PDA

View Full Version : Any word on J. Mays in the playoffs

Twentysix
01-09-2010, 11:50 PM
Any chance joe plays tonite?

DjKyRo
01-09-2010, 11:51 PM
I haven't seen anything on the Eagles site but I imagine we'll find out shortly. ;)

Twentysix
01-09-2010, 11:55 PM
Missed the basketball game cause i thought it was at 7...lol...

Tatanka
01-09-2010, 11:59 PM
He's been in on special teams recently. Hope he gets some playing time and lays the smack down on some Cowboys.

Twentysix
01-10-2010, 12:06 AM
Just saw Joe! he didnt get the tackle though :(

IzzyFlexion
01-10-2010, 12:07 AM
He's been in on special teams recently. Hope he gets some playing time and lays the smack down on some Cowboys.

Yeah!!
They're going to POUND THEIR ASSES!!
*Objectionable Image Removed by Administrator.
**Perpetrator (poster) is in custody in the Will County Jail.
***Investigation reveals that this is perp's second offense in a matter of just a few days on this forum.
****Lifetime ban in effect.

DjKyRo
01-10-2010, 12:08 AM
Fokou got the start over Mays. :(

IzzyFlexion
01-10-2010, 12:10 AM
Fokou got the start over Mays. :(

Oh yeah??
Well, Fokou too!!;)

Twentysix
01-10-2010, 12:22 AM
Joe mays just annihilated that guy on the punt return omg. Looked like he hit him with a car.

bisonmike2
01-10-2010, 12:22 AM
Joe mays just annihilated that guy on the punt return omg.

I saw that too. Nice hit Joe!

CaBisonFan
01-10-2010, 12:24 AM
Get Joe in the game!!!! God, what a hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DjKyRo
01-10-2010, 12:27 AM
A thought occurred to me - what happens if the Eagles beat the Cowboys and end up facing the Vikings (if the beat the Saints as well)? Who do we cheer for? :confused: :(

Twentysix
01-10-2010, 12:28 AM
Easy, both. We win either way :P

bisonmike2
01-10-2010, 12:38 AM
A thought occurred to me - what happens if the Eagles beat the Cowboys and end up facing the Vikings (if the beat the Saints as well)? Who do we cheer for? :confused: :(

Easy, the Eagles. :) On a side note, I was at the Metrodome today for a home improvement show, jeez, what a dump. It's bad when you're in the stands at a game, but you really get a feel for how crappy it is when there's nobody there and you can walk the empty concourses and get down on field level. Tear it down already and build a new one. I'd gladly help pay for it even though I'm not a Vikings fan. Minnesota deserves better than that disaster.

Twentysix
01-10-2010, 12:51 AM
Nother hit by Joe mays..why the hell dosnt he play more?

EndZoneQB
01-10-2010, 12:53 AM
Nother hit by Joe mays..why the hell dosnt he play more?

Hitting does not mean you can play the position. He has been out of position a bunch this year and is a liability in the passing game.

Twentysix
01-10-2010, 12:54 AM
He made 2/4? tackles for Spec teams?

Seems like he has a nose for the ball. I agree he is a liability for passing yet the MLB arent doing great against the pass anyways... blitzing is really the only thing there doing.

56BISON73
01-10-2010, 12:56 AM
Hitting does not mean you can play the position. He has been out of position a bunch this year and is a liability in the passing game.

I was wondering what has happened to him. I had heard that he had the chance to start when a team mate got hurt but the team brought in another LB. That doesnt show much confidence in his game at this time.
May be the Good Doctor can bring me us up to speed on whats been going on????

Twentysix
01-10-2010, 01:01 AM
Wow this is some shitty pass defense.

CaBisonFan
01-10-2010, 01:02 AM
Looks to me like #54 has been out of position several times in this game.

EndZoneQB
01-10-2010, 01:04 AM
I was wondering what has happened to him. I had heard that he had the chance to start when a team mate got hurt but the team brought in another LB. That doesnt show much confidence in his game at this time.
May be the Good Doctor can bring me us up to speed on whats been going on????

From what I have seen this year, preseason and during the season when he was given a shot, he gets caught in the "wash" too much. It seems like he sucks inside almost like he's shooting the gap but doesn't come out the other side. Now, I'm not a LB expert, but it seems like he is overeager, and needs to stay parallel to the LOS longer until the RB decides where to run, thus not getting caught in the wash. I know one of his "issues" coming out of college was that he's not super fluid in the hips so he is susceptible to getting "crossed up" on play action, etc etc etc. And as most of you know, one misstep is enough in the NFL to cause a huge play.

I think he'll get a chance again, he just needs some time and the Eagles probably recognize that. If nothing else, he's a good special teamer, so he has value to the team.

NorthernBison
01-10-2010, 01:05 AM
Can Joe play safety. They need help there.

Twentysix
01-10-2010, 01:07 AM
Can Joe play safety. They need help there.

They needs safteys corners and lb.....

unfortunately christmas came and went.

NDSUstudent
01-10-2010, 01:29 AM
Wow the Cowboys are crushing the Eagles again. 24-7 now

EndZoneQB
01-10-2010, 01:48 AM
lmao, Mays with a kick return hahaha

Twentysix
01-10-2010, 01:49 AM
Heh. Woulda been amazing if he some how juked them and made it into the endzone. too bad. lol!

Tatanka
01-10-2010, 02:12 AM
Stick a fork in the Eagles. Barring an epic collapse by the Cowboys, Philly is DONE. :smh:

56BISON73
01-10-2010, 02:29 AM
Stick a fork in the Eagles. Barring an epic collapse by the Cowboys, Philly is DONE. :smh:

The fork just got applied.

56BISON73
01-10-2010, 02:33 AM
From what I have seen this year, preseason and during the season when he was given a shot, he gets caught in the "wash" too much. It seems like he sucks inside almost like he's shooting the gap but doesn't come out the other side. Now, I'm not a LB expert, but it seems like he is overeager, and needs to stay parallel to the LOS longer until the RB decides where to run, thus not getting caught in the wash. I know one of his "issues" coming out of college was that he's not super fluid in the hips so he is susceptible to getting "crossed up" on play action, etc etc etc. And as most of you know, one misstep is enough in the NFL to cause a huge play.

I think he'll get a chance again, he just needs some time and the Eagles probably recognize that. If nothing else, he's a good special teamer, so he has value to the team.

From the team speak you could tell that he was considered a project.
But hes had some opportunities where he could have really have taken advantage. Those opps dont come around everyday.

Bisonfan1
01-10-2010, 02:46 AM
His name has been called a couple times tonight, major hits !!! GO JOE !!!!

stevdock
01-10-2010, 03:41 AM
I completely agree with EndZoneQB on Joe. He does get stuck in the wash way too much. I think he will get another shot with either the Eagles or another team, he's just got to take advantage of it. The thing he has that you can't teach is the desire to do it. He's just got to get his body to do what I'm sure his mind is trying to tell it to do. That unfortunately is the hard part.

TheDoctor
01-10-2010, 04:33 AM

I was the only one in the Dome cheering for the Eagles last year...AND in my Joe Mays jersey mind you! ;)

ndsubison1
01-10-2010, 08:25 AM
lmao, Mays with a kick return hahaha

lol... joe mays with -10 return yards for his career

BisManBison
01-10-2010, 11:34 PM
Joe mays just annihilated that guy on the punt return omg. Looked like he hit him with a car.

About the only play I saw in the game, but I scared half the patrons in the Blarney Stone in Bismarck when I screamed "oh what a hit by JOE MAYS, NORTH DAKOTA STATE UNIVERISTY". I never did see them show a replay on the hit though.

Twentysix
01-11-2010, 12:39 AM
They didn't.

North Side
01-11-2010, 01:00 AM
here it is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3gwL69VhM4

No_Skill
01-11-2010, 03:10 AM
here it is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3gwL69VhM4

Thank you! I missed it live.

ndsubison1
01-11-2010, 03:11 AM
About the only play I saw in the game, but I scared half the patrons in the Blarney Stone in Bismarck when I screamed "oh what a hit by JOE MAYS, NORTH DAKOTA STATE UNIVERISTY". I never did see them show a replay on the hit though.

I did the same thing at paradiso here in bismarck! i yelled JOE MAYS!!! and some people were looking at me like "Who is this guy yelling?" lol

A1pigskin
01-15-2010, 05:59 PM
The Vikings could use Joe.

Twentysix
01-16-2010, 06:20 PM
Not really, the vikings fatal flaw is pass coverage. Thats not what joes good at :P.

CaBisonFan
01-16-2010, 06:55 PM
Not really, the vikings fatal flaw is pass coverage. Thats not what joes good at :P.

The pass coverage was better before Antoine Winfield & Henderson were hurt. It got worse when Winfield tried to come back full-time. Last weekend they used him in certain situations, and it was much better again. In his current condition, he's a liability. The rookie at MLB has gotten better each week. Losing two all-pro caliber players, one being your defensive leader/signal caller has changed the team.

I think that Joe will work at this part of his game and will be playing full-time soon. If the Eagles don't want him out there, someone else will.