PDA

View Full Version : 1995 Playoff at UND - Reggie Scott - Up & Running

CaBisonFan
01-18-2010, 05:26 AM
I've taken a different approach to this one. I'm going to run 10 minutes at a time with very little editing. This is an outstanding demonstration of the atmosphere.

By Monday night the game, until about midway in the 4th quarter, will be up. I don't have the last 8 or 9 minutes, but I think it shows all of the scoring.

Thanks again met1990 for sending this video.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NorthDakotaStBison2

ndsubison1
01-18-2010, 08:19 AM
after watching these videos it makes me think how much football has changed over the years

Facts
01-18-2010, 04:18 PM
Thanks CA, always fun to watch.

CaBisonFan
01-18-2010, 08:06 PM
You're welcome 'Facts.'

The more I watch this, the more I realize how great a QB Kevin Feeney (spelling?) was. He was lacking 2 or 3 horses in the backfield, and maybe another receiver. This game is like a Feeney highlight reel.

Too bad a few of the UND stars chose the wrong college. With a couple of their defensive players & Kleinsasser...a healthy backfield, and Reggie staying in school...a minimum of 2 national championships. Kevin was like a Simdorn, except maybe quicker. Great attitude...great instincts...and very intelligent.

One other comment. These defenses could have played in the FCS. They remind me of the SDSU defense this past year. OK...maybe more talent on SDSU's team this year, but not much. The caliber is 'way' up there.

TheBisonator
01-18-2010, 08:27 PM
I don't mean to be construed as insensitive or anything like that, I'm just making an observation, but whenever I watch these old NDSU/UND tapes, I notice that NDSU had (and still has) a decent amount of diversity on their roster, that is, there always seemed to be about 1/4 to 1/3 of the roster as African-American players on the Bison, and UND's team was basically all white. Although UND seems to be improving a little in this regard since their DI move. I personally think more diversity is always a good thing, so I don't mean to say it's anything bad at all. I think it was an advantage we had over UND.

Is this a fair observation?? I don't want this to get into race-baiting at all, but I just noticed that. I think that it was due to our more extensive recruiting practices compared to UND over the years. We would recruit Minneapolis a whole lot more that they did.

BraxtonT
01-18-2010, 08:42 PM
I don't.... ...Minneapolis a whole lot more that they did.

I'm not sure about 1/4 to a 1/3 of our roster being AA, maybe close to 25%, though.

Anyway, the diversity issue depends on your main recruiting areas. In the past (and hopefully the present again) the NDSU recruiting area included the Milwaukee area, whereas I don't recall too many UND recruits coming from there. Otherwise, the AA's would come mainly from the Twin Cities area.

Outside of these two metro areas, the prime recruiting for both schools would be ND, Minnesota, and rural Wisconsin--- "Scandinavian Country". Our geography has more to do with the diversity of our team than anything else.

SDbison
01-18-2010, 10:18 PM
I don't mean to be construed as insensitive or anything like that, I'm just making an observation, but whenever I watch these old NDSU/UND tapes, I notice that NDSU had (and still has) a decent amount of diversity on their roster, that is, there always seemed to be about 1/4 to 1/3 of the roster as African-American players on the Bison, and UND's team was basically all white. Although UND seems to be improving a little in this regard since their DI move. I personally think more diversity is always a good thing, so I don't mean to say it's anything bad at all. I think it was an advantage we had over UND.

Is this a fair observation?? I don't want this to get into race-baiting at all, but I just noticed that. I think that it was due to our more extensive recruiting practices compared to UND over the years. We would recruit Minneapolis a whole lot more that they did.
So is more diversity OK in basketball? Seems the white guys are not very well represented anymore? Serious question.

tjbison
01-18-2010, 10:46 PM
So is more diversity OK in basketball? Seems the white guys are not very well represented anymore? Serious question.

The whities play teh Hockies now:hide: :hide: :D

CaBisonFan
01-18-2010, 10:59 PM
Hey guys...how about if we stop this discussion...:cool:

Notorious
01-18-2010, 11:32 PM
Hey guys...how about if we stop this discussion...:cool:

Good call...

56BISON73
01-18-2010, 11:56 PM
I find it interesting that when people think that there isnt enough racial diversity for people of color that nobody seems to mind discussing it. But when that same subject is brought up and the group in question is Caucasians some people want to clam up. Whats the deal?????

TheBisonator
01-19-2010, 12:19 AM
I find it interesting that when people think that there isnt enough racial diversity for people of color that nobody seems to mind discussing it. But when that same subject is brought up and the group in question is Caucasians some people want to clam up. Whats the deal?????

The second instance you talked about is never an issue in this part of the country (where it's literally 90 percent white), because there's no instances of lack of white people in any circumstance around here.

170,000 people in the F-M urban area and maybe 164,000 of them are white. There will never be a day in F-M where we say, 'Why don't I see more white people there??"

56BISON73
01-19-2010, 12:29 AM
The second instance you talked about is never an issue in this part of the country (where it's literally 90 percent white), because there's no instances of lack of white people in any circumstance around here.

170,000 people in the F-M urban area and maybe 164,000 of them are white. There will never be a day in F-M where we say, 'Why don't I see more white people there??"

Did you miss the last two posts?

But Im not just talking this part of the country. And its a valid point as Ive seen it happen many times. But its just food for thought.

CaBisonFan
01-19-2010, 02:57 AM

I wouldn't suggest discussions of this nature on any forum, muchless bisonville...from either side of the subject. People are free to write what they want. Just made a suggestion. In person, I would gladly discuss this with anyone...and I'm very aware of reverse discrimination and its negative side.

sambini
01-19-2010, 04:01 AM
Thanks CA for doing this ... Brings back great memorys. He was a dandy+++

OrygunBison
01-19-2010, 06:02 AM
Good lord, Schultz really had a chubby for Tibesar. I need to go shower. Just ick.

ndsubison1
01-19-2010, 06:22 AM

i personally would prefer more diversity on our bball team

ndsubison1
01-19-2010, 06:23 AM

never say never

Bison Dan
01-19-2010, 12:31 PM
i personally would prefer more diversity on our bball team

You can have your diversity - I'll take the best 5 guys we can find.

Castor Troy
01-19-2010, 01:49 PM
I've taken a different approach to this one. I'm going to run 10 minutes at a time with very little editing. This is an outstanding demonstration of the atmosphere.

By Monday night the game, until about midway in the 4th quarter, will be up. I don't have the last 8 or 9 minutes, but I think it shows all of the scoring.

Thanks again met1990 for sending this video.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NorthDakotaStBison2

I loved watching this game. Thanks for posting these and all of the others that you have posted. I am crowding 40 and have been a bit nostalgic lately.

TheBisonator
01-19-2010, 08:37 PM

I don't care if our bball team is all white for the time being, as long as they don't all look like nerds and dweebs, like UND's team or McLovin from SUU.

56BISON73
01-19-2010, 10:30 PM

Yes sir!!!!!!

ndsubison1
01-19-2010, 10:33 PM

i think our ultimate dream goal for our bball team would be to become like a team like gonzaga. if we ever want to attain that goal we will need more diversity on our team. and i will leave it at that

westnodak93bison
01-19-2010, 10:56 PM
I prefer finding the best players possible for all sports irregardless of background. Wouldnt it be nice to see a day when people say that team has 5 players on the court and the other team has 5 players and nobody even thinks twice about this race, that race etc. If you want to talk about "diversity" why doesnt anybody mention the fact that we have never had an "Asian American", "Native American", "Hispanic or Latino" on our roster(that I know of) etc.

ndsubison1
01-20-2010, 01:53 AM
I prefer finding the best players possible for all sports irregardless of background. Wouldnt it be nice to see a day when people say that team has 5 players on the court and the other team has 5 players and nobody even thinks twice about this race, that race etc. If you want to talk about "diversity" why doesnt anybody mention the fact that we have never had an "Asian American", "Native American", "Hispanic or Latino" on our roster(that I know of) etc.

okay, ill stop beating around the bush for all of you... if we want to become a program like gonzaga in the future (which i feel would be our ultimate goal in bball) then we need more black players. there i said it. and it's the truth. sorry for putting this in the football forum though

CaBisonFan
01-20-2010, 04:55 AM
Sorry guys, but I don't think of any Bison player as being black, white, or any other color. I'm not blind...but I don't see any colors other than green & gold (yes...gold). I'm not from Oral Roberts...:cool:

Castor Troy
01-20-2010, 11:06 AM
okay, ill stop beating around the bush for all of you... if we want to become a program like gonzaga in the future (which i feel would be our ultimate goal in bball) then we need more Canadian players. there i said it. and it's the truth. sorry for putting this in the football forum though

Fixed. See Below.

NO NAME POS Height Weight Class/EXP Hometown/High School/Last College
1 Mangisto Arop Forward 6-5 208 FR/HS Edmonton, AB/St. Mary's Secondary Catholic (Hamilton, ON)
15 Matt Bouldin Guard 6-5 224 SR/3V Highlands Ranch, CO/ThunderRidge
35 Sam Dower Center 6-9 228 FR/HS Brooklyn Park, MN/Osseo
45 Will Foster Center 7-5 273 SR/3V Bonney Lake, WA/White River
10 Grant Gibbs Guard 6-4 204 RS FR/RS Marion, IA/Linn-Mar
3 Demetri Goodson Guard 5-11 164 SO/1V Spring, TX/Klein Collins
32 Steven Gray Guard 6-5 208 JR/2V Bainbridge, WA/Bainbridge
20 Elias Harris Forward 6-8 215 FR/HS Speyer, Germany/
30 Mike Hart Guard 6-5 201 RS FR/RS Portland, OR/Jesuit
34 Bol Kong Forward 6-6 220 RS SO/TR Vancouver, B.C./St. George's/Douglas College
13 Kelly Olynyk Forward 6-11 215 FR/HS Kamloops, B.C./Kamloops
4 Chris Pontarolo-Maag Guard 5-11 175 RS SR/1V Quincy, WA/Quincy
00 Robert Sacre Center 7-0 247 RS SO/1V North Vancouver, B.C./Handsworth Secondary School
11 David Stockton Guard 5-10 150 FR/HS Spokane, WA/Gonzaga Prep
5 G.J. Vilarino Guard 6-0 177 FR/HS McKinney, TX/McKinney

ndsubison1
01-20-2010, 08:55 PM
Fixed. See Below.

NO NAME POS Height Weight Class/EXP Hometown/High School/Last College
1 Mangisto Arop Forward 6-5 208 FR/HS Edmonton, AB/St. Mary's Secondary Catholic (Hamilton, ON)
15 Matt Bouldin Guard 6-5 224 SR/3V Highlands Ranch, CO/ThunderRidge
35 Sam Dower Center 6-9 228 FR/HS Brooklyn Park, MN/Osseo
45 Will Foster Center 7-5 273 SR/3V Bonney Lake, WA/White River
10 Grant Gibbs Guard 6-4 204 RS FR/RS Marion, IA/Linn-Mar
3 Demetri Goodson Guard 5-11 164 SO/1V Spring, TX/Klein Collins
32 Steven Gray Guard 6-5 208 JR/2V Bainbridge, WA/Bainbridge
20 Elias Harris Forward 6-8 215 FR/HS Speyer, Germany/
30 Mike Hart Guard 6-5 201 RS FR/RS Portland, OR/Jesuit
34 Bol Kong Forward 6-6 220 RS SO/TR Vancouver, B.C./St. George's/Douglas College
13 Kelly Olynyk Forward 6-11 215 FR/HS Kamloops, B.C./Kamloops
4 Chris Pontarolo-Maag Guard 5-11 175 RS SR/1V Quincy, WA/Quincy
00 Robert Sacre Center 7-0 247 RS SO/1V North Vancouver, B.C./Handsworth Secondary School
11 David Stockton Guard 5-10 150 FR/HS Spokane, WA/Gonzaga Prep
5 G.J. Vilarino Guard 6-0 177 FR/HS McKinney, TX/McKinney

valid point sir :D

Kermit
01-21-2010, 07:23 PM
okay, ill stop beating around the bush for all of you... if we want to become a program like gonzaga in the future (which i feel would be our ultimate goal in bball) then we need more really, really GOOD players--like Matt Bouldin. there i said it. and it's the truth. sorry for putting this in the football forum though

Another attempt at fixing your post.

ndsubison1
01-21-2010, 08:13 PM
Another attempt at fixing your post.

And Adam Morrison :D