PDA

View Full Version : Glimpse into the future: 2012 Bison football

Swany
02-13-2010, 08:55 PM
We have a story for the March Illustrated on this year's recruiting class. However, March was too long for me to wait before providing some sort of "take" on the 2010 signing class.

In that spirit, and to tease the story a little bit --- and provide a lighter twist on where our country may be headed in 2012 --- see:

http://www.bisonillustrated.com/s.php?s=122

Enjoy! Quick preview:

The headline makes me smile: “TWICE AS NICE – BOHL’S BISON DOMINATE IN REPEAT.” The sub-headline sums up the victory against the University of Richmond: “Three-headed monster of Thorton, Crockett and Vraa squash Spiders.” For the second time in as many years Bison fans are celebrating in Chattanooga with a Division I FCS football championship.

Facts
02-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Is this heaven? ;)

cyborgg
02-13-2010, 09:06 PM
Is this heaven? ;)

No, it's Iowa. ;)

IzzyFlexion
02-13-2010, 10:30 PM
I thought that all Bison fans were supposed to live in the past.
I'm gonna have to re-read my copy of Bisonville for Dummies.

CaBisonFan
02-13-2010, 10:53 PM
I thought that all Bison fans were supposed to live in the past.
I'm gonna have to re-read my copy of Bisonville for Dummies.

Maybe this recruiting class, some of last year's, and upcoming groups can help us to stay in the 'present' more often. 2006 & 2007 gave us a lot to be happy about...and those teams deserved a playoff spot. Not to be. The NCAA had to make sure that we were able to compete...:cool:

I know, I know...academic progress, finances, etc, etc, etc, etc. We could have gotten the notes, skipped class, and aced the course.

IzzyFlexion
02-14-2010, 12:00 AM
Maybe this recruiting class, some of last year's, and upcoming groups can help us to stay in the 'present' more often. 2006 & 2007 gave us a lot to be happy about...and those teams deserved a playoff spot. Not to be. The NCAA had to make sure that we were able to compete...:cool:

I know, I know...academic progress, finances, etc, etc, etc, etc. We could have gotten the notes, skipped class, and aced the course.

Just for the record Ca, my post wasn't a dig against your love of Bison history. Based on your response, I don't think I riled you up but because you quoted me I wanted to make sure. I'm very appreciative of the videos that you've put together.
I certainly appreciate history more now that I'm old and crusty. Some days it feels like the only thing left.

Remember this you yunguns...........

Tired of lying in the sunshine
Staying home to watch the rain
And you are young and life is long
And there is time to kill today
And then one day you find
Ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run
You missed the starting gun

And you run, and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death - Pink Floyd, TIME, 1973

4mcruenomore
02-14-2010, 12:23 AM
I can't wait, sounds like it will be a whale of a game!

rockybison
02-14-2010, 07:52 PM
The future, the future. The lakes guy wants Mountain West or WAC. Come on. Think big. Colorado is leaving the Big 12 soon for the PAC 10(12 soon with Utah) There ya go. Cyclones (the red headed step child) can beat up you every year.

CaBisonFan
02-15-2010, 02:55 AM
Just for the record Ca, my post wasn't a dig against your love of Bison history. Based on your response, I don't think I riled you up but because you quoted me I wanted to make sure. I'm very appreciative of the videos that you've put together.
I certainly appreciate history more now that I'm old and crusty. Some days it feels like the only thing left.

Remember this you yunguns...........

Tired of lying in the sunshine
Staying home to watch the rain
And you are young and life is long
And there is time to kill today
And then one day you find
Ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run
You missed the starting gun

And you run, and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death - Pink Floyd, TIME, 1973

No offense taken. I know you Izzy. Just want people to know that I 'am' aware of the present & the future. I've become known as a historian...but I'm open to change. I just want to see a great caliber of football in Bison country...like everyone does. I don't care who's coaching, what the offense is, or what song is played when the team comes in. I want people to fear the Bison again.

Love that song.

SDbison
02-15-2010, 03:14 AM
We have a story for the March Illustrated on this year's recruiting class. However, March was too long for me to wait before providing some sort of "take" on the 2010 signing class.

In that spirit, and to tease the story a little bit --- and provide a lighter twist on where our country may be headed in 2012 --- see:

http://www.bisonillustrated.com/s.php?s=122

Enjoy! Quick preview:
Got it wrong on the QB though. Why did you choose Thorton as the QB in 2012. More likely will be Jensen.

WRSDBison
02-15-2010, 05:11 AM
Are we forfeitting 2010?

tjbison
02-15-2010, 05:32 PM
Are we forfeitting 2010?

and '11:hide:

EndZoneQB
02-15-2010, 05:41 PM

...He said we repeated...

Jdubs21
02-15-2010, 06:01 PM
sounds amazing....now lets just hope these kids pan out

WRSDBison
02-15-2010, 08:37 PM

That was my first thought too, but he said we repeat in 2012.

CaBisonFan
02-17-2010, 09:25 AM
Are we forfeitting 2010?

Fast Forward

RowdyRabbit
02-17-2010, 12:39 PM
...He said we repeated...

Just noticed EZQB's sig. :)

I imagine Bison football will be back to it's winning ways soon.

A1pigskin
02-19-2010, 12:37 AM
I just want to start winning.