PDA

View Full Version : GDT: UMKC Roos @NDSU

Twentysix
02-04-2010, 05:17 PM
The start of our 6-1 finish begins today. UMKC is a good team but we beat them at there place and we will do it here today. My girlfriend and I will be there screaming for the bison I hope you all join me.

Tatanka
02-04-2010, 05:17 PM
The start of our 6-1 finish begins today. UMKC is a good team but we beat them at there place and we will do it here today. My girlfriend and I will be there screaming for the bison I hope you all join me.

This thread is useless without pict....

Oh, wait. OK. Yes, GO BISON.

heckler
02-04-2010, 05:37 PM
This thread is useless without pict....

Oh, wait. OK. Yes, GO BISON.

http://www.collegefanz.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-10445-1204/fatty_fat_fat_cheerleader.jpg

Twentysix
02-04-2010, 05:42 PM
lol:bow: :bow: :bow:

tjbison
02-04-2010, 05:45 PM
http://www.collegefanz.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-10445-1204/fatty_fat_fat_cheerleader.jpg

almost puked on the screen!!!

TheDoctor
02-04-2010, 06:03 PM

Do you sit like 2-3 ropws above us, maybe row 9? There are a cute couple that scream together at the game. Anyway, see everyone tonight. ;)

Facts
02-04-2010, 07:02 PM
I too will be contributing my body heat to the Matchbox. :howdy:

ndsubison1
02-04-2010, 07:22 PM
I am sick but will try my best to be at the game. Obviously dont wanna get anybody else sick. We need to sweep this home series

Twentysix
02-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Do you sit like 2-3 ropws above us, maybe row 9? There are a cute couple that scream together at the game. Anyway, see everyone tonight. ;)

Sit in the Student section usually center court. sometimes by ming and co.

TheDoctor
02-04-2010, 11:20 PM
I am sick but will try my best to be at the game. Obviously dont wanna get anybody else sick. We need to sweep this home series

Looks like someone celebrated the class of 2010 a little hard at the Hub last night! ;)

Da Bison
02-05-2010, 12:36 AM
25-25 at 4:30.

More cheerleaders at the game than students

Da Bison
02-05-2010, 12:48 AM
34-29 Roos at half

Hansel
02-05-2010, 12:53 AM
34-29 Roos at half

Vaughan/Carlson combined for 2 points on 1-10 shooting in 35 minutes in first half- that will need to change

Da Bison
02-05-2010, 01:10 AM
Back within one at 38-37. Carlson has 6 now.

cvbison1
02-05-2010, 01:53 AM
we are pathetic. wow.

HandoEX
02-05-2010, 01:54 AM
Vaughn misses game winning shot at the buzzer after UMKC misses front end of the one and one. Bison lose by 2. Ugh.

mgbison
02-05-2010, 01:54 AM
well at least the summit league tourney isn't played on our home court.

Herd
02-05-2010, 01:55 AM
Foot . . . Bask . . . Baseball season can't get here soon enough.

Herd
02-05-2010, 01:57 AM
What is Aaberg doing that he can't get minutes? Geez, were playing with Carlson and Tveidt at the 4/5. We have no inside presence. Yuck

cvbison1
02-05-2010, 01:57 AM
well at least the summit league tourney isn't played on our home court.

i heard NDSU, along with und will participate in the DAC tournament this season

Herd
02-05-2010, 01:59 AM
No one wants to here this, but Wolters was a big miss.

North Side
02-05-2010, 02:06 AM
Thoughts after the game:
1) where was everyone?? Last time i check its not xmas break.... students NEED to come out!!
2) why didn't Aaberg play more??
3) this loss hurts i think its our worst loss of the year... you need to win at home!

DjKyRo
02-05-2010, 02:20 AM
All I can stand to do is quote Saul's post-game interview:

"100% pure frustration right now." Unacceptable performance, and wtf were the students tonight? We've got 3 home games left and you can bet people aren't going to care one way or the other.

Trayvonn, Marshall, I'm putting my hope in you two.

Twentysix
02-05-2010, 02:29 AM
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........................................

cvbison1
02-05-2010, 02:35 AM
yeah guys. we really want to play in the MVC don't we

Twentysix
02-05-2010, 02:37 AM
Atleast the evansville aces have a nice arena.

http://gopurpleaces.com/images/2007/11/12/Roberts-Stadium-1.jpg

And they suck.

roadwarrior
02-05-2010, 02:40 AM
If Saul is so frustrated, why did he only play 6 guys in the second half? Zastrow and Aaberg did not see any action as the other guys on the court no doubt got a little tired by the end of the game.

Twentysix
02-05-2010, 02:41 AM
And other than three pointers vaughn couldnt of made it into a hoolahoop sized basket...

NDSUstudent
02-05-2010, 02:43 AM
Very frustrating, this team just can't do anything at home. Please, no more Lundberg at the point, I'd rather watch Zastrow pass the ball than Lundberg dribble, dribble and then dribble some more.

tjbison
02-05-2010, 02:44 AM
1. Refs, not blaming them for the loss, but I'm tired of these clowns every game sucks, and its ALL games not just ours
2. We can't score in transition
3. FREE THROWS!!! SOB THEY CALL THEM "FREE" FOR A REASON
4. Driving the hoop, we don't do it, and when we do we pass it out
5. SHOOT THE DAMN BALL, Carlson had 10 looks at wide open 3's
6. The dude that lost his shoe runs the court and makes a steal WTF??????

Overall this game was 100% horsesh!t, High point #23 20 point, tweaks his ankle and walks it off.

Oh well i'll still be there Saturday, might need a few more drinks before hand though:smh:

TheDoctor
02-05-2010, 02:52 AM
We call our FINAL TIMEOUT of the game, dead ball, down two. We HAVE to foul on the inbounds and then hope they miss the 1st but for sure the 2nd. What are we talking about in that timeout, "we need to foul immediately when the ball is inbounds". Great, how about maybe setting up scenarious, #1 what we do if they miss the 1st and it is a 2 point game, #2 what we do if the miss the 2nd 3point game, #3 if they make both thanks for playing. We were NOT prepared to go the length of the court in 5 seconds at the end. I know Vaughn got a decent shot off but noone was prepared. Also, I am sick of Felt sitting slouched over on the bench the whole game laughing when Pennick is missing his layups and free throws. I'll quit now. That finish was terrible. Where was Aaberg the last 45 minutes of the game? On the bench??????? ;)

TheDoctor
02-05-2010, 02:53 AM
6. The dude that lost his shoe runs the court and makes a steal WTF??????

Then has to call a timeout before they call traveling for slipping :rofl: I was thinking the same thing, 5 on 4, wait, a steal? what? I hear ya. ;)

onbison09
02-05-2010, 02:59 AM
What every post in this thread is basically saying: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHdZFppSZss. Glad I had an assload of homework to do so I didn't waste time considering listening to it.

unbison
02-05-2010, 03:00 AM
pennick looked like he was playing at dike east tonight.......is just me or does tveidt flash open across the lane all night and not get the ball..... come on guys he is the best player on the team and not a black hole when he gets the ball .......like some others i will not mention

NDSUstudent
02-05-2010, 03:02 AM
That is why I like having Zastrow in the game more, he sees the court, and he'll find the open man and he is not afraid to force a pass. We had Tveidt and Carlson open a few times but whoever had the ball wasn't looking at them.

Kermit
02-05-2010, 03:03 AM
If Saul is so frustrated, why did he only play 6 guys in the second half? Zastrow and Aaberg did not see any action as the other guys on the court no doubt got a little tired by the end of the game.

Agree. I think the lineup that played (Vaughn, Lundberg, Pennick, Tveidt, Carlson) was the right place to start because of the success they had as a unit last week in KC. Tonight the offense was not clicking (except Tveidt). Sussenguth should have got some minutes in the second half. Zastrow had some bad turnovers in the first half, but he was not the only one.

roadwarrior
02-05-2010, 03:06 AM
So was there not a single substitution in the 2nd half? I thought Sam was in there for a while.

NDSUstudent
02-05-2010, 03:07 AM
So was there not a single substitution in the 2nd half?

Goose might have played for a few minutes when Carlson picked up his third foul, but that had to be about it.

Kermit
02-05-2010, 03:07 AM
Very frustrating, this team just can't do anything at home. Please, no more Lundberg at the point, I'd rather watch Zastrow pass the ball than Lundberg dribble, dribble and then dribble some more.

Drew has improved and he had a couple of good recently. But yeah, he tends to dribble too much and he is not athletic enough to create space for himself. Our team overall needs a significant upgrade in athleticism. Add to that we generally only have a couple of players on the floor that our opponents even bother to guard on the perimeter because the other guys can not shoot from outside.

RowdyRabbit
02-05-2010, 03:09 AM
Foot . . . Bask . . . Baseball season can't get here soon enough.

Tough loss at home tonight guys, things will get better. I had to laugh at this post though.

Also, someone mentioned Felt laughing at missed shots and free throws....WOW, that would piss me off....hope your guys can correct him on that....

NDSUstudent
02-05-2010, 03:15 AM
Drew has improved and he had a couple of good recently. But yeah, he tends to dribble too much and he is not athletic enough to create space for himself. Our team overall needs a significant upgrade in athleticism. Add to that we generally only have a couple of players on the floor that our opponents even bother to guard on the perimeter because the other guys can not shoot from outside.

Yeah, you see Carlson out there unguarded and last year that is Winks standing there, he would bury those looks all night long. Same thing with Pennick, just replace him with Nelson. If I am Saul I have Carlson shooting jumper after jumper in the offseason, if he finds that shot, maybe I won't have to listen to the opposing coach yell "driver" all game long.

I know Felt was struggling a bit early, but he found his stroke against IUPUI, then he gets hurt. Freddy can hit a jumper if he is open. Lets just call this the season of frustration. Bring in a guard or Marcus Williams, add Bjorklund, and things are looking much better.

unbison
02-05-2010, 03:22 AM
Tough loss at home tonight guys, things will get better. I had to laugh at this post though.

Also, someone mentioned Felt laughing at missed shots and free throws....WOW, that would piss me off....hope your guys can correct him on that....

he only laughs at pennick

tjbison
02-05-2010, 03:25 AM

I do too:hide: :hide: :hide:

:hide: :hide:

RowdyRabbit
02-05-2010, 03:27 AM

Oh...that's not so bad then...obviously all in jest...I wonder if any of our guys laugh at Cordova shooting free throws....

tjbison
02-05-2010, 03:28 AM
Oh...that's not so bad then...obviously all in jest...I wonder if any of our guys laugh at Cordova shooting free throws....

I did that too:D :D

NDSUstudent
02-05-2010, 03:34 AM
I do too:hide: :hide: :hide:

:hide: :hide:

Pennick at the line....1st shot

http://www.pspsps.tv/facepalm.jpg

2nd shot...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3069/3003232946_f412af45c9.jpg

Kermit
02-05-2010, 03:41 AM
Also, I am sick of Felt sitting slouched over on the bench the whole game laughing when Pennick is missing his layups and free throws.

I sit on the west side so this wouldn't be obvious to me, but if this is true that is absolutely unacceptable and should not be tolerated.

VanClubPres
02-05-2010, 03:47 AM
I sit on the west side so this wouldn't be obvious to me, but if this is true that is absolutely unacceptable and should not be tolerated.

I agree. I am certainly not laughing, especially when the final score is within two points. I think the old saying goes, championships are won at the free throw line.

Not to give our outstanding 36 percent shooting loss an excuse, but those refs were te-re-bull. Two times the ball was kicked with no call, and the blocking call at the north end, I could have run down from row nine before the Roo got to (zastrow i think). He had his feet planted for a week.

North Side
02-05-2010, 04:05 AM
If I am Saul I have Carlson shooting jumper after jumper in the offseason, if he finds that shot, maybe I won't have to listen to the opposing coach yell "driver" all game long.

pivot footing around the basket can only get you so far.... Carlson really does need to add a mid range jay or at least take a couple in the game even if its low percentage for him right now just to keep ppl from knowing what he is doing everytime

NDSUFan_Sav
02-05-2010, 05:48 AM
Vaughn misses game winning shot at the buzzer after UMKC misses front end of the one and one. Bison lose by 2. Ugh.

the shot was a terrible shot...UGLY!

NDSUFan_Sav
02-05-2010, 05:51 AM
What is Aaberg doing that he can't get minutes? Geez, were playing with Carlson and Tveidt at the 4/5. We have no inside presence. Yuck

I think you mean Why wasn't goose in there at the end I think he had 1 mistake that I recall all game, but UMKC isn't that tall and they were trying to match up with them and not make UMKC try and match up with us, not really sure why we did that, but we were playing better with a big guy in there imo.

IzzyFlexion
02-05-2010, 01:25 PM
i heard NDSU, along with und will participate in the DAC tournament this season

Indeed..... and bragging rights will go to the school that gets the 7 seed instead of the 8!!!!!:smh:

Facts
02-05-2010, 01:50 PM

Will someone please tell me why (aint nothin but a heart break) tell me whyi... MT didn't take those last two shots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vaughn was ice cold all night

WWWWWHHHHHHYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!:ranting:

lcbison
02-05-2010, 01:53 PM
good thing i DVR'd the office last night, cause that game was tough to watch

Got some good comic relief over a certain member of student section yelling "GOD D*MMIT" on our last turnover. Could hear it straight across the court.

That Korver kid definetly god screwed on basketball ability in his family.

unbison
02-05-2010, 01:58 PM

while vaughn was impressive earlier in the season....... he is not now!

Burnt_Secondary
02-05-2010, 02:45 PM
I hate to say it but we don't have a great 3 guard lineup. It's OK to use for a spark, Lundberg is good for a spark also but how many minutes were we running with a 3 guard lineup. Way to make UMKC comfortable and allow them to keep their best lineup on the floor at all times.

UMKC didn't hit an outside shot the whole second half, why were we guarding them so damn close.

Another thing, I love how Eric Carlson plays, I really do, but do we need to move him to the free throw line to run our offence. We are taking him completely out of what he does well when we play him at the 5. He needs to receive the ball on the wing or the baseline to be comfortable. I haven't seen him score or drive once when he gets the ball at the free throw line when running the offence. We don't have many scorers on this team, we can't afford to take him out of the offence. Carlson is not a center!

Let’s face it, we held a horrible shooting team to about 32% shooting and didn't win the game, it might be time to scrap this little 3 guard lineup for 32 minutes a game. Use it as a spark, stick with it when it works, when it doesn't go with our traditional lineup.

BTW - UMKC is not a great team, holding them to 32% isn't a big accomplishment.

This game was junk!!! Make your freethrows!!!:ranting:

Another thing, what the hell is Pennick doing in a 3 guard offence anyway if he is not good enough to be the primary ball handler. He can't (or won't but I think can't) shoot from outside so what is he giving us in a 3 guard line up. You run a 3 guard with Lundberg dribbling out the clock what can Pennick give you if he breaks open for an outside jumper. I hate to say it but if we are going to run three guard with these three guys Pennick needs to bring the ball up. Lundberg and Vaughan can occationally hit an outside jumper and should play off Pennick. (That doesn't even sound very good now that a reread it. Do we have anything at all that could make a three guard line up work?)

bisonhusker
02-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Roadwarrior touched on it a bit earlier. No substitutions in the second half. Kids were tired. Sloppy turnovers late, missed free throws....tired. Also, we had the height advantage. Play Goose and Jordan together, make them play our game. Going small to match their size helped UMKC. Frustrated. Everyone is frustrated. Jordan started the game with a nice little baby hook over an undersized defender....the only look he got ALL night. Give the ball in the post. Carlson gets 30 post up opps a night. Sam can score down there, he has proven that.

Lack of talent and athleticism. In my opinion, the last two scholarships that we have to spend this year MUST go to guards who will raise the level of athleticism on this basketball team. That is the target as of right now, but we absolutely cannot miss on these guards.

roadwarrior
02-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Jordan started the game with a nice little baby hook over an undersized defender....the only look he got ALL night.

It was tough for Jordan to get many more looks.......with a grand total of 5 minutes of playing time!

I was so surprised we got the ball into him on the very first possession of the game. Something I think we should have been doing all season.

IzzyFlexion
02-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Are we sure we didn't miss an NCAA rule change? Lately, the Bison look like they're playing for the first pick in a draft.
rim shot optional.

ndsubison1
02-05-2010, 05:26 PM
Game came down to the last 6-7 possessions of the game. Our last 6 possessions we did nothing. We either turned it over or missed our shot. And I agree, we NEED athletes. I dont care what people say, to play at the division 1 level you need some athletic talent. We dont have much.

Zastrow and Aaberg need to play more. How do we expect these guys to develop if they dont get much PT.

tjbison
02-05-2010, 05:32 PM
good thing i DVR'd the office last night, cause that game was tough to watch

Got some good comic relief over a certain member of student section yelling "GOD D*MMIT" on our last turnover. Could hear it straight across the court.

That Korver kid definetly god screwed on basketball ability in his family.

Ha I did too, don't know if he is a Bisonviller but the thought did cross my mind. It was perfect as the whole place went quiet just as the epic yell went out!!!!

TheBisonator
02-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Ha I did too, don't know if he is a Bisonviller but the thought did cross my mind. It was perfect as the whole place went quiet just as the epic yell went out!!!!

That was me. :D

I was pissed last night.

TheBisonator
02-05-2010, 06:38 PM
Heh, despite the mediocre crowd at the BSA last night, our game was the highest-attended game in the Summit last night with an attendance of 2,547. Oakland had 2,115, IPFW had 1,662 and SDSU can't draw flies at 1,312 last night.

bisonhusker
02-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Heh, despite the mediocre crowd at the BSA last night, our game was the highest-attended game in the Summit last night with an attendance of 2,547. Oakland had 2,115, IPFW had 1,662 and SDSU can't draw flies at 1,312 last night.
Pathetic crowds.

HandoEX
02-05-2010, 07:32 PM

OMG, that is sad:smh: What a shame.

TheBisonator
02-05-2010, 07:40 PM
OMG, that is sad:smh: What a shame.

Reason #9,786 to build a new arena and move to the Missouri Valley.

Kermit
02-05-2010, 07:55 PM
Reason #9,786 to build a new arena and move to the Missouri Valley.

We might need an invitation..

X-Factor
02-05-2010, 08:11 PM
The older players are finding out right now just how much Woodside, Winks, Nelson, and Luke did. I think some of the players were expecting to fill those shoes and contend for another auto bid. That simply wasn't going to be the case, even without the injuries to possibly our best two guards and losing a dingle dork. I still like our chances in a year or two, but we need to build some depth and have a much more athletic starting lineup than we do now. Carlson and Tveidt can ball, but it is a big drop off after that.

ndsubison1
02-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Yeah, you see Carlson out there unguarded and last year that is Winks standing there, he would bury those looks all night long. Same thing with Pennick, just replace him with Nelson. If I am Saul I have Carlson shooting jumper after jumper in the offseason, if he finds that shot, maybe I won't have to listen to the opposing coach yell "driver" all game long.

I know Felt was struggling a bit early, but he found his stroke against IUPUI, then he gets hurt. Freddy can hit a jumper if he is open. Lets just call this the season of frustration. Bring in a guard or Marcus Williams, add Bjorklund, and things are looking much better.

Marcus Williams will need to work on his jumper too

silkamilkamonico
02-05-2010, 08:14 PM
We might need an invitation..

That will only come at the expense of someone leaving that conference and if they choose NDSU, which neither is likely to happen anytime soon.

I haven't been able to get to the games this year, but the first thing I'm looking at if I get to one is Mike Felt's demeanor on the bench. If what I'm hearing is true i this thread, that's completely unacceptable and inappropriate.

IMHO I could see us struggling this year bad. Tviedt has been good, Suss is a role player, I did not think Vaughn would be as good as he's been although it sounds like he's struggling as of late, and the fact that both Pennick and Lundberg get major minutes shows the lack of athleticism and talent on the team. No disrespect to them, but they aren't anywhere near the average guard talent in the league.

Next year it will be fun to watch the freshmen develop. I do not expect much from Carlson, and he might prove me completely wrong but he always seemed like a great athlete trying to play basketball. He might do awesome things here and there, but I can't imagine him making any kind of consistent impact throughout the course of the game.

IMHO, NDSU is competing in a good majority of these games, they just aren't winning. Let's keep in mind they are doing it with a plethora of players that weren't expected to play major minutes on this team, let alone should be playing major minutes in a D1 conference.

The losing is frustrating, but I don't expect this year to have any kind of foreshodowing on where the program can even be next year.

ndsubison1
02-05-2010, 08:19 PM
pennick looked like he was playing at dike east tonight.......is just me or does tveidt flash open across the lane all night and not get the ball..... come on guys he is the best player on the team and not a black hole when he gets the ball .......like some others i will not mention

Too bad we wont have Pennick next year, those "passes" off the backboard to Trayvonn Wright would be sick

ndsubison1
02-05-2010, 08:23 PM
Something else I want to get off my chest. A lot of our guys are afraid to shoot. Lundberg needs to take more shots. Zastrow needs to take more shots. Cant always rely on Carlson, Tveidt, and Vaughan to take it every time. Lundberg made a costly error looking to throw it back out instead of putting up a quick floater over the defender. I want to see more confidence in some of our role players. As for Goose and Aaberg, I wish they could get the ball more. But I guess it's easy for me to say all this. After all, I'm the one in the stands and not on the court

TheBisonator
02-05-2010, 08:24 PM
2010-11 season

We lose:

Pennick
Sussenguth
Vaughan

We gain:

Coleman
Wright
Felt
Bjorklund
Williams

Sounds like a pretty damn good tradeoff. We'll actually have GUARDS next year. How bout that!!!

ndsubison1
02-05-2010, 08:25 PM
We lose:

Pennick
Sussenguth
Vaughan

We gain:

Coleman
Wright
Felt
Bjorklund
Williams
Braun
Sounds like a pretty damn good tradeoff. We'll actually have GUARDS next year. How bout that!!!

Dont forget Braun

TheBisonator
02-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Dont forget Braun

D'OH!! forgot.

We gain 6 guys. Do we even need to recruit Jay Harris?? He'd be the cherry on top, that's for sure.

This team will know how to win close games next year.

DjKyRo
02-05-2010, 08:43 PM
D'OH!! forgot.

We gain 6 guys. Do we even need to recruit Jay Harris?? He'd be the cherry on top, that's for sure.

BLASPHEMY!!!

ndsubison1
02-05-2010, 08:47 PM
D'OH!! forgot.

I will answer that question for you... YES

IzzyFlexion
02-05-2010, 09:45 PM

The NDSU attendance could have been bolstered by about 10,000 if they'd counted flies.
Based on the Sh!tty play on the floor!:D

unbison
02-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Too bad we wont have Pennick next year, those "passes" off the backboard to Trayvonn Wright would be sick

passes? your superior basketball mind lost me ming

ndsubison1
02-05-2010, 10:58 PM
passes? your superior basketball mind lost me ming

in other words... botched lay-ups

unbison
02-05-2010, 11:06 PM
in other words... botched lay-ups

ok...... that is what i thought you were getting at...... just had to make sure

tjbison
02-06-2010, 02:39 AM
on a side note, anyone else see Winks stroll in!!! Wish he was in the uniform last night!!!

The Lost Dutchman
02-06-2010, 03:22 AM
Saul just needs to start playing Nate and Jordan 30 minutes a game at this point. He chose not to redshirt them, so he should expect them to make typical freshman mistakes. I would take either or making a stupid pass or a dumb foul over seniors Josh Vaughn or Pennick missing a layup or forcing up a terrible shot. At this point Saul has nothing to lose except for gaining valuable experience for the freshman for years to come.

Mr. Burgundy
02-06-2010, 01:15 PM
Felt is a great person with a great attitude. Don't spread BS rumors about him laughing on the bench. Families read this. He comes from a first class family and basketball is life to that young man. It is killing him to not play. We are lucky to have that kid in the program. He was just hitting his stride prior to this injury. Period. End of that discussion.

The kids that are being added to the team next year would beat this current team.

Play Aaberg and Goose. Please. They are very good big men. Goose is very solid on both ends and Aaberg is so long he bothers more shots than he actually blocks. GO BIG for ONCE.

Pennick is going to be the first player in Bison history to break a backboard. He won't be dunking either. Missing layups at this level is crushing.

Can't wait for next year when we have more athletes. Lets rally around this team and hope they finish strong and shock the Summit tourney. These kids have given it their all this season. Expect a great performance tonight.

sambini
02-06-2010, 01:22 PM
Felt is a great person with a great attitude. Don't spread BS rumors about him laughing on the bench. Families read this. He comes from a first class family and basketball is life to that young man. It is killing him to not play. We are lucky to have that kid in the program. He was just hitting his stride prior to this injury. Period. End of that discussion.

The kids that are being added to the team next year would beat this current team.

Play Aaberg and Goose. Please. They are very good big men. Goose is very solid on both ends and Aaberg is so long he bothers more shots than he actually blocks. GO BIG for ONCE.

Pennick is going to be the first player in Bison history to break a backboard. He won't be dunking either. Missing layups at this level is crushing.

Can't wait for next year when we have more athletes. Lets rally around this team and hope they finish strong and shock the Summit tourney. These kids have given it their all this season. Expect a great performance tonight.
Well said Mr.B +++++++++

TheDoctor
02-06-2010, 06:04 PM
I was frustrated as a fan and for the team after that game. I should know better to post right away after that. We've all been there before. I apologize if my post insinuated anything beyond the isolated instances of that game and am excited for a Bison victory tonight. If Vaugn's shot drops we go to overtime and it's a whole new ball game. When you graduate 4 seniors of the caliber we did last year, the following season will be a learning experience for any team. We are ultimately playing the whole season for seeding in the Summit League tourney and then it's anyone's game. I have all the confidence in our coaching staff and know come tourney time we will get everything this team has from them. Go Bison! ;)

Kermit
02-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Saul just needs to start playing Nate and Jordan 30 minutes a game at this point. He chose not to redshirt them, so he should expect them to make typical freshman mistakes. I would take either or making a stupid pass or a dumb foul over seniors Josh Vaughn or Pennick missing a layup or forcing up a terrible shot. At this point Saul has nothing to lose except for gaining valuable experience for the freshman for years to come.

We had similar discussions here during football season. You do make some very good points. The bottom line is that the coaching staff is never going to throw in the towel. They are going to do everything they can to win every game. Right now, they think the upper classmen give us the best chance to win. The difference between basketball and football is that the basketball team STILL has a shot at the NCAA tournament if they could miraculously string together 3 wins in Sioux Falls.

SlickVic
02-06-2010, 06:50 PM
i find it funny you fools suddenly are all about the goose and how great he is when most of you wouldnt even give moorman a chance and he started for four years...its easy to sit and second guess saul i understand that but really what were aaberg and goose going to do defensively against KC guarding people 15-20 feet away from the basket? i dont know pennick on a personal level dont know his family dont really care to know his family regardless if there a good family who likes to hunt and fish or not but any player who has the ten commandments tattoed to his arm is A ok in my book...yeah he misses lay ups and yeah he cant make free throws but he brings a lot more to the floor than zastrow and lundberg combined...ill take a missed lay up over turnovers and stupid shots all day every day...lol srsly...you cant have it both ways if you want aaberg to play soley for the purpose of altering a few shots which it appears at this stage of the game is the only thing hes proven capable of over a player like pennick who night in and night out is going to shut people down defensively get good looks in the painted area run the offense create good shots draw fouls and get to the foul line ect ect i disagree with that...you fools can critisize the role player all you want but ultimatley mike tweet should step up to the summit...he needs to demand the ball down the stretch during these all too frequent offensive scoring droughts...i mean grow a pair and play with your back to the basket buddy...i think that if 23 went to the post every possesion during the final 5 minutes we win that game and the fort wayne game by double digits no doubt about it...opponents would have no choice but double team him down there and that leaves 3 guarding 4 on the rest of the floor...i can 100% guarentee you we score more than 0 points playing 4 on 3 basketball come clutch time...basketballs a game of mismatch and mike tweets nothing but a mismatch for basically any body in this league...im sick of him dissapearing down the stretch and in my humble opinion hes whats cost us these last 2 home games

Tatanka
02-06-2010, 07:14 PM
i find it funny you fools suddenly are all about the goose and how great he is when most of you wouldnt even give moorman a chance and he started for four years...its easy to sit and second guess saul i understand that but really what were aaberg and goose going to do defensively against KC guarding people 15-20 feet away from the basket? i dont know pennick on a personal level dont know his family dont really care to know his family regardless if there a good family who likes to hunt and fish or not but any player who has the ten commandments tattoed to his arm is A ok in my book...yeah he misses lay ups and yeah he cant make free throws but he brings a lot more to the floor than zastrow and lundberg combined...ill take a missed lay up over turnovers and stupid shots all day every day...lol srsly...you cant have it both ways if you want aaberg to play soley for the purpose of altering a few shots which it appears at this stage of the game is the only thing hes proven capable of over a player like pennick who night in and night out is going to shut people down defensively get good looks in the painted area run the offense create good shots draw fouls and get to the foul line ect ect i disagree with that...you fools can critisize the role player all you want but ultimatley mike tweet should step up to the summit...he needs to demand the ball down the stretch during these all too frequent offensive scoring droughts...i mean grow a pair and play with your back to the basket buddy...i think that if 23 went to the post every possesion during the final 5 minutes we win that game and the fort wayne game by double digits no doubt about it...opponents would have no choice but double team him down there and that leaves 3 guarding 4 on the rest of the floor...i can 100% guarentee you we score more than 0 points playing 4 on 3 basketball come clutch time...basketballs a game of mismatch and mike tweets nothing but a mismatch for basically any body in this league...im sick of him dissapearing down the stretch and in my humble opinion hes whats cost us these last 2 home games

Hard to argue with Slick here, and only partially due to the lack of capitalization. ;)

ndsubison1
02-06-2010, 07:38 PM

You also forgot Lundbergs two turnovers and Pennicks missed lay-ups. We cant depend on Tveidt and even Carlson the whole damn game. Somebody else needs to step up. There were times when Tveidt was flashing and coming off screens and we didnt get him the ball down the stretch. Pennicks botched lay-ups and dumb shots are pretty much the same thing as turnovers. Tveidt is always going to be the focal point of opposing defenses. He is basically the only person that is going to be guarded tight the whole game. I agree that most games we will need him to step up his game but you cant expect it every game. We need somebody else to get it done. Aaberg and Goose show that they can be those guys, they just dont always get the appropriate PT IMO.

TheDoctor
02-06-2010, 07:51 PM
I will be the first to say I have been hard on Pennick, but he does play his heart out out there and I can appreciate that. The missed layups are definitely frustrating. Don't spread rumors about him being the first player in Bison history to break a backboard laying up the ball. Families read this. He comes from a family that supports him at EVERY basketball game. Period. End of that discussion. ;)

Twentysix
02-08-2010, 05:12 PM
Yeh pennick has come along way. He would probably be a way better player if he didnt have to ride the pine for 4 years.

He is a great D1 Defender.