PDA

View Full Version : FCS Title Game to Frisco, TX

BisonKent
02-26-2010, 07:39 PM
Texas has been a good home for the Bison for national title games in the past--having played several times in McAllen, TX. Here's to hoping that NDSU follows their old Texas grounds to get to a title game.

Frisco is a suburb of Dallas and the stadium hosting is Pizza Hut Park--the home of the Major League Soccer team in Dallas.

Here is a story on the move away from Chattanooga, which had been the host for 13 years previously.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/global/story.asp?s=12047189

SDbison
02-26-2010, 10:09 PM
Texas has been a good home for the Bison for national title games in the past--having played several times in McAllen, TX. Here's to hoping that NDSU follows their old Texas grounds to get to a title game.

Frisco is a suburb of Dallas and the stadium hosting is Pizza Hut Park--the home of the Major League Soccer team in Dallas.

Here is a story on the move away from Chattanooga, which had been the host for 13 years previously.

This move sucks!
FCS now on equal ground with soccer.
It's only a 20,000 seat, high school looking stadium.
Not that the Bison are getting there anytime soon, but when they do, its time to get the frack out of FCS and move up to FBS.

56BISON73
02-26-2010, 11:05 PM
Frisco is 413 miles from my house. 6 1/2 hour drive. If the Bison ever make it to the big game people can stay here on the way down.

BisonKent
02-27-2010, 12:55 AM
Actually the capacity of this stadium is about equal to that of Finley Stadium in Chatty and I think has room to grow. Chatty had the central location for FCS teams as there were about as many schools playing FCS football east of there as there was west of there---same goes pretty much as north and south.

The big news is the title game will be Jan. 7, which at least personally is much better than the Friday before X-mas like it has been the last 4-5 years.

I hope Frisco makes for a good host. By moving the date, more fans should be able to make plans to attend as there will be approx. 2 weeks after the semi-final round before the title game.

CaBisonFan
02-27-2010, 01:14 AM
This move sucks!
Not that the Bison are getting there anytime soon, but when they do, its time to get the frack out of FCS and move up to FBS.

Sooner the better. The FCS is a strange compromise between the FBS and DII. We need to get our flagship program on a par with the other sports.

SDbison
02-27-2010, 02:58 AM
Actually the capacity of this stadium is about equal to that of Finley Stadium in Chatty and I think has room to grow. Chatty had the central location for FCS teams as there were about as many schools playing FCS football east of there as there was west of there---same goes pretty much as north and south.

The big news is the title game will be Jan. 7, which at least personally is much better than the Friday before X-mas like it has been the last 4-5 years.

I hope Frisco makes for a good host. By moving the date, more fans should be able to make plans to attend as there will be approx. 2 weeks after the semi-final round before the title game.
The field in Chattanooga looks much much more like a college stadium than that dump in Texas.........
http://www.gomocs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17700&ATCLID=1097276

EmeraldCityBison
02-27-2010, 03:34 AM
This move sucks!

I hope that FCS is/can be on equal ground with MLS. At least in Seattle. It's crazy here.

I like the move. I have family in the area so I might just pick up tickets to the game and hope the Bison meet me there.

tjbison
02-27-2010, 06:50 AM
2 threads on the same topic that we won't have to worry about for awhile:hide:

combine them??????

unbison
02-27-2010, 11:43 AM
The field in Chattanooga looks much much more like a college stadium than that dump in Texas.........
http://www.gomocs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17700&ATCLID=1097276

do you do anything but fricking complain?
you need some fun pills

westnodak93bison
02-27-2010, 02:21 PM
SDbison should change his screen name to Mr. Positive

BisonNeil
02-27-2010, 02:33 PM

I must be missing something. This story doesn't say that the championship game is going to be moved, it only says that Frisco put in a competing bid. The decision will be announced on Tuesday. It also sounds like there is a scheduling conflict at Frisco for this years game as it is currently scheduled.

However, this story does indicate that the game is moving, as well as the date.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/newstest.aspx?id=4293064

DjKyRo
02-27-2010, 02:35 PM
If they're doing it in Texas, they might as well do it in the basically-still-new Cowboys Stadium.

Consider. Average attendance at the FFD is around 16k this year. We brought 30,000 to Minneapolis for the U of M game. By using EXTRAPOLATION*! it follows that the farther we get from Fargo for a big game, the greater attendance we will get among Bison faithful.

Ergo, 100,000 Bison fans to the new Cowboys stadium. Discuss.

* -
http://peterthomas.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/extrapolating.jpg

X-Factor
02-27-2010, 04:07 PM
If they're doing it in Texas, they might as well do it in the basically-still-new Cowboys Stadium.

Consider. Average attendance at the FFD is around 16k this year. We brought 30,000 to Minneapolis for the U of M game. By using EXTRAPOLATION*! it follows that the farther we get from Fargo for a big game, the greater attendance we will get among Bison faithful.

* -

DJ, I can only assume a family member taught you this and has a statistics degree from UND :D

SDbison
02-27-2010, 04:13 PM
do you do anything but fricking complain?
you need some fun pills
Just pointing out facts Mr know it all.
BTW, how them goofers doing at basketball......are they even good enough for the NIT?

BisoninNWMN
02-27-2010, 04:29 PM
Just pointing out facts Mr know it all.
BTW, how them goofers doing at basketball......are they even good enough for the NIT?

unbison is a closet goopher BB fan......sad......

Facts
03-01-2010, 01:07 AM
Frisco is 413 miles from my house. 6 1/2 hour drive. If the Bison ever make it to the big game people can stay here on the way down.

Dibs on your couch! :nod:

Hammerhead
03-01-2010, 04:24 PM
I'm guessing they don't sell Domino's Pizza by the slice at Pizza Hut Park.

I'd rather go to a game in Dallas assuming the Bison ever get good enough. My in-laws live about 8 hours south of Dallas (any further and they'd be in Mexico.)

MNLonghorn10
03-01-2010, 05:59 PM
people complaining about a change to dallas texas? id much rather go there than chattanooga.

DjKyRo
03-01-2010, 06:09 PM
people complaining about a change to dallas texas? id much rather go there than chattanooga.

Hell of a lot warmer in the championship season.

bisonmike2
03-01-2010, 07:12 PM

* -

I'd hate to burst you bubble in what seemingly is a rock solid theory but didn't we only bring about 5K to Iowa State and that's further south than Minneapolis. So it's appears that our attendance figures peak about 200 miles south of Fargo then drop off from there. So in other words, if we ever made it to the championship game we would probably bring a negative number of fans.

http://www.starkeith.net/coredump/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/divide-by-zero.gif

EndZoneQB
03-01-2010, 07:45 PM

Plus, we can party with Dward.

56BISON73
03-01-2010, 09:46 PM
Dibs on your couch! :nod:

Your reservation is duely noted.

onbison09
03-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Hell of a lot warmer in the championship season.

Also a lot of hot women.

DjKyRo
03-02-2010, 01:18 AM
Also a lot of hot women.

Well, I'm sold.

onbison09
03-02-2010, 02:40 AM
Well, I'm sold.

Ask anyone who's been down here :nod: :nod:

EndZoneQB
03-02-2010, 03:40 AM
Also a lot of hot women.

That's an understatement. Unfortunately, Dallas is kind of douche-central in Texas tho...

Tatanka
03-02-2010, 01:27 PM
Suddenly, this thread has become useless without photographic evidence. :hide:

onbison09
03-02-2010, 01:44 PM
That's an understatement. Unfortunately, Dallas is kind of douche-central in Texas tho...

Kinda depends on where you're at but yeah it can be. Where are you from?

EndZoneQB
03-02-2010, 02:49 PM
Kinda depends on where you're at but yeah it can be. Where are you from?

I guess I was referring to Uptown/McKinney Ave...

I'm from good ole Minnesota unfortunately.

Suddenly, this thread has become useless without photographic evidence. :hide:

Here, this is only picture I could easily find, nothing special, but not bad. This is a buddy of ours in Dallas @ Lee Harvey's the night before the OU game.

http://hphotos-snc1.fbcdn.net/hs217.snc1/8421_992881021390_7951415_56284573_5409975_n.jpg

onbison09
03-02-2010, 04:43 PM
Well this is one of my favorite restaurants http://www.tprestaurants.com/#/locations/restaurant

cyborgg
03-02-2010, 07:18 PM
I don't understand this at all. Aren't all the top 25 FCS teams in the east, midwest or west? Why would you put the championship in the one area of the country with no good FCS teams?

Tatanka
03-02-2010, 07:22 PM
I don't understand this at all. Aren't all the top 25 FCS teams in the east, midwest or west? Why would you put the championship in the one area of the country with no good FCS teams?

Because it's warm.

cyborgg
03-02-2010, 07:31 PM
Because it's warm.

North Dallas is no Miami. California, Atlanta or Charlotte are closer to FCS fans and just as warm.

SDbison
03-02-2010, 08:20 PM
North Dallas is no Miami. California, Atlanta or Charlotte are closer to FCS fans and just as warm.
cyborgg, don't bring any facts into this discussion......remember, there are a few regular posters here at Bisonville that are elated to have the FCS championship game move to Texas.......either they live in the region or love a sports team from Texas.

Tatanka
03-02-2010, 08:54 PM

True. But North Dallas Forty is a movie.

Seriously though you have a good point. I'm guessing someone with a fancy new stadium to fill ponied up some serious moolah to lure the game from Chatty. NCAA is all about the ching ching; fan convenience when it occurs is incidental.

Bisonguy
03-02-2010, 09:48 PM

Seriously though you have a good point. I'm guessing someone with a fancy new stadium to fill ponied up some serious moolah to lure the game from Chatty. NCAA is all about the ching ching; fan convenience when it occurs is incidental.

Chea, and "Texas is the reason that the president's dead."

onbison09
03-02-2010, 09:48 PM

Yeah he's right. We can get ice storms or even snow then. Really hoping that doesn't happen or the roads will be a huge cluster-you know what. I think someone on AGS said Frisco's average temp on January 7 is like 5 degrees warmer than Chatty. Here's something I found on the weather for that date http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KADS/2010/1/7/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA The average high is 54, the average low is 38.

onbison09
03-02-2010, 09:51 PM

Yeah that's what the word is on AGS. The Southland also poured a lot of money into it according to TexasTerror. As far as fan connivence I don't see travel being a problem. I don't know this off the top of my head but I would guess DFW International and Love Field have more flights everyday than Chatty. We'll see how it goes I guess. I'm just pumped to be within 25 minutes of it.

Mr. Burgundy
03-02-2010, 11:11 PM
Dallas or Chatty? Please. Dallas would be great.

sambini
03-02-2010, 11:19 PM
Dallas over Chatty++++

EndZoneQB
03-02-2010, 11:29 PM
Well this is one of my favorite restaurants http://www.tprestaurants.com/#/locations/restaurant

Looks interesting. Have you ever been to Lee Harvey's?

onbison09
03-03-2010, 01:26 AM
Looks interesting. Have you ever been to Lee Harvey's?

Nope. I really hope Frisco can pull off a good game.

Twentysix
03-05-2010, 02:07 AM
The move seems great to me. Its extremely more convient for me and most bison fans i know because, by a vast majority the people i know that would attened the FCS NC wearing bison colors have relatives friends etc in texas and around dallas. Whereas i dont know a single person (IRL) that has friends or relatives around Northern Georgia.

It also seems like a great recruiting tool to have a NC (assuming we make one) in Texas. Not to mention its a straight shot down I-29.