PDA

View Full Version : your 2009 attendance total sheet.

MNLonghorn10
02-23-2010, 06:51 PM
http://web1.ncaa.org/web_files/stats/football_records/Attendance/2009.pdf

NDSU ranked 9th out of all FCS(1st in MVFC) at 16,500 per game. very good.

SDSU ranked 16th BUT also was 16th in increased attendance, in 3,359 total.

local notables.

concordia moorhead finished 6th in d3 at 4,000 per game

minn. st. moorhead had a pretty bad year. 8,000 total, 1,600 per game

couldnt find the sioux under fcs or d2

minnesota 50,800 per game.

GOB1SON
02-23-2010, 06:54 PM

local notables.

Down on the bottom under reclassifying.

8,539 per.

TheBisonator
02-23-2010, 07:28 PM
The fact that we can get 16.5K per game for a 3-8 team makes me happy happy happy. Just think if we were able to go into playoff eligibility riding the momentum of the 20-2 stretch (instead of sucking out), we'd be bribing the fire marshal every week!!

I'm hoping for at LEAST a 6-5 season next year and 17,000-plus per game.

TheBisonator
02-23-2010, 07:31 PM
BTW, last year, MSU-Moorhead had an attendance for their game against Mary of 271 people. There's more people in the IACC during the noontime computer rush on a school day.

tony
02-23-2010, 07:36 PM
BTW, last year, MSU-Moorhead had an attendance for their game against Mary of 271 people. There's more people in the IACC during the noontime computer rush on a school day.

Well, we know where and when to move games if it gets that bad.

BTW, the IACC came after I got my degree - do people spell out IACC when talking about it or do they call it the Eye-Ack or something?

GradBison
02-23-2010, 07:39 PM

BTW, the IACC came after I got my degree - do people spell out IACC when talking about it or do they call it the Eye-Ack or something?

Eye-Ack. Nice building, horrible elevators.

Bisonfan1
02-23-2010, 07:41 PM
The fact that we can get 16.5K per game for a 3-8 team makes me happy happy happy. Just think if we were able to go into playoff eligibility riding the momentum of the 20-2 stretch (instead of sucking out), we'd be bribing the fire marshal every week!!

You may be hoping for a 6-5 season, but I am hoping for much better than that, and I think it will happen this year. That is pretty decent numbers, thank god someone had the vision for organized tailgating and marketing or those numbers would be much lower.

ndsubison1
02-23-2010, 08:00 PM
I can see us with a 7-4 or 8-3 season. people will start coming back and the students will start b!tching again because there arent enough seats for them

Bisonguy
02-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Eye-Ack. Nice building, horrible elevators.

Weird. When I was going to school everyone in the Eye-Triple-Eee pronounced it Eye-Eh-Cee-Cee.

GradBison
02-23-2010, 09:03 PM
Weird. When I was going to school everyone in the Eye-Triple-Eee pronounced it Eye-Eh-Cee-Cee.

Hmm... For me, it's been Eye-Ack since I started grad school in Comp Sci in 1998. Pretty sure that's what the kids are calling it now as well.

ndsubison1
02-23-2010, 09:33 PM
Yeah people still call it the eye ack

Bisonguy
02-23-2010, 09:48 PM
Hmm... For me, it's been Eye-Ack since I started grad school in Comp Sci in 1998. Pretty sure that's what the kids are calling it now as well.

It was a novelty when I was in school. Opened my sophomore or junior year.

It would be nice to see 16,500 butts in seats this season.

bisonmike2
02-23-2010, 09:56 PM

We always called it the Eye-Ack. I also referred to it as "The place I should go and work on the project that's due next week. Ah f*ck it I'll go to the Turf instead." or TPISGAWOTPTDNW:AFIIGTTTI for short.

A typical night as an undergrad

"I'm off to the eye-ack, bee-yotch!"
***gets to IACC and see's the place full***
"Hey lets go to the Turf instead!"

TheBisonator
02-23-2010, 10:01 PM
We always called it the Eye-Ack. I also referred to it as "The place I should go and work on the project that's due next week. Ah f*ck it I'll go to the Turf instead." or TPISGAWOTPTDNW:AFIIGTTTI for short.

Currently at the IACC procrastinating on an online class where I have about 3 weeks worth of overdue work I still haven't done. That's OK, all I need is a D in that class and I graduate...

Hammersmith
02-24-2010, 12:52 AM

What's amazing to me is that most of those games were near-sellouts in the technical sense. Meaning that most of the tickets were sold. There are about 15k available tickets to be sold for each game. If you've got an announced attendance of 15.5k and a nearly empty student section, it means that almost every sellable ticket has been sold. There may not be a butt in that seat, but at least the athletic department got most of the revenue(short the loss of the concession and parking money that NDSU gets).

Oh, and Eye-Ack. '94-'02

GOB1SON
02-24-2010, 01:15 AM
I am still looking for a way to get the stands full. I know last year it wasn't a big problem, but prior to that, too many people couldn't get a ticket and then we'd go to the game and there would be 2000 empty seats cause season ticket holders were harvesting beets or hunting deer and their tickets were still in their sock drawer.

Two thousand no shows at Ben Hill Griffin and nobody notices. Two thousand no shows at FFD and it looks like crap.

Just a thought I had. This is something we can work on as Teammakers.

02Bison
02-24-2010, 01:18 AM
I am still looking for a way to get the stands full. I know last year it wasn't a big problem, but prior to that, too many people couldn't get a ticket and then we'd go to the game and there would be 2000 empty seats cause season ticket holders were harvesting beets or hunting deer and their tickets were still in their sock drawer.

Two thousand no shows at Ben Hill Griffin and nobody notices. Two thousand no shows at FFD and it looks like crap.

Ticket exchange...

TransAmBison
02-24-2010, 05:52 PM
It was a novelty when I was in school. Opened my sophomore or junior year.

It would be nice to see 16,500 butts in seats this season.
Eye ack for me. Bisonguy, I don't think you could ever get 16,500 butts in the eye ack no matter how skinny the little computer nerds are. Free beer and hot cheerleaders might get you a few thousand, but after that the urinals would overflow.

On a side note, the sleeping quarters under the tables on the upstairs balcony type area were modest, but you could actually sleep off a good night's drunkfest quite nicely. :blush:

cbline
02-24-2010, 06:23 PM

OK, I'll show my age. Back in MY day, it was called "Nick's Place" before it was called the Turf. They had great onion rings. Have not been back in years. What's good on the menu now?

TransAmBison
02-24-2010, 06:26 PM
OK, I'll show my age. Back in MY day, it was called "Nick's Place" before it was called the Turf. They had great onion rings. Have not been back in years. What's good on the menu now?
Turfburger, seasoned fries and cheese balls. Mmmmmmmm turfburger....ahhhhh seasoned fries, mmmmm cheese balls. Oh yeah, that's the stuff.

56BISON73
02-24-2010, 06:32 PM

In my day there was no Nicks Place. At least that I can remember.

TransAmBison
02-24-2010, 06:37 PM
In my day there was no Nicks Place. At least that I can remember.
I bet those T-Rex burgers were awesome fresh.:D

56BISON73
02-24-2010, 06:40 PM
I bet those T-Rex burgers were awesome fresh.:D

We ate them rare as fire had yet to be harnessed. Only feared.:nod: UGG

4mcruenomore
02-25-2010, 03:02 AM
Eye-Ack. I remember when the WWW. was finally available to every student, but only at that building. Not very many good computers then either, 1994.

NDSU_grad
02-25-2010, 07:18 PM
Eye-ack. 1992-1997; 1999-2001.

aces1180
02-25-2010, 09:19 PM
Eye-Ack, Nut-Sac, 1998-2005.

80ALUM
02-26-2010, 01:55 AM

The guy who has season tickets next to us lets the ticket office know when he can't make it due to harvest so they can resell his tickets. We need more to do this when they can't attend.

HerdBot
02-27-2010, 07:56 AM

local notables.

The Missouri Valley Football Conference ranked #3 and out drew the Big Sky.

tjbison
02-27-2010, 01:56 PM
The Missouri Valley Football Conference ranked #3 and out drew the Big Sky.

But the Fluffy is a MUCH better conference according some nomads roaming the North Country