PDA

View Full Version : Signing Day Party

tony
01-27-2010, 11:28 PM
I apologize if somebody has posted this already.

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=204875947

When: 7 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 3,
Where: The Venue at The Hub, 2525 9th Ave. SW, Fargo

And it's not just football.

roadwarrior
01-27-2010, 11:45 PM
It's funny they dont mention the $40 cost for the food, beverage and program.

GOB1SON
01-28-2010, 12:53 AM
It's funny they dont mention the $40 cost for the food, beverage and program.

That's important information. Wonder how many will show up at that price?

MNLonghorn10
01-28-2010, 01:26 AM
That's important information. Wonder how many will show up at that price?

:banghead: 40 bucks to goto that?? haha thats half of what it costs for season tickets

Hammersmith
01-28-2010, 01:32 AM
Screw that, I'll be at Jeff Dunham.

Seriously, I might have considered it if I didn't already have plans. $40 is a bit steep unless the food is good and plentiful.

SDbison
01-28-2010, 01:50 AM
Wow tightwads in Fargo! Wish I was there to be able to attend. If its $40 I say not too bad. You get to be at what was once private, get food beverage (hopefully a couple drink tickets) a program and the abilty to talk with the coaches about recruits and the upcoming season. That is definitely worth $20. Another $20 for the athletic program / rental of the hub is OK with me. How many of you go out on the town and spend $40 on food and drinks in one night......just like I thought.....tightwads.

sambini
01-28-2010, 01:57 AM
Got mine+++

Facts
01-28-2010, 01:59 AM
Wow tightwads in Fargo! Wish I was there to be able to attend. If its $40 I say not too bad. You get to be at what was once private, get food beverage (hopefully a couple drink tickets) a program and the abilty to talk with the coaches about recruits and the upcoming season. That is definitely worth $20. Another $20 for the athletic program / rental of the hub is OK with me. How many of you go out on the town and spend $40 on food and drinks in one night......just like I thought.....tightwads.

reps to you San Diego!

SDbison
01-28-2010, 02:13 AM
reps to you San Diego!
Always classy.....thank you!

56BISON73
01-28-2010, 02:40 AM

No kidding. 40.00 for a Bison greet , meet and eat is very reasonable.

Now you know why that BB arena hasnt been built.:D

tjbison
01-28-2010, 03:01 AM

I'll have you know I spend around $200 a weekend thank you!!!:D

BTW I would go but I'm gone that day $40 isn't bad at all, buffet at the Golden Corral is $15 itself and well.............................

DORMIE
01-28-2010, 03:50 AM
I was at a Teammaker Marketing Comittee/Fund Drive meeting last night and this is the way I believe this function will go off at the Venue. VIP includes those who have worked on this past years fund drive and those VIP Teammakers who have dondated at least a 1/2 scholarship.
5:30 VIP Social
6:00 VIP Dinner
6:30 Fund Drive Kickoff
7:00 Open to public (cash bar)
7:30 Program
I do not believe that there is a charge at 7:00

MNLonghorn10
01-28-2010, 04:11 AM

:D

you know it!

sambini
01-28-2010, 04:17 AM
I was at a Teammaker Marketing Comittee/Fund Drive meeting last night and this is the way I believe this function will go off at the Venue. VIP includes those who have worked on this past years fund drive and those VIP Teammakers who have dondated at least a 1/2 scholarship.
5:30 VIP Social
6:00 VIP Dinner
6:30 Fund Drive Kickoff
7:00 Open to public (cash bar)
7:30 Program
I do not believe that there is a charge at 7:00

Thanks Dormie+++

rutlandbison
01-28-2010, 04:23 AM
It's reasonable because i think they are expecting mostly teamakers to attend. I don't have 40$ to spare right now. If I had 40$ to spare I would go. O yeah and i'm going to Jeff Dunham (Christmas gift). Why must you always bring name calling into everything? Are you that mad about the way people post here?

ndsubison1
01-28-2010, 06:07 AM

welcome to North Dakota

ndsubison1
01-28-2010, 06:08 AM

recession ya know... ;)

DIGRAPPLER
01-28-2010, 01:19 PM
Called Pat this morning and there is a Team Maker volunteer event from 5:30-7:00. Then at 7:00 it is free to the general public. A win for the common man! I am there! Coaches will speak and go over video. Must be the same set up as the Twins caravan?

Bison bison
01-28-2010, 01:35 PM
That's sounds more like it.

Dave

bisonhusker
01-28-2010, 02:26 PM
It is always one of the best days of the year. Spend the money. The food is amazing and beer. Hello. Watching the highlight videos of each athlete is the best part. Sigers last year stole the show in his video. I am pretty sure he was twice as fast as any other player.

SDbison
01-28-2010, 02:48 PM
It's reasonable because i think they are expecting mostly teamakers to attend. I don't have 40$ to spare right now. If I had 40$ to spare I would go. O yeah and i'm going to Jeff Dunham (Christmas gift). Why must you always bring name calling into everything? Are you that mad about the way people post here?
Well I guess you are just too sensitive regarding a generic ribbing using the word "tightwads" to describe those in Fargo who could go to this event, but won't because they think it costs too much. Don't think I was calling any particular person a tightwad. Chill out a bit rutland.

met1990
01-28-2010, 02:55 PM
Well I guess you are just to sensitive regarding a generic ribbing using the word "tightwads" to describe those in Fargo who could go to this event, but won't because they think it costs too much. Don't think I was calling any particular person a tightwad. Chill out a bit rutland.

The tightwad remark coming from the guy that was considering not coming up every weekend next season because it costs too much to watch an inferior product???! You better not miss out on the epic games against Western Illi..well, um..Indiana Sta...well, um..there is one TBA left and that's gonna be a doozy!!! ;)

SDbison
01-28-2010, 02:59 PM

Now that you mention the BSA, I had a discussion with an NDSU volunteer that called me last night to raise money for the athletic department. They wanted $50 and I would have said yes, but I said enough is enough when I found out it was for no specific purpose. Had a long discussion with this Freshman about the bad shape the BSA is in. She agreed that her classmates often comment negatively about the BSA. So I said I would give, and would give much more than $50, if they get a fund going specifically for completing BSA improvements and / or a new arena. I asked her to pass this along and vowed I would write Gene Taylor about this subject by the end of this week.

SDbison
01-28-2010, 04:08 PM
The tightwad remark coming from the guy that was considering not coming up every weekend next season because it costs too much to watch an inferior product???! You better not miss out on the epic games against Western Illi..well, um..Indiana Sta...well, um..there is one TBA left and that's gonna be a doozy!!! ;)
I have mentioned missing a game now and then and also dropping teammakers, but have yet to actually do so. Doubt you spend anywhere near the several thousand dollars I spend every year for teammakers, football season tickets, commuting and lodging costs along with other single game tickets for away games and other NDSU sports.

Kermit
01-28-2010, 04:40 PM
Doubt you spend anywhere near the several thousand dollars I spend every year for teammakers, football season tickets, commuting and lodging costs along with other single game tickets for away games and other NDSU sports.

Yep, that deserves some respect!

SDbison
01-28-2010, 04:47 PM
Yep, that deserves some respect!
Wasn't looking for any recognition. Thanks anyway. Wish I could justify spending more money on NDSU athletics and probably will in the future.
Hint: A pair of basketball season tickets will happen when the new Arena is built.
I spend the amount I do because I want to watch Bison athletics and enjoy the experience with other Bison fans. :nod:

Bisonfan1
01-28-2010, 05:13 PM
Wasn't looking for any recognition. Thanks anyway. Wish I could justify spending more money on NDSU athletics and probably will in the future.
Hint: A pair of basketball season tickets will happen when the new Arena is built.
I spend the amount I do because I want to watch Bison athletics and enjoy the experience with other Bison fans. :nod:

Come on SD you would go to a 3rd grade flag football game if there was jag bombs involved !! :D

tjbison
01-28-2010, 05:17 PM

I'll bet my left nut your not the only one!!!

met1990
01-28-2010, 05:44 PM
I have mentioned missing a game now and then and also dropping teammakers, but have yet to actually do so. Doubt you spend anywhere near the several thousand dollars I spend every year for teammakers, football season tickets, commuting and lodging costs along with other single game tickets for away games and other NDSU sports.

Should we compare NDSU donations or just go straight to penis size?

Have a sense of humor once in a while. You're great at dishing out ribs but sure can't take 'em.

Regardless, have fun at signing day for everyone that attends. Hopefully they can announce some additional coaches then too...

tjbison
01-28-2010, 05:53 PM
Can't we all just get along??????????????

:D :D

met1990
01-28-2010, 05:58 PM
Can't we all just get along??????????????

:D :D

Haha--Until the Bison sign a kicker, I think all bets are off the table...

Bisonfan1
01-28-2010, 06:26 PM

POST OF THE DAY !!!

Kermit
01-28-2010, 07:19 PM
Should we compare NDSU donations or just go straight to penis size?

This isn't going to be another thread about PL's sausage, is it?

56BISON73
01-28-2010, 07:36 PM
This isn't going to be another thread about PL's sausage, is it?

Just had Italian sausage for lunch:D

bisonmike2
01-28-2010, 07:36 PM

Who needs a kicker? We'll be getting our points 6 at a time, then going for 2. No Mercy! We're sweeping the leg next year!

bisonmike2
01-28-2010, 07:39 PM
Just had Italian sausage for lunch:D

What was his name? Antonio? Bruno? Demitri?

Sorry, I could help it.:D

rutlandbison
01-28-2010, 07:44 PM
Well I guess you are just too sensitive regarding a generic ribbing using the word "tightwads" to describe those in Fargo who could go to this event, but won't because they think it costs too much. Don't think I was calling any particular person a tightwad. Chill out a bit rutland.
ok, im chilled.

tony
01-28-2010, 07:52 PM
Who needs a kicker? We'll be getting our points 6 at a time, then going for 2. No Mercy! We're sweeping the leg next year!

Testify!

Next year:

Four down territory starts at the 50.
Field goal attempts are the devil.
Score the TD and then give them the horns (convert the two-pointer).

56BISON73
01-28-2010, 07:59 PM
What was his name? Antonio? Bruno? Demitri?

Sorry, I could help it.:D

I was just thinking that I was setting myself up to get a reply such as yours.:D

(Johnson--ville)

GOB1SON
01-28-2010, 08:03 PM
http://101tees.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/abefroman2.jpg