PDA

View Full Version : Illinois upsets Wisconsin

heymch86
02-10-2010, 02:43 AM
They keep showing the highlights and saying this is the first unranked team to beat Bo Ryan at home in the Kohl Center. I figured they were talking about unranked Big 10 schools, but they just keep saying "first time ever".

They haven't forgot about us???????

NorthernBison
02-10-2010, 03:59 AM
It's the first unranked Big 10 team to beat WI at home under Ryan. They said that.

They pointed out that, prior to tonight, WI was like 103-1 at home against unranked teams overall. I didn't hear them identify NDSU as the "1".

*this was during the broadcast. I haven't watched Sportscenter or any other highlights.

heymch86
02-10-2010, 04:26 AM
oh ok, i was watching the Purdue-Michigan St. game and they just kept saying "first time ever". I went to espn.com and read the recap, and there, they specified it was the first unranked big 10 team

ndsubison1
02-10-2010, 08:21 AM
Still not sure if this is an upset. Illinois is a solid team with three solid juniors. One week ago we were debating if they would be in the tourney. Now they're in contention to win the Big Ten. They could be a darkhorse team in March.

NDSUFan_Sav
02-11-2010, 02:34 PM
Still not sure if this is an upset. Illinois is a solid team with three solid juniors. One week ago we were debating if they would be in the tourney. Now they're in contention to win the Big Ten. They could be a darkhorse team in March.

yup I was saying that at the beginning of the year :)

Illinois to the final 4 :D

SlickVic
02-11-2010, 03:41 PM
I wouldn't get to exited about illinois had that game dvrd just got around to whatching it and yeah they beat wisconsin on the road huge accomplishment but that point guard just went off I mean I've seen him play multiple times never anything close to that tho not to mention wisconsin was without a lottery pick beat michigan state minus kalin lucas...illinois is a solid tourney team and obviously a threat in march but id still say there the fourth best team in the big ten and theres prolly 6 or 7 squads from other conferences id take to the final four before them...time will tell