PDA

View Full Version : Woodside Highlights as a Pro

ndsubison1
02-09-2010, 06:13 PM
http://www.bcm.deltafm.fr/index.php?id=2245

North Side
02-09-2010, 07:18 PM

Good to see woody again, some sick passes to hook up his teammates for the big dunk. I only understood one thing in that video Ben Woodside haha wish I knew french.

IzzyFlexion
03-07-2010, 06:45 PM
In the spirit of tonight's Summit League first round game for the Bison....Love the French translation about Woody's performance in last nights BCM Graveline's game.

Ben Woodside, avec 14 points et 10 passes décisives à son actif, est également l'un des grands bonhommes de la soirée.

TRANSLATION:
Ben Woodside with 14 points and 10 assists to his credit, is also a great man of the evening.

roadwarrior
03-08-2010, 07:10 PM
A side note:

Ben's parents and sister were in attendance in Sioux Falls last night.

Bison bison
03-08-2010, 07:30 PM
is also a great man of the evening.

http://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/730/730566/thesimpsons-lifeonthefastlane-jacques-albertbrooks_1157493872.jpg

To the most beautiful moment in life, Better than a deed, better
than a memory, the moment... of anticipation!

NDSUFan_Sav
03-08-2010, 09:14 PM
A side note:

Ben's parents and sister were in attendance in Sioux Falls last night.

Also, Marshall Bjorklund and his dad were in attendance, he's got a big game on thursday I think it's regionals so its a must win game for them. Best of luck to a future Bison.

CaBisonFan
03-08-2010, 09:44 PM

Thanks for this ming01. Ben is an NBA player. He would open up the offense for many teams. rep

cyborgg
03-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Thanks for this ming01. Ben is an NBA player. He would open up the offense for many teams. rep

Sorry CaBison, but you can't "wish" people into NBA players. In the real world, Ben looks like a damn fine Euro player.

NDSUFan_Sav
03-12-2010, 02:49 AM
Sorry CaBison, but you can't "wish" people into NBA players. In the real world, Ben looks like a damn fine Euro player.

I agree, and he's loving it over there maybe in time he'll find his way back over here, but he's doing just fine over there.

IzzyFlexion
04-03-2010, 04:42 PM
Ben Woodside update:
BCM put the mustard to Dijon last night 88-54.

Part of the game recap:

Ben Woodside et Cyril Akpomedah en contre-attaque régalent
Translation:

Ben Woodside and Cyril Akpomedah in cons attack feast

I long for the day that I'm mentioned in the press as being part of an ATTACK FEAST!:nod:

NDSUFan_Sav
04-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Ben talks about his life overseas and about his games here:

http://www.benwoodside.blogspot.com/

lakesbison
04-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Just had a long conversation with WOODY.
He is hitting the home stretch over in France, staying pretty steady with the 15 points 5 assists basically every game. He's happy with where he's at, and is wondering about this summer and how everything pans out after the euro leagues end in May. I for one would love to see him get a shot at the NBA, but I think he is prepared to stay in europe and make $100K + for the next 4-5 years, and I dont think that is too shabby at all!!!

He had no idea about the NDSU recruits and I filled him in, and he said sounds like NCAA bound next year because Tviedt & Freddy deserves it!

The following is from his blog:

I want to give you a little update on how our game went last night for the French Cup. We played Chalon in the French Cup at home last night. We came away with a 81-56 win. With that win we are now in the Final 4 for the French Cup Championship. If we are to win our next game then we head down to Paris to play for the Championship. I want to remind you that the French Cup is completely separate from our French League games. We still have 5 regular season French League games ahead of us and then playoff's start May 19th. Last night we had a very solid game defensively. I think we played some great defense throughout most of the game. We had 3 guys in double figures. I had 14 points, 8 assists, 4 rebounds, and 3 steals

lakesbison
05-05-2010, 04:56 PM
woody had 10 pts 8 assists as their team advanced, they play again on 5/11.

SDbison
05-05-2010, 06:58 PM
woody had 10 pts 8 assists as their team advanced, they play again on 5/11.
thanks for the update Lakes.......go woody!

OnTheFifty
06-04-2010, 12:47 PM
From the Pioneer press:

Former North Dakota State guard Ben Woodside of Albert Lea, Minn., made the winning layup in overtime for his Gravelines team against Cholet 70-68 in the opening game of the French League semifinal playoffs in Paris. Woodside scored 12 points with six rebounds.

lakesbison
06-04-2010, 02:42 PM
He"s Still Got It!!

SDSUAlum08
06-04-2010, 02:44 PM
From the Pioneer press:

Former North Dakota State guard Ben Woodside of Albert Lea, Minn., made the winning layup in overtime for his Gravelines team against Cholet 70-68 in the opening game of the French League semifinal playoffs in Paris. Woodside scored 12 points with six rebounds.

That's really impressive.

SDSU has had some decent players recently, but none with the killer instinct of this guy. It truly separates the good players from the great ones.

lakesbison
06-04-2010, 02:50 PM
http://www.bcmgravelines.com/?r=27,919

the shot heard around paris.

Bison101
06-12-2010, 02:57 PM
http://www.bcm.deltafm.fr/index.php?saison=&cat=4&id=2211

Another great game for Woodside.

Twentysix
06-12-2010, 09:27 PM
Does woodside speak french? that has got to be confusing.

HandoEX
06-15-2010, 05:16 PM
Does woodside speak french? that has got to be confusing.

I don't beleive Woodside speaks French, I beleive the French speak Woodside:nod:

lakesbison
06-15-2010, 08:12 PM
Congrats On Your Engagement Woody!

Mr. Burgundy
06-16-2010, 01:27 AM
Woody will be playing for the Golden State Warriors Summer League team in Las Vegas this summer. Best of luck.

DjKyRo
06-16-2010, 01:35 AM
Thanks for the report Burgundy, good luck to Woody!

TheDoctor
06-16-2010, 02:38 PM
Congrats On Your Engagement Woody!

Yes, congrats to Woody on being lucky enough to get Amanda Durick to agree to marry him. Amanda is a Fargo North grad who spent a year I believe on the dance team at NDSU. Amanda is a good friend of the family and an incredible young lady. Congratulations to both of you. Hopefully she can join him now over seas. Last week Woody came to camp when he got home to stop in and say hi. Saul said to hold on, he'll tell all the kids Woody was here. Woody said, nah, he was in a hurry and just wanted to say hey quick. Saul grabbed the microphone and announced to all campers that it was hug Ben Woodside day and every camper was required to run up to the bleachers and hug Woody. Can you imagine sitting in the bleachers at a game and getting mauled by 300 kids at one time? Only Saul! :rofl: ;)

SlickVic
06-16-2010, 07:25 PM
Woody will be playing for the Golden State Warriors Summer League team in Las Vegas this summer. Best of luck.

Wow...other than las suns I can't think of a better system woody would ever get a shot in...nellie ball might fall in love with that fool could be a perfect fit might be his big break def gonna set the dvr all those games are on nba tv...thanks for the info ronald

DjKyRo
06-17-2010, 12:21 AM
Yes, congrats to Woody on being lucky enough to get Amanda Durick to agree to marry him. Amanda is a Fargo North grad who spent a year I believe on the dance team at NDSU. Amanda is a good friend of the family and an incredible young lady. Congratulations to both of you. Hopefully she can join him now over seas. Last week Woody came to camp when he got home to stop in and say hi. Saul said to hold on, he'll tell all the kids Woody was here. Woody said, nah, he was in a hurry and just wanted to say hey quick. Saul grabbed the microphone and announced to all campers that it was hug Ben Woodside day and every camper was required to run up to the bleachers and hug Woody. Can you imagine sitting in the bleachers at a game and getting mauled by 300 kids at one time? Only Saul! :rofl: ;)

300 kids and one college student. I'd hug Woody and I'm not afraid to admit it. :cool:

ndsubison1
06-17-2010, 02:27 AM
Our own Bisonbohl would tackle Woodside... oh wait he already did that

sambini
06-20-2010, 06:46 PM
Congrats Woody++++++++++++