PDA

View Full Version : Footage of Reggie Scott & the 1992 Pitt St Playoff Game - Coming Soon!

CaBisonFan
01-15-2010, 12:55 AM
Thanks to the efforts of met1990 we have at least two games with Reggie (Reginald) Scott playing for the Bison. We have the 1996 game against UND at the dome...a tough loss during the regular season. But better yet, we have the first 3 quarters and part of the 4th of the 1995 playoff win at UND. Hope I've got the years right.

In other breaking video news...the most requested Bison video 'ever' arrived here yesterday. The 1990 playoff game against Pitt State. Some here have called it the greatest Bison game ever. I've never seen it.

Please give a bunch of reps to met1990 & bison_backer for going out of their way & sending these out.

Question for everyone: Does anyone have a copy of the game at Central Michigan that they would entrust to me for a while? Other games from this past decade? I'm trying really hard to create a video history that covers as many years as possible. The Holy Grail would be some video of Erhardt games...especially the two times that we mauled Montana in the Camelia Bowl in California.

Just as a reminder...here's the link to where most of the YouTube highlight reels are: http://www.youtube.com/user/NorthDakotaStBison3 I've had to move it around some...kind of like underground radio. LOL

If you have any interest in any of the games that I have, you can pm me. If you look on my YouTube website...pretty much every game is available...plus others. Would just need to cover my expenses. I would like to spread this important history around so that it doesn't just go away. That's what I'm in this for. Nothing else.

onbison09
01-15-2010, 01:14 AM
Thanks to the efforts of met1990 we have at least two games with Reggie (Reginald) Scott playing for the Bison. We have the 1996 game against UND at the dome...a tough loss during the regular season. But better yet, we have the first 3 quarters and part of the 4th of the 1995 playoff win at UND. Hope I've got the years right.

In other breaking video news...the most requested Bison video 'ever' arrived here yesterday. The 1992 playoff game against Pitt State. Some here have called it the greatest Bison game ever. I've never seen it.

Please give a bunch of reps to met1990 & bison_backer for going out of their way & sending these out.

Question for everyone: Does anyone have a copy of the game at Central Michigan that they would entrust to me for a while? Other games from this past decade? I'm trying really hard to create a video history that covers as many years as possible. The Holy Grail would be some video of Erhardt games...especially the two times that we mauled Montana in the Camelia Bowl in California.

If you have any interest in any of the games that I have, you can pm me. If you look on my YouTube website...pretty much every game is available...plus others. Would just need to cover my expenses. I would like to spread this important history around so that it doesn't just go away. That's what I'm in this for. Nothing else.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! :nod: :nod:
You're doing the Lord's work CA! :D

OrygunBison
01-15-2010, 03:19 AM

In other breaking video news...the most requested Bison video 'ever' arrived here yesterday. The 1992 playoff game against Pitt State. Some here have called it the greatest Bison game ever. I've never seen it.

Sorry to be asking such a dumb, dumb, seemingly ingrateful question... Wasn't it the 1990 Pitt State game that was such a big request? I know that there were several to choose from during that era but 1990 was the one that sticks out to me the most because it was the game that started the rivalry and the one that really sealed the deal on the NC that year. I was at that game and my ears were ringing and my voice was shot for a week.

ndsubison1
01-15-2010, 05:40 AM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! :nod: :nod:
You're doing the Lord's work CA! :D

Lord of the Board!

CaBisonFan
01-15-2010, 07:26 AM
Sorry to be asking such a dumb, dumb, seemingly ingrateful question... Wasn't it the 1990 Pitt State game that was such a big request? I know that there were several to choose from during that era but 1990 was the one that sticks out to me the most because it was the game that started the rivalry and the one that really sealed the deal on the NC that year. I was at that game and my ears were ringing and my voice was shot for a week.

You might be right. Could be off in my years. Could have the wrong video, and it could be a false alarm. It's too late tonight to dig into it. Sorry if I've raised hopes. I'll check tomorrow and post it on this thread. I've just been really excited...and after a looooonnnnnnnggggg day of work, I've had a couple of beers...and 'that's the rest of the story.' :D

CaBisonFan
01-15-2010, 07:29 AM
Lord of the Board!

That seriously funny ming. I mean it. Good for a late night smile anyways. Thanks...:D

This is really my niche as far as any real contribution to bisonville I guess. My enthusiasm is off the chart...and my knowledge of the game has holes in it. I just love the Bison tradition and bein' a Bison fan. I'm trying to protect the history with a library of videos...and to pass it on for younger people to pass it on.

CaBisonFan
01-15-2010, 12:50 PM

Hey Orygun: It wasn't a dumb or ingrateful question. I checked, and I actually have the 1990 playoff game against Pitt State. Thanks for asking this question.

Bison53
01-15-2010, 12:57 PM
I think i have Reggie on VHS year 1996.

4mcruenomore
01-15-2010, 01:32 PM
I was at the Dome in 1996. Jake Morris play in that one too? I can't remember.

CaBisonFan
01-15-2010, 01:45 PM
I was at the Dome in 1996. Jake Morris play in that one too? I can't remember.

Think he might be on it. I'll watch some of it tonight.

Just an opinion: If we'd had Jake and Reggie for four years, healthy, I really believe that it would have brought one or two national titles.

Another: If Kleinsasser and a few undy defensive players had chosen the right school, they would have closed the deal. It would have been years like the Bentrim/Simdorn years. Dominance. If it had to do with the type of academic program they wanted, I have no problem with that. But if it was about football...there were about half a dozen outstanding undy guys who made a serious football mistake. There's a linebacker, a defensive lineman, Cheatham's brother, and others.

The 1995 playoff game up in GF...Kevin looked like Bennie & Simmy at QB. He was an amazing veer QB. Great decisions...quick as lightning...tough as nails...the whole package...and he could throw the ball like a pocket quarterback. You'll like this video.

How are you 4m? Send me a pm sometime. Like to hear how the family's doing.

Gordy
CA

A1pigskin
01-15-2010, 05:51 PM
I did not know Reggie but from what I read he had raw talent. This is a sad story.

CaBisonFan
01-15-2010, 10:18 PM
I did not know Reggie but from what I read he had raw talent. This is a sad story.

I watched the whole 1995 playoff game against the sue last night...with the exception of about the last 5 minutes of the game. Anyways...even as a freshman he had tremendous strength and fundamentals. Wow! There are a few flashback moments where you'd swear that it was Simdorn pitching to Satter. But Reggie really loved running right at the middle of the defensive line. He'd turn on a dime, and juke them with ease...and when the play was over, he'd smack somebody. What a 'talent.' Ed Schultz called him one of the nicest kids he'd ever met. What irony to all of this.

DB_Crew
01-19-2010, 05:39 AM
Rarely do I come on these boards, but I just wanted to thank whoever posted this vid. It definitely brought back some good memories. Reggie was a one of a kind player. We roomed together on away games...and I have tons of stories.

Another interesting tidbit of information on the game. I don't recall who the defensive player of the game was, but you could make a strong case that Jason Witt was. I remember when he was asked to step in and play strong safety in place of Isreal. I'm not sure the guy played a better game in a bigger game in his entire career. Ironically, that means both standouts in that game are now deceased...as you recall Jason passed a few years ago.

Even stranger, #17 for the Sioux, Chad Edmond also passed away a few years back.

Jerome

lakesbison
01-19-2010, 05:45 AM
J C! how you been, come back more often.

Those were some great times back then, great players, great people!

Facts
01-19-2010, 09:17 PM
CA as usual, great footage. Central Mich and Ball State games would be great additions to your library. I'll keep my eyes open.

OrygunBison
01-19-2010, 10:58 PM
I checked, and I actually have the 1990 playoff game against Pitt State.

So, yeah, have you posted this and I haven't seen it yet on your youtube thingy? I'm am supremely excited to see this game online. It is probably my favorite game, other than the one from the following weekend. If not up yet, no worries. I've waited over 19 years now. What's a few more days.

Yours truly,

Stoked MF

met1990
01-19-2010, 11:27 PM
I checked, and I actually have the 1990 playoff game against Pitt State.

Are you just yanking our chains here? ;) We need to see this one!

CaBisonFan
01-19-2010, 11:58 PM
Are you just yanking our chains here? ;) We need to see this one!

Nope...the video quality is pretty rough...but I have it.

CaBisonFan
01-20-2010, 12:00 AM
So, yeah, have you posted this and I haven't seen it yet on your youtube thingy? I'm am supremely excited to see this game online. It is probably my favorite game, other than the one from the following weekend. If not up yet, no worries. I've waited over 19 years now. What's a few more days.

Yours truly,

Stoked MF

Here it is. I'm somewhere around the end of the third quarter...thereabouts. I'll try finish it tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NorthDakotaStBison2