PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks Fire Mora

Bisonfan1
01-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Seahawks Fire head Coach Jim Mora today. If Casey Bradley is looking for a job I seem to know where there is an opening for a defensive coordinator ! Wishfull thinking, wont happen, it's just too bad NDSU let Casey get away in the first place. Hope he has a chance to interview for head coach there, wouldnt that be something. Good luck to Casey.

Mr. Burgundy
01-08-2010, 10:48 PM
First of all, it is very disappointing that Mora got canned after one year, sounds like alot of steam is coming from SOCAL and Captain USC may be headed to Seattle. Too bad as Casey will be caught up in that and be out of work. Knowing Casey and his family and getting to see him out in Seattle, his offices, his entire setup....it was amazing. I literally feel horrible for all of them. They love it there.

So he was making about $500,000 (And I know this is a longshot, but hear me out), he has one year experience at the DC level and jobs are tough to come by in the NFL right now. From my memory, I think he had a 3-5 year contract. I don't know how it will work, but I am guessing that management will have to buy him out.

So, he made $500,000 last year and may make say another million in a buyout? Fair? Well, say we offer him $125,000 to be the DC at NDSU? His family absolutely loves Fargo. They love the NFL as well, but jobs are tough...and there are plenty of jobs in the NFL that don't pay $125,000 and if he in fact does get a buyout, he has some nice bank to fall back on.

I know he has an amazing relationship with both Taylor and Bohl and loves the Bison. Finally, NOBODY will be a better recruiter than Casey Bradley. NOBODY. I think Bohl went back to recruiting more in the midwest, more kids with no red flags, finding really good students and also is trying to build his longterm staff with Bison guys. Things are really panning out. Casey would clearly be a Head Coach in waiting guy that we could have for a long time.

Anyway, this is probably a 100,000 to 1 shot, but at least on paper, I am trying to sell this to myself. Come on home Gus.

Mr. Burgundy
01-08-2010, 10:52 PM
He had a great job waiting for him at Tennessee as well as another interview with another NFL team to be their DC when he was hired to be the Seahawks DC, so it isn't like he isn't connected, but my dream has him on our sidelines again. Can a booster flip him some coin? I would buy lunch once a week (only to get recruiting scoop)....is that legal? Joke fellas, no need to jump on the recruiting violations stuff.

met1990
01-08-2010, 10:57 PM
Anyway, this is probably a 100,000 to 1 shot, but at least on paper, I am trying to sell this to myself. Come on home Gus.

Maybe he can hang out in the president's house for a while if Hanson isn't going to use it. ;)

Bradley's a great guy. He'll be a success wherever he goes. It would be awesome though to see him come back to NDSU.

NDSUstudent
01-08-2010, 11:00 PM
At NDSU he could be the DC and still wait for the right NFL DC job to come along or maybe even a college head coaching job. I guess it depends on what he wants to do, he has the kind of resume that will give him some very nice options. Probably not another NFL DC job, but attractive positions at both NFL and college coaching levels.

westnodak93bison
01-08-2010, 11:43 PM
I never thought of the money angle Burgundy mentioned. Money is money.$125k in Fargo is like $200k in Seattle

DIBISON
01-09-2010, 05:17 AM
The Bears are making Lovie hire a new DC from the outside and if their top choice Fennel goes to the Giants, maybe.......

Jay
01-09-2010, 06:44 AM
My thoughts... 0% chance Bohl brings him in because if he (Bohl) fails at all (another sub par season)... Gus is our new coach.

Another GBTD (gobisontd) thought... the reason recruiting is so good this year is because Bohl is actually behind it. I believe he got complacent a few years (2-3) because quite frankly, he didn't think he was going to be here. He viewed this job as a stepping stone to a FBS job.

- JS

X-Factor
01-09-2010, 04:11 PM
My thoughts... 0% chance Bohl brings him in because if he (Bohl) fails at all (another sub par season)... Gus is our new coach.

Another GBTD (gobisontd) thought... the reason recruiting is so good this year is because Bohl is actually behind it. I believe he got complacent a few years (2-3) because quite frankly, he didn't think he was going to be here. He viewed this job as a stepping stone to a FBS job.

- JS

hypothetically, if any part of your "thought" is accurate, would we even want this guy to be our head coach known he won't necessarily put forth his full effort?

overquota
01-09-2010, 05:38 PM
I see no way Gus is back. He now is part of the Kiffin coaching tree. He is well regarded in the NFL. In Seattle most of the fans and sports writers like him. I am afraid he belongs to the NFL now.

Amused
01-15-2010, 09:03 PM
From Profootballtalk.com

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Speaking on XM Sirius radio Friday with co-host Ross Tucker, Derrick Brooks said the Seahawks will retain defensive coordinator Gus Bradley. It's possible Bradley could stay, but in a different role. The Seahawks received permission to interview secondary coach Jerry Gray.

NDSUstudent
01-15-2010, 09:07 PM
Hopefully it works out for Gus. Getting a chance to work with Carrol would be great experience and would no doubt look great on a resume.

Grizzled
01-15-2010, 09:17 PM
Hopefully it works out for Gus. Getting a chance to work with Carrol would be great experience and would no doubt look great on a resume.

As long as Carrol has a better record this time around in the league than he did his first two stints. Either way best of luck to Gus. You won't find a better coach or more importantly a better man.

bkit29
01-15-2010, 09:59 PM
It is confirmed. Casey Bradley will stay on as Defensive Coodinator. Pete Caroll said it on NFL radio.

NDSUstudent
01-15-2010, 10:04 PM
Great News! Congrats to Gus.

sambini
01-16-2010, 02:43 AM
Fantastic News++++

westnodak93bison
01-16-2010, 05:10 AM
Sweeeeeet! Congrats Gus! Good luck in turning that D around.