PDA

View Full Version : Still recruiting ND

4mcruenomore
02-25-2010, 05:08 AM
Heard of a recruiter at the Beach vs. Killdeer Regional game lastnight. Thought that was interesting, guess we haven't given up on ND.

Elephants Dream?
02-26-2010, 05:08 AM
Looking two states farther south, too.

DORMIE
03-24-2010, 05:27 PM
Speaking of North Dakota recruiting. Does anyone know anything about Kelsey Peltier from Bottineau that is coming. She didn't make any all-star teams that I observed. We lose 3 guards, can she play at this level?

Bison Dan
03-24-2010, 06:37 PM
Speaking of North Dakota recruiting. Does anyone know anything about Kelsey Peltier from Bottineau that is coming. She didn't make any all-star teams that I observed. We lose 3 guards, can she play at this level?

I doubt that there are any women players from ND this year that are DI.

DORMIE
03-24-2010, 08:48 PM
Well, UND has 3 of them coming in..Seri Burck, South, Madi Buck, Century and Emily Evers, GFRR. They also have #18 in Minn,6-1 Megan Lauck of Mounds View. SDSU has 3 top Minnesota recruits. #3-,6-2 Megan Waytashek of Centennial, #11-, 6-0 Hanna Strop of New Prague and #24-, 5-8 Gabrielle Boever of Worthington, younger sister of Maria Boever. Miki Stevenson is listed at #34.

IronRanger
03-25-2010, 12:39 AM
Well, UND has 3 of them coming in..Seri Burck, South, Madi Buck, Century and Emily Evers, GFRR. They also have #18 in Minn,6-1 Megan Lauck of Mounds View. SDSU has 3 top Minnesota recruits. #3-,6-2 Megan Waytashek of Centennial, #11-, 6-0 Hanna Strop of New Prague and #24-, 5-8 Gabrielle Boever of Worthington, younger sister of Maria Boever. Miki Stevenson is listed at #34.

I know that SU was looking at recruiting Burck from south to play here. THen after the summer SU pulled their scholly for her and said that she could walk on if she wanted to.

JacksFan06
03-25-2010, 01:36 AM

SDSU's Waytashek is ranked something like #89 in the country.

SDHoopsfromSDSUFan
03-25-2010, 07:23 AM
I doubt that there are any women players from ND this year that are DI.

It's interesting that Kelsey Peltier made the McDonald's All-American Nominee list (which I believe is chosen by someone in the media?), yet wasn't part of the Class "B" all-state team, nor a Miss Basketball finalist. I think she can at least develop into a good role player by her senior year. DeHoff has this to say about Peltier recently:

DeHoff, who came from the University of Utah, said she's becoming more familiar with the talent in the region. Assistant coaches Jaime Berry and Kelly Roysland both have ties to the region and have been instrumental in recruiting the region.

"When the position came open, that's what excited me the most was the success (NDSU) had here with regional kids," DeHoff said. "Women's basketball is very regional. That has a lot to do with NDSU's traditions in terms of recruitment."

DeHoff will bring in her first North Dakota recruit, Kelsey Peltier of Bottineau, next season.

"She comes from an athletic family and comes from a very good high school program," DeHoff said. "She's a great shooter and has very good ball skills. I believe her best basketball is ahead of her."

Source: Bismarck Tribune "NDSU Caravan stops in Bismarck"
http://www.bismarcktribune.com/sports/college/article_9be21f18-37be-11df-998e-001cc4c002e0.html

Bison Dan
03-25-2010, 12:27 PM

Think about it - und has 3 south girls now on the team - does anyone really think they are legit DI players? Robuck is a lazy recruiter than doesn't like to venture out of the tri-state area.

Grizzled
03-25-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm no expert in recruiting like Dan is. I know even less about UND girls basketball and who or where they recruit.

I do know though that the girls from South are pretty good players, they would play on teams in Minnesota and if they where from there than in Dan's eyes they would be much better. Its the same old arguement we have about North Dakota kids in every sport. Are you going to build a competitive team with all ND players? I don't think so but if you did I think girls bball would be the sport. I do know that girls from ND and the tristate area have held their own with girls from everywhere during the summer so I do think if you get the right mix of them you could have a pretty good girls basketball team. SDSU does and I'm pretty sure they have mainly SD girls on their team.

RedRiver
03-25-2010, 03:49 PM
Big difference between SD & ND for high talent in women's basketball.

jarhead
03-25-2010, 05:08 PM
The Jackrabbits roster has 5 girls from Mn and 9 from S. D.

Elephants Dream?
03-25-2010, 05:23 PM
I agree with Red River, MN and SD are well ahead of ND in talent.
ND may have 1-3 D1 caliber players a year?
-
I'm interested in how well the 3 that Roebuck has coming in turn out.
It's tough to recruit during transition. Most coaches don't survive
the five years. Will Roebuck be the coach when they are thru transition?
Can they win with mainly ND girls after the transition?
Can the Bison get better with their recruits? Can they get better recruits?
It'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

ndsubison1
03-26-2010, 05:01 AM
The Jackrabbits roster has 5 girls from Mn and 9 from S. D.

Yeah San Diego is a recruiting hot bed ;)

DjKyRo
03-26-2010, 08:20 AM
Having seen the ND's championship squad (Century) play numerous times this year...uh, well maybe looking at MN isn't such a bad idea. :hide: :o

4mcruenomore
03-30-2010, 02:15 AM
Having seen the ND's championship squad (Century) play numerous times this year...uh, well maybe looking at MN isn't such a bad idea. :hide: :o

Unfortunately, I'd have to agree.

tjbison
03-30-2010, 02:18 AM

Unfortunately, I'd have to agree.

Yeah me too, sports are not pushed as hard anymore and its showing. The girls State BBall tourney A and B have gotten painful to watch:hide:

4mcruenomore
03-30-2010, 02:27 AM
I think the girl the NDSU recruiters were watching at the regional out here signed with DSU, ugh, what does that tell you. Although, I'm glad they came out here and had a look, I'd be disappointed if they didn't look at EVERY possible recruit.

bisoneer
04-03-2010, 03:57 PM
Roebuck doesnt stand a chance in the Summit if he can get out and recruit from beyond the tristate area.

MHDBisonfan
04-03-2010, 11:38 PM
Roebuck doesnt stand a chance in the Summit if he can get out and recruit from beyond the tristate area.

Did you mean "can't" get out? If it is I disagree, I don't think you need to go very far away to get very good players.

I think the rabbits have made it work pretty well - every player on their roster is from sd or mn and they have been dominant and have been ranked nationally in the top 25 with primarily local players. but you MUST get the top players - the 2nd tier won't do. every miss baksetbal, player of the year, etc from ND needs to sign, and you have to steal some top players from mn and sd.

The Bison wanted Roehrich from South, but dropped the ball on both her and Siri Burck from South. Those 2 are very good friends and I'd say were almost a package deal. Siri wanted to go to NDSU and wanted to pursue a pharmacy degree - so how do you let a Fargo kid who likes NDSU and wants to major in pharmacy slip away? Seeing Siri in green and gold would have definitely had a weighing factor in where Meghan decided to go. NDSU's reason for not offering Roehrich - the Gatorade POY and 1st team all-stater, class A's leading scorer - all as a junior btw - was they didn't think anyone would offer her before her junior year. Ugh.

How about getting players like the Kielpinski sisters and not letting them go off to Alaska and New Mexico? I realize that was before this coaching staff was in place, but my point is you have to get the BEST nd players to come and play for their home state schools. Jaime Berry and Kelly Roysland need to continue to use their name recognition to get (at least some) of the top SD and MN players here, and to be honest, they have hit mn pretty hard - there is definitely a mn flavor to the team right now and i think the young players they have are going to be very good - it would just be nice to have ND's best players wearing the green and gold, not that hideous green and white.

DIBISON
04-04-2010, 05:00 AM
Today's recruits in MN & SD are alot better than in ND. The Bison staff will soon get the legit DI recruits in the state because it is a process of following these players for years before a scholarship is offered. The new Bison staff just got going two years agos.