PDA

View Full Version : Thursday in the Summit

NDSUstudent
01-21-2010, 09:30 PM
IPFW(3-4) vs SDSU(5-2)- The Mastodons have won just one game on the road all season(at SIU Edwardsville). Their chances won't get any easier in picking up a win tonight at Frost Arena. The Rabbits have lost just one game and no doubt will be hungry after dropping a game against NDSU last week. SDSU 75 IPFW 69

WIU(1-6) vs UMKC(2-4)- This is a pivotal cellar dweller matchup, with a win UMKC could further entrench WIU in the league's 9th spot which means no trip to Sioux Falls. I think the Roos do just that, WIU is just not good enough to win on the road. UMKC 60 WIU 54

IUPUI(6-1) vs SUU(1-6) On paper this match up is a huge mismatch but at SUU anything is possible. I think the Jaguars will stumble through what will end up being a closer than expected game. IUPUI 68 SUU 63

Game of the Night

Oakland(7-0) vs NDSU(3-3) This game is poised to be either Oakland's revenge or the shot heard round the Summit. We all know what NDSU did to Grizz last year so a win in Fargo would have to be sweet. For NDSU knocking off Oakland, even at home, would not only drop a red hot Oakland team back towards the rest of the pack but it would show that NDSU still has some life after a rough start.

Oakland is currently breezing through the league, winners of their last seven games, and the Grizz even pulled off a win in Tulsa, so this isn't all being done inside of the friendly confines of the Orena.

Meanwhile NDSU has been playing a better brand of basketball as of late, Austin Pennick and Sam Sussenguth have really risen up over the past few weeks to fill the void that injuries and a suspension have left. The fact that both of these teams are playing well right now makes this game very intriguing and I haven't even brought up the fact that 4 of the last 5 match ups between these two teams went down to the final possession of the game.

I want to pick NDSU, I think they can win if they execute like against Iowa State. But I have to take off the homer hat and will say Oakland wins a close game. Oakland 75 NDSU 73

NDSUstudent
01-22-2010, 03:41 AM
Finals

Oakland-85
NDSU-79

IPFW-64
SDSU-65

WIU-57
UMKC-61

IUPUI-75
SUU-60

BisBison