PDA

View Full Version : Receivers coach

Kermit
01-31-2010, 05:41 PM
Kolpack just tweeted that a website reports NDSU has offered the position to SIU tightends coach Kenni Burns.

bisoningrandforks
01-31-2010, 10:05 PM
S. Illinois site says he also played a major role in recruiting...played running back for Indiana from 03-06..

imabison
02-01-2010, 02:12 AM
Kolpack just tweeted that a website reports NDSU has offered the position to SIU tightends coach Kenni Burns.

If true interesting picking the pocket of the competition!!

KTF
02-01-2010, 02:24 AM
Looks like SIU lost their offensive coordinator a little bit ago. Looks like NDSU is not the only program that loses coaches on a yearly basis...

tjbison
02-01-2010, 02:27 AM
Looks like SIU lost their offensive coordinator a little bit ago. Looks like NDSU is not the only program that loses coaches on a yearly basis...

We are not, happens all the time, ,especially with the quality guys we have, and yes NDSU does have a good rep.

SDbison
02-01-2010, 05:53 AM
Yeah, but do other teams average 2 or 3 coaches leaving each year like NDSU has for the last 5 or 6 years. Way too much.

westnodak93bison
02-01-2010, 11:57 AM
SDbison, I think the NDSU coaching turn over is more the norm at the FCS level. Budget constraints will not allow us to keep coaches forever and this may come to a shock to you but some coaches have bigger aspirations than coaching FCS--- see Todd Wash, Casey Bradley, Perles, and others.

Grizzled
02-01-2010, 02:27 PM
SDbison, I think the NDSU coaching turn over is more the norm at the FCS level. Budget constraints will not allow us to keep coaches forever and this may come to a shock to you but some coaches have bigger aspirations than coaching FCS--- see Todd Wash, Casey Bradley, Perles, and others.

Where is the "Not This Shit Again" Guy.

Bison_Backer
02-01-2010, 03:27 PM
Samuels is no big Loss, Nystrom was huge Funny how they both end up at CMU. Perles was huge as well as well as Wille Mack. The problem is We hire good people and others notice.

SDbison
02-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Sorry bud but I think you are way off base in claiming the coaching loss at NDSU is the norm. In fact, I challenge you to find 10 other teams in FCS that are averaging 2.5+ coaches leaving per year for each of the past 5 years. That still would not make it the average (or norm) for the 120+ FCS teams.

westnodak93bison
02-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Ok smarty pants, explain to me how you can keep coaches from MOVING UP in the world without bumping their pay? Having coaches that MOVE UP is not a problem imho.

tjbison
02-01-2010, 05:44 PM
Sorry bud but I think you are way off base in claiming the coaching loss at NDSU is the norm. In fact, I challenge you to find 10 other teams in FCS that are averaging 2.5+ coaches leaving per year for each of the past 5 years. That still would not make it the average (or norm) for the 120+ FCS teams.

Can't be done we occupy the first 5 spots:hide: :D

Bison_Backer
02-01-2010, 07:56 PM
Samuels did nothign while he was here. He was a climber. Left UNO to go FBS. Now leaves to go FCS. What did he contribute here?

Its not what you know/do its who you know. Perles Left because he had done it all here. Needed the next step.

Scooter1
02-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Ok smarty pants, explain to me how you can keep coaches from MOVING UP in the world without bumping their pay? Having coaches that MOVE UP is not a problem imho.

You are spot on. (but the other side of the argument is valid)

The big downside of hiring people moving up the ladder is that there is a probability that this trend will continue in their career. This is what happens with assistant coaches that show ability. It's obvious that having a coaching stint with NDSU is viewed in a positive light among coaches at a higher level looking to fill assistant jobs.

The big risk is a danger of getting a combination of coaches that for one reason or another don't get the kids to perform to their potential. Injuries last year were a factor but I don't think that this group of coaches got the most of our kids. There were too many third and longs converted; I blame coaching for this. Kids were playing like they were waiting for the other shoe to drop. This is the reason why guys on the other side of this argument have a big problem with coaching turnover.

Siouxfallsbison
02-04-2010, 04:05 PM
Any word on the new coaches? I would quess that is the next step after the signing day.

SDbison
02-04-2010, 04:21 PM
You are spot on. (but the other side of the argument is valid)

The big downside of hiring people moving up the ladder is that there is a probability that this trend will continue in their career. This is what happens with assistant coaches that show ability. It's obvious that having a coaching stint with NDSU is viewed in a positive light among coaches at a higher level looking to fill assistant jobs.

The big risk is a danger of getting a combination of coaches that for one reason or another don't get the kids to perform to their potential. Injuries last year were a factor but I don't think that this group of coaches got the most of our kids. There were too many third and longs converted; I blame coaching for this. Kids were playing like they were waiting for the other shoe to drop. This is the reason why guys on the other side of this argument have a big problem with coaching turnover.
Good points Scooter!