PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Night in the Summit

NDSUstudent
01-28-2010, 08:02 PM
NDSU(4-5) vs ORU(6-3)- The last game these teams met, Kevin Ford got the best of the Bison, scoring a game-high 18 points and 12 rebounds. Ford followed his great performance on the court by regrettably calling NDSU's 2009 Summit League championship team a "fluke" in the postgame presser.

That is exactly the kind of thing you don't want to say after beating a team. I think the Bison come out with a little more to prove tonight. NDSU 71 ORU 65

SDSU(6-3) vs Centenary(2-7)- The Jacks destroyed Centenary a few weeks ago in Brookings, winning 89-59. The rematch should be closer, but Centenary hasn't really shown many signs of life after starting the season strong. SDSU 71 Centenary 63

IPFW(4-5) vs WIU(2-7)- This is a huge game for the Leathernecks, with Oakland coming on Saturday the Necks can't afford to get swept at home. WIU's 2-7 Summit record is just one game better than SUU, both teams are in a fight to see which team gets to play in SF. IPFW narrowly defeated WIU in Fort Wayne a few weeks ago 53-49 and I think the Leathernecks return the favor by winning a close game. WIU 56 IPFW 52

Game of the Night

Oakland(9-0) vs IUPUI(8-1)- This is probably the game of the year in the Summit League. If Oakland wins they will have a two game lead and only home games left vs the top teams in the league.

In their last game defense was optional, as Oakland took down IUPUI 85-82 in a barnburner. Neither of these teams excel defensively, especially against teams that have a lot of offensive firepower.

The game will probably come down to taking care of the ball and making free throws. Oakland excels at both, which is no doubt a major reason why they are undefeated. While I have a hard time believing Oakland is going to run the table, I just can't pick against them right now. Oakland 84 IUPUI 78

HandoEX
01-28-2010, 08:31 PM
NDSU(4-5) vs ORU(6-3)- The last game these teams met, Kevin Ford got the best of the Bison, scoring a game-high 18 points and 12 rebounds. Ford followed his great performance on the court by regrettably calling NDSU's 2009 Summit League championship team a "fluke" in the postgame presser.

That is exactly the kind of thing you don't want to say after beating a team. I think the Bison come out with a little more to prove tonight. NDSU 71 ORU 65

SDSU(6-3) vs Centenary(2-7)- The Jacks destroyed Centenary a few weeks ago in Brookings, winning 89-59. The rematch should be closer, but Centenary hasn't really shown many signs of life after starting the season strong. SDSU 71 Centenary 63

IPFW(4-5) vs WIU(2-7)- This is a huge game for the Leathernecks, with Oakland coming on Saturday the Necks can't afford to get swept at home. WIU's 2-7 Summit record is just one game better than SUU, both teams are in a fight to see which team gets to play in SF. IPFW narrowly defeated WIU in Fort Wayne a few weeks ago 53-49 and I think the Leathernecks return the favor by winning a close game. WIU 56 IPFW 52

Game of the Night

Oakland(9-0) vs IUPUI(8-1)- This is probably the game of the year in the Summit League. If Oakland wins they will have a two game lead and only home games left vs the top teams in the league.

In their last game defense was optional, as Oakland took down IUPUI 85-82 in a barnburner. Neither of these teams excel defensively, especially against teams that have a lot of offensive firepower.

The game will probably come down to taking care of the ball and making free throws. Oakland excels at both, which is no doubt a major reason why they are undefeated. While I have a hard to believing Oakland is going to run the table, I just can't pick against them right now. Oakland 84 IUPUI 78

I'm going with NDSU, SDSU, IPFW, and IUPUI. The Oakland IUPUI game will be another great game, just like their last meeting.

NDSUstudent
01-28-2010, 11:46 PM
Oakland 30
IUPUI 36 at the half

HandoEX
01-29-2010, 01:40 AM
The Oakland IUPUI game will be another great game, just like their last meeting.

I was right on the outcome, waaaay off on it being a good game

NDSUFan_Sav
01-29-2010, 03:14 AM
I was right on the outcome, waaaay off on it being a good game

but it was a good game.....for IUPUI!

sambini
01-30-2010, 04:20 PM
I didn't think anyone would beat Oakland. On any given night you never know I guess.

ndsubison1
01-30-2010, 09:24 PM
I read this comment on ESPN and lol'd

As an IUPUI alum, I'm proud of the Jags! They are well-coached and poised for the Big Dance instead of Oakland. IUPUI plays a much tougher schedule than Oakland, hence the experience of bigger competition brought a much bigger game that Oakland couldn't handle. IUPUI should be undefeated in conference, losing by 3 to Oakland earlier this year. Keep dreamin' Golden Showers! Jags better have some good dancing shoes come March!

Tatanka
01-30-2010, 11:41 PM
I read this comment on ESPN and lol'd

I also LOL'd. Wow. Nobody in the summit came close to playing a tougher schedule than Oakland...