PDA

View Full Version : Do streaks matter?

Swany
01-20-2010, 02:23 AM
Do winning/losing streaks against an opponent matter (particularly in a "rivalry game")? That was a question thrown at NDSU & SDSU players and coaches following last weekend's games. The Jackrabbit women stretched their win streak over NDSU to nine games. The Bison men stretched their win streak over SDSU to seven games.

The coaches gave the more typical coach speak, i.e., "one game at a time," whereas the players were a little more direct, i.e., the streak is something on their minds. "To lose this one really sucks," said one SDSU player.

http://www.bisonillustrated.com/s.php?s=107

Thoughts?

DjKyRo
01-20-2010, 02:57 AM
Once again Swany, nice article. I like the focus on the NDSU-SDSU rivalry - considering some peoples' attitudes towards NDSU-UND it seems like it's currently THE rivalry, and having one of those is always a fun part of the college experience and a big deal for the program's fans. I wish we had more coverage like this, kudos!

Herd
01-20-2010, 04:22 AM
If it's a losing streak, and it continues, then it matters.

mebisonII
01-20-2010, 01:55 PM
So Swany...heard there's an opening at WDAY....

bisonaudit
01-20-2010, 01:59 PM
The only people it matters to are fans and the coach that's going to get fired if it goes on to long.

Rosters turn over so fast that winning or losing streaks to a praticular opponent don't mean anything to the actual outcome of the next game.

Facts
01-23-2010, 05:16 PM
Streaks do matter, especially in your underwear :hide: .

CaBisonFan
01-24-2010, 02:58 AM
It can get into your head as a player. Shouldn't...but it sometimes does. I've experienced it. Not sure why or how.

devin45k
01-27-2010, 05:22 AM
Streaks do matter, especially in your underwear :hide: .

thats the first thing I thought of

TheDoctor
01-27-2010, 11:33 AM
Streaks matter when the media relations department is looking for a story. The problem is they can create a streak out of nothing. "NDSU puts their 11 game winning streak when it above 40 degrees in January and the attendance at the game is below 4,000 on the line tonight when they meet...." :rofl: ;)