PDA

View Full Version : Bohl - Signing Day

KCHerd
02-02-2010, 04:46 PM
Is there any live coverage of Bohl's press conference tomorrow on signing day?

RowdyRabbit
02-02-2010, 06:13 PM
Rumor has it, NDSU is going to have a whale of a signing day.

It never gets old, folks! It never gets old!

IzzyFlexion
02-02-2010, 06:17 PM
Rumor has it, NDSU is going to have a whale of a signing day.

It never gets old, folks! It never gets old!

Then, does that mean that SDSU will have a "minnow" of a signing day?

rutlandbison
02-02-2010, 06:29 PM
If by minnow you mean, 8-10 players, I think so.

The Lost Dutchman
02-02-2010, 06:31 PM
Is there any live coverage of Bohl's press conference tomorrow on signing day?

We're carrying it live on 740 and then Hammer is chatting with Bohl afterwards.

BisonNeil
02-02-2010, 06:56 PM
We're carrying it live on 740 and then Hammer is chatting with Bohl afterwards.

Live starting when?

JacksFan06
02-02-2010, 06:59 PM
If by minnow you mean, 8-10 players, I think so.

Not that recruiting class size means anything, but SDSU has 18 verbals so far.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckPersona&U=69144e41448a46579a2772abd68f472c&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckUserId=69144e41448a46579a2772abd68f472c&plckPostId=Blog%3a69144e41448a46579a2772abd68f472c Post%3a2686dcf3-568d-4bc8-b672-5ac542cabf7d&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest

TransAmBison
02-02-2010, 07:58 PM
So would that mean SDSU does more with minnows?

OldBison
02-02-2010, 08:06 PM
So would that mean SDSU does more with minnows?

I am sure the "whale" comment made was in reference to Bohl's constant use of the metaphor "whale of a game" :banghead:

OldBison
02-02-2010, 08:09 PM

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckPersona&U=69144e41448a46579a2772abd68f472c&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckUserId=69144e41448a46579a2772abd68f472c&plckPostId=Blog%3a69144e41448a46579a2772abd68f472c Post%3a2686dcf3-568d-4bc8-b672-5ac542cabf7d&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest

Looks like a nice class. :hide:

ndsubison1
02-02-2010, 10:03 PM
I am sure the "whale" comment made was in reference to Bohl's constant use of the metaphor "whale of a game" :banghead:

http://www.wesleyjsmith.com/blog/uploaded_images/no-way_sr-707145.gif

rutlandbison
02-02-2010, 10:07 PM

Looks like a nice list.

Grizzled
02-02-2010, 10:08 PM

We've all heard time and time again how important size is. :D:D

The Lost Dutchman
02-03-2010, 12:47 AM
Live starting when?

I believe the press conference starts at 3 oclock.

Bison_Backer
02-03-2010, 01:22 AM
Holding breath

NDSUFan_Sav
02-03-2010, 05:05 AM

they won't have a signing day they forgot to go out and recruit this year

cvbison1
02-03-2010, 05:22 AM
Trevor Gebhart quote from article in Grand Forks Herald that made me laugh haha.

"Trevor, however, said he never felt a strong connection to SDSU from the get-go.

“I went there, but it didn’t feel like home. It just wasn’t the same,” he said. “I don’t know, the way they recruited me was kind of weird.”

Mr. Burgundy
02-03-2010, 11:54 AM
TV is doing a live blog starting at 7AM today. Is Kolpack doing anything?

Tatanka
02-03-2010, 01:18 PM
TV is doing a live blog starting at 7AM today. Is Kolpack doing anything?

You know, as much as I don't like the pandering TV has unleashed on the good people to our south, I would take him back in Fargo without hesitation. He's one of the good ones (reporter, not commentator). :nod:

Grizzled
02-03-2010, 01:25 PM
They have a live chat announcing names and a highlight video option going on up north as well. WTF? We can't get some coverage like either of these places.

Bison"FANatic"
02-03-2010, 02:37 PM
You know, as much as I don't like the pandering TV has unleashed on the good people to our south, I would take him back in Fargo without hesitation. He's one of the good ones (reporter, not commentator). :nod:

Here is a little pandering from his live blog this AM, guy was saying it sucks to lose SD kids to SDSU.

"Wow. OK. Keep in mind that the South Dakota kids that are going to NDSU did not have scholarship offers from the Jacks. That's not to say that they might not have eventually, but at the time that they committed they did not."
TV

aces1180
02-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Here is a little pandering from his live blog this AM, guy was saying it sucks to lose SD kids to SDSU.

"Wow. OK. Keep in mind that the South Dakota kids that are going to NDSU did not have scholarship offers from the Jacks. That's not to say that they might not have eventually, but at the time that they committed they did not."
TV

That's bullshit...The reason SDSU didn't offer them is because they had already indicated they were going to NDSU. He needs to tell the whole story, not just part of it.

Kermit
02-03-2010, 03:50 PM
That's bullshit...The reason SDSU didn't offer them is because they had already indicated they were going to NDSU. He needs to tell the whole story, not just part of it.

The Jacks rarely formally offer a scholarship before the athlete makes an official on-campus visit in January. Different strokes. One advantage of their method is it makes it very easy to say "we never offered him" when a kid commits to another school without doing an official visit to SDSU.

met1990
02-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Until SDSU sucks as bad as UND, I'm not going to criticize their recruiting methods. They seem to have worked fairly well the past few years.

I can't wait until 3. Should be a fun presser.

Bison Dan
02-03-2010, 03:56 PM
Until SDSU sucks as bad as UND, I'm not going to criticize their recruiting methods. They seem to have worked fairly well the past few years.

Want to bet they and und jump on recruits early next year?

Kermit
02-03-2010, 03:56 PM

I agree that SDSU has been getting the job done. I just wanted to point out that when SDSU says "we never offered" it doesn't mean that they weren't highly interested, and it doesn't mean exactly the same thing as when NDSU didn't offer because they do things differently.

I do think it is slightly disingenous for a reporter like Vandrovec to repeatedly state that SDSU didn't offer, for example, Gebhart, when he knows that it is a meaningless statement.

met1990
02-03-2010, 03:59 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if they started tomorrow.

Grizzled
02-03-2010, 04:00 PM

I think colleges across the country start to jump on recruits earlier and earlier every year. Its the direction recruiting is going.

met1990
02-03-2010, 04:01 PM
I do think it is slightly disingenous for a reporter like Vandrovec to repeatedly state that SDSU didn't offer, for example, Gebhart, when he knows that it is a meaningless statement.

Couldn't agree more.

In other news, NDSU missed out on Seantrel Henderson by not offering him. ;)

aces1180
02-03-2010, 04:02 PM
The Jacks rarely formally offer a scholarship before the athlete makes an official on-campus visit in January. Different strokes. One advantage of their method is it makes it very easy to say "we never offered him" when a kid commits to another school without doing an official visit to SDSU.

I know that there is way of doing it...I'm just saying TV didn't include the whole story.

Edit - I just saw your post after and I agree.

Grizzled
02-03-2010, 04:03 PM

Its easier to talk shit about a team we don't play than it is one that has beat us 3 years in a row.

THEsocalledfan
02-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Its easier to talk shit about a team we don't play than it is one that has beat us 3 years in a row.

Actually, not quite right. I can ALWAYS make fun of the trucks simply because I despise them, their University, and everything they stand for. I actually respect SDSU which is exactly why they will never be our true rival.

Scooter1
02-03-2010, 06:20 PM

Screw that.

We've beaten SDSU 27 of the last 34 times and they have won only once in my lifetime in Fargo and I'm over 40.

8 > 0

Da Bison
02-03-2010, 06:26 PM
Couldn't agree more.

In other news, NDSU missed out on Seantrel Henderson by not offering him. ;)

Using TV logic......

We didn't miss out on him because we didn't offer.

bisonhusker
02-03-2010, 06:33 PM
Using TV logic......

We didn't miss out on him because we didn't offer.

TV would have said..."Not to say that offer wouldn't eventually have come, but I wanted to make it very clear that SDSU did not offer Seantrel Henderson. So technically they did not lose out on that recruiting battle."

In other news, Coach Stig is very nice. He reads the Bible. He likes to hunt and fish, and does not offer scholarships early as it does not provide his very shorthanded staff enough time to get to know these terrific student athletes.

In final news, Coach Stig won't comment, but three kids from last year's class have chosen other options, but it was not because they were not great kids, they just wanted to try other schools. They were impressed by the Dykehouse center though.

JacksFan06
02-03-2010, 07:06 PM
I agree that SDSU has been getting the job done. I just wanted to point out that when SDSU says "we never offered" it doesn't mean that they weren't highly interested, and it doesn't mean exactly the same thing as when NDSU didn't offer because they do things differently.

To add to this. If SDSU is "highly interested" in a player they offer them during their junior year. They offer around 2-3 kids early every year, they have 1-2 offers out right now for 2011.

If SDSU was sincerely interest in Trevor, than why does he say "they backed off" ?

But Gebhart stayed true to his verbal, although it wasn’t always easy. He said the University of South Dakota and South Dakota State “backed off a little bit.”

How about that Kansas City WR the Jacks got that NDSU had offered though? I don't see much about him on Bisonville, but alot about a Sioux Falls kid that SDSU barely recruited.

Siouxfallsbison
02-03-2010, 07:16 PM
To add to this. If SDSU is "highly interested" in a player they offer them during their junior year. They offer around 2-3 kids early every year, they have 1-2 offers out right now for 2011.

If SDSU was sincerely interest in Trevor, than why does he say "they backed off" ?

But Gebhart stayed true to his verbal, although it wasn’t always easy. He said the University of South Dakota and South Dakota State “backed off a little bit.”

How about that Kansas City WR the Jacks got that NDSU had offered though? I don't see much about him on Bisonville, but alot about a Sioux Falls kid that SDSU barely recruited.

JacksFan, Let it go. SDSU did Recruit Trevor. They backed off after Trevor committed to NDSU. Can't wait until the Bison play the Rabbits!
Go Bison.

Bison"FANatic"
02-03-2010, 07:22 PM

I assume you mean Wright. I had never heard of him until I saw a article in the last month that listed NDSU as having offered him. He didn't show up on any radar here or in our sports reporters coverage as being a possible recruit. That is probably why we never talked about him. Congrats on getting him, good for you, we got the guys we wanted and we got them early. Maybe you out recruited us on him, maybe he was our plan B while we waited on Vraa, maybe we offered him a walk on, we won't know.

onbison09
02-03-2010, 09:00 PM
I assume you mean Wright. I had never heard of him until I saw a article in the last month that listed NDSU as having offered him. He didn't show up on any radar here or in our sports reporters coverage as being a possible recruit. That is probably why we never talked about him. Congrats on getting him, good for you, we got the guys we wanted and we got them early. Maybe you out recruited us on him, maybe he was our plan B while we waited on Vraa, maybe we offered him a walk on, we won't know.

Plus he didn't sign here so he's not a badass. If he would've signed here on the other hand........:D

aces1180
02-03-2010, 09:05 PM

How's traffic at SDSUfans.com? Must be pretty dead if you are spending so much of your time here.

ndsubison1
02-03-2010, 09:12 PM

The KC WR is not worth our time. He didn't sign with us so he must not be very good. Kidding of course :D

SDbison
02-03-2010, 09:25 PM
How's traffic at SDSUfans.com? Must be pretty dead if you are spending so much of your time here.
SDSU fans don't worry, they got Stig. How many years did it take him to have a very good season? Do I have to mention the great coaching effort to seal the victory against Montana? Also, I am not at all convinced that Stigs approach brings in players just waiting for him to make them great, rather I believe the chemistry of last years SDSU football team was more of a fluke. Somehow Jack fans think they have a dynasty and the Bison are just going to disappear. SDSU's little run is done.

wow
02-03-2010, 10:38 PM
SDSU fans don't worry, they got Stig. How many years did it take him to have a very good season? Do I have to mention the great coaching effort to seal the victory against Montana? Also, I am not at all convinced that Stigs approach brings in players just waiting for him to make them great, rather I believe the chemistry of last years SDSU football team was more of a fluke. Somehow Jack fans think they have a dynasty and the Bison are just going to disappear. SDSU's little run is done.

For 3 years Bison fans have been saying this. For 3 years SDSU has beaten the Bison on the field, where it counts.

Only a Bison fan would mock a coach who's teams have gotten better every season, while being satisfied with a coach who's teams have gotten worse...

Oh, I forgot, NDSU has 8 DII championships so my argument is invalid...

Tatanka
02-03-2010, 11:11 PM
For 3 years Bison fans have been saying this. For 3 years SDSU has beaten the Bison on the field, where it counts.

Only a Bison fan would mock a coach who's teams have gotten better every season, while being satisfied with a coach who's teams have gotten worse...

Gather ye rosebuds whilst ye may...

devin45k
02-03-2010, 11:24 PM
JacksFan, Let it go. SDSU did Recruit Trevor. They backed off after Trevor committed to NDSU. Can't wait until the Bison play the Rabbits!
Go Bison.

I agree.....he needs to quit postin so much on here if he is going to just get frustrated

wow
02-04-2010, 12:29 AM
Gather ye rosebuds whilst ye may...

Robert Herrick in a football forum. Well played sir, well played.

EndZoneQB
02-04-2010, 01:30 AM
I agree.....he needs to quit postin so much on here if he is going to just get frustrated

Plus, as far as we know, that post was pretty much as close to from the horse's mouth as possible...

Bison bison
02-04-2010, 01:50 AM
Robert Herrick in a football forum. Well played sir, well played.

Go F#ck Yourself Brett!

tjbison
02-04-2010, 02:00 AM

We've been kicking your asses for 90 years and you guys have a run of 3 and your smacking us, thats f'in funny shit right there

zooropa
02-04-2010, 02:56 AM
We've been kicking your asses for 90 years and you guys have a run of 3 and your smacking us, thats f'in funny shit right there
In 1964 the record was 31-14-5 in SDSU's favor.

Bison had a dang good 41 year run from '64 to '04, though.

BTW: Thanks for putting me in your sig. Any publicity is good publicity.

BlueBisonRock
02-04-2010, 03:12 AM

Learning Marketing from Lakes!

zooropa
02-04-2010, 03:19 AM
Learning Marketing from Lakes!

I bought the 8 disc study at home course!!

Five easy payments of $49.95!

ndsubison1
02-04-2010, 03:22 AM

that's it?

zooropa
02-04-2010, 03:33 AM
that's it?

Or a one time payment of $399.95

TransAmBison
02-04-2010, 10:57 AM
Or a one time payment of $399.95
That's pretty funny. Well played.

IzzyFlexion
02-04-2010, 02:27 PM

You got screwed. I got mine free with my double order of Bumpits.
http://www.asseenontvguys.com/ProductImages/as_seen_on_tv_guys_2/bumpits.jpg

tjbison
02-04-2010, 05:39 PM
In 1964 the record was 31-14-5 in SDSU's favor.

Bison had a dang good 41 year run from '64 to '04, though.

your very welcome

DjKyRo
02-04-2010, 11:14 PM
Bohl's presser yesterday is now available on gobison.com.