PDA

View Full Version : Saturday in the Summit

NDSUstudent
01-23-2010, 10:37 PM
IPFW(3-5) vs NDSU(3-4)- Huge game among two teams in the middle of Summit pack. Key match up should be Yearby vs Tveidt. Look for the Bison to come out with some fire after losing a tough game against Oakland. NDSU 81 IPFW 71

IUPUI(7-1) vs UMKC(3-4)- This could be a trap game for the Jaguars, who are coming off a long trip from Cedar City and might be looking ahead to playing Oakland at home next Thursday. I think IUPUI will pull it out, but it might be a little too close for comfort. IUPUI 71 UMKC 65

ORU(5-3) vs Centenary(2-6)- After a fast start the Gents have fallen off the map, losing five or their last six league games. Look for ORU to dominate, as the Gents just don't have enough size to stop Ford and company. ORU 81 Centenary 68

WIU(1-7) vs SUU(1-7)- This is a the cellar dweller battle, the loser of this game could likely be out of contention for making it to SF. I'll take the Thunderbirds at home, but this game could be an ugly one to watch. SUU 61 WIU 54

Game of the Night

Oakland(8-0) vs SDSU(6-2)- With a win Oakland could all but remove another team from Summit title contention. The Griz would stand at 9-0, with only one game against left at one of the Summit's top teams left. For SDSU this is their shot to make some noise and perhaps knock a little wind out of Oakland's sails.

For SDSU to win they will need to shoot at a high percentage because it will be hard to score on Benson in the paint. They also must rebound well, getting out-rebounded like they did against IPFW will lead to a Oakland rout. I think the Jacks hang around, but Oakland is a team on a mission. Oakland 75 SDSU 68