PDA

View Full Version : A serious question to Bison Fans

bisonfan11
01-27-2010, 02:00 PM
Okay, I have been a Bison fan since '04 (when I moved from Alexandria to Moorhead), and I hear a lot about the spring game. What I am wondering is this, is the Spring game open to the public? I have been wondering for a while now, and if it is open to the public how do I get tickets. If it is open to the public my wife and I would love to see the Bison even if it is a preseason type game. Please don't send any bad comments to this post. I am a fairly new fan and all I want is an answer to my question. Thanks.

tony
01-27-2010, 02:05 PM
Howdy!

Yep, the spring game is open to the public and, better yet, it's free. It's not quite like a real game but you do get to see the new guys.

There is usually some other stuff going on too, like a silent auction in the Fargodome concourse and a catered meal (the meal is not free.)

GradBison
01-27-2010, 02:18 PM
And no tickets needed, just show up at the dome.

I'm really looking forward to this year's game, the QB situation didn't help the last couple of years.

1bizon1
01-27-2010, 02:24 PM
Don't forget the NDSU Rummage Sale. You can buy NDSU jerseys, new shoes, basically many things no longer needed. Some new, some used. Pretty good deals.

HandoEX
01-27-2010, 02:25 PM
For the love of God, can someone please organize some tailgating at this year's spring game?????

roadwarrior
01-27-2010, 02:26 PM
The date for the spring game has not been set yet. It is usually in the later part of April.

SDbison
01-27-2010, 02:27 PM
No bad comments, but the fact you don't know about when, where, how much, proves what many have been saying here for a long time.
HOW ABOUT NDSU ADVERTISE THIS GAME A BIT MORE. MAKE IT AN EVENT FOR FAMILIES, TAILGATERS, ETC.
Would be fun to see a full dome. Thank you for your interest in Bison football. Seriously!

1bizon1
01-27-2010, 02:28 PM
Excellent points SD. Reps to you!

bisonfan11
01-27-2010, 02:32 PM
Thank you all for the info. This chat room pretty much sums up what I love most about Bison football. The FANS, you all are pretty cool to me and while we may all not agree on everything I think that the Bison have the best "fan base" of any college team. I will pay attention to when the Spring Game is and as long as I don't work my wife and I (yes even my wife is a Bison an will be there). Anyways I feel that there is a lot of intrigue in this spring game starting with what quarterback will look the most impressive.

DIGRAPPLER
01-27-2010, 05:31 PM
Welcome Bison11. I would suggest that you sign up for the email news on gobison.com. You can pick which sports you want information on and it will keep up up to date on all the events, press releases, etc. As far as the spring game goes it is pretty good they have a huge sale where you can buy jerseys and stuff for cheap.

tjbison
01-27-2010, 05:34 PM
Welcome Bison11. I would suggest that you sign up for the email news on gobison.com. You can pick which sports you want information on and it will keep up up to date on all the events, press releases, etc. As far as the spring game goes it is pretty good they have a huge sale where you can buy jerseys and stuff for cheap.

I bought a BBall and Football for like $4;)

Tatanka
01-27-2010, 05:58 PM
Welcome to the board, and I'll just go ahead and toss this out there: There WILL be tailgating at the spring game.

TransAmBison
01-27-2010, 06:00 PM
Welcome to the board, and I'll just go ahead and toss this out there: There WILL be tailgating at the spring game.
TAB approves of this message.

MNLonghorn10
01-27-2010, 06:02 PM
i need das boot. even if i dont goto the game.

HandoEX
01-27-2010, 06:19 PM

In for this with das boot ready to rock.

ndsubison1
01-27-2010, 07:28 PM
spring football is the 3rd most popular sport at ndsu

SDbison
01-27-2010, 07:34 PM
Hey Bisonfan1........you organizing a tailgate extravaganza for the Spring game? Again, what is NDSU's and Dome Nazis attitude about having a couple beers in the lot before the Spring game? Plastic cup and don't ask, don't tell as I recall.
I didn't go to the spring game for some reason last year :blush:so I don't know the current policy.

VanClubPres
01-27-2010, 07:35 PM
TAB approves of this message.

The Van Club also endorses this event.

EndZoneQB
01-27-2010, 08:46 PM
Okay, I have been a Bison fan since '04 (when I moved from Alexandria to Moorhead), and I hear a lot about the spring game. What I am wondering is this, is the Spring game open to the public? I have been wondering for a while now, and if it is open to the public how do I get tickets. If it is open to the public my wife and I would love to see the Bison even if it is a preseason type game. Please don't send any bad comments to this post. I am a fairly new fan and all I want is an answer to my question. Thanks.

Just taking a shot in the dark here, Hittle??

1bizon1
01-27-2010, 09:04 PM
Hey Bisonfan1........you organizing a tailgate extravaganza for the Spring game? Again, what is NDSU's and Dome Nazis attitude about having a couple beers in the lot before the Spring game? Plastic cup and don't ask, don't tell as I recall.
I didn't go to the spring game for some reason last year :blush:so I don't know the current policy.

I remember ALOT of fresh snow. Maybe you couldn't make it up here? Or was that two years ago? Last years delayed due to sandbagging in the Dome?

bisonhusker
01-27-2010, 09:16 PM
Last year was a mess due to the flood. The event is very well run. The Spring game is a blast. I agree it will need to be promoted better this year. last year I think it was on Mother's Day due to the flood and the only day we could even use the dome. It will be a big deal this year.

Bison bison
01-27-2010, 09:21 PM
April 24th.

Be there or be L7.

SDbison
01-27-2010, 10:08 PM
I remember ALOT of fresh snow. Maybe you couldn't make it up here? Or was that two years ago? Last years delayed due to sandbagging in the Dome?
Yeah two years ago I drove about 320 miles instead of 240 as I had to detour at Brookings as interstate was closed from there to North Dakota border. I drove east into Minnnesota and had to take additional detours to avoid roads plugged by stuck vehicles. The normal 3 hour trip took over 5 hours, but I made it in time for the game.
Hmmmm.....last year I was depressed about the QB situation and didn't make the trip.

SDbison
01-27-2010, 10:10 PM
Last year was a mess due to the flood. The event is very well run. The Spring game is a blast. I agree it will need to be promoted better this year. last year I think it was on Mother's Day due to the flood and the only day we could even use the dome. It will be a big deal this year.
So who is in charge of making this an event? Time to start planning now if NDSU Football is serious about making it bigger and better.

Tatanka
01-27-2010, 10:44 PM

There was no harassment on the booze angle two years ago IIRC. The two rent-a-cops just smiled, ate some food, and went about their business.

56BISON73
01-28-2010, 02:55 AM
So who is in charge of making this an event? Time to start planning now if NDSU Football is serious about making it bigger and better.

Call Simmers. Explain how the spring game is a huge event at allot of schools now and wonder if Team Makers or the athletic dept is going to do something because you know of some people that would like to make it an event also. It would be good for the auctions etc.

If his answer isnt to your liking ask him if you can organize a tailgate party and see where it goes from there.

MNLonghorn10
01-28-2010, 04:37 AM
Yeah two years ago I drove about 320 miles instead of 240 as I had to detour at Brookings as interstate was closed from there to North Dakota border. I drove east into Minnnesota and had to take additional detours to avoid roads plugged by stuck vehicles. The normal 3 hour trip took over 5 hours, but I made it in time for the game.
Hmmmm.....last year I was depressed about the QB situation and didn't make the trip.

LOL

god youre the man

Twentysix
01-28-2010, 05:22 AM
Last years spring game mertens was the QB for both teams, im guessing this isnt standard right? Like Mohler on one team and Jensen on the other?

Too bad they wouldnt let mertens be the QB for both teams in actual games, we would of won almost every game then!

MNLonghorn10
01-28-2010, 05:31 AM
Last years spring game mertens was the QB for both teams, im guessing this isnt standard right? Like Mohler on one team and Jensen on the other?

Too bad they wouldnt let mertens be the QB for both teams in actual games, we would of won almost every game then!

mertens would've looked like peyton manning vs the bison secondary.

EndZoneQB
01-28-2010, 05:36 AM
mertens would've looked like peyton manning vs the bison secondary.

Why do you think he started? Practice makes perfect(appearance).

NDSUFan_Sav
01-28-2010, 06:42 AM
For the love of God, can someone please organize some tailgating at this year's spring game?????

Bisonfan1 had his going last year, some of us sat outside in the lot and enjoyed some nice weather. Few people had some things set up but not that big.