PDA

View Full Version : More bad NDSU press

cbline
02-05-2010, 05:23 PM
More fodder for the Forum. Executive Director of the foundation arrested on DUI.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/268127/

NDSUstudent
02-05-2010, 05:24 PM
FARGO – The executive director of North Dakota State University’s fundraising operation was arrested early today for drunk driving.

Jim Miller, 61, was stopped by Fargo police just after midnight today at the Stop-N-Go at Fourth Avenue and 10th Street North, said Lt. Pat Claus.

Police arrested Miller on suspicion of DUI, Claus said.

Further details of the arrest were not available.

Miller was taken to the Cass County Jail, where he posted $500 bail about 2 a.m.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/268127/

tony
02-05-2010, 05:31 PM
Merged threads.

My advice: See if the UND hockey legal defense team is busy.

GradBison
02-05-2010, 06:33 PM
The guy is an idiot and so is anyone who drinks and drives.

MNLonghorn10
02-05-2010, 06:40 PM
did he post bail on the foundations coin?

bisonmike2
02-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Merged threads.

My advice: See if the UND hockey legal defense team is busy.

No kidding. I'm still tyring to figure out how that kid got off. Can't believe the forum didn't run this in huge font with a breaking news at the top. Maybe a headline
"DRUNK DRIVING RAMPANT AMONG NDSU OFFICIALS, STUDENTS"

At least he didn't solicit the officer for sex.:hide:

NorthernBison
02-05-2010, 07:41 PM
Hmmmm. 4th avenue and 10th street sounds familiar. What was he doing around there?

TheBisonator
02-05-2010, 07:42 PM
Hmmmm. 4th avenue and 10th street sounds familiar. What was he doing around there?

It's in your username. :D

tony
02-05-2010, 07:43 PM

Or doing what I did after drinking - going to Taco Johns ('cept I didn't drive there).

bisonmike2
02-05-2010, 07:46 PM
Or doing what I did after drinking - going to Taco Johns ('cept I didn't drive there).

so he was going out for taco's either way.

NorthernBison
02-05-2010, 08:19 PM

If my wife reads this, I might have some explaining to do. Good catch.

onbison09
02-05-2010, 08:48 PM
My old ag teacher used to work at that Taco Johns. He said one of the girls came in and asked if they had free food. He said we do if you give me a kiss. She did and she got her food. Also this big offensive lineman (I'm sure the name would be recognized on here if I remembered it. Reggie's ringing a bell for some reason) for the Bison came in at like 12 or 1 (whenever they were closing) and asked if they were open. He asked if they won. He said yep and alright we're open. Next thing he knows, "Alright guys they're open!" Out of a car pile like 10 guys.

ndsubison1
02-05-2010, 08:50 PM

i know funny, and boy that is funny!

ndsubison1
02-05-2010, 08:50 PM
so he was going out for taco's either way.

i know funny and this is funny too

North Side
02-05-2010, 09:22 PM

couldn't have said it better myself, Jim Miller thanks for representing NDSU with class, I hope you're canned. :mad:

MNLonghorn10
02-05-2010, 09:37 PM

Entertainers

Week of

February 1st-

February 6th

Friday February 5th

Sky, Jayla, Tori, Serenity, Jenna, Sabrina, Tarian, Ruby (new), Maria, Athena, Brianna, Corey, Chastity, Neveah, Farrah, Araya, Robyn, Zai, Holly

ndsubison1
02-05-2010, 11:02 PM
Entertainers

Week of

February 1st-

February 6th

Friday February 5th

Sky, Jayla, Tori, Serenity, Jenna, Sabrina, Tarian, Ruby (new), Maria, Athena, Brianna, Corey, Chastity, Neveah, Farrah, Araya, Robyn, Zai, Holly

:rofl: :rofl:

EndZoneQB
02-05-2010, 11:55 PM

Oh c'mon now, don't go holier than thou on this... I can about guarantee EVERYONE on here has gotten in the car after having a few too many to drink. Not saying its right, but c'mon...

BTW, if he was pulled over at midnight, Taco John's closes at 11 on weekdays...

Bison bison
02-06-2010, 01:40 AM
Miller lives very close to Campus/Stop n Go.

sambini
02-06-2010, 03:13 AM
Entertainers

Week of

February 1st-

February 6th

Friday February 5th

Tits and grits every friday+++

4mcruenomore
02-06-2010, 03:56 AM
Apparently you can blow a 0.02 in Fargo and get a DUI. So who knows

MNLonghorn10
02-06-2010, 09:11 AM
Tits and grits every friday+++

i had a turkey dinner one time at the northern on the friday.

and to my surprise, it was actually pretty damn good. very underrated food

bisonmike2
02-06-2010, 12:32 PM
i had a turkey dinner one time at the northern on the friday.

and to my surprise, it was actually pretty damn good. very underrated food

I agree. I had a steak and it wasn't bad. But I wasn't looking down at what I was eating so it could have been cat litter and I didn't really care.

EndZoneQB
02-06-2010, 07:14 PM
Apparently you can blow a 0.02 in Fargo and get a DUI. So who knows

Yep, it's not based on your breathalyzer, it's based on your sobriety tests. When you get pulled over, that's why they always start with the sobriety tests, so if you appear sober enough, they won't even bother with a breath test.

sambini
02-07-2010, 05:12 AM
I agree. I had a steak and it wasn't bad. But I wasn't looking down at what I was eating so it could have been cat litter and I didn't really care.
Good food+++++++++

4mcruenomore
02-07-2010, 06:10 AM
Yep, it's not based on your breathalyzer, it's based on your sobriety tests. When you get pulled over, that's why they always start with the sobriety tests, so if you appear sober enough, they won't even bother with a breath test.

I challenge you or any other person to do the alphabet from y to d backwards, with 2 officers laughing, and saying "what's taking you so long, you drunk?" and badgering you. "Count from 69 to 47 backwards, now, now, no wait, to 35, no, to 39, what's taking so long?" Trust me, it's not easy. I failed a couple of the field sobriety tests, but blew well below the limit. I was caught speeding in south fargo once, after coming home from a girlfriends house. Those field sobriety tests don't mean crap when you are nervous and have jerk cops wanting you to fail. They could not give me a DUI b/c I was well legal. But it was not a fun experience. I do not condone drinking and driving, but I don't have anything wrong with having a beer or 2 at a friends house. I think Fargo PD is on a witch hunt IMO.
edit: You might ask, why did he give you the field tests? B/C he asked me if I had any beers that evening, I said yes. Should you lie and say no?

ThunderDan
02-07-2010, 08:03 AM
1. You DO NOT have to take the sobriety tests in North Dakota...its only mandatory to take the breathalyzer. So, obviously, don't take them.

2. Call a cab....or better yet, call Sober Guy....moron.

MNLonghorn10
02-07-2010, 03:22 PM
or just take back roads.

SDbison
02-07-2010, 04:30 PM
1. You DO NOT have to take the sobriety tests in North Dakota...its only mandatory to take the breathalyzer. So, obviously, don't take them.

2. Call a cab....or better yet, call Sober Guy....moron.
Hey moron.....if I have 2 beers I AM NOT DRUNK nor am I DRIVING IMPAIRED, nor am I OVER THE LIMIT. Obviously 98% of the people that go out to drink don't drink enough to need a designated driver or a cab. Now if you are going out to get wasted better make some arrangements.
This marketing BS that says if you touch your lips to alcohol you need a cab is way over done.
Tired of the police thinking they can pull anyone over if its after 11:00 pm just to see if they are innocent.
If their goal is get all unsafe people off the road maybe it's time to start pulling over the multitudes of dumas's out there during the day that have their cell phones glued to their head while driving.

tjbison
02-07-2010, 05:22 PM
Hey moron.....if I have 2 beers I AM NOT DRUNK nor am I DRIVING IMPAIRED, nor am I OVER THE LIMIT. Obviously 98% of the people that go out to drink don't drink enough to need a designated driver or a cab. Now if you are going out to get wasted better make some arrangements.
This marketing BS that says if you touch your lips to alcohol you need a cab is way over done.
Tired of the police thinking they can pull anyone over if its after 11:00 pm just to see if they are innocent.
If their goal is get all unsafe people off the road maybe it's time to start pulling over the multitudes of dumas's out there during the day that have their cell phones glued to their head while driving.

or running red lights in this town, or not using their blinkers!!

4mcruenomore
02-07-2010, 06:22 PM
Anyone hear McFeeley talking about his run in after eating pizza in his car? Kind of funny

ThunderDan
02-08-2010, 01:55 AM

Ah, was this guy NOT DRUNK or DRIVING IMPAIRED or OVER THE LIMIT? Obviously he was....but yes, I am a moron, thanks for pointing that out.
Are you his boyfriend?

SDbison
02-08-2010, 02:17 AM
Ah, was this guy NOT DRUNK or DRIVING IMPAIRED or OVER THE LIMIT? Obviously he was....but yes, I am a moron, thanks for pointing that out.
Are you his boyfriend?
Hey moron quit covering up...your response was to the Bisonville poster just in front of your post. Just thought you would like to be called moron, or would your prefer Dick, Dan?

bisonmike2
02-08-2010, 02:25 AM
Hey moron quit covering up...your response was to the Bisonville poster just in front of your post. Just thought you would like to be called moron, or would your prefer Dick, Dan?

so just so we're clear, you're pro drunk driving? If you don't like they way the law is written, contact your local representative. Until then, have a coke and a smile and stfu. I'm sure you could fill a graveyard or 2 with people who were killed by drivers who were ok and only "had a couple of beers."

4mcruenomore
02-08-2010, 03:36 AM
I just wanted to share my story of field sobriety tests.

sambini
02-08-2010, 04:50 AM
I just wanted to share my story of field sobriety tests.
U got em going...

SDbison
02-08-2010, 08:56 PM
so just so we're clear, you're pro drunk driving? If you don't like they way the law is written, contact your local representative. Until then, have a coke and a smile and stfu. I'm sure you could fill a graveyard or 2 with people who were killed by drivers who were ok and only "had a couple of beers."
Define drunk first a-hole.

ndsubison1
02-08-2010, 09:00 PM
At times its harder to drive hung over than drunk

IzzyFlexion
02-08-2010, 09:20 PM

Partly because you have no idea where you are?:D

NorthernBison
02-08-2010, 09:46 PM

Not picking on you but, bad example. If somebody is hung over enough to make driving difficult, they might still have a BAC over the limit.

ndsubison1
02-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Not picking on you but, bad example. If somebody is hung over enough to make driving difficult, they might still have a BAC over the limit.

not necessarily

NorthernBison
02-09-2010, 12:30 AM
not necessarily

I know, that's why I said "might".

Nevertheless, lots of people who get really drunk go to work the next day hung over and are "impaired". Some might even be still over .08 when they drive to work.

The flipside to my argument is that some people who get the "drunkest" don't ever feel hungover. Some of my worst hangovers have been when I really didn't drink that much. Go figure.

MNLonghorn10
02-09-2010, 12:32 AM

at times? i can sit up when im drunk.

i cant sit up when im hungover. nor can i lay down while i drive.

DORMIE
02-09-2010, 04:42 AM
Jim was pulled over for making an illegal turn, probably turning right onto 10th street by Berry Hall and turning into the left lane (ever done that) when he should have pulled into the right lane - picky picky. Probably been to a function at the Donaldson. Don't get on Jim. He's done a hellova job as Foundation Director. And don't blame him for the President's House. Blame the Executive Board, as he reports to them. "There for the grace of God go you or I".

ndsubison1
02-09-2010, 04:47 AM
Agreed with the above ^^^^. People are making him out to be a criminal. People make mistakes and sometimes get caught up in bad situations.

ndsubison1
02-09-2010, 04:52 AM
couldn't have said it better myself, Jim Miller thanks for representing NDSU with class, I hope you're canned. :mad:

Well that's very kind. I am a firm believer in second chances. So DUI automatically makes him a criminal and automatically canned? Looks like George Bush shouldnt have ever been president then as he has received a DUI before...

56BISON73
02-09-2010, 05:04 AM
Why do people think that being charged with a DUI is grounds for firing someone? How about running a red light? Makes no sense.

North Side
02-09-2010, 06:01 AM
Well that's very kind. I am a firm believer in second chances. So DUI automatically makes him a criminal and automatically canned? Looks like George Bush shouldnt have ever been president then as he has received a DUI before...

I really have no problem with how he is doing his job, but people have been fired for far less than a DUI... Yea its not kind but I am not huge on second chances when it comes to DUI. I had some ppl close to me killed by drunk drivers they didn't get a second chance on their life...

But you could say Jose and Shamen would be second chance success stories so it does work.

WYOBISONMAN
02-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Jim was pulled over for making an illegal turn, probably turning right onto 10th street by Berry Hall and turning into the left lane (ever done that) when he should have pulled into the right lane - picky picky. Probably been to a function at the Donaldson. Don't get on Jim. He's done a hellova job as Foundation Director. And don't blame him for the President's House. Blame the Executive Board, as he reports to them. "There for the grace of God go you or I".

No kidding. I would be the last guy to point a finger at someone for this. I doubt that any of you on this board who knock back a few have not at one time or another driven drunk. You know.....let's quit bullshitting ourselves on this one....

NorthernBison
02-09-2010, 12:54 PM
I had some fun earlier at his expense based on where he got pulled over. I will also freely admit that, what happended to him could have happened to me a number of times over the years.

There is a difference though that some people don't seem to understand. If I had been pulled over and the circumstances were identical, it would not have been front page news in every daily newspaper in the state.

Furthermore, NOBODY would have needed to start a thread indicating this was bad press for NDSU. People in these positions absolutely CANNOT let things like this happen.

I've never called for his head. A firing is a Board decision and I really don't care much either way. Comparing it to your job or your friends job though is disingenuous at best. Completely different circumstances.