PDA

View Full Version : "No" for the sue, BOO HOO

cbline
02-24-2010, 02:58 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/270093

"The University of North Dakota will not be able to get into The Summit League athletic conference’s 2011-2012 schedule, President Robert Kelley said Tuesday."

"Now that it’s clearly too late for 2011-2012, that doesn’t necessarily mean UND can just wait around until the Nov. 30 deadline, according to Kelley. Other universities want to join The Summit League, too, and it’s not clear the league would want to expand beyond adding one more member, he said."

Bison"FANatic"
02-24-2010, 03:20 PM
At this time this is the best thing that could happen. Let the Nickname thing run its course, let them decide what they are going to do with it. Otherwise if they succeed in pushing dropping the nickname through just to get into the Summit league all we will hear from now till the end of time is that "It is the Summit leagues fault we lost our nickname".

Let UND get its business and house in order with the NCAA then take a look at their application. This is a UND vs. NCAA fight not a UND appeasing the Summit fight.

If someone (UND) was having a fight with your(Summit) boss (NCAA) would you hire that someone to have a position under you before the fight with your boss was over? Not if you wanted to stay in good standing with the boss.

tjbison
02-24-2010, 05:41 PM
from the inforum comments:

Is the Summit League really that good? UND would instantly have the best facilities in the conference in it's first year and most Division 1 national titles. The title reads correctly David S, "Summit League will have to wait another year for UND"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: this Dipsh!t couldn't even name a team other thatn NDSU and SDSU in the Conference

tjbison
02-24-2010, 05:46 PM
and another from the Bismarck Tribune:

No idea way UND would want to be in such a league anyway. The summit league is like the armpit of division 1 in NCAA. The only sport that makes UND money anyway is there hockey which would not even be apart of the summit league as hockey has their own leagues. Personally I think that UND should try for another league.... Why play NDSU and SDSU in league and ruin the rivalry by over playing them when you get to schedule so many non league games? I know they want to keep travel close (The Summit league is all over) but maybe they should try and gain acceptance for the Horizon League which all teams are in the vicinity of each other. They make it sound like UND has to be in the Summit league and the do not!

this one is even funnier the HORIZON LOL, notice the awesome spelling

Bison Dan
02-24-2010, 06:02 PM
from the inforum comments:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: this Dipsh!t couldn't even name a team other thatn NDSU and SDSU in the Conference

What facilities would those be? They don't control any - hockey they rent, bb they rent, vb they rent - fb they rent - baseball they share a bad legion field. They have crappy coaches offices.

heckler
02-24-2010, 06:03 PM
und's sucking cup runneth over

aces1180
02-24-2010, 06:30 PM
What facilities would those be? They don't control any - hockey they rent, bb they rent, vb they rent - fb they rent - baseball they share a bad legion field. They have crappy coaches offices.

IMO, its a good Legion field, but a crappy college field! ;)

bisonmike2
02-24-2010, 07:11 PM

He's got a point. Why don't they just join the Horizon league anyway. Better yet, just join Big 10. They already play Big 10 teams in hockey so it should be easy for them.

/seriously I wish I could punch people through my computer.

tony
02-24-2010, 07:35 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2784/4385802976_7dc025648e.jpg

UND could still be admitted to the Summit - they just won't be on the schedule for another extra year.

TheBisonator
02-24-2010, 07:47 PM

UND could still be admitted to the Summit - they just won't be on the schedule for another extra year.

Tony, you got repped.:D

DjKyRo
02-24-2010, 07:58 PM
He's got a point. Why don't they just join the Horizon league anyway. Better yet, just join Big 10. They already play Big 10 teams in hockey so it should be easy for them.

/seriously I wish I could punch people through my computer.

No doubt. They might want to take a long hard look at that 8-18 in a transition league before they get too high and mighty.

P.S. - the Tribune's website gets bonus points for a disclaimer that says "Remember - Don't Feed the Trolls"

cbline
02-24-2010, 08:38 PM

This is THE post of the day! Repping is not enough for material such as this!! I stand in awe.

DjKyRo
02-25-2010, 02:37 AM
Seriously, some of the Sue posters are just hilarious. "We're too good for this bottom-feeder league."

Win a few games and try again, kids. Shoot, I'd almost take Southern Utah over UNDies. Right now I'd definitely take WIU.

bisonmike2
02-25-2010, 03:48 AM
Seriously, some of the Sue posters are just hilarious. "We're too good for this bottom-feeder league."

Win a few games and try again, kids. Shoot, I'd almost take Southern Utah over UNDies. Right now I'd definitely take WIU.

I would wager that they have some fans that are thinking, "shiate, NDSU won the league and alls they got was a 12 seed. we'll just win most of our games with a superior independent schedule and the NCAA will have to accept us as a higher seed! They have too! We're UND! We have hockey!"

ndsubison1
02-25-2010, 07:30 AM

Why play NDSU and SDSU in league and ruin the rivalry by over playing them when you get to schedule so many non league games?

What does this even mean? lmao

ndsubison1
02-25-2010, 07:33 AM
I would wager that they have some fans that are thinking, "shiate, NDSU won the league and alls they got was a 14 seed. we'll just win most of our games with a superior independent schedule and the NCAA will have to accept us as a higher seed! They have too! We're UND! We have hockey!"

:hide: :hide:

They're right, they should just stay in the Great Worst Conference. Much better than the Summit League. No bid is better than a bid. Having an independent schedule is better than a conference schedule

DjKyRo
02-25-2010, 08:20 AM

They're right, they should just stay in the Great Worst Conference. Much better than the Summit League. No bid is better than a bid. Having an independent schedule is better than a conference schedule

And have fun playing a schedule analogous to that of Notre Dame in football: more or less schedule Oakland's 09-10 OOC schedule twice and see what's left to scrape off the court come tournament time. :nod:

missingnumber7
02-25-2010, 01:25 PM
I would wager that they have some fans that are thinking, "shiate, NDSU won the league and alls they got was a 12 seed. we'll just win most of our games with a superior independent schedule and the NCAA will have to accept us as a higher seed! They have too! We're UND! We have hockey!"

LMAO, They have been saying that since the beginning. They have fans thinkging they were already D1 because of the Hockey team. What they will fail to understand is that if the B10 goes to a Hockey conference the Sue are done, and then they have no connections, plus without NDSU they don't have a close travel partner for any other conference to consider.

Enjoy Grand Forks.

bisonmike2
02-25-2010, 03:14 PM

whoops, my bad. In another year I will have convinced myself that we did in fact beat Kansas.

Notorious
02-25-2010, 05:38 PM
Not trying to be the grammar police, but please don't capitalize "und".

bisonmike2
02-25-2010, 09:30 PM
Not trying to be the grammar police, but please don't capitalize "und".

even when we need to use cap lock rage?

"F**KING UND!!!!"

/I'm asking on behalf of lakes

tony
02-25-2010, 10:52 PM
I think UND deserves an umlaut - üND.

IzzyFlexion
02-25-2010, 11:55 PM
I think UND deserves an umlaut - üND.

Considering that there have been over 354,000 posts on Bisonville I think that it's safe to say that this is the first appearance of the word "umlaut".
I applaud and rep you based soley on that.

Notorious
02-26-2010, 12:21 AM
Considering that there have been over 354,000 posts on Bisonville I think that it's safe to say that this is the first appearance of the word "umlaut".
I applaud and rep you based soley on that.

I personally believe umlaut should have an umlaut.

Facts
02-26-2010, 02:42 AM
umlaut's !!! this is a really good thread. Very deep. ;)

Bisonville's got a deep lineup. :nod:

Facts
02-26-2010, 02:51 AM

Uh, didn't Chuck Norris go to UND too?

TbonZach
02-26-2010, 03:09 AM
Uh, didn't Chuck Norris go to UND too?

You've got it backwards.

ünd went to Chuck Norris.

Facts
02-26-2010, 04:04 AM
You've got it backwards.

ünd went to Chuck Norris.

reps dude, reps.

BlueBisonRock
02-26-2010, 04:42 AM
I personally believe umlaut should have an umlaut.

ümlaüt. Wasn't sure which u you wanted ümlaüted. :D

Mr. Burgundy
02-26-2010, 12:21 PM
UND lost tonight 71-61, and now has the dubious distinction of having lost two games this year to a team which, at the time, had an RPI of 347--the worst in dI (Houston Baptist being the other loss).

unbison
02-26-2010, 12:29 PM
UND lost tonight 71-61, and now has the dubious distinction of having lost two games this year to a team which, at the time, had an RPI of 347--the worst in dI (Houston Baptist being the other loss).

someone woke up with a hate for the suesie

Notorious
02-26-2010, 12:43 PM

...but, by playing up a couple divisions, we should expect these types of losses. Give them credit for scheduling the "big boys". What other NAIA teams are doing it?

DjKyRo
02-26-2010, 03:50 PM
...but, by playing up a couple divisions, we should expect these types of losses. Give them credit for scheduling the "big boys". What other NAIA teams are doing it?

Win, sir. Win. :nod:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3057/2367515373_515ff7a325.jpg

ndsubison1
02-27-2010, 11:00 AM
But they beat UVU and we lost to them...

tjbison
02-27-2010, 01:48 PM
But they beat UVU and we lost to them...

We have more talent for BBall in our coaching staf then they have in the entire schools, so who cares about them

DjKyRo
02-27-2010, 02:23 PM
We have more talent for BBall in our coaching staf then they have in the entire schools, so who cares about them

Heck, I could probably out-play UND's squad, and I play the tuba. You figure it out.

sambini
02-27-2010, 10:16 PM
All I can say is my oh my... They do have the Red Pepper...