PDA

View Full Version : Oakland this week! Predictions?

HoopsBison
01-19-2010, 04:43 AM
Alright enough with the bunny turds, we beat them and we need to focus our attention to the next opponent the Oakland Grizz.

The best team in the summit is coming to town this Thursday. You can bet they will be ready for us as we did end their season last year.

Whose all going? I will be in the student section, lets make it loud again. (Non students) dont be afraid to get up and yell.

This will be a very tough game for the Bison and they will need to start out strong to stay in this game. I see Oakland as a lot like us last year, they are not going to lose many in conference games.

My prediction: 78-70 Grizz :(

I think the team learns a lot but in the end the Grizz are to much.

NDSUFan_Sav
01-19-2010, 04:55 AM
78-65 Oakland...sorry but they're that good....hope i'm way off!

heckler
01-19-2010, 05:25 AM
It will be closer than what people think. All I know is that Slick is taking JJ's dad out to Labby's.

lakesbison
01-19-2010, 05:27 AM
JJ's DaD owe's us Beer's doesnt he?? or is that just down at sioux falls?

Here's what I wanna see, Aaberg/Sussenguth/Nagle to use 15 hard fouls on benson and Tviedt on JJ, yes I said that.

NDSUFan_Sav
01-19-2010, 05:46 AM
It will be closer than what people think. All I know is that Slick is taking JJ's dad out to Labby's.

so you're saying my prediction sucks???

ndsubison1
01-19-2010, 05:48 AM
i can see it being close the whole game but I think Oakland takes this one: 75-70

student section needs to be like it was Friday if we have any chance. our team thrives off of the crowd

heckler
01-19-2010, 06:45 AM
so you're saying my prediction sucks???

http://tribewithted.mlblogs.com/you-suck.jpg

DjKyRo
01-19-2010, 08:09 AM
This is one I have to chalk up to them being a much more experienced and deep team. We're in a down year and despite the promise our guys show they still have a few improvements to make to have a good shot at beating the best team in league. Lest we forget they beat UW-GB by 20 after we lost to UW-GB.

The home court advantage might play a part in a close game but as much as it hurts I have to give this one to the Griz - 78-64 Oakland.

That said, I look forward to the taste of crow on Friday morning! ;)

Twentysix
01-19-2010, 02:36 PM
This is one I have to chalk up to them being a much more experienced and deep team. We're in a down year and despite the promise our guys show they still have a few improvements to make to have a good shot at beating the best team in league. Lest we forget they beat UW-GB by 20 after we lost to UW-GB.

The home court advantage might play a part in a close game but as much as it hurts I have to give this one to the Griz - 78-64 Oakland.

That said, I look forward to the taste of crow on Friday morning! ;)

Honestly our team is a much better team now then it was at that time. If we played UW-GB now it would be very close. That being said 83-81 NDSU (Oakland wins 9 out of 10 but we win 1 out of 10 baby!) Our only shot is to shoot the lights out.

Twentysix
01-19-2010, 02:45 PM

Here's what I wanna see, Aaberg/Sussenguth/Nagle to use 15 hard fouls on benson and Tviedt on JJ, yes I said that.

We dont have the depth for the aformentioned plan. Lets see nagle control him. He can foul out. Goose and aaberg have been offensive assets.

ndsubison1
01-19-2010, 07:56 PM

pennick will be on JJ and tveidt will be on Nelson

TheBisonator
01-19-2010, 08:31 PM
If we lose by single digits, I consider it a moral victory.

Twentysix
01-19-2010, 08:52 PM

I wont negative rep you....but moral victorys are for firetrucks.

bisonhusker
01-19-2010, 09:00 PM

I cannot believe I just read this pathetic post.

TheBisonator
01-19-2010, 09:58 PM

Hey, you don't like it, TS. I don't think we have a good chance in this game.

If we win, I'll gladly come back and admit I was wrong.

heckler
01-19-2010, 10:55 PM

Not gonna lie, you disappointed me, kind of expected more from you...

Facts
01-19-2010, 11:26 PM
I predict the Matchbox will be hotter than a sweatlodge, and so will be MT's shooting touch. You heard it here second, The Bison win a thriller! 82-81.

unbison
01-19-2010, 11:38 PM

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++==

SDbison
01-19-2010, 11:39 PM
You sound more negative than SDbison after the whiskey is gone!

unbison
01-19-2010, 11:40 PM
This team is not coached by a fella wearing sarah palin glasses at the press conference..............have a little faith

BisBison
01-19-2010, 11:54 PM
This team is not coached by a fella wearing sarah palin glasses at the press conference..............have a little faith

I think there really called Tina Fey glasses aren't they?;)

lakesbison
01-20-2010, 01:53 AM
have another chicken wing bisonator (i still dont believe he passed the bucket down last week at the game)

heckler
01-20-2010, 02:07 AM
here is the latest ugly sister contest or whatever unbison calls it ;)

http://www.collegeinsider.com/mmpoll/

1. Northern Iowa (25)
2. Gonzaga (6)
3. Butler
4. Cornell
5. Siena
6. Old Dominion
7. St. Mary's
8. Wichita State
9. Western Carolina
10. William & Mary
11. Murray State
12. Northern Colorado
13. Western Kentucky
14. College of Charleston
15. Oakland
16. Missouri State
17. VCU
18. Akron
19. Coastal Carolina
20. Illinois State
21. Buffalo
22. Northeastern
23. Texas San Antonio
24. Harvard
25. Vermont

lakesbison
01-20-2010, 04:25 AM
UNI lost tonite.

Texas San Antonio?? ha ha. thats a joke.

X-Factor
01-20-2010, 04:28 AM
It will take a special effort from Goose and Aaberg to prevent this from turning into a Benson dunk fest. I am sure the guys are up for this challenge.

BlueBisonRock
01-20-2010, 04:42 AM
You sound more negative than SDbison after the whiskey is gone!

This is good humor! :bow:

NDSUFan_Sav
01-20-2010, 05:19 AM
UNI lost tonite.

Texas San Antonio?? ha ha. thats a joke.

they're actually a decent team this year as much as that sounds hilarious its true.

Went to Iowa and beat them which granted Iowa isn't that good went to Oklahoma St and lost by 6, they got 3 losses and aside from a bad game in Utah losing by 22 their other 2 losses are by 6 and 2.

NDSUFan_Sav
01-20-2010, 05:21 AM
here is the latest ugly sister contest or whatever unbison calls it ;)

http://www.collegeinsider.com/mmpoll/

1. Northern Iowa (25)
2. Gonzaga (6)
3. Butler
4. Cornell
5. Siena
6. Old Dominion
7. St. Mary's
8. Wichita State
9. Western Carolina
10. William & Mary
11. Murray State
12. Northern Colorado
13. Western Kentucky
14. College of Charleston
15. Oakland
16. Missouri State
17. VCU
18. Akron
19. Coastal Carolina
20. Illinois State
21. Buffalo
22. Northeastern
23. Texas San Antonio
24. Harvard
25. Vermont

I think St Mary's is kind of high on that list right now, maybe i'm wrong but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Oakland would beat them.

ndsubison1
01-20-2010, 07:16 AM
we all know about benson, jones, nelson, wright and hudson. but a guy that nobody knows about is ledrick eackles. he's a frosh for oakland and has had some impressive games as of late. an insurgence by him the last few games is prolly one reason oakland has been improving.

unbison
01-20-2010, 11:45 AM
Hey guys its the cutest fat girl list

Twentysix
01-20-2010, 02:08 PM
Northern Iowa #22 7-1 - 16-2
I dont think they deserve top 25 high major. They havent played any real deal teams...and they dont have a perfect record.

Shockers look like a better team to me and they dont deserve it either.

Kermit
01-20-2010, 02:29 PM
My prediction is that we are going to see a well-coached, well-prepared, tough, and aggressive Bison team battle tooth and nail against an outstanding Oakland team. D-I basketball in Fargo at the BSA!

As a fan base, let's bring the same level of support and excitement that we had last Friday against the Jacks. I'm confident that the players and coaches will do their part.

Go Bison!!

Germane
01-20-2010, 05:41 PM
Oakland fan here. I've seen several of your games either online or on TV this year (I was rooting hard for the Bison against Iowa State), and I've been impressed by Tveidt, Carlson, and Vaughan. They are very creative offensively and can score in a variety of ways. I think the rest of the league expected Tviedt to be great, but Carlson and Vaughan have surprised me a little (due to being completely overshadowed by your seniors last year). I was also surprised at how good Sussenguth looked in your win over the Jacks.

For what it's worth, here's an article from the Detroit Free Press looking forward to the game Thursday night: http://www.freep.com/article/20100120/SPORTS08/1200303/1356/sports/N.D.-State-loss-still-stings-Oakland-Grizzlies. I wouldn't make too much of the revenge factor, but there's no doubt that Oakland will be motivated for this game.

I won't make a prediction, other than to say that I expect the game to be very close and very physical.

SlickVic
01-20-2010, 05:52 PM
Oakland fan here. I've seen several of your games either online or on TV this year (I was rooting hard for the Bison against Iowa State), and I've been impressed by Tveidt, Carlson, and Vaughan. They are very creative offensively and can score in a variety of ways. I think the rest of the league expected Tviedt to be great, but Carlson and Vaughan have surprised me a little (due to being completely overshadowed by your seniors last year). I was also surprised at how good Sussenguth looked in your win over the Jacks.

For what it's worth, here's an article from the Detroit Free Press looking forward to the game Thursday night: http://www.freep.com/article/20100120/SPORTS08/1200303/1356/sports/N.D.-State-loss-still-stings-Oakland-Grizzlies. I wouldn't make too much of the revenge factor, but there's no doubt that Oakland will be motivated for this game.

I won't make a prediction, other than to say that I expect the game to be very close and very physical.

SDbison on the front page of the sports section in the detroit free press??? that makes my day...my oh my

tjbison
01-20-2010, 05:54 PM
SDbison on the front page of the sports section in the detroit free press??? that makes my day...my oh my

Maybe he tackled the two ORU guys on the court!!

99Bison
01-20-2010, 06:00 PM

awesome! adasalsjdsaljdsa longer

SDbison
01-20-2010, 06:06 PM
Gotta love this excerpt from the article (Oakland players have to look at SD before every game). SD in yo face!

Another motivating factor can be found in player scouting reports. The opponents, stats and strategies may change for each game, but the photo on the front of each scouting report stays the same. It shows two OU players sitting on the court dejected after the tourney loss and NDSU fans racing onto the court.

Trim
01-20-2010, 06:32 PM
Gotta love this excerpt from the article (Oakland players have to look at SD before every game). SD in yo face!

Another motivating factor can be found in player scouting reports. The opponents, stats and strategies may change for each game, but the photo on the front of each scouting report stays the same. It shows two OU players sitting on the court dejected after the tourney loss and NDSU fans racing onto the court.

That is so awesome!

SD = Moses. Parting the sea of dejected Grizzlies and leading the Bison faithful to the promised land.

Twentysix
01-20-2010, 07:35 PM
That is so awesome!

SD = Moses. Parting the sea of dejected Grizzlies and leading the Bison faithful to the promised land.

F___ing bibliocal.

http://neverbesilent.org/en/_STATIC/neverbesilent.org/i/Parting_Red_Sea.JPG

TheBisonator
01-20-2010, 07:57 PM
have another chicken wing bisonator (i still dont believe he passed the bucket down last week at the game)

I took ONE WING dude. I had no use for that bucket of 30 or however many were in there.

Now I have to backtrack a little bit. I think this game will be a close one. We're at home, we've improved since Nov/Dec, and we'll have the crowd on our side. I guess it depends if us students can get behind the guys early.

I'm now gonna say this one may come down to the final minute.

lakesbison
01-20-2010, 09:25 PM
Sd Your Slow! Most Of Us Were Already Out There !!!

ndsubison1
01-20-2010, 09:38 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

56BISON73
01-20-2010, 09:45 PM

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ndsubison1
01-20-2010, 09:54 PM
how about we do the Ohio State chant for this game: "We dont give a **** about the whole state of Michigan, the whole state of Michigan, the whole state of Michigan, we dont give a **** about the whole state of Michigan, we're from North Dakota

CampsandTourneys
01-20-2010, 10:16 PM
I took ONE WING dude. I had no use for that bucket of 30 or however many were in there.

Now I have to backtrack a little bit. I think this game will be a close one. We're at home, we've improved since Nov/Dec, and we'll have the crowd on our side. I guess it depends if us students can get behind the guys early.

I'm now gonna say this one may come down to the final minute.

My predictions is I will make the student section the best it can possibly be.

Tveidt needs to start taking over games and keep the consistency coming from JV and EC

SlickVic
01-20-2010, 10:27 PM
My predictions is I will make the student section the best it can possibly be.

Tveidt needs to start taking over games and keep the consistency coming from JV and EC

i agree...as steve lavin would say if a mouse is in tweets house tomorrow night there is absolutley no reason in the world why we dont go automatic iso 23 get your butt on the block and get to work...somebody call saul and tell him i can conduct a clinic for him on how to run the block anytime anywhere...id be happy to help

X-Factor
01-20-2010, 10:49 PM

Is SD the chubby dude in the hard hat with his hands in the air or the dude with a backwards green bison cap picking a wedgie? :D

ndsubison1
01-21-2010, 01:06 AM

Are you sure you want to be fouling a 78% free throw shooter? If we want to send anybody to the free throw line it's Derick Nelson. He's shooting 57% from there.

99Bison
01-21-2010, 01:12 AM
Is SD the chubby dude in the hard hat with his hands in the air or the dude with a backwards green bison cap picking a wedgie? :D

hard hat man

unbison
01-21-2010, 01:14 AM
F**k am I pumped up for this game!!!!!!!!

ndsubison1
01-21-2010, 01:25 AM
bdubs before the game? sav? lakes? slick? hando? burgandy? anybody?

lakesbison
01-21-2010, 03:10 AM
BWWS. BISON BOMBS. I HAVENT BEEN WASTED FOR A GAME YET LETS DO THIS!! 4pm!!

Twentysix
01-21-2010, 11:28 AM
how about we do the Ohio State chant for this game: "We dont give a **** about the whole state of Michigan, the whole state of Michigan, the whole state of Michigan, we dont give a **** about the whole state of Michigan, we're from North Dakota

Im in! Ten charssss

unbison
01-21-2010, 12:00 PM
bdubs before the game? sav? lakes? slick? hando? burgandy? anybody?

be there between 4 and 5

heckler
01-21-2010, 02:06 PM
I'll be there!

NDSUstudent
01-21-2010, 06:12 PM
Oakland coach Kampe is on WDAY right now...

http://www.wday.com/pages/liveradio

NDSUstudent
01-21-2010, 06:27 PM
Kampe-"If they(NDSU) play like they did at Iowa State, they could win the Summit League tournament again."

He was really impressed with what Saul has done this season, and made sure to say that before the interview was over.

Some other things...
-He thought he may have overscheduled this year but he likes playing the better team because they will expose your weaknesses and that will make you stronger come the end of the season.

-Said he will always remember that Woodside shot

-He also really likes what the Dakota schools have brought to the league and looks forward to bringing USD and UND into the league.

ndsubison1
01-21-2010, 06:32 PM
So what are Bisonville's thoughts on the game? What's the game plan for us? What do we need to do to beat Oakland?

roadwarrior
01-21-2010, 06:37 PM
What do we need to do to beat Oakland?

Just shut down Benson and Jones. :hide:

NDSUstudent
01-21-2010, 06:42 PM
So what are Bisonville's thoughts on the game? What's the game plan for us? What do we need to do to beat Oakland?

I think we need a quick start, and then try to contain Benson like we did with Brackins at Iowa State. That will leave Oakland with some looks, hopefully they miss.

We have to rebound well, that is an absolute must. We can't give Oakland second chances.

This did sound a bit odd, but Kampe said Benson has struggled in guarding smaller players, which certainly works in our favor.

Should be interesting to watch the improving Pennick vs the all-world Jones.

HoopsBison
01-21-2010, 06:45 PM
In order for us to win tonight I feel the following needs to happen.

1) Limit Turnovers, cannot win with a lot of mistakes.
2) Start out hot, I don't like our chances if we fall down early.
3) Jordan or Sam are going to have to play one hell of a game down low on benson. Surely they will get help but if one them steps up tonight it would be huge.
4) Difference maker tonight could be AP, If he can continue to get rim and get fouled and finish it will be a huge boost for this team.

Kermit
01-21-2010, 06:49 PM
Bison need their best, cleanest game. Limit turnovers, shoot a high percentage. Force Oakland to take uncomfortable shots. We may need some minutes/fouls from Andy Nagel tonight. On the other hand, Benson or Hudson may have to try to guard Carlson--could be a handful.

IzzyFlexion
01-21-2010, 06:59 PM
I was thinking about Nagel as well. I'd like to see him rotate into the lineup early and pester Benson with some good ol' physical play. A little bit of "goon" mentality (ala, Bill Lambier).
Hoping AP can apply some effective and disruptive pressure on JJ without picking up early fouls.

Kermit
01-21-2010, 07:16 PM
Hoping AP can apply some effective and disruptive pressure on JJ without picking up early fouls.

Very important. If Austin gets in foul trouble, we will be in a real bind defensively.

ndsubison1
01-21-2010, 08:03 PM
any chance we see a 2-3 zone tonight? ;)

Twentysix
01-21-2010, 08:57 PM
FREETHROWS. We should of won that SDSU game by like 15+ we missed SO many free throws.

Mr. Burgundy
01-21-2010, 09:47 PM
Here we go boys. Big game.

Watch for us to crash the boards as a team. Watch for us to double down on the block and dare them to beat us from deep. They lost Kangus who was their deep shooter. They replaced him with two freak athletes, but not great shooters. We will pound down low and hope they make a couple early three's and they keep shooting them. They are not a great shooting team. We have to rebound and control the tempo.

Austin, STOP giving up dumb fouls. You are critical in this one. AP to start on JJ with Tveidt guarding him alot. Tveidt loves defending the guards. I forget his name, but he had a bad knee last year (Nelson?) is like Freddy Coleman. Just a beast. This will be the best team in the BSA this year. GET TO THE BSA!!!!

MVP: Tveidt. It may not be his stat line, but the amount of defense and effort he will display tonight. Plus, he will play 37 minutes.

GO BISON

Burnt_Secondary
01-21-2010, 09:49 PM
I'm not going to make a prediction but I love how this team is playing lately. I'm expecting a hell of a game.

Let's get out there and rock that BSA.

BTW-I'm coming around to you Saul, don't let me down.

North Side
01-21-2010, 10:21 PM
Upset alert: Game will go to OT 69 72 Bison! OU will have foul trouble which will keep the on the bench most of the game.

DjKyRo
01-21-2010, 10:28 PM
I've been telling everyone I will give up all my birthday presents (B-day is Sunday!) if it means the Vikings will beat the Saints. I'll adopt the same attitude here, GO BISON!

North Side
01-22-2010, 02:10 AM
bottom line if we made our FREE throws we would have won that game

Benson shot lights out from the line wasn't expecting that out of him

tjbison
01-22-2010, 02:28 AM
I'm pretty sure I heard thru the grapevine that our team had the Flu and that the coming Blizzard caused a distraction for Saul all week

:D

roadwarrior
01-22-2010, 02:34 AM
No GDT????

heckler
01-22-2010, 02:35 AM
I'm pretty sure I heard thru the grapevine that our team had the Flu and that the coming Blizzard caused a distraction for Saul all week

:D

REP! Hillarious...

DjKyRo
01-22-2010, 02:35 AM
Man, that was a heck of a game towards the end. Admittedly I was feeling the give-up bug gnawing when they were 7-0 to start the game, but gotta give it to the guys for not getting flustered and for battling back in the 2nd half. Pennick is my love/hate of the game, that 2 + 1 was clutch but missing those freethrows very possibly cost us the game.

Overall defense was a little suspect - against Oakland we really had to double up on Benson and like NDSUstudent said, we needed to hope they missed those 3's. They didn't, but hey, that was the gamble we took.

Drew Lundberg - way to provide a spark tonight. I gotta say I'm sort of intrigued, twice he was able to get wide open lanes to the bucket and if he could have cashed in on that hack we might have been in a whole idfferent ball game (having only been down 3 at the time). Tveidt delivered like we all knew he would, Carlson was totally fearless as usual and Vaughan had another hot night. Gotta say I'm liking what's developing with this team, but it sort of hurts we couldn't cash in on the home games with ORU and Oakland when we had the chance to. Gonna be interesting to see what happens on the road vs. those two and at home vs. IUPUI. Zastrow showed some more characteristic quickness and agility in the lane and although he only cashed 3 points he did have a few nice moves slashing around the hoop. Aaberg is starting to become that dominator, he showed some great hustle tonight and got some good offensive boards that spelled points in what would have been botched possessions. This kid is going to be titanic when he's got Trayvonn and Marshall backing him up.

All in all, it was a tough loss to watch (we seem to be saying that a lot lately :/) but it showed some good things about the team once again. Also nice to see us staying right with the guys predicted to win the Summit and with such an inexperienced team I think that says a lot about our players and coaches. Bring on IPFW!

ndsubison1
01-22-2010, 02:38 AM
difference in the game: they made free throws and we didnt

roadwarrior
01-22-2010, 02:38 AM
Drew Lundberg - way to provide a spark tonight. I gotta say I'm sort of intrigued, twice he was able to get wide open lanes to the bucket....

One time when he blew by #50, I could clearly hear an "Oh Shit" coming from 50's mouth.

Mr. Burgundy
01-22-2010, 02:43 AM
Drew Lundberg.....that is what I am talking about. I was starting to wonder myself. He looked great and changed the tempo of the game. He either got to the rim or drove and dish. He looked like he can play at this level.

Need more out of Aaberg on the offensive end. He must add 30 lbs in a hurry. Not strong enough to finish inside. Sky is the limit, you don't question his effort.

Carlson/Tveidt/Vaughn: Keep doing what you do. Expect an upset in March.

Overall, I am hoping for more minutes out of Goose and Lundberg. That team is so well coached and plays with so much heart. Who would expect we would outrebound ISU and Oakland? Nobody. Can't wait for the future.

Facts
01-22-2010, 02:48 AM
You've gotta hand it 3 to Oakland, they really shot the ball 3 well, making key free throw after key free throw the 3 entire game. Benson is tall... really tall 3. I thought AP did as good as could be expected 3 on Jones. Echkels 3 really impressed. These guys 3 could shoot.
That said, I was really impressed with the grit and determination the Bison played with tonight. They could have got 3 rattled and frustrated 3. They could have thrown in the 3 towel with down 15 with 9:00 to play, but they stuck around and when it was said and down woulda, coulda, shoulda won the game 3. Besides missed free throws, I'm having a hard time figuring out 3 how the Bison lost this game 3, 3, 3, 3.
These Bison have proven they have as good a chance as anybody to win the tournament this year. They are not the favorite, but it could happen. They will be fun to watch the rest of the way.

ndsubison1
01-22-2010, 02:48 AM
sussengueth has been a pleasant surprise

i wish we would have attacked them a little more. there were plenty of times when carlson, aaberg, pennick and whoever would pick up there dribble and look out to pass instead of going up strong at em. who knows, maybe benson would have fouled out...

Twentysix
01-22-2010, 03:11 AM
They have a classy coach. Anyone else think its funny that the coaches are like 5'5. Basketball must of been something else in the 70s or whenever they played. lol.

He had alot of positive stuff to say to the crowd. (if) We dont win the tourney oakland deserves it.

NDSUstudent
01-22-2010, 03:23 AM
I love playing Oakland. We play hard, they play hard, and it is obvious that both teams have a lot of respect each other. Just makes for great basketball.

I agree, if it isn't us winning in SF, I am all in for Kampe's squad.

As for the game, this team just never lets up, the effort is always there. When they are executing it is fun to watch. Now if we could just hit a few more free throws....

That said, NDSU is going to be a team you won't want to see in SF, we may not win it but whoever we face is going to be in for a battle.

SlickVic
01-22-2010, 03:24 AM
You've gotta hand it 3 to Oakland, they really shot the ball 3 well, making key free throw after key free throw the 3 entire game. Benson is tall... really tall 3. I thought AP did as good as could be expected 3 on Jones. Echkels 3 really impressed. These guys 3 could shoot.
That said, I was really impressed with the grit and determination the Bison played with tonight. They could have got 3 rattled and frustrated 3. They could have thrown in the 3 towel with down 15 with 9:00 to play, but they stuck around and when it was said and down woulda, coulda, shoulda won the game 3. Besides missed free throws, I'm having a hard time figuring out 3 how the Bison lost this game 3, 3, 3, 3.
These Bison have proven they have as good a chance as anybody to win the tournament this year. They are not the favorite, but it could happen. They will be fun to watch the rest of the way.

mike tweet #23 shoulda coulda woulda had 40 plus points tonight if he addressed that little mouse in his house properly the best play of the game besides AP serving benson that spalding sandwhich was when tweet got the ball with his back to the basket gave a little dirk like fadeaway and banked it off the backboard tim duncun style...seriously what was #1 or any other mouse trying to guard him in thes league going to do about that? nelson had no chance...i dont know it is what it is michael tweet could score 30+ points every night if he played primarly with his back to the basket and periodically played pick and pop with pretty much any other player on the floor...yeah he scored a game high but it shouldnt have to be that difficult in my humble opinion...josh vaughns defense was pathetic in the first half he got lit up and it looked like he didnt even care...we are close to being a pretty good basketball team i dont think we played particularly well at all tonight but once again my main man AP to the rescue sparked a run and got us right back in it turned JJ over had that and one knocked a mid range jumper down had 2 free throws to tie the game and i feel so bad for him its like hes cursed or something i mean wow...he did a decent job on JJ oaklands got a sick squad best in summit history prolly i dont know...saul seems to make great in game adjustments and he looks so sweet out there but he needs to ride the refs i wouldnt have minded seeing him get teed up to prove a point some of those calls down the stretch were horrible and im not one to critize officials...it was a good game the golden grizzlies looked like they were poised to put us away bye 20 plus and we fought back bottom line saturdays a must win situation...were entering a key stretch of season i dont know what the seedings would be if sioux falls were tommorow but id hate to have to play oakland in the opening game

DjKyRo
01-22-2010, 03:32 AM
mike tweet #23 shoulda coulda woulda had 40 plus points tonight if he addressed that little mouse in his house properly the best play of the game besides AP serving benson that spalding sandwhich was when tweet got the ball with his back to the basket gave a little dirk like fadeaway and banked it off the backboard tim duncun style...seriously what was #1 or any other mouse trying to guard him in thes league going to do about that? nelson had no chance...i dont know it is what it is michael tweet could score 30+ points every night if he played primarly with his back to the basket and periodically played pick and pop with pretty much any other player on the floor...yeah he scored a game high but it shouldnt have to be that difficult in my humble opinion...josh vaughns defense was pathetic in the first half he got lit up and it looked like he didnt even care...we are close to being a pretty good basketball team i dont think we played particularly well at all tonight but once again my main man AP to the rescue sparked a run and got us right back in it turned JJ over had that and one knocked a mid range jumper down had 2 free throws to tie the game and i feel so bad for him its like hes cursed or something i mean wow...he did a decent job on JJ oaklands got a sick squad best in summit history prolly i dont know...saul seems to make great in game adjustments and he looks so sweet out there but he needs to ride the refs i wouldnt have minded seeing him get teed up to prove a point some of those calls down the stretch were horrible and im not one to critize officials...it was a good game the golden grizzlies looked like they were poised to put us away bye 20 plus and we fought back bottom line saturdays a must win situation...were entering a key stretch of season i dont know what the seedings would be if sioux falls were tommorow but id hate to have to play oakland in the opening game

what he said.

NDSUstudent
01-22-2010, 03:32 AM
If it ended today slick, we would be playing either ORU or SDSU in SF. Don't know who I would rather have, sending either one home early would be sweet.

Twentysix
01-22-2010, 03:33 AM
oru please. death to the infadels.

Twentysix
01-22-2010, 03:33 AM
Winning the tournament will be great! But knocking ORU out will be EVEN BETTER :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Mr. Burgundy
01-22-2010, 03:35 AM
I want Slick to shoot free throws for AP.

Twentysix
01-22-2010, 03:36 AM
I want Slick to shoot free throws for AP.

So what was with AP's shoulda been a dunk layup with his hand 8 inches above the rim and "Missing it horridly".

Dont get me wrong hes gotten way better, but he still does some really stupid shit.

SlickVic
01-22-2010, 03:40 AM
If it ended today slick, we would be playing either ORU or SDSU in SF. Don't know who I would rather have, sending either one home early would be sweet.

i was just checking that myself and yeah def a key stretch for this team if they are serious about getting back to the dance they all need to win 5 out of 6 or 6 straight going into the SDSU game and let the chips fall where they may as they say...saturdays huge tho saul said they came out that SDSU game angry id expect the same for this game...tell saul i wanna see a "boat race" saturday mr. burgandy ;)

ndsubison1
01-22-2010, 04:11 AM
Although it sucks to lose this team is tough. Our guys battle. I fricken hate losing but we lost to virtually the same oakland team we beat last year in sf. i am so pumped to see how good this team will be in march with a good crowd behind their backs in sf and also the future. I said earlier this team will take their lumps and will be an improved team heading into the summit tourney. This is a team that hasnt experienced close games like this and will learn from their mistakes. This team will be playing their best ball heading into Sf. Hats off to Lundberg finally a bench player gives us a spark off the bench. This loss sucks but we will learn. Oakland is a bunch of classy individuals and Kampe is too. His team needs to learn to play with a lead late in the game seems like they shut down offensively and take ill advised shots. That being said if we dont win the summit i hope they do they are an extremely talented team with an nba caliber player they have the potential to do some serious damage in the tourney and would represent the summit well

NDSUFan_Sav
01-22-2010, 04:59 AM
Drew Lundberg.....that is what I am talking about. I was starting to wonder myself. He looked great and changed the tempo of the game. He either got to the rim or drove and dish. He looked like he can play at this level.

Need more out of Aaberg on the offensive end. He must add 30 lbs in a hurry. Not strong enough to finish inside. Sky is the limit, you don't question his effort.

Carlson/Tveidt/Vaughn: Keep doing what you do. Expect an upset in March.

Overall, I am hoping for more minutes out of Goose and Lundberg. That team is so well coached and plays with so much heart. Who would expect we would outrebound ISU and Oakland? Nobody. Can't wait for the future.

I agree with 99% of this, but the big thing that hurt tonight when we were getting the momentum back and Lundberg tried making a cross court pass over the middle and then got stolen, hurt us....I don't know what he was thinking there, but yeah other then that Lundberg played well keep rotating these guys.

We need a TRUE PG right now though that's what is hurting us I think.

NDSUFan_Sav
01-22-2010, 05:02 AM
sussengueth has been a pleasant surprise

i wish we would have attacked them a little more. there were plenty of times when carlson, aaberg, pennick and whoever would pick up there dribble and look out to pass instead of going up strong at em. who knows, maybe benson would have fouled out...

I knew Goose would be a nice help to our game this year.

Agree with them driving and picking up their dribble that's the one thing that makes me mad and they've been doing it every game.

met1990
01-22-2010, 05:09 AM
Need more out of Aaberg on the offensive end. He must add 30 lbs in a hurry.

If he isn't willing to add 30 lbs in a hurry, I'm willing to step up and do it for the sake of the team...

NDSUFan_Sav
01-22-2010, 05:17 AM
Although it sucks to lose this team is tough. Our guys battle. I fricken hate losing but we lost to virtually the same oakland team we beat last year in sf. i am so pumped to see how good this team will be in march with a good crowd behind their backs in sf and also the future. I said earlier this team will take their lumps and will be an improved team heading into the summit tourney. This is a team that hasnt experienced close games like this and will learn from their mistakes. This team will be playing their best ball heading into Sf. Hats off to Lundberg finally a bench player gives us a spark off the bench. This loss sucks but we will learn. Oakland is a bunch of classy individuals and Kampe is too. His team needs to learn to play with a lead late in the game seems like they shut down offensively and take ill advised shots. That being said if we dont win the summit i hope they do they are an extremely talented team with an D-League caliber player :D they have the potential to do some serious damage in the tourney and would represent the summit well

fixed your post :D

Also Kampe is sweet...Ming and few others were witnesses I was yelling at him left and right all in fun obviously...Asked him why he wasn't coaching at a bigger school...no response....later on asked him if Syracuse offered him would he take it shook his head "No" then said Georgetown "No" then UNC "No" then KU "No and he started pointing at the court as we kept saying teams then we said NDSU? "head shook Yes" hahaha that shit was great. He was responding to us all night...told Wright he should be playing Georgetown and not us and he laughed. I need to assign that spot for life in the student section, just like Roads got his spot.....I live for doing chants and getting everyone going.

ndsubison1
01-22-2010, 06:02 AM
I hope the Oakland players read this, i have tremendous respect for them they were very good natured about some of the heckling the students did and just laughed about it. We were riding benson and wright pretty hard but benson just ignored it but wright was really cool about it and nelson was looking at us and smiling it was funny. Most other teams talk shit back or give us the look. Tremendous respect for oakland

NDSUFan_Sav
01-22-2010, 06:12 AM
I hope the Oakland players read this, i have tremendous respect for them they were very good natured about some of the heckling the students did and just laughed about it. We were riding benson and wright pretty hard but benson just ignored it but wright was really cool about it and nelson was looking at us and smiling it was funny. Most other teams talk shit back or give us the look. Tremendous respect for oakland

REP for this...agree 100% Oakland is my 2nd favorite team in the Summit great coach and a lot of respect for and those players were fun...

NELSON TUCK IN YOUR SHIRT...hahaha

HEY WRIGHT shouldn't you be playing Georgetown and not us?

HoopsBison
01-22-2010, 06:24 AM
Well I sat by ming and sav tonight it was def everything they said and more. Great players and coaches and are very fun to watch...

Attendance was weak but those who came were loud. Kampe was pretty surprised with the turnout.

Best cheers of the night...

Big East Reject

and

Chokeland...

Would love a shot at Sioux Falls against them.

kampe left the court saying our squad played very well....

GO Bison

Mr. Burgundy
01-22-2010, 12:44 PM
When we were down 7-0...I am thinking Ballgame.

When we were down 65-50....I am thinking Ballgame.

This team just doesn't die. So much heart. Can't wait for a totally healthy Bison team to play them. Ton of respect for how that team plays the game. Benson was ice at the line. Very impressive. Well coached team. Great game to watch.

Facts
01-22-2010, 12:49 PM
Although it sucks to lose this team is tough. Our guys battle. I fricken hate losing but we lost to virtually the same oakland team we beat last year in sf. i am so pumped to see how good this team will be in march with a good crowd behind their backs in sf and also the future. I said earlier this team will take their lumps and will be an improved team heading into the summit tourney. This is a team that hasnt experienced close games like this and will learn from their mistakes. This team will be playing their best ball heading into Sf. Hats off to Lundberg finally a bench player gives us a spark off the bench. This loss sucks but we will learn. Oakland is a bunch of classy individuals and Kampe is too. His team needs to learn to play with a lead late in the game seems like they shut down offensively and take ill advised shots. That being said if we dont win the summit i hope they do they are an extremely talented team with an nba caliber player they have the potential to do some serious damage in the tourney and would represent the summit well

Who was their stud shooter last year?? Eric Kangas? It didn't look like they needed him last night. My telling stat of the evening: NDSU 3pters: 3-10, Oakland 3pters: 9-23.
Also, inopportune free throw misses down the stretch for us.

Trim
01-22-2010, 01:33 PM

Keep it up guys, I like watching it from the other side of the court. I see Slick graced you all with his presence last night. Kampe's great. Saw Bisonator screaming at him like a maniac a couple times too.

TheDoctor
01-22-2010, 01:43 PM
Sounds like it was a great game. Wish I could have been there. Get a win on Saturday night! ;)

NDSUFan_Sav
01-22-2010, 02:16 PM
Keep it up guys, I like watching it from the other side of the court. I see Slick graced you all with his presence last night. Kampe's great. Saw Bisonator screaming at him like a maniac a couple times too.

hahaha yeah KEMPE SIT DOWN...hahaha

just wait til the Southern Utah game...getcha popcorn ready for that game you might not even need to watch the game we'll be back and forth with the coaches all night long....last year one of their assistants didn't even watch the last 2 minutes of the game he was standing chanting back at us.

TheBisonator
01-22-2010, 03:07 PM
I kind of had it in for Kampe during the game, but I gotta say, he held his own and was very classy, and I respect him for that. I hope by some miracle we can play them in SF for the conf. championship again.

I was pissed at the refs more than anything else.

Bison bison
01-22-2010, 03:09 PM
Oakland is solid.

unbison
01-22-2010, 04:28 PM
I kind of had it in for Kampe during the game, but I gotta say, he held his own and was very classy, and I respect him for that. I hope by some miracle we can play them in SF for the conf. championship again.

I was pissed at the refs more than anything else.
refs dont decide games wingonator

Twentysix
01-22-2010, 08:39 PM
refs dont decide games wingonator

The personal attacks getting a little gay dude.....

Bison bison
01-22-2010, 08:45 PM
The personal attacks getting a little gay dude.....

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/jb_cbr/friendster_midget.jpg

Twentysix
01-22-2010, 08:47 PM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/jb_cbr/friendster_midget.jpg

rofl. Rep to you!

Tatanka
01-22-2010, 09:00 PM
rofl. Rep to you!

Must. Refrain. From. Making. reference to popular bisonville character.

aces1180
01-22-2010, 09:04 PM
Must. Refrain. From. Making. reference to popular bisonville character.

TAB can take it like man! What????