PDA

View Full Version : What news is next?

Mr. Burgundy
01-25-2010, 03:51 PM
What will we hear about first?

Recruiting news? What player and what position?

Coaching staff?

Not a rumor out there on a coach?

met1990
01-25-2010, 04:12 PM
What will we hear about first?

Coaching staff?

Not a rumor out there on a coach?

Is Lakes still alive?

IronRanger
01-25-2010, 04:20 PM
Is Lakes still alive?

I think he is still a little queasy in the big Easy....

NDSUFan_Sav
01-25-2010, 04:37 PM
I think he is still a little queasy in the big Easy....

he didn't go to the Big easy

I think recruiting first being next week is signing day.

westnodak93bison
01-25-2010, 04:38 PM
How important is it to have the staff in place before official signing day?
Are there any concerns with any of the verbals backing out?

BisonNeil
01-25-2010, 05:09 PM
How important is it to have the staff in place before official signing day?
Are there any concerns with any of the verbals backing out?

The staff was down three at this time last year and there was no problem signing everyone that had verballed. I am not too concerned about that at this point.

Notorious
01-25-2010, 05:13 PM
How can we not have filled either position yet? Are we unattractive to those we want, or is something else causing the delay?

EndZoneQB
01-25-2010, 05:19 PM
I have been contacted for the LB coaching position.

Notorious
01-25-2010, 06:12 PM
I have been contacted for the LB coaching position.

Let me guess....you're following Kiffen to USC.

DjKyRo
01-25-2010, 06:18 PM

I heard he used to date Kim Kardashian.

Kermit
01-25-2010, 07:08 PM

My guess is that barring de-commitments, the staff has met their original goals for this class. I would further guess, that they generally have a scholarship or two in their pockets to use if a big-time player should fall into their laps, i.e. an FBS transfer that they like. It is possible they could still land a higher profile kid in this class like Fred Jackson, the 3-star DB from Texas.

I also have a hunch that a kicker will be announced on signing day as a preferred walk-on.

EndZoneQB
01-25-2010, 07:34 PM

Negative, at SU. I did my graduate assistance here as well.

Bisonguy
01-25-2010, 07:46 PM
Weren't the coaching positions officially listed only last week?

SDbison
01-25-2010, 08:46 PM
Sounds like SDSU got some good kicking recruits to verbal. Wish Bohl would put a greater emphasis on getting some decent punter / kickers. He does to that position like he used to with QB's (oh and Drago was a WR turned surprise great punter if someone wants to chime in with that response). According to Terry V regarding SDSU's recent recruit:

The other verbal is the second from Brandon Valley this year - Ethan Sawyer. The 6-foot-2, 180-pound senior will punt and he's ranked 18th nationally at that position. But he could also kick if necessary as he's ranked 40th at that spot. (SDSU also landed No. 52 kicker Justin Syrovatka.) And he was an all-conference linebacker this season.
Sawyer did, however, suffer a knee injury in the season finale. He's had surgery, is ahead of schedule with rehab and expects to be ready for fall camp.
For now, Sawyer will be a preferred walk-on, but he could earn a scholarship in his second year with starting punter Dean Priddy set to graduate. He had similar opportunities at UND, Montana State and UNI. USD was not in the mix even though his older brother, Sam, is a kicker there. (As an aside, Sam was seriously injured in a recent skiing accident.)
"SDSU has had a couple great kickers," Sawyers said. "I don't know if there's something in the water in Brookings or what."

johnson
01-25-2010, 09:04 PM
Weren't the coaching positions officially listed only last week?
They just listed them but said it should only take a couple weeks for them to be filled. I believe the hiring freeze was supposed to be lifted by the end of Jan. or early Feb. It would be nice to avoid the negative PR if the hiring freeze is lifted before they are hired. But what is another article by the Forum or topic on KFGO that is full of lies?

Bison_Pride
01-25-2010, 09:16 PM
Get your applications in now:

https://www.ndworkforceconnection.com/jobbanks/jobdetails.asp?session=jobsearch&geo=&oescode=&ordernum=144517&src=EDU&zip=58102&radius=10&geotype=zip&city=&idnum=262181&keyword=coach&site=NorthDakotaStateUniv

baseballfan7
01-25-2010, 09:19 PM
Sounds like SDSU got some good kicking recruits to verbal. Wish Bohl would put a greater emphasis on getting some decent punter / kickers. He does to that position like he used to with QB's (oh and Drago was a WR turned surprise great punter if someone wants to chime in with that response). According to Terry V regarding SDSU's recent recruit:

The other verbal is the second from Brandon Valley this year - Ethan Sawyer. The 6-foot-2, 180-pound senior will punt and he's ranked 18th nationally at that position. But he could also kick if necessary as he's ranked 40th at that spot. (SDSU also landed No. 52 kicker Justin Syrovatka.) And he was an all-conference linebacker this season.
Sawyer did, however, suffer a knee injury in the season finale. He's had surgery, is ahead of schedule with rehab and expects to be ready for fall camp.
For now, Sawyer will be a preferred walk-on, but he could earn a scholarship in his second year with starting punter Dean Priddy set to graduate. He had similar opportunities at UND, Montana State and UNI. USD was not in the mix even though his older brother, Sam, is a kicker there. (As an aside, Sam was seriously injured in a recent skiing accident.)
"SDSU has had a couple great kickers," Sawyers said. "I don't know if there's something in the water in Brookings or what."

There is still a good kicker and punter in South Dakota that is still available. I have been wondering if a kicker would be brought in, but have yet to hear much of one being recruited yet.

Twentysix
01-26-2010, 04:52 AM
They just listed them but said it should only take a couple weeks for them to be filled. I believe the hiring freeze was supposed to be lifted by the end of Jan. or early Feb. It would be nice to avoid the negative PR if the hiring freeze is lifted before they are hired. But what is another article by the Forum or topic on KFGO that is full of lies?

The hiring freeze isnt really a hiring freeze, i mentioned it on another topic. Any position that previously existed is to be filled with no effect. Any new position being created "Must recieve permission" this permission is apparently extremely easy to get as my girlfriend works for bison connection and they have way overspent there budget, yet with a simple request they were able to create another fulltime position for a recent graduate.

The interm president is a monkey on strings, the hiring freeze is a political smokescreen and further justification for axing chapman parading a superficial deficit (Someone else said this, dont remeber who, but the current NDSU deficit is something like 105% of one days budget. Meaning if NDSU were to not operate and had no expenses (Say today, and didnt pay any employees either) They would almost be out of the hole).

tony
01-26-2010, 05:35 AM
News? Well, I think that the Forum Communications can get at least ten more stories from the president's house to go along with the dozen "crises" that Hanson will announce.

rutlandbison
01-26-2010, 05:52 AM
none news..

Tatanka
01-26-2010, 01:38 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/267067/
:rolleyes:

aces1180
01-26-2010, 01:58 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/267067/
:rolleyes:

Geez...The Forum just can't drop it, can they?

Here come the NDSU haters in the comments section.

WYOBISONMAN
01-26-2010, 03:35 PM
What's next???? Dogs and cats sleeping together......my oh my!

http://blog.timesunion.com/bark/files/2009/05/cat-and-dog-sleep.jpg

bisonhusker
01-26-2010, 04:38 PM
Coaches Press Conf today at 2PM. Hope to find out we have some new coaches?