PDA

View Full Version : Nate Zastrow

NDSUstudent
02-14-2010, 03:12 AM
How about that true freshmen pg!!!!

20 points, 6-11 FG%, 5-8 3pt %, 3 assists, and just 1 TO

TheBisonator
02-14-2010, 03:20 AM
If he gets better on his inside drive to the basket, he will be Woodside The Second.

Mr. Burgundy
02-14-2010, 03:22 AM
In a perfect world, Nate would have taken a redshirt. He is going to really add strenght over the years. He is playing really well. Still can't believe how those Freshman can go to the line like they are seniors. Shows a bright future at the PG spot for both schools.

tony
02-14-2010, 03:32 AM
Don't know if you heard Saul's postgame interview but he said that Nate was motivated, although he would never admit it, by "his hometown's paper" giving more ink to SDSU's point guard than him.

RowdyRabbit
02-14-2010, 04:06 AM
Certainly Zastrow killed us tonight.

He did something tonight that I've wanted to see someone do for a long time...something I've always said a fouled out player should do. And it, more than all the points he scored, doomed the Jackrabbits.

In first OT I believe? Zastrow gets his 5th foul, Sargent goes to the line....dumbass students chanting "left, right, left, right, left right...."

Zastrow , and a HUGE kudos to him from me (I just wish it didn't happen to the Jacks).....waits until Sargent is delivering his first free throw.....DUMBASS students, more concerned with what's going on on the Bison bench then what's happening on the free throw line, yelll SIT DOWN right as Sargent releases....Sargent misses...ballgame (in my eyes).

:banghead:

tjbison
02-14-2010, 07:02 AM
Certainly Zastrow killed us tonight.

He did something tonight that I've wanted to see someone do for a long time...something I've always said a fouled out player should do. And it, more than all the points he scored, doomed the Jackrabbits.

In first OT I believe? Zastrow gets his 5th foul, Sargent goes to the line....dumbass students chanting "left, right, left, right, left right...."

Zastrow , and a HUGE kudos to him from me (I just wish it didn't happen to the Jacks).....waits until Sargent is delivering his first free throw.....DUMBASS students, more concerned with what's going on on the Bison bench then what's happening on the free throw line, yelll SIT DOWN right as Sargent releases....Sargent misses...ballgame (in my eyes).

:banghead:

SDSU Students FAIL!!! trying to be like NDSU and get into the heads of our guys!!! lol messed up their own!! thats funny shit right there:D :D

Herd
02-14-2010, 05:38 PM
Went to Brookings last night and this guy really impressed me. I've been watching on the net all year, and he was just more aggressive and confident last night than what I had seen.

I like the expression that he showed on his 5th foul to the ref after his phantom foul, then the way he used the student section. Outstanding!

Any by the way, the reffing was inconsistent, yes. but the Jacks had fewer fouls than the bison and shot 15 more ft's.

Tatanka
02-14-2010, 06:59 PM
Went to Brookings last night and this guy really impressed me. I've been watching on the net all year, and he was just more aggressive and confident last night than what I had seen.

I like the expression that he showed on his 5th foul to the ref after his phantom foul, then the way he used the student section. Outstanding!

Any by the way, the reffing was inconsistent, yes. but the Jacks had fewer fouls than the bison and shot 15 more ft's.

At one point in the second half the fouls were 8-1 NDSU had 8. Right about the same time that SDSU mounted their comeback. Just sayin'.

bisoneer
02-18-2010, 03:06 AM
Great game for Mr. Z, hope he can do this consistently in the future. Way to go HERD, you beat da wabbits on their turf in 2 OT's, that really puts the hurt in their guts for a while, yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jdubs21
02-22-2010, 12:18 AM
he's playin great right now...just wish he woulda redshirted...and easy on the "hes gonna be the next ben woodside comments" he has proven nothing yet, ben is the best player we have ever had in the history of NDSU mens bball show some respect and quit saying some freshman is him....now dont get me wrong zastrow is starting to emerge as a great player but lets give him a couple years b4 we put the woodside tag on him, i've seen alot of dumb mistakes and out of control plays by him that need to be changed b4 i ever consider him "woodside like"....do remember that woodside took down giant wisconsin as a freshman with his clutch freethrows and ball handling and controling the team....zastrow hasnt even came close to that this season

Tatanka
02-22-2010, 12:24 AM
he's playin great right now...just wish he woulda redshirted...and easy on the "hes gonna be the next ben woodside comments" he has proven nothing yet, ben is the best player we have ever had in the history of NDSU mens bball show some respect and quit saying some freshman is him....now dont get me wrong zastrow is starting to emerge as a great player but lets give him a couple years b4 we put the woodside tag on him, i've seen alot of dumb mistakes and out of control plays by him that need to be changed b4 i ever consider him "woodside like"....do remember that woodside took down giant wisconsin as a freshman with his clutch freethrows and ball handling and controling the team....zastrow hasnt even came close to that this season

To be fair, Woodside took down Wisconsin in his second year, albeit as a freshman by eligibility. Agree with you 100% though... Zastrow has a ways to go to be discussed in the same sentence as Woody. He is emerging as a solid talent but let's not overdo it.

unbison
02-22-2010, 01:54 AM
lets not tag him woodside ever.............lets tag him lil Z

TheDoctor
02-22-2010, 02:05 AM
lets not tag him woodside ever.............lets tag him lil Z

I've been calling him Little Z all season. For a tiny true freshman, he has played awsome of late. First it was hitting threes, now he is driving the lane. I love how he drains a huge three and then gets his feet set to play defense with zero emotion from the previous offensive score. He has a great "act like you've been there before" court presence. ;)

Bison"FANatic"
02-22-2010, 03:10 AM
Now if he can master that drive and "lil floater" over the top layup. He may be able to get it done down where the trees live and work.

unbison
02-26-2010, 03:19 PM
Now if he can master that drive and "lil floater" over the top layup. He may be able to get it done down where the trees live and work.
That may be..........however the pass inside to the trees on are teams works well ...........just does not seem to ever happen:banghead: