PDA

View Full Version : Vraa coming

TateMosersneighbor
01-07-2010, 12:49 AM
Vraa has committed to NDSU according to Hallstrom on the media blog

roadwarrior
01-07-2010, 12:49 AM
Give credit where credit is due. Kolpack reported it.

roadwarrior
01-07-2010, 12:50 AM
Great news!!!!!!

TateMosersneighbor
01-07-2010, 12:52 AM
Give credit where credit is due. Kolpack reported it.

My bad baldy gets it

Bison81
01-07-2010, 01:06 AM
Excellent........................

DjKyRo
01-07-2010, 01:09 AM
In honor of today's excellent verbal reports (3 with Vraa):

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/fireworks.jpg

Great to have you as Bison Zach, Michael and Chad!!

ISXBISON
01-07-2010, 01:13 AM
It just keeps getting better and better:nod: :nod:

Jdubs21
01-07-2010, 01:15 AM
:):):):):):):):):):)

bosco
01-07-2010, 01:16 AM
We are going to need another quarterback.

HandoEX
01-07-2010, 01:20 AM
AWESOME! Welcome to NDSU!!!

Gully
01-07-2010, 01:25 AM
All I want for Christmas is a kicker.

CaBisonFan
01-07-2010, 01:47 AM
Hoovraa !!!!!

rutlandbison
01-07-2010, 01:47 AM
very nice.

Kevin
01-07-2010, 02:08 AM
"Bohl can't recruit a quarterback" but apparently he can get everyone else! This recruiting class has been simply awesome.

tjbison
01-07-2010, 02:14 AM
"Bohl can't recruit a quarterback" but apparently he can get everyone else! This recruiting class has been simply awesome.

What?? theres a QB in there too

johnson
01-07-2010, 02:42 AM
Welcome Zach!!!! Glad to hear you are coming!!!! You made the right choice.

Kermit
01-07-2010, 03:03 AM
What?? theres a QB in there too

Yes there is! Esley Thorton, like Brock Jensen last year oozes leadership.

http://rlv.zcache.com/guys_420_future_so_bright_gotta_wear_shades_stoner _tshirt-p235997624095246964q6yv_400.jpg

SUBISON247
01-07-2010, 03:31 AM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/264964/group/home/
here is the write up in the forum

SDbison
01-07-2010, 03:55 AM
Awesome news! Glad to hear about all these recruits. Hopefully Vraa will live up to his billing! Guess the bunnies are still waiting for commit #3 and NDSU nearly has 23. But of course most of NDSU's verbals couldn't be as good as the almighty man Stig who has all the patience to wait on his favorites. Silly Rabbits!

johnson
01-07-2010, 01:32 PM
There is some great talent in these two last classes and 2010 still isn't complete. I have been watching for anything that mentioned Zach Vraa the past couple of weeks. I am still in shock that we landed both Grant Olson and Zach Vraa. Good times are ahead.

Siouxfallsbison
01-07-2010, 01:47 PM
I know I am bragging a bit but Gebhart and Vraa on the same field. Can't wait!!

Bison Dan
01-07-2010, 01:56 PM

Yes it will be sweet!

Bison"FANatic"
01-07-2010, 01:57 PM
:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
Nice set of receivers and I look forward to Gebhart And Vraa tearing up the MVFC.

Grizzled
01-07-2010, 02:13 PM
Looks good on paper but I'll wait until they show up and prove they can get it done on the field. We have a roster full of the "best recruiting class evers" and we where 3-8 last year.

That being said I like the fact that recruiting is almost done. Its definately been an exciting last few months with verbals coming a lot earlier than usual and I tip my hat to the coaches for being able to adjust their recruiting strategy this year. Well done.

OldBison
01-07-2010, 02:18 PM
We are going to need another quarterback.

Why do you say that? Thorton change his mind? :smh: :smh: :smh:

Please explain your comment.

johnson
01-07-2010, 03:27 PM
With Jensen or Thorton chucking the passes to them. Good times are not too far away!

steelbison
01-07-2010, 03:31 PM

Might be the best combination ever at SU

I know, its early, but these kids have the most potential as any WR's we have ever had.

bisonmike2
01-07-2010, 03:37 PM
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj78/ac982000/hellyeahza1clean.jpg

The Lost Dutchman
01-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Hammer is having Justin Conzemius on today to talk about Vraa and some of the other Minnesota recruits NDSU has gotten. He's not very happy with Brewster to say the least.

Bison"FANatic"
01-07-2010, 04:08 PM
They look good on paper now we will have to see how they pan out. But you throw them in with Wahlo Jr. and Powell-Calhoun from last year and hopefully we have some options in the future. The west coast offense is such a interesting beast as it seems to take awhile to get the hang of things and the reads and timing down that in a few years we could have a very good stable of WR's.

GOB1SON
01-07-2010, 04:27 PM
This recruiting class just keeps getting better and better. It is almost surreal. Everytime I open up bisonville, there is another thread about another kid that has verballed.

Guess I will renew my season tickets after all!

Go Bison!

NDSUstudent
01-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Hammer is having Justin Conzemius on today to talk about Vraa and some of the other Minnesota recruits NDSU has gotten. He's not very happy with Brewster to say the least.

I see that Brew has just three Minnesota players committed as of right now. Lots of Texas, Florida, and Cali recruits.

bisonmike2
01-07-2010, 04:38 PM

what time and can I get that station on iheartradio? either that or will you be posting a link to the interview later?

NDSUstudent
01-07-2010, 04:54 PM
what time and can I get that station on iheartradio? either that or will you be posting a link to the interview later?

You can listen live to his show....It goes from noon to 1 pm.

http://www.740thefan.com/

IronRanger
01-07-2010, 05:08 PM
You can listen live to his show....It goes from noon to 1 pm.

http://www.740thefan.com/

he will be on about 12:40 or so it was reported.

tjbison
01-07-2010, 05:27 PM

it will aslo be podcast if you miss live on 740thefan.com

tjbison
01-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Listening to Hammer I AM FREAKING PUMPED!!!!!! Seriously we havent had recruits, being bragged on by the Cities sports guys for quite some time

The Lost Dutchman
01-07-2010, 06:31 PM
Let's not forget, Craig Dahl and Ramon Humber weren't good enough to play for the Gophers either because they were too small and too slow.

OnTheFifty
01-07-2010, 07:37 PM
Pictures of Vraa in action on the Basketball court

http://minnesotapreps.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1036971

heckler
01-08-2010, 07:11 PM
Forum Website (http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/265113/)

The Minnesota Gophers finished 6-7, should have lost to South Dakota State and were beaten by mediocre Iowa State in the Insight Bowl. Still, there is talk that the head football coach who earns almost $1 million per season may be in line for a contract extension.

That bit of news should be greeted with cheers from North Dakota State, North Dakota, SDSU, Northern Iowa, Wisconsin, Iowa, Iowa State and whoever else recruits the state of Minnesota.

The in-state love for Tim Brewster just doesn’t seem to be there.

There could be more Minnesotans living in an igloo in northern Alaska than there are in the latest Gophers recruiting class, which will be official the first week of February.

Rivals.com, the Web site that immerses itself in recruiting rankings, puts the Gophers class at 37th in the country. It includes in-state players Lamonte Edwards from Woodbury, Jimmy Gjere from New Brighton and J.D. Pride from Brooklyn Park.

Of the top 10 Minnesota prospects according to Rivals.com, three went to other major D-I schools, three are uncommitted, two went to the Gophers and linebacker Grant Olson and offensive lineman Billy Turner verbally committed to NDSU.

It’s a dangerous thing, judging recruiting classes. It’s like me judging a gymnastics routine and the only thing I know about gymnastics is if you stumble on your dismount, that’s not a good thing.

Maybe if there were more Minnesotans, Rivals.com would have ranked the Gophers 97th instead of 37th. It will take time before we know if they overlooked, or were out-recruited, for players in their backyard. Maybe they’ll be proven right in going elsewhere.

But put it this way: It’s not looking good right now.

Which is fine with area Division I Football Championship Subdivision teams. The latest metro player who wanted to be a Gopher, but didn’t get offered, is 6-3, 200-pound Rosemount wide receiver Zach Vraa.

The fact he’s the state’s Mr. Football doesn’t necessarily make him the greatest of prospects. Maybe he isn’t, although NDSU has a differing opinion – and so does Rosemount head coach Jeff Erdmann.

“His best 40 time is 4.58 and he’s run a 4.62,” Erdmann said of Vraa, “but that’s coming in as a freshman and he’s going to get faster. That’s the thing that bothered me about the Gophers. The Gophers say he has to be under 4.5. I would bet Eric Decker was not under 4.5 and look what he did.”

Decker, who was recruited by Glen Mason out of Cold Spring, Minn., just finished an outstanding Gophers career. Problem for Minnesota is it will always run into the you-overlooked-me players when it faces the likes of NDSU, SDSU or UNI. When the Bison beat the Gophers in 2007, linebacker Ramon Humber (Champlin Park) and safety Craig Dahl (Mankato) had something to prove to the big school.

Both are in the NFL.

Will Vraa, Olson and Turner be the next to carry the shoulder chip? Then there’s Carlton Littlejohn of Minneapolis North, a raw athlete who will enroll at NDSU as an outside linebacker.

We don’t know yet. It’s like me judging a diving meet. All I know is if the competitor makes too big of a splash when entering the water, that’s not a good thing.

IzzyFlexion
01-08-2010, 07:17 PM
I wouldn't care is he ran a 4 anything forty. He appears to be a solid posession receiver, good student, and as many have said, being a TC kid, his transition into the FM area should be seamless. While watching the video, it's clear that he has a nose for the ball and isn't afraid of contact.
HUGE get for the Herd!

bisondad
01-08-2010, 07:21 PM
And Coach Erdman is an EXCELLENT Coach. Any opinion he has on a kids is worth listening to. He would not over promote an athlete. I've worked with him. He is a great ally for NDSU. I'm guessing Vraa will be exactly what NDSU is looking for. Hate to compare him to Heckendorf, because that is not fair to any freshman, but I could see him becoming that type of player in time.

BisonNeil
01-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Hate to compare him to Heckendorf, because that is not fair to any freshman, but I could see him becoming that type of player in time.

I think several of us would agree with you on that assessment.

4mcruenomore
01-10-2010, 05:11 AM
It's going to be awesome to see a Bismarck QB throw TD passes to a MN WR.

tony
01-11-2010, 04:10 PM
It's going to be awesome to see a Bison QB throw TD passes to a Bison WR.

That's how I see it :). It doesn't matter to me where they come from once they put on the Green and Gold.

admin
01-12-2010, 04:51 PM
I moved all the Brewster/Gopher stuff to this thread:

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18968

lakesbison
01-14-2010, 04:39 AM
I just talked to some peoples from da citites.

you gotta get a kick outta Vraa' nickname:

Ocho Dos

love it!!

LC03
01-14-2010, 07:25 AM
Vraa is a great addition to this program. But coming from Rosemount, did we miss the boat last year in not adding Vogler to this program.

I mean Vogler was the first true freshman to start one game in 47 years at Duluth and was basically the first true ever at UMD to start a meaningful game. Its not like his statistics show any lack of ability against guys 4 and 5 years older than him.

Obviously the problem with NDSU as of late has been the quarterback situation, every other position is almost as good as it can be.

Just rethinking our class from last year..

Regardless, very excited to see Vraa in that green and gold come August.

Go Bison!

bisonmike2
01-14-2010, 01:40 PM
I just talked to some peoples from da citites.

you gotta get a kick outta Vraa' nickname:

Ocho Dos

love it!!

The spanish thing is over done. Vraa, what's that, German? I say we call him Acht Zwei!

tony
01-14-2010, 03:57 PM
The spanish thing is over done. Vraa, what's that, German? I say we call him Acht Zwei!

Vraa is probably a Scandanavian name (Norwegian or Danish), so how's about Åtte To or Otte To? Save the German numbers for Trevor Gebhart.

bisonmike2
01-14-2010, 04:15 PM
Vraa is probably a Scandanavian name (Norwegian or Danish), so how's about Åtte To or Otte To? Save the German numbers for Trevor Gebhart.

That works. I only went with German because it's the only language other than Spanish and English I can count to 10 in.