PDA

View Full Version : Official Signings

Mr. Burgundy
02-03-2010, 11:58 AM
New thread when we find out these kids have made it official. Hopefully the press is at the Fargodome offices with donuts and coffee and checking the fax machine for us.

NDSUFan_Sav
02-03-2010, 02:32 PM
New thread when we find out these kids have made it official. Hopefully the press is at the Fargodome offices with donuts and coffee and checking the fax machine for us.

you so couldn't sleep last night, I think last year they started coming in a little later if I remember right. Hopefully everyone works out and signs today!

Hambone
02-03-2010, 02:36 PM
So, is there anywhere that has a live update of signings? Pretty quiet around here.

Bison"FANatic"
02-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Not usually until the press conference.:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

Hambone
02-03-2010, 02:41 PM
Not usually until the press conference.:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:
Well that kinda sucks.....I love sitting there watching them come in one by one, waiting for maybe the one or two big surprises......I feel for you guys, considering how hard core you are.....

KCHerd
02-03-2010, 02:48 PM
The word is that Christian Dudzik has signed

aces1180
02-03-2010, 02:51 PM
Seantrel Henderson is NOT going to be a Bison. ;)

aces1180
02-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Well that kinda sucks.....I love sitting there watching them come in one by one, waiting for maybe the one or two big surprises......I feel for you guys, considering how hard core you are.....

It's too bad that they don't use Twitter for announcing signings...I know Jeff Schwartz does a great job using it for women's basketball games, so one would think Twitter could be a decent and real-time option.

Siouxfallsbison
02-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Trevor Gebhart's Letter of Intent should be in Bohl's hands right now. Had a signing party this morning with 8 Washington Warriors signing their NLI.:bow:

bisonhusker
02-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Wish Kolpack would do something live. 2 articles a week.

Greenie
02-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Terry V posts the signings in real-time for SDSU

DjKyRo
02-03-2010, 02:59 PM
So Dudzik and Gebhart this far? Sweet! Welcome to BisonNation gentlemen!

BISONFAN31
02-03-2010, 03:00 PM
Billy Turner

aces1180
02-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Terry V posts the signings in real-time for SDSU

He just said that SDSU let him do it...My guess is NDSU wants to have the big "payoff" with press conference...Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

roadwarrior
02-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Trevor Gebhart's Letter of Intent should be in Bohl's hands right now. Had a signing party this morning with 8 Washington Warriors signing their NLI.:bow:

Thanks for the inside info! And welcome to the Bison family.

bisonmike2
02-03-2010, 03:07 PM
P-Mack on the PA show erroneously reported that Vraa was going to Northern Iowa. :banghead: Obviously just repeating what was reported by the Pioneer Press.

onbison09
02-03-2010, 03:28 PM
We need this http://deadspin.com/5463180/alabama-fax-machine-replaces-memphis-door-as-inanimate-symbol-of-existential-dread

IzzyFlexion
02-03-2010, 03:29 PM
P-Mack on the PA show erroneously reported that Vraa was going to Northern Iowa. :banghead: Obviously just repeating what was reported by the Pioneer Press.

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quick......somebody start another Vraa to UNI panic thread!:)

NDSUmulligan
02-03-2010, 04:17 PM
Grant Olson tweeted "It's official, Go Bison!"

17>1
02-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Ha...nice. Go Bison is right!!!

SDbison
02-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Welcome to the Bison family Trevor, including his dad and the rest of the family! Great to have another outstanding football player from the Sioux Falls area join the Bison (hopefully one more will also sign later today).
Look forward to seeing Trevor on the field. Hope he accomplishes great things both athletically and academically! :)

THEsocalledfan
02-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Welcome to the Bison family Trevor, including his dad and the rest of the family! Great to have another outstanding football player from the Sioux Falls area join the Bison (hopefully one more will also sign later today).
Look forward to seeing Trevor on the field. Hope he accomplishes great things both athletically and academically! :)

SD, got the Argus this AM and they were bragging about that QB SDSU signed. Is he any good? I have trouble believing a SD QB is that good (for the same reason I tend to bad mouth ND skill players.....)

Wacker_in_the_Hall
02-03-2010, 06:55 PM
SD, got the Argus this AM and they were bragging about that QB SDSU signed. Is he any good? I have trouble believing a SD QB is that good (for the same reason I tend to bad mouth ND skill players.....)

My brother has children at Brandon High School, where Austin is from. He is tall 6-4 or 6-5 and has a great arm. He is athletic, and most important a good kid. Bunnies got a good one here

DjKyRo
02-03-2010, 06:56 PM
My brother has children at Brandon High School, where Austin is from. He is tall 6-4 or 6-5 and has a great arm. He is athletic, and most important a good kid. Bunnies got a good one here

There were a few articles on him breaking a bunch of South Dakota HS records too. People were going nuts over his footwork which he apparently worked on while he had a broken arm, which understandably put him "under the radar" for bigger schools. I'll try to dig up an article I read.

A few a quick google search yielded:

Junior: http://www.ksfy.com/sports/headlines/34128624.html
Senior: http://coachesaid.com/Article/2009/9/29/South-Dakotas-Best-Austin-Sumner-Brandon-Valley

Pretty solid recruit from the sound of it.

Siouxfallsbison
02-03-2010, 06:57 PM
Austin is a good QB. He was waiting for an offer from a FBS school, but he had shoulder surgery last spring and it hurt his chances. He will do great things for SDSU.

cvbison1
02-03-2010, 07:02 PM
Austin is a good QB. He was waiting for an offer from a FBS school, but he had shoulder surgery last spring and it hurt his chances. He will do great things for SDSU.

sdsu will be back to mediocre after this season.

Grizzled
02-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Less than an hour until press conference!!!!!!!!!!!

Trainer
02-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Photos from Totino Grace... (aka. John Crockett)
http://www.startribune.com/sports/preps/83465832.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUo8cyaiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:a UU

JacksFan06
02-03-2010, 07:19 PM

Keep hoping. Barring injury, SDSU will be just as good as they were last year.

Also, QB Sumner 6'5, 215 and is #78 in total passing yards in high school history. Not just SD history, but national highs school history. #79 on the list is Peyton Manning.

NDSUstudent
02-03-2010, 07:23 PM

I'm sure that is true, but I'm looking at your schedule and it does make last year look like a cakewalk for the Jacks. Heck, you could easily be a better team but end up having a record the is worse.

cvbison1
02-03-2010, 07:26 PM

Also, QB Sumner 6'5, 215 and is #78 in total passing yards in high school history. Not just SD history, but national highs school history. #79 on the list is Peyton Manning.

is that why he only had one offer??

WRSDBison
02-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Seantrel Henderson is NOT going to be a Bison. ;)

When the hell did he eliminate us? Last I heard it was between U$C, tOSU, and NDSU. I guess I can go back to depression mode.:hide:

aces1180
02-03-2010, 07:33 PM
When the hell did he eliminate us? Last I heard it was between U$C, tOSU, and NDSU. I guess I can go back to depression mode.:hide:

I think the elimination was determined after his 8th grade year.

bisonmike2
02-03-2010, 07:34 PM

I'm sure the kid is talented, but racking up yardage against SD high school defenses isn't as impressive as you make it sound. Peyton Manning playing in SD would have been number one by the end of his 8th grade year.

JacksFan06
02-03-2010, 07:40 PM
I'm sure the kid is talented, but racking up yardage against SD high school defenses isn't as impressive as you make it sound. Peyton Manning playing in SD would have been number one by the end of his 8th grade year.

Completely agree that the competition isn't the same as it would be in New Orleans or some other metro area.

None the less, he's the best high school QB to come out of SD and I'm looking forward to watching Thornton and Sumner battle it out in the future and like that they are both home state kids.

SDbison
02-03-2010, 07:59 PM
Bunnies will very likely be 6-5 next year. Chance at 7-4 on good side or 5-6 on bad side.
They will lose to NDSU, SIU, UNI and get killed by Nebraska. Also one other toss up loss.

Hansel
02-03-2010, 08:02 PM
Completely agree that the competition isn't the same as it would be in New Orleans or some other metro area.

None the less, he's the best high school QB to come out of SD and I'm looking forward to watching Thornton and Sumner battle it out in the future and like that they are both home state kids.

Better than Heupel (sp?)?

met1990
02-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Michael Murhpy long snapper from Cali?

HandoEX
02-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Michael Murphy, a LS out of California was added according to Bohl on the presser. Hadn't heard his name before.

SDbison
02-03-2010, 08:12 PM
No stinkin kicker.......tell me I missed somethin.........

Bison"FANatic"
02-03-2010, 08:13 PM
no they sign late a lot of the time. They explain it pretty well on the bison media blog. Different deal recruiting kickers

SDbison
02-03-2010, 08:15 PM
no they sign late a lot of the time. They explain it pretty well on the bison media blog. Different deal recruiting kickers
Doesn't make me feel any better..................

bisonmike2
02-03-2010, 08:17 PM

I agree. And for the record I wanted NDSU to go after that kid from Sisseton last year. So I'm trying to bash SD QB talent.

JacksFan06
02-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Better than Heupel (sp?)?

Better high school stats than Heupel since Sumner holds all the records, but he'd have to turn out to be a pretty good college player to compare with Heupel since he was a Heisman nominee. I'll settle for a future Payton Award Nominee though.

My thoughts on upcoming SDSU season: 7-4 with losses @Delaware, @Nebraska, @SIU and one other throw-in loss (UNI, IL ST, NDSU)

Anybody else think UNI will be down next year? They lost a bunch of seniors.

Bison"FANatic"
02-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Doesn't make me feel any better..................

Me either but give it a week.

bisonmike2
02-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Better high school stats than Heupel since Sumner holds all the records, but he'd have to turn out to be a pretty good college player to compare with Heupel since he was a Heisman nominee. I'll settle for a future Payton Award Nominee though.

My thoughts on upcoming SDSU season: 7-4 with losses @Delaware, @Nebraska, @SIU and one other throw-in loss (UNI, IL ST, NDSU)

Anybody else think UNI will be down next year? They lost a bunch of seniors.

Heupel didn't have the stats because he had to go against a vaunted Watertown Arrow defense that I was a part of.:D

NDSUstudent
02-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Bohl is really excited about this class, said a few players might be lining up against kansas, and would be very surprised if they didn't make a big impact down the road.

SDbison
02-03-2010, 08:27 PM
Bunnies will very likely be 6-5 next year. Chance at 7-4 on good side or 5-6 on bad side.
They will lose to NDSU, SIU, UNI and get killed by Nebraska. Also one other toss up loss.
Oh yeah JacksFan just reminded me what SDSU's other loss will be......Delaware.
If the Jacks really think they are going to beat NDSU in Fargo they are badly mistaken. Lots of tough road games for SDSU next year. I don't think they are that solid and lots of lost players from last years team.

ndsubison1
02-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Oh yeah JacksFan just reminded me what SDSU's other loss will be......Delaware.
If the Jacks really think they are going to beat NDSU in Fargo they are badly mistaken. Lots of tough road games for SDSU next year. I don't think they are that solid and lots of losses from last years team.

I agree. No way SDSU wins two games in a row in Fargo

Notorious
02-03-2010, 08:33 PM
The "communication/information age" and especially the internets make this day kind of anti-climactic...no surprises....?

johnson
02-03-2010, 08:37 PM
I agree. No way SDSU wins two games in a row in Fargo
I remember saying they would never win three in a row.

ndsubison1
02-03-2010, 08:44 PM
I remember saying they would never win three in a row.

2 of those were in Brookings.

roadwarrior
02-03-2010, 08:47 PM
I'm anxious to see the highlights this evening!

SDbison
02-03-2010, 08:49 PM
I'm anxious to see the highlights this evening!
Somebody get a copy of the highlights and put it on youtube!

SDbison
02-03-2010, 08:52 PM
Only the last one was a clear win for the Jacks. Their flash in the pan is done.

MNLonghorn10
02-03-2010, 09:20 PM

one of them was while the bison were like #1 in the nation.

MNLonghorn10
02-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Only the last one was a clear win for the Jacks. Their flash in the pan is done.

ugh, i like you and everything sd...but these comments have a good chance at biting you in the ass:hide:

ndsubison1
02-03-2010, 09:34 PM
Seantrel Henderson signed with USC

Grizzled
02-03-2010, 09:34 PM

We never offered:D

ndsubison1
02-03-2010, 09:37 PM
We never offered:D

What was Bohl thinking? ;)

bisonmike2
02-03-2010, 09:39 PM

enjoy NCAA probation your sophomore through senior year Seantrel. Not that I care either way.

DjKyRo
02-03-2010, 09:41 PM
enjoy NCAA probation your sophomore through senior year Seantrel. Not that I care either way.

At least he'll get a new car out of it. :nod:

rutlandbison
02-03-2010, 09:42 PM
So whats up with Allen from AZ?

SDbison
02-03-2010, 09:45 PM
ugh, i like you and everything sd...but these comments have a good chance at biting you in the ass:hide:
Bring it on! I guess you have to put everything in perspective.......NDSU slipped up for a bit and SDSU had their time in the sun. Now it's time to return to normalcy.......SDSU mediocre and losing to NDSU most of the time and NDSU back to winning records and post season play!

Wacker_in_the_Hall
02-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Bohl is really excited about this class, said a few players might be lining up against kansas, and would be very surprised if they didn't make a big impact down the road.

I hope we have none of these incoming freshmen on the field this year. Redshirt them all!!

SDbison
02-03-2010, 09:57 PM
I hope we have none of these incoming freshmen on the field. Redshirt them all!!
I thinks a few of these guys are good enoughto play right away and we need them. Just like some of the FBS ands top FCS teams do. No reason to have a mediocre season if a few of these kids can help NDSU have a very good record and make it into the playoffs!

Wacker_in_the_Hall
02-03-2010, 10:00 PM
I thinks a few of these guys are good enoughto play right away and we need them. Just like some of the FBS ands top FCS teams do. No reason to have a mediocre season if a few of these kids can help NDSU have a very good record and make it into the playoffs!

The point is they will help us more as 5th year seniors, than as a wide eyed freshman. In my eyes we had too many playing this year and it cost us

DjKyRo
02-03-2010, 10:02 PM
The point is they will help us more as 5th year seniors, than as a wide eyed freshman. In my eyes we had too many playing this year and it cost us

To quote Hallstrom (or possibly Kolpack, it was on the BMB): "Playing a true freshman is trading their best year of football for their worst."

Obviously if we really need a position filled and have a talented freshman to fill it it's a necessary evil, but looking at it in the light mentioned above it's a tough break to not redshirt some of the better guys.

ndsubison1
02-03-2010, 10:05 PM
I like to see it as if an incoming freshman can make an immediate impact then you play them. Mike Sigers was one last year. I agree that at the FCS level you will not see as many freshman being able to come in right away and play from day 1. Unless there are one or two guys in this class that can make an impact they should play. Other than that, all should redshirt.

CivilBison96
02-03-2010, 10:08 PM

Maybe not so much for the top FCS schools but I would think that the thought process in the FBS schools playing true freshman is that if they are good enough to play as true freshman they have enough talent to enter the NFL draft when they are eligible. When they enter the draft as underclassman they are not losing the 5th year so there is no benefit to these schools to redshirt these talented freshman. At the FCS level I am sure there are some that are talented enough to contribute immediately however I think long term success can by gaged by the more freshman that have redshirt and get that 5th year the better off we will be!!

SDbison
02-03-2010, 10:10 PM
To quote Hallstrom (or possibly Kolpack, it was on the BMB): "Playing a true freshman is trading their best year of football for their worst."

Obviously if we really need a position filled and have a talented freshman to fill it it's a necessary evil, but looking at it in the light mentioned above it's a tough break to not redshirt some of the better guys.
I guess I could quote Bohl from today if I had the exact words.......something like a few of these guys will be playing against Kansas. We are talking a few as in 3 or so. Nothing wrong with that. This assumes they really end up being better players than the current guys at that position. I agree, last year had too many redshirts pulled, but the Bison were injured and low in talent at many positions. Calm down.
Just as a test.......would you rather the Bison be 5-6 next year with no red-shirts pulled or 7-4 with a chance of the playoff with a few key red-shirts pulled. I know where I stand. Some of you, WTF? :confused:

Wacker_in_the_Hall
02-03-2010, 10:10 PM
I like to see it as if an incoming freshman can make an immediate impact then you play them. Mike Sigers was one last year. I agree that at the FCS level you will not see as many freshman being able to come in right away and play from day 1. Unless there are one or two guys in this class that can make an impact then should play. Other than that, all should redshirt.

Running Back is by far the easiest position for a true freshman to make an impact.

coloradobison
02-03-2010, 10:11 PM
Running Back is by far the easiest position for a true freshman to make an impact.

What about special teams? kick, punt, return kicks/punts - alot easier than learning a playbook.

met1990
02-03-2010, 10:13 PM
The Forum provides some in-depth coverage ;)

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/267917/group/home/

DjKyRo
02-03-2010, 10:13 PM
I guess I could quote Bohl from today if I had the exact words.......something like a few of these guys will be playing against Kansas. We are talking a few as in 3 or so. Nothing wrong with that. This assumes they really end up being better players than the current guys at that position. I agree, last year had too many redshirts pulled, but the Bison were injured and low in talent at many positions. Calm down.
Just as a test.......would you rather the Bison be 5-6 next year with no red-shirts pulled or 7-4 with a chance of the playoff with a few key red-shirts pulled. I know where I stand. Some of you, WTF? :confused:

Like I said and Ming said also - if a player can make an impact, play them. If a team playing freshmen can be 7-4 with freshmen, it's not impossible to think those same freshman could g0 8-3, 9-2 + in what would be their redshirt senior year.

I'm not saying I approve or disapprove of playing freshmen if they can contribute - we're thin at a few positions that we got good recruits in, and that's awesome.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
02-03-2010, 10:18 PM
What about special teams? kick, punt, return kicks/punts - alot easier than learning a playbook.

Highly doubt they would ever pull a kids shirt, just to have him play special teams alone

laniersmith
02-03-2010, 10:19 PM
According to the Arizona Republic Michael Allen is still committed to NDSU.

rutlandbison
02-03-2010, 10:22 PM
According to the Arizona Republic Michael Allen is still committed to NDSU.
Interesting then. Maybe the were having an after school signing thing with his teammates. school would just be getting done in AZ right now.

BisonNeil
02-03-2010, 10:28 PM
Highly doubt they would ever pull a kids shirt, just to have him play special teams alone

Really? Well, that is exactly what he did with Humber, he only played on special teams. He graduated from the same HS as Maresh but they graduated together.

So, this is reality I am afraid in the DI world we currently live in.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
02-03-2010, 10:34 PM
Really? Well, that is exactly what he did with Humber, he only played on special teams. He graduated from the same HS as Maresh but they graduated together.

I am getting old, so Humber never got on the field for anything other than special teams? If that is the case, what a waste of talent.

Grizzled
02-03-2010, 10:36 PM

I agree. While it would be ideal to redshirt them all there is always going to be a few that don't. We are still building our depth. The difference in a few wins last year was the play of our special teams so its very important to get the best team you can out there. Even if it means a kid is giving up a year of elgibility for 5-10 plays a game. If we don't win games, coach Bohl isn't going to be around to enjoy these kids 5th year anyways.

MSUBear42
02-03-2010, 10:57 PM
Hey Bison fans, looks like you have a good class, I just wanted to share ours with ya.

2010 Missouri State Bears Football Signees

Willie White (WR, 6-3, 205, Jr., Kingsland, Ga., Camden County High, Coffeyville [Kan.] Community College) One of the nation's top receiving prospects as a high school senior in 2007, White redshirted his freshman year at Georgia Tech, then suffered a meniscus injury his second season at the Atlanta school. He transferred to Coffeyville (Kan.) Community College in 2009 and broke his wrist in another season-ending injury during 2009 preseason two-a-day practices. He was a three-star recruit out of Camden County (Ga.) High School by YahooSports.com in the class of 2007 with a 4.5 40-yard dash time. He also was a Rivals.com Top 50 receiver prospect (No. 38) and No. 14 overall prospect in Georgia. He had 15 catches for 219 yards and a pair of touchdowns as a prep senior along with 42 tackles and two interceptions as a defensive back.

Out of HS:
No. 14 overall prospect in Georgia (SuperPrep)
No. 17 overall prospect in Georgia (Scout.com)
No. 29 overall prospect in Georgia (Rivals.com)
No. 38 athlete in the nation (Rivals.com)

Noah Ashley (WR, 6-2, 170, Fr., Culver City, Calif., Culver City High) A first-team all-Ocean League receiver his senior year, Ashley collected 39 receptions for 620 yards and 10 touchdowns in 2009 for coach Jahmal Wright. He helped the Centaurs to a 9-2 record his senior season and is also a basketball standout. He was recruited by Idaho and Villanova.

YcwrSQSArvQ

JLtAAFMdEy4

Andrew Beisel (LB, 6-2, 210, Fr., Fenton, Mo., Rockwood Summit High) One of the most-prolific tacklers in the St. Louis area last season, Beisel tallied 155 total stops for the Rockwood Summit Falcons which ranked sixth among all high school players in the metro area. He has a 3.9 grade-point average and claimed first-team all-conference honors as a linebacker and tight end, while earning second-team all-state distinction by the Missouri sportswriters and sportscasters. He also claimed first-team all-district and third-team Post-Dispatch All-Metro honors for coach Mike Belers.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/v228/1387/9/n1297141037_4583.jpg

Sybhrian Berry (CB, 5-9, 175, Fr., Camden, Ark., Fairview High) Part of a the Arkansas Class 5A runners-up at Camden (Ark.) Fairview High in 2009, Berry was an all-state cornerback. He collected 13 interceptions as a senior, including three returned for touchdowns. He is also a noted kick returner and was selected to play in the Arkansas High School All-Star game. The all-conference standout helped coach Buck James' Cardinals to a 10-4 overall record this season.

http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/r/1a/1a3f02975afc7feeaaa1219e0c86996c/172988.jpg
Also has a Rivals video if you have an account.

Joe Burgess (OL, 6-6, 300, Fr., Florissant, Mo., McCluer North High) A three-year starter for coach Jim Schottmueller at McCluer North High, Burgess was rated the No. 23 prospect in the Post-Dispatch Super 30 list after earning first-team All-Metro laurels. He helped the Stars average 301.3 yards per game of total offense and earned all-conference and all-state honors twice. MaxPreps.com named him to the All-Missouri Second Team (all classes) after helping McCluer North claim three straight district titles and a 6-5 record in 2009. He was also had offers from Nebraska and Vandy. Was recruited by K State.

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/75/751810.jpghttp://media.scout.com/media/image/75/751810.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=94741&season=2010&action=login&appRedirect=http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player%3frecruitId%3d94741%26season%3d2010

"Burgess has good height and weight for the tackle position but must improve his overall athletic ability, explosion and playing strength if he is to compete at the major level of competition. Lacks good flexibility in his stance and not quick off the ball"

Julian Burton (WR/RB, 5-10, 185, Fr., Memphis, Tenn., White Station High) A versatile athlete with great speed, Burton was a Tennessee all-state performer for the Class 6A state champion White Station squad. He was rated a three-star recruit on Rivals.com and scored 32 touchdowns in two seasons with just under 2,000 all-purpose yards. He also snatched seven interceptions and was a two-time Commercial Appeal Best of the Preps selection. In the state championship game, he earned offensive and defensive MVP honors. He was also recruited by Memphis, Louisiana Tech, Middle Tennessee, Alabama State and Hampton.

un-2okPS4Do

From ESPN:
Burton is an undersized, speedy slot receiver/scatback who is built and moves like a running back. We are not sure this isn't his best position at the next level. He is a stout, compact package with an extremely low center of gravity. Combine that with excellent speed and shifty change-of-direction

Tennessee recruiting board on him: http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-recruiting/88329-10-tn-ath-julian-burton.html

"I know that TN has shown some interest in this kid at some point. He has been tearing it up of late. He led the Spartans to a State Championship victory over Maryville by rushing for 273 yards, scoring 4 touchdowns, and creating 2 turnovers (1 int w/ a 41 yrd return). Named offensive and Defensive MVP in title game."

MSUBear42
02-03-2010, 10:59 PM
Part two ;)

Nick Canavan (LB, 5-11, 205, Fr., Norman, Okla., Northside High) A solid defender and two-time Oklahoma all-state pick, Canavan tallied 353 career tackles for coach Lance Manning at Norman Northside High. His three varsity seasons also netted eight sacks and two interceptions while claiming all-district and all-conference honors twice. The three-year starter was also a standout running back for the Timberwolves.

G2VZRCBrPFs

Zack Cooley (OL, 6-5, 275, Fr., Lebanon, Mo., Lebanon High) A Rivals.com two-star recruit, Cooley was a Missouri second-team all-state offensive tackle in 2009 by both the coaches and sportswriters for coach Will Christian at Lebanon High. He earned first-team all-conference, all-district and All-Ozarks first-team distinction at offensive tackle and defensive end for the Yellowjackets. He also claimed first-team academic all-state honors and was recruited by Northern Iowa and Southern Illinois.

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1959/196/63/513854828/n513854828_1985951_9766.jpg

Michael Crutcher (DB, 6-1, 200, Fr., Wentzville, Mo., Timberland High) Crutcher helped Timberland to a 9-2 record his senior season and 19-3 cumulative ledger his final two seasons as a starter for the Wolves. He earned all-district honors in 2009 after collecting 100 tackles, an interception, a sack and a safety. He was also a two-time all-conference pick for coach Craig Collins.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/v22940/1821/96/n1308630307_7436.jpg

Richard Galbierz (OL, 6-3, 285, Fr., Arnold, Mo., Fox High) Galbierz earned Class 6 second-team all-state honors in 2009 while leading Fox to a 9-3 record and state playoff appearance. He was also a first-team all-conference and all-district pick his senior season for the Warriors of coach Nick Gianino. He helped anchor an offensive line that averaged 330 yards per game of total offense.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/v22944/1332/101/n627930989_987.jpg

Samuel Goode (DT, 6-3, 305, Fr., Jacksonville, Fla., Ribault High) Goode tallied 67 tackles, 11 sacks, 17 tackles for loss and an interception return for a touchdown in 2009 for coach Anthony Flynn's Ribault High Trojans. He was selected to play in the Florida Shrine Bowl and was named Class 2A District 3 Offensive Lineman of the Year. He was also an all-district and all-conference offensive lineman and was named to the Florida Times-Union all-metro second team as a defensive tackle.

Mitch Jenkins (QB, 6-3, 203, Fr., Springfield, Mo., Hillcrest High) Jenkins guided Hillcrest High in Springfield to its first-ever playoff victory this season as the Hornets finished 7-5 overall. The southpaw threw for 2,775 yards and 35 touchdowns to earn Class 4 all-state honors by both the coaches and sportswriters, along with All-Ozark Conference and All Southwest Missouri distinction. An outstanding scholar with a 3.9 grade-point average, he completed 156-of-299 passes and rushed for 570 yards and seven touchdowns for coach John Beckham.

UGnhG4z8h0c

Josh Mattes (RB, 6-1, 220, Fr., Lebanon, Mo., Lebanon High) A powerful runner with great speed and athleticism, Mattes made the transition from receiver to running back for his senior year at Lebanon High School. He earned all-district, academic all-conference, and All-Ozarks Conference honors for the second straight season for coach Will Christian. In 2009, he had 200 carries for 1,224 yards and scored 20 touchdowns in 2009 while helping the Yellowjackets to a 5-5 record. In 2008, he had 45 receptions for 486 yards as the team's feature receiver. The all-state sprinter and triple jumper was also recruited by UNI and Southern Illinois.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/v22942/650/79/n506716941_2932.jpg

Martin Montgomery (DE, 6-3, 235, Fr., Pine Bluff, Ark., Pine Bluff High) After recording 85 total tackles his senior season, Montgomery helped coach Bobby Bolding's Zebras to an Arkansas Class 6A runner-up finish and 9-5 overall record. The all-state defensive end also tallied 20 sacks, 15 tackles for loss, and recovered three fumbles during the campaign. An all-conference selection, he was also picked to play in the Arkansas All-Star Game. Originally verballed to Arkansas State.

Eric Pearce (DT, 6-2, 280, Fr., Springdale, Ark., Har-Ber High) The 2009 Arkansas all-state defensive lineman helped his Har-Ber squad to an Arkansas Class 7A state title and 12-1 overall record. He was a two-time all-conference pick for coach Chris Wood's Wildcats and was selected to play in the Arkansas High School All-Star Game after producing 46 total tackles and seven sacks as a senior.

Jordan Rainey (OL, 6-5, 310, Fr., Joplin, Mo., Joplin High) A two-star recruit by Rivals.com, Rainey established himself as a top-shelf prospect in 2009, earning Class 6 first-team all-state honors for the Joplin Eagles of coach Doug Buckmaster. He was first-team all-conference and all-district his senior season after claiming second-team laurels from the district and league in 2008. He helped Joplin to an Ozark Conference title his junior season. Originally committed to Arkansas. And was also recruited by Kansas State and Arkansas State.

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/68/682825.jpg

Caleb Schaffitzel (DB, 6-0, 205, Fr., Fair Grove, Mo., Fair Grove High) One of the most prolific scorers in Missouri high school history, Schaffitzel broke state career records for touchdowns (141) and all-purpose yards (10,512), while accumulating 8,551 career rushing yards and 119 rushing touchdowns. The two-time all-state and four-time all-district standout started 47 straight games for coach Jason O'Neal as a two-way performer. He also accumulated 432 career tackles as a safety with 11 interceptions. His senior season, he accounted for 50 total touchdowns, and carried 275 times for 2,711 yards to help him tally 3,302 all-purpose yards for the Eagles.

Fap-kElcF_g

B0WusgMwXXA

Isaac Umesi (CB, 5-10, 175, Fr., Richland Hills, Texas, Richland High) A highly-touted corner, Umesi was a Texas Class 5A first-team all-district performer in District 3 for the Rebels of Richland High. A Rivals, Scout, and ESPN three-star athlete. He also snagged second-team all-district honors as a junior in 2008. He was named a Top 100 player by the Dallas Morning News (No. 74), a Top 50 recruit by the Fort Worth Star Telegram (top 4 defensive back), and a Top 10 prospect at the Coppel Combine. With exceptional 4.4 speed and a 33-inch vertical, Rivals.com ranked him as a three-star prospect. He was also recruited heavily by Kansas, as well as Baylor, and Colorado State. Had an offer from Kansas

iVaASLzPOuk

http://media.scout.com/media/image/69/696122.jpg

Austin Witmer (K, 6-5, 180, Fr., Grand Island, Neb., Grand Island Central Catholic High) A four-year letterman at Grand Island (Neb.) Catholic High, Witmer kicked 76 extra points and converted 24 field goals during his prep career for the Crusaaders. He earned first-team all-state honors in 2008 and 2009 after claiming honorable mention all-state distinction in 2007 for coach Charlie Shoemaker. He was all-conference and all-district three seasons and averaged 57.9 yards per kickoff in 2009 while helping his team to an 8-2 season. He was also recruited by Minnesota and Nebraska-Kearney.

From ESPN:

Witmer is a 6-foot-5 kicker. He uses his long levers to create great leverage on the ball. His KOs are explosive with many in the 4.1-4.2 second range. He has worked on kicking FG off the ground before his senior year and showed well at Kohl's National Camp

DjKyRo
02-03-2010, 10:59 PM
He was also had offers from Nebraska and Vandy. Was recruited by K State.

:eek:

Overall likes you guys have a few solid recruits, especially those few 3-stars. Thanks for sharing.

Tatanka
02-03-2010, 11:13 PM
Thanks MSUBear42.

Bison06
02-03-2010, 11:16 PM
I am getting old, so Humber never got on the field for anything other than special teams? If that is the case, what a waste of talent.

No, I remember him getting in on a good number of defensive plays his true freshman year. I remember because he was a playmaker from day one, he surprised the hell out of me with how aggressive he was right out of the gate. He didn't have any of the hesitation that usually accompanies a wide-eyed frosh. I would say he probably played 10-15 defensive snaps in a few games his true freshman year.

THEsocalledfan
02-03-2010, 11:35 PM

Definition of delusional: SDSU fans comparing a SD kid to Peyton Manning.

Definition of delusional #2: Equating SD to the same quality of football as Ohio, Texas, Florida, etc which you need to do to even dare such a stupid comment.

Notice how I bad mouthed ND? Get a clue and do the same for SD. He clearly looks like a great SD QB, but let's not call him Kurt Warner....

DjKyRo
02-03-2010, 11:36 PM
Definition of delusional: SDSU fans comparing a SD kid to Peyton Manning.

Definition of delusional #2: Equating SD to the same quality of football as Ohio, Texas, Florida, etc which you need to do to even dare such a stupid comment.

Notice how I bad mouthed ND? Get a clue and do the same for SD. He clearly looks like a great SD QB, but let's not call him Kurt Warner....

Man, I'll bet Esley Thorton is going to be the next Kur- ...nevermind.

NDSUstudent
02-04-2010, 12:38 AM
I was listening to Hallstrom for a while tonight on prime time sports, here are his thoughts on some of our recruits.....

Olson- Has not talked to anyone who doesn't rave about him. Very competive and has a presnece when he walks into a room. Very mature, doesn't think he has to go to a Wyoming or a FBS school in order to feel good about himself. Just wants to go to a good school and get a good education. He is the complete package. Heard over and over that the Gophers missed on him.

Turner- Great frame, coach told him that the day he verbaled he returned a kick for 32 yards(he is an OL). Many people say the Gophers missed out on him.

Vraa- Tremendous get, great size, great hands. Some questions about the offense he played in but he has the qualities you want in a receiver.

Littlejohn-Most intriguing player from the Twin Cities, will play at LB. Came out of a tough neighborhood but is a good kid and a real leader. Hallstrom thinks he could play right away.

Smith- He has tremendous speed and balance, low center of gravity, great through the hole. He is the kind of Weston Dressler type of player that hasn't come out of ND for a while.

Beck- Did a lot of things at high school, Bohl really likes him, said he has a bit of nasty streak in him. Could be a special teams asset.

Wildcard- Crockett- 41 tds this past season, regional expert said he is one of the biggest steals in MN this year. Has had some challenges in his development as a young man, needs to do some more work in order to qualify like Marcus Williams had to do this past year. Officially visited Michigan and Michigan State before he had some troubles. If he adjusts he could be a tremendous asset for the Bison, a Paschall level talent.

He also thinks Dudzik or Heagle could play right away, there is a need a for a defensive back next year.

As for Allen, he still plans on attending NDSU but has had a few things happen in Arizona that has kind of put things on hold and those need to be ironed out first. He will visit NDSU at some point in the future.

He knows that Bohl is more excited about this group than any in the past and really thinks it could be a phenomenal class. Hallstrom said, "Call me Homer Simpson, because I believe him(Bohl)."

BisonNeil
02-04-2010, 12:56 AM

I agree wholeheartedly.

For the record, TFr Bobby Ollman only saw the field on special teams this year also. I think as poor as the special teams have been it is easy to see why this could happen.

EndZoneQB
02-04-2010, 02:01 AM
Heupel didn't have the stats because he had to go against a vaunted Watertown Arrow defense that I was a part of.:D

Haha, I knew a kid that went to Watertown and played football. Pretty sure he was an O-Lineman...big fuckin kid. He was talking about he wasn't even like top 5 biggest on his team. His name was Andrew Foster I believe.

Anyway, I'm excited for this class. Are we going to Lawrence yet?

Kermit
02-04-2010, 02:26 AM
I was listening to Hallstrom for a while tonight on prime time sports, here are his thoughts on some of our recruits.....

As for Allen, he still plans on attending NDSU but has had a few things happen in Arizona that has kind of put things on hold and those need to be ironed out first. He will visit NDSU at some point in the future.

Yes, Michael Allen has had "a few things happen." The young man's father died recently, three days before Michael played in the Arizona state championship game.

http://varsity.evtrib.com/story/148373

jacks1
02-04-2010, 03:19 AM
If the Jacks really think they are going to beat NDSU in Fargo they are badly mistaken.

Why would any rationale Jack fan think they could beat the Bizun in Fargo? I mean we've only won 3 in a row vs. you guys and you are coming off of a solid 3-8 season in which you dominated at home, winning 1 freakin' game vs. perennial power Wagner. Another well thought out post SD...

ndsubison1
02-04-2010, 03:23 AM
Why would any rationale Jack fan think they could beat the Bizun in Fargo? I mean we've only won 3 in a row vs. you guys and you are coming off of a solid 3-8 season in which you dominated at home, winning 1 freakin' game vs. perennial power Wagner. Another well thought out post SD...

because you have one win in fargo since the birth of man

jacks1
02-04-2010, 03:36 AM
because you have one win in fargo since the birth of man

...keep hangin' onto those DII years :)

Smack aside, I realize it won't be easy to win in Fargo, but far from impossible.

ndsubison1
02-04-2010, 03:53 AM

Smack aside, I realize it won't be easy to win in Fargo, but far from impossible.

youre right, i guess those wins dont count then

MNLonghorn10
02-04-2010, 04:04 AM
are the recruits going to be in enrolled immediately to be apart of spring practice?

or doesnt that crap fly in fcs?

56BISON73
02-04-2010, 04:10 AM
are the recruits going to be in enrolled immediately to be apart of spring practice?

or doesnt that crap fly in fcs?

May be they should finish HS first?:D

devin45k
02-04-2010, 04:27 AM
Jacks1 has the exact logic of every ignorant bunny fan

EndZoneQB
02-04-2010, 04:27 AM

I could have graduated as a Junior :)

MNLonghorn10
02-04-2010, 04:29 AM

psh. thats why they hire tutors

EndZoneQB
02-04-2010, 04:30 AM
psh. thats why they hire people to write their essays

FIFY, exactly what I was thinking.

ndsubison1
02-04-2010, 06:59 AM

Henderson actually hasnt signed yet and will wait until NCAA hearings later this month

IzzyFlexion
02-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Hey Bison fans, looks like you have a good class, I just wanted to share ours with ya.

Joe Burgess

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/75/751810.jpghttp://media.scout.com/media/image/75/751810.jpg
[/B]"

I'm just gonna go ahead and get an early start on next year's MSU game week "look-a-likes" thread.
Joe Burgess=Dewey Oxberger.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-jcWMuO5ylw/Sv2_sf1UIeI/AAAAAAAAA6E/AkH4prJfjtc/s200/ox.gif

NDSUFan_Sav
02-04-2010, 03:17 PM

Keep hanging on to your playoff run last year ohhh wait that's right you forgot to play the 2nd half therefore giving montana the win, so that playoff run was cut short.

SDbison
02-04-2010, 04:38 PM

One thing I find amazing is that many SDSU fans seem to think they have some edge over NDSU now that we're DI. Like they suddenly are going to be a dynasty FCS team. Think about that for a minute........
Is the bunnies new found success because:
1) they changed coaches......NO
2) Brookings is a better DI town.......NO
3) SDSU is more attractive as a DI university.....NO
4) they just recruit better as everyone wants to be a Jackrabbit football player......NO
5) SDSU football has such a winning tradition......NO
6) their facilities are just superior to other FCS programs......NO
7) coach Stig suddenly became a football genious and can out coach anybody.....NO
8) SDSU has huge fan support......NO
9) coach Stig is such a nice religious guy.......NO
10) SDSU won a couple close games and had a rare mix of just the right talent this past year....YEP
11) NDSU had a few rough years with recruits, attitude and coaching changes.....YEP

HandoEX
02-04-2010, 04:41 PM
Every damn recruiting thread gets ruined with SDSU garbage. Quit feeding the trolls and they'll go away.

tcbison
02-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Every damn recruiting thread gets ruined with SDSU garbage. Quit feeding the trolls and they'll go away.

Amen to that. I come to this site to read about NDSU stuff and instead it is a bunch of SDSU garbage. :ranting:

GradBison
02-04-2010, 04:47 PM
Are video highlights of the recruiting class available on youtube or somewhere else?

Thanks in advance and apologies if this has been asked before.

tjbison
02-04-2010, 05:30 PM

no they won't:banghead: :banghead:

tjbison
02-04-2010, 05:30 PM
Are video highlights of the recruiting class available on youtube or somewhere else?

Thanks in advance and apologies if this has been asked before.

I second this question, would love to see some

silkamilkamonico
02-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Sorry for asking this question as I'm sure it's been answered somewhere, but did anybody not sign yesterday that verballed, and was a surprise to not sign? I don't really keep up with recruiting, so I'm not sure who verballed, who backed out, and if anyone didn't sign that was supposed too. Anyone help me out, I appreciate it..

tjbison
02-04-2010, 05:37 PM
Sorry for asking this question as I'm sure it's been answered somewhere, but did anybody not sign yesterday that verballed, and was a surprise to not sign? I don't really keep up with recruiting, so I'm not sure who verballed, who backed out, and if anyone didn't sign that was supposed too. Anyone help me out, I appreciate it..

Micheal Allen from AZ has verballed but did not sign as of yet

Hammersmith
02-04-2010, 05:42 PM

My understanding is we had no decommits, and everyone signed except Michael Allen of Arizona. It doesn't sound like Allen has pulled his verbal yet, but he's got issues going on that have caused him to want to take some extra time. One report said his father died unexpectedly just a few days before the state football tournament this year. It's easy to see why he might be reconsidering going off to a college almost two thousand miles away from home(even if it does have cheap and easy direct flights via Allegiant). He hasn't committed to any other school, so we're still in the mix.

NDSUstudent
02-04-2010, 05:44 PM
Here is some more info on the recruits I am most excited about....When you put their accomplishments in writing it is very impressive to say the least....

Zach Vraa-WR-6'2 185-Rosemount MN
-Offers from UND, Air Force, and preferred walk-on from Minnesota
-Mr. Football in Minnesota
-Finished career with 113 receptions for 1,985 yards and 25 TDs
-All-metro in basketball
-All-state and all-conference performer in track & field including second place in 110 high hurdles at 2009 state meet
-National Honor Student
-Academic All-Star
-He could be major impact player if he can adjust to the more complicated college offense(his high school offense wasn't too demanding), he has all the tools you could want in a wr.

Grant Olson-OLB-6'2 220-Plymouth (Wayzata), MN
-First team all-state, all-metro
-Offers from Army, Wyoming, UND, and preferred walk-on from Minnesota
-Position coach says he is just as good as James Laurinaitis, who he coached at Wayzata.
-Recorded 301 tackles including 51 tackles for loss and 13 sacks in three-year career for Warriors, only second behind James Laurinaitis
-Scored a 31 on his ACT
-When asked about turning down an offer from Wyoming he said, "Wyoming was neat experience, and they won their bowl game too, but I'm not one of those guys that has to go big Division 1 to feel good about myself. NDSU is right for me."
-I can't believe that Brewster didn't offer this kid, what isn't there to like? Instead of taking Olson he took a 3rd tier Ohio prospect who only had MAC offers. I hope Olson makes him rue the day he dipped into Ohio, like our past recruits did to Mase.

Ryan Smith-RB-5'7 170- Wahpeton, ND
-AA player of the Year
-Ran for 2,781 yards and had 40 TDs his senior season
-Ran for 2,165 yards and had 21 TDs his junior season at AAA level(ND highest)
-Offers from USD and UND
-Won the 100 meters in 2009 ND State Track Championships
-A Red Spice Redzone National Player of the Year award winner
-Hallstrom compared him to Weston Dressler in terms of speed, he is going to be a playmaker to say the least.

Billy Turner-OL-6'6 280- Moundsview, MN
-All-State, All-Metro
-Offers from UND, USD, and UNI
-The day he verbaled with NDSU he returned a kick for over 30 yards, remember this is an OL. He is very athletic.
-People across the metro say Minnesota missed on this kid.

John Crockett-RB-6'0 190- Minneapolis, MN
-This guy is more of a wildcard, he had interest very early and officially visited Michigan and Michigan State but then ran into some academic issues(was diagnosed with ADHD).
-Some of the better recruiting minds in the state think he is one of the top recruits in MN this year.
-Rushed 180 times for 1,802 yards and 34 TDs as a senior ... Caught 26 passes for 495 yards and five TDs ... Returned eight kickoffs for an average of 44.8 yards per return and two touchdowns
-Could be the next Pat Paschall if he can put it all together.

Hammersmith
02-04-2010, 05:52 PM
I like that we've only got one or two recruits that we're "taking a chance on". A program with 90-100 players can absorb that number and help them grow up. When you start adding five or ten of them a year, like we were for a short time, it's too easy for them to isolate themselves and create an unhealthy subculture within the program. Look to Montana State a couple years back to see the worst-case of that scenario. I'm feeling good about where we're at now.

MNLonghorn10
02-04-2010, 05:53 PM
jesus 1800 yards on 180 carries?

IzzyFlexion
02-04-2010, 11:54 PM
Here is some more info on the recruits I am most excited about....When you put their accomplishments in writing it is very impressive to say the least....

Zach Vraa-WR-6'2 185-Rosemount MN
-Offers from UND, Air Force, and preferred walk-on from Minnesota
-Mr. Football in Minnesota
-Finished career with 113 receptions for 1,985 yards and 25 TDs
-All-metro in basketball
-All-state and all-conference performer in track & field including second place in 110 high hurdles at 2009 state meet
-National Honor Student
-Academic All-Star
-He could be major impact player if he can adjust to the more complicated college offense(his high school offense wasn't too demanding), he has all the tools you could want in a wr.

Grant Olson-OLB-6'2 220-Plymouth (Wayzata), MN
-First team all-state, all-metro
-Offers from Army, Wyoming, UND, and preferred walk-on from Minnesota
-Position coach says he is just as good as James Laurinaitis, who he coached at Wayzata.
-Recorded 301 tackles including 51 tackles for loss and 13 sacks in three-year career for Warriors, only second behind James Laurinaitis
-Scored a 31 on his ACT
-When asked about turning down an offer from Wyoming he said, "Wyoming was neat experience, and they won their bowl game too, but I'm not one of those guys that has to go big Division 1 to feel good about myself. NDSU is right for me."
-I can't believe that Brewster didn't offer this kid, what isn't there to like? Instead of taking Olson he took a 3rd tier Ohio prospect who only had MAC offers. I hope Olson makes him rue the day he dipped into Ohio, like our past recruits did to Mase.

Ryan Smith-RB-5'7 170- Wahpeton, ND
-AA player of the Year
-Ran for 2,781 yards and had 40 TDs his senior season
-Ran for 2,165 yards and had 21 TDs his junior season at AAA level(ND highest)
-Offers from USD and UND
-Won the 100 meters in 2009 ND State Track Championships
-A Red Spice Redzone National Player of the Year award winner
-Hallstrom compared him to Weston Dressler in terms of speed, he is going to be a playmaker to say the least.

Billy Turner-OL-6'6 280- Moundsview, MN
-All-State, All-Metro
-Offers from UND, USD, and UNI
-The day he verbaled with NDSU he returned a kick for over 30 yards, remember this is an OL. He is very athletic.
-People across the metro say Minnesota missed on this kid.

John Crockett-RB-6'0 190- Minneapolis, MN
-This guy is more of a wildcard, he had interest very early and officially visited Michigan and Michigan State but then ran into some academic issues(was diagnosed with ADHD).
-Some of the better recruiting minds in the state think he is one of the top recruits in MN this year.
-Rushed 180 times for 1,802 yards and 34 TDs as a senior ... Caught 26 passes for 495 yards and five TDs ... Returned eight kickoffs for an average of 44.8 yards per return and two touchdowns
-Could be the next Pat Paschall if he can put it all together.

Probably repeating what most everyone knows, but I'm hugely impressed with Gebhart's 3rd place finish in the 100 meters and 1st place in the 200 meters as a junior in last year's SD state track meet. (11.0 and 22.19)

Bryan
02-05-2010, 01:35 AM
Crockett did NOT officially visit Michigan and Michigan State, he tagged along with his best friend JD Pride and Seantrell Henderson when Seantrell was making the rounds last summer. Grant Olsen is a very nice player but he's not Tarpley and no where close to Laurinitis, Tommy Becker maybe. Time will tell if almost every D1 schools missed on him. I'm sure if you talk to people at UMD today, they are talking about the kids they signed that Bohl and NDSU blew it on.

MNLonghorn10
02-05-2010, 02:03 AM
yea i read the laurinitis comparison and immediately raised my BS flag.

but hey if he comes close to him, ill take it:p

CaBisonFan
02-05-2010, 02:18 AM
Crockett did NOT officially visit Michigan and Michigan State, he tagged along with his best friend JD Pride and Seantrell Henderson when Seantrell was making the rounds last summer. Grant Olsen is a very nice player but he's not Tarpley and no where close to Laurinitis, Tommy Becker maybe. Time will tell if almost every D1 schools missed on him. I'm sure if you talk to people at UMD today, they are talking about the kids they signed that Bohl and NDSU blew it on.

As every program does when announcing its recruits. As NFL teams say when they take the 20th pick..."we had him #2 on our board." UMD has a solid program going. No shame in losing one or two to a program like that...no matter what level.

Signing day should be a day of optimism if the recruits are decent. Nice to have one of those after a couple of years wondering what's going on.

NDSUstudent
02-05-2010, 02:56 AM

Well, the sports anchor for our local new station said he did. If you want to question him, fine, but he didn't just come up with that out of thin air it came from Crockett's high school coach. Yet, again I am only repeating what Wayzata coaches say about Olson. I'm sure they love the guy and are saying nice things, but that is what they said.

I couldn't careless about UMD and I'm sure Minnesota fans couldn't careless about us. But we took seven kids from MN, and I am of the opinion that we are damn lucky to get at least three of them. Thank you Tim Brewster and whatever coach at the FBS level that didn't recruit them.

runtheoption
02-05-2010, 03:07 AM
I could careless about UMD and I'm sure Minnesota fans could carelss about us.

So you and the Gopher fans care just a little bit? ;)

DjKyRo
02-05-2010, 03:16 AM
So you and the Gopher fans care just a little bit? ;)

Indeed, that phrase always did confuse me.

er-hem, BISONBISONBISONBISON screw Minnesota.

EndZoneQB
02-05-2010, 03:42 AM
Indeed, that phrase always did confuse me.

er-hem, BISONBISONBISONBISON screw Minnesota.

That's because it's supposed to be "I couldn't careless"...

Well, the sports anchor for our local new station said he did. If you want to question him, fine, but he didn't just come up with that out of thin air it came from Crockett's high school coach. Yet, again I am only repeating what Wayzata coaches say about Olson. I'm sure they love the guy and are saying nice things, but that is what they said.

There must have been a misunderstanding, or its amazing how easily "un" disappears from the word, especially if the word itself doesn't spark your interest, considering the "payoff"(Michigan/MSU namedropped) was after the unofficial/official part. I know I sometimes miss something because I wasn't completely paying attention until something important. Either way, this was posted the other day: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showpost.php?p=349193&postcount=13 See: His Strengths Emerged

NDSUstudent
02-05-2010, 04:24 AM

There must have been a misunderstanding, or its amazing how easily "un" disappears from the word, especially if the word itself doesn't spark your interest, considering the "payoff"(Michigan/MSU namedropped) was after the unofficial/official part. I know I sometimes miss something because I wasn't completely paying attention until something important. Either way, this was posted the other day: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showpost.php?p=349193&postcount=13 See: His Strengths Emerged

Maybe Hallstrom/Izzo screwed up or the coach misspoke, I don't know, does it matter though? I mean there are people out there saying he was a tremendous recruit, one of the best in MN. He probably would have been an FBS recruit if he would have had better grades. That is all I was trying to say.

I'm just glad he is coming here, his coach mentioned going somewhere that has a support structure in place, and I think we can give him that. One thing I like about Bohl is that he is not afraid to take a chance on a kid, hopefully Crockett makes the most of his chance.

bisonhusker
02-05-2010, 01:50 PM

Hey Bryan, how long until your boy Brewsters tells JD Pride to leave since he only signed him to hope to bring Seantrell to Gopherland?

unbison
02-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Hey Bryan, how long until your boy Brewsters tells JD Pride to leave since he only signed him to hope to bring Seantrell to Gopherland?

maybe before the bison start out 0-2
but i doubt it:hide:

Fightin' Bison
02-05-2010, 03:51 PM

It is supposed to be "couldn't care less", meaning you care nothing now, so you can't care less than that. The word "careless" means:

1 a : free from care : untroubled <careless days> b : indifferent, unconcerned <careless of the consequences>
2 : not taking care
3 : not showing or receiving care: a : negligent, slovenly <careless writing> b : unstudied, spontaneous <a careless grace> c obsolete : unvalued, disregarded

— care·less·ly adverb

— care·less·ness noun

tony
02-05-2010, 04:08 PM
It is supposed to be "couldn't care less", meaning you care nothing now, so you can't care less than that. The word "careless" means:

And they are pronounced differently which means that I bet everybody else recognized a typo (missing space) for what it was.

met1990
02-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Ah--gotcha there big shooter. I thought he said he was carless, meaning he didn't have a mode of transportation. It's awfully icy out to just be walking around Duluth this time of year.

silkamilkamonico
02-05-2010, 06:12 PM
LMAO at Brewster thinking he actually had a shot at landing Seantrell.