-Jemison/Kolstad

Defensive Backs

CB-Gatlin/Banks
FS-Eaves/VanVoorhis
SS-Lemon/Ollman
CB-Pierre/Colvin

DjKyRo
05-02-2010, 04:33 PM
Changes in my original two deep roster before spring practice are bolded. I didn't go to the spring game, so this is based on my reading Kolpack, Dom Izzo's interviews of Bohl, and the chatter on BV. Comments?

I think Holloway and Veldman are almost locks as the starters for the WR and TE position respectively, they were everywhere in spring ball and Veldman's got some NFL size - I really think the spring game was a message that anyone could start, though if that was the case (which it certainly might not have been), Howard's performance certainly threw a monkey wrench into that idea.

Cooper Wahlo has to start somewhere at the WR spot, and IMHO I think he gets the nod over Titus Mack. Better size, better hands. Put Titus on as a return man for punts and kickoffs if he strikes you as one of those "put him somewhere" guys.

Other than that...I really think Bobby Ollman should get a hard look at the starting SS position. Guy was great in coverage though tended to get beat if it was a deep route, so I could see how Lemon could look more favorable. This is one of the positions that a freshman has a chance to step up if they can blow it up in fall ball.

Aside from those points, I agree with what you've got down - keep in mind I'm an amateur at this sort of thing and my points are not guaranteed to be in any way valid or accurate. :)

AEBison1998
05-02-2010, 06:51 PM
I'm thinking that the LB battle is going to be a WAR in the fall. I saw a segment on the news where Forbes was planned to start at MLB and Evans moving to the outside. Evans ability to play either spot makes this a very interesting. The coaches can play the three best guys regardless of position.

Here's my guess against Kansas:

MLB: Forbes, Emanuel (TFr)
OLB: Evans, Jemison
OLB: Willson, Anderson

The interesting thing is I wouldn't be surprised if I have all three of these spots wrong and its:

MLB: Evans
OLB: Jemison
OLB: Anderson

We're in a good spot at LB for a change.

And don't forget we have some very talented TFr coming in that could play. But I just wonder how long it will take them to learn the defense.

lakesbison
05-02-2010, 09:03 PM
LB's

JOE - Jemison, Olson, Evans.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19477&highlight=linebackers

click there for more info:

CHADSTAUS
05-02-2010, 10:23 PM
This team should be ten fold stronger then last season. IF everybody can stay healthy, we will be just fine :bow:

4mcruenomore
05-02-2010, 10:28 PM
LB's

JOE - Jemison, Olson, Evans.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19477&highlight=linebackers

click there for more info:

I'm surprised you are a Jemison fan.

lakesbison
05-03-2010, 01:40 AM
His dad is my buddy 4mcrue.

ndsubison1
05-03-2010, 01:46 AM
Jemison looks completely different from last season. I am excited about our LBs

99Bison
05-03-2010, 03:19 AM
Can't imagine it's going to be anything other than: Jemison, Evans, and Forbes or Wilson. Personally hope Wilson or Forbes take the middle.

X-Factor
05-03-2010, 03:49 AM
The offense could be very interesting this fall. Not that we would use it very much considering our style of play, but we can field a legitimate threat of 3 or 4 wide receiver sets for unique situations considering the development at that position and finally having a QB or two that is worth a darn. In years past that would have been disaster.

Jdubs21
05-03-2010, 03:56 AM
The offense could be very interesting this fall. Not that we would use it very much considering our style of play, but we can field a legitimate threat of 3 or 4 wide receiver sets for unique situations considering the development at that position and finally having a QB or two that is worth a darn. In years past that would have been disaster.

it would be nice to throw in a little bit of the spread for a couple plays in each series....or maybe like 10 or so plays a game, just to keep the defense guessing and keep them from getting comfortable, plus we got great backs with shifty moves for a checkdown receiver if the WR's dont get open

SUBISON247
05-03-2010, 06:10 AM
His dad is my buddy 4mcrue.

Isn't everybody your buddy?