PDA

View Full Version : UND vs SDSU vs NDSU recruiting

AKBison
02-03-2010, 08:58 PM
Listened to Bohl's press conference and it is hard to figure. Every coach at every school goes off about their latest recruiting class. Fan's then talk about the virtues of their latest class. So basically, it is hard to read UND or SDSU's message board to gauge how they did. Is there anyone who can lay it out for me? How did we do compared to our regional FCS schools. This really isn't UND smack as I am curious. Did we offer anybody that turned us down and went to either of these schools.

JacksFan06
02-03-2010, 09:30 PM
Just off the top of my head I can update with SDSU's recruits:

Recruits that SDSU had offered:
ATH Dudzik - NDSU
WR McGill - UND (SDSU wanted him for CB)

recruits that SDSU had interest in or recruited:
WR Gebhart -NDSU
WR Vraa - NDSU
S Heagle - NDSU
OL Turner - NDSU
TE Grant - UND

SDSU recruits that had offers from NDSU or UND:
WR - Dom Wright - NDSU
WR - Jason Schneider - UND
P - Ethan Sawyer - UND

SDSU recruits that had interest from NDSU or UND:
QB - Austin Sumner NDSU, UND
RB - Zach Zenner UND
WR - Jason Schneider NDSU, UND

Not trying to bring up smack talk, just giving an honest account based on memory of what I've read. I'm sure there are other players as well and it's kind of hard to gage what "interest" is. (could be a brochure for all we know)

NDSUstudent
02-03-2010, 09:37 PM
NDSU recruits with UND offers....
Ryan Smith
Grant Olson
Zach Vraa
Esley Thorton
Trevor Gebhart
Jesse Hinz
Billy Turner

UND recruits with NDSU offers...

That was fun...

MNLonghorn10
02-03-2010, 10:15 PM
Ryan Smith
Grant Olson
Zach Vraa
Esley Thorton
Trevor Gebhart
Jesse Hinz
Billy Turner

That was fun...
haha.

its hockey season..who cares!
/sue fan

devin45k
02-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Ryan Smith
Grant Olson
Zach Vraa
Esley Thorton
Trevor Gebhart
Jesse Hinz
Billy Turner

That was fun...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahha....................... ............ha

Tatanka
02-03-2010, 11:10 PM

ATH Dudzik - NDSU

WR Gebhart -NDSU
WR Vraa - NDSU
S Heagle - NDSU
OL Turner - NDSU
TE Grant - UND

WR - Dom Wright - NDSU
P - Ethan Sawyer - UND

RB - Zach Zenner UND

Not trying to bring up smack talk, just giving an honest account based on memory of what I've read. I'm sure there are other players as well and it's kind of hard to gage what "interest" is. (could be a brochure for all we know)

Do you have a link for Dom Wright? I don't recall seeing him on any of our lists. No smack intended.

Kemo
02-03-2010, 11:29 PM
Do you have a link for Dom Wright? I don't recall seeing him on any of our lists. No smack intended.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckPersona&U=69144e41448a46579a2772abd68f472c&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckUserId=69144e41448a46579a2772abd68f472c&plckPostId=Blog%3a69144e41448a46579a2772abd68f472c Post%3a3b27949c-5b02-4604-a5df-7b1eb0a7deae&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest

Tatanka
02-04-2010, 12:26 AM
Score one for Coach Stig.

tony
02-04-2010, 12:40 AM
Score one for Coach Stig.

Meh, it's on a blog that was also saying that NDSU was having verbals reneged left and right too (oops!)

Anyway, it's pretty easy for a Missouri guy to mistake NDSU with UND or NDSCS*. If NDSU did offer Wright, I wonder what the connection was because NDSU has never recruited in that area.

* Present company excepted.

Tatanka
02-04-2010, 12:51 AM
Meh, it's on a blog that was also saying that NDSU was having verbals reneged left and right too (oops!)

Anyway, it's pretty easy for a Missouri guy to mistake NDSU with UND or NDSCS*. If NDSU did offer Wright, I wonder what the connection was because NDSU has never recruited in that area.

* Present company excepted.

No offense taken. :D

heckler
02-04-2010, 03:48 AM
If we are comparing ourselves to Und we have fallen far they are a none factor in my opinion. They piggy backed all our recruits.

CaBisonFan
02-04-2010, 03:51 AM
Ryan Smith
Grant Olson
Zach Vraa
Esley Thorton
Trevor Gebhart
Jesse Hinz
Billy Turner

That was fun...

Yeah...but UND has a great footb....."oooooo...look at the puck!"

NDSUstudent
02-04-2010, 04:19 AM
If we are comparing ourselves to Und we have fallen far they are a none factor in my opinion. They piggy backed all our recruits.

We are talking about going 7-0 against UND, this isn't comparing it is dominating.

But if you want a more in depth breakdown...this is not a comprehensive list, it is just the offers I could piece together(only DI offers)....

FBS
MWC
Wyoming(Olson)
Air Force(Vraa)

MAC
Ohio(Hinz)

Independent
Army(Olson)

Big Sky
NAU(Hudson. Allen[if he really does sign])
Montana(Allen)

Big South
Stony Brook(Hudson)

MVC
Illinois State(Turner)
UNI(Turner, Littlejohn, Pomerenke)
SDSU(Dudzik)

Great West
UND(Gebhart, Smith, Vraa, Olson, Turner, Thorton, Hinz)
USD(Anderson, Smith, Turner, Heagle, Gebhart, Pomerenke)

SamsRams
02-04-2010, 04:19 AM

ATH Dudzik - NDSU

WR Gebhart -NDSU
WR Vraa - NDSU
S Heagle - NDSU
OL Turner - NDSU
TE Grant - UND

WR - Dom Wright - NDSU
P - Ethan Sawyer - UND

RB - Zach Zenner UND

Thanks for this list, i find it interesting!!

SamsRams
02-04-2010, 04:35 AM
http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckPersona&U=69144e41448a46579a2772abd68f472c&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckUserId=69144e41448a46579a2772abd68f472c&plckPostId=Blog%3a69144e41448a46579a2772abd68f472c Post%3a3b27949c-5b02-4604-a5df-7b1eb0a7deae&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest

No offense to anyone, but I am glad we are not recruiting players based on their religious beliefs.

Wright said that USD, Northern Iowa, North Dakota State and Southern Illinois also made offers. His reason for choosing SDSU went beyond football.
"We're real big Christians, me and my family, and Coach Stig is a great guy," he said, "and Coach Bubak has been recruiting me for like two years. On my visit, I really liked it and felt at home."

Faith was also a factor for Auston Leblance, a 6-3, 230-pound defensive end from University Academy.

BadlandsBison
02-04-2010, 04:50 AM
No offense to anyone, but I am glad we are not recruiting players based on their religious beliefs.

Wright said that USD, Northern Iowa, North Dakota State and Southern Illinois also made offers. His reason for choosing SDSU went beyond football.
"We're real big Christians, me and my family, and Coach Stig is a great guy," he said, "and Coach Bubak has been recruiting me for like two years. On my visit, I really liked it and felt at home."

Faith was also a factor for Auston Leblance, a 6-3, 230-pound defensive end from University Academy.

Well thats better then the Colorado recruits who had players bring them to a strip club while visiting campus.

I think that was colorado anyways.

SamsRams
02-04-2010, 05:01 AM
Well thats better then the Colorado recruits who had players bring them to a strip club while visiting campus.

I think that was colorado anyways.

I will venture a guess you never went on a recruiting trip.
Are you stating that it is morally wrong to go to a strip club?? Or was this a 21 only strip club and there were laws broken. either way I dont see any correlation to what I was talking about.

EndZoneQB
02-04-2010, 05:02 AM

I disagree, I think it's quite the contrary. Who cares if they go to a strip club if they are 18 years old. Might as well see if the kid can handle the "temptations" like an adult...

BadlandsBison
02-04-2010, 05:09 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/big12/2004-02-07-colorado-suspensions_x.htm

Well, I don't think taking a recruit to a strip club should be "smiled upon" but to each his own.

SamsRams
02-04-2010, 05:18 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/big12/2004-02-07-colorado-suspensions_x.htm

Well, I don't think taking a recruit to a strip club should be "smiled upon" but to each his own.

Wow we are getting off topic here and I apologize, but who the heck cares? This was an 18+ strip club and no alcohol was consumed, I can only venture a guess that the recruits were not 18 yet. But if they were and it is deemed wrong, where does it stop? Can you take them to a place to get a good burger even if it is unhealthy?? Can you talk to a recruit about your favorite TV show if it is not aired on the college station? Can you play Grand Theft Auto with them??
Believe it or not, most people go to college to grow up while having fun. If a recruit is interested in girls, you introduce him to girls and they might dance on a pole. If they like Jesus, then you take him to a church. Not vice versa!!

BadlandsBison
02-04-2010, 05:25 AM
Wow we are getting off topic here and I apologize, but who the heck cares? This was an 18+ strip club and no alcohol was consumed, I can only venture a guess that the recruits were not 18 yet. But if they were and it is deemed wrong, where does it stop? Can you take them to a place to get a good burger even if it is unhealthy?? Can you talk to a recruit about your favorite TV show if it is not aired on the college station? Can you play Grand Theft Auto with them??
Believe it or not, most people go to college to grow up while having fun. If a recruit is interested in girls, you introduce him to girls and they might dance on a pole. If they like Jesus, then you take him to a church. Not vice versa!!

I'll tell you where it stops. Bringing football recruits to a hockey game!

...uh oh.

That being said, I truly believe NDSU has a better recruiting class than "any other" D1 football program in the state:D

SamsRams
02-04-2010, 05:38 AM
I'll tell you where it stops. Bringing football recruits to a hockey game!

...uh oh.

That being said, I truly believe NDSU has a better recruiting class than any other "football program" in the state:D

Fixed it for ya and I agree 100 percent!!

IzzyFlexion
02-04-2010, 02:41 PM

You're God Dom Wright he does!!
Sorry. I'm sure that kid's heard every silly variation of that joke imaginable. :hide:

bisonhusker
02-04-2010, 04:41 PM
Random thoughts on recruiting/signing day:

We killed the region. UND took our scraps. PERIOD. Not arguable.
UND took a ton of kids from out of region. We all know how that turns out. They should have seen our problems.

My favorite kids? The 8 that said NO to UND. The 2 from Sioux Falls that took our offer before waiting for Stig. The 17 kids that went to our camp!!!

The lineman? Most athletic that we have signed. Different level size. Huge kids that can really move. Video's were amazing.

Skill position? Yep. We killed it.

Speed? Yep. We got it.

ND kids look great. Going to be fun to follow how the staff is able to make these kids into winners. We are currently 0-0 with back to back terrific classes.

Linebackers: 6 of them. Most were HS running backs as well. Again, these are athletes! I am really excited about these kids. They want contact.

BisonNeil
02-04-2010, 05:34 PM

UND took a ton of kids from out of region. We all know how that turns out. They should have seen our problems.

My favorite kids? The 8 that said NO to UND. The 2 from Sioux Falls that took our offer before waiting for Stig. The 17 kids that went to our camp!!!

The lineman? Most athletic that we have signed. Different level size. Huge kids that can really move. Video's were amazing.

Speed? Yep. We got it.

ND kids look great. Going to be fun to follow how the staff is able to make these kids into winners. We are currently 0-0 with back to back terrific classes.

Linebackers: 6 of them. Most were HS running backs as well. Again, these are athletes! I am really excited about these kids. They want contact.

Damn bh, I just got goosebumps reading this!

heckler
02-04-2010, 05:38 PM

Speed? Yep. We got it.

I think we will be better set for defending the spread

Bison"FANatic"
02-04-2010, 06:41 PM
I guess we found out the answer to if the Jacks would change their ways with recruiting.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20100204/SPORTS0202/2040332/1002/sports

runtheoption
02-04-2010, 06:44 PM
I don't know if there was a head to head recruiting battle on him, but one guy I would have liked NDSU to get is Jake Miller, who signed with UND. He was Thorton's teammate at Bismarck. That was quite a dominant backfield.

I'll take Ryan Smith over Miller at RB, but Miller seems to be another of those really good athletes that could fit into either a RB/Slot Rec./DB role. Would I replace someone else in this class with Miller? No. But athletes like him find their way onto the field early in their careers.

stevdock
02-04-2010, 07:19 PM
I think we will be better set for defending the spread

Only if we have a better scheme and better execution by the players. They can be as fast and as big as they want, but if they aren't in the right position or doing the wrong thing every time, then we will still get run over.

Notorious
02-04-2010, 07:25 PM
I don't know if there was a head to head recruiting battle on him, but one guy I would have liked NDSU to get is Jake Miller, who signed with UND. He was Thorton's teammate at Bismarck. That was quite a dominant backfield.

I'll take Ryan Smith over Miller at RB, but Miller seems to be another of those really good athletes that could fit into either a RB/Slot Rec./DB role. Would I replace someone else in this class with Miller? No. But athletes like him find their way onto the field early in their careers.

Excellent post....unfortunatley, at a certain point, there is no available sholarships, and you just have to pass. Also, I would guess Miller liked how things turned out for Dressler and that maybe pushed him to und. Finally, Bismarck is kind of a und town for some unknown reason...

Bison"FANatic"
02-04-2010, 07:40 PM
If I remember right it was reported we offered him a walkon spot.

56BISON73
02-04-2010, 07:43 PM

Thats right!!! Why take him to a strip club where they will only tease him when you can hook him up with a college babe and he can actually get laid. :D

runtheoption
02-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Bismarck is kind of a und town for some unknown reason...

I've never understood why Bismarck is like this.

Twentysix
02-04-2010, 08:46 PM
Probably has something to do with Imperial cass and UND not being located in Imperial cass.

Bison Dan
02-04-2010, 09:02 PM
Probably has something to do with Imperial cass and UND not being located in Imperial cass.

Bismarck is a government town and where do we train our in state lawyers?

aces1180
02-04-2010, 09:08 PM
Everytime I go to BWW in Bismarck and there is a Sioux hockey game on the TV, I cheer whenever the opponent scores.

I get a lot of dirty looks, but nobody seems to want to step up and say something. ;)

Twentysix
02-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Bismarck is a government town and where do we train our in state lawyers?

If i ventured a guess i would approximate 1-3% of bismarcks population is involved directly in the ND government/employed by the capital. I would guess that probably isn't why, but could be a contributing factor.

I am also from the bismarck area and can't say I personally know anyone who works there.

TateMosersneighbor
02-05-2010, 05:59 PM
You're God Dom Wright he does!!
Sorry. I'm sure that kid's heard every silly variation of that joke imaginable. :hide:

That was the funniest thing I've read on here ever...or at least this week.

coloradobison
02-05-2010, 06:17 PM
maybe we can start getting verbals from 13 year olds like USC did .... http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=4888515

ndsubison1
02-06-2010, 04:38 AM
Everytime I go to BWW in Bismarck and there is a Sioux hockey game on the TV, I cheer whenever the opponent scores.

I get a lot of dirty looks, but nobody seems to want to step up and say something. ;)

I do the same thing too! I was cheering for Ohio State and was actually with some UND buddies of mine and they were laughing their asses off haha