View Full Version : Misleading much????

tjbison
02-08-2010, 12:05 AM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/268382/group/home/

I looked and thought NO WAY!!!!! quite a headline

TbonZach
02-08-2010, 12:11 AM
UND (5-17): Bledsoe 3-3 5-7 11, Mertens 4-8 2-6 10, Goodman 2-4 2-3 6

Maybe that's why we sucked so much last year....

Tatanka
02-08-2010, 12:14 AM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/268382/group/home/

I looked and thought NO WAY!!!!! quite a headline

I'd say this was done on purpose if I thought for an instant that the brain surgeons at the fish wrap knew the difference. No, this was a victory over SIU-E (MUCH MUCH different than SIU-Carbondale who we are more familiar with...). SIU-E is in transition from DII to DI, playoff eligible in 2012-13.

Bison bison
02-08-2010, 01:48 AM
it would be nice if they had editors at the forum. that is so obviously wrong to anyone who follows college sports.

Herd
02-08-2010, 04:07 AM
I guess SIU had a back to back, at UNI on Saturday night in a Valley showdown on ESPN2, then back in action against UND on Sunday afternoon. ;)

BisonCountry
02-08-2010, 06:56 AM
it would be nice if they had editors at the forum.

Heywood Jablome.....nuf said.

Amused
02-08-2010, 03:40 PM
On its own website, Southern Illinois University promotes itself as "One University, Two Campuses, Many Locations", and even makes the designations of "SIUC" and "SIUE". (No hyphen that I saw.)

So technically, NDSU never plays "Southern Illinois" either. I would guess the headline writer had no idea there were 2 of them, or it fit better for space.

Bison bison
02-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Yes, and NDSU is technically "North Dakota State University of Agricultural and Applied Science".

Good try though.

Tatanka
02-08-2010, 03:54 PM
On its own website, Southern Illinois University promotes itself as "One University, Two Campuses, Many Locations", and even makes the designations of "SIUC" and "SIUE". (No hyphen that I saw.)

So technically, NDSU never plays "Southern Illinois" either. I would guess the headline writer had no idea there were 2 of them, or it fit better for space.

growing up near there, both were hyphenated but if someone only said SIU it was well-known they weren't referring to the Edwardsville campus... either way, seeing as SIU is a regular opponent of NDSU, one would think that someone in the sports editing dept would know better. sadly, "journalists" in general these days are but a shadow of what they should be.

Spiker
02-08-2010, 03:56 PM
I think they should change the heading on this topic to OBSESSION with UND.

Facts
02-08-2010, 04:01 PM

Says the UND fan posting on THE NDSU fan website.

Tatanka
02-08-2010, 04:36 PM

Thank you for your continued and persistent interest in NDSU and Bison Athletics!

NorthernBison
02-08-2010, 04:56 PM
It is correct now.

I saw it as a mistake made by a headline writer that had no clue about the difference.

Now, if they play UM-Crookston and the headline is "UND sneaks by the University of Minnesota", that would be really funny.

Facts
02-08-2010, 05:50 PM
It is correct now.

I saw it as a mistake made by a headline writer that had no clue about the difference.

Now, when they play UM-Crookston and the headline is "UND sneaks by the University of Minnesota", that would be really funny.

fixed it for ya. ;)