PDA

View Full Version : Texas A&M hammers the fighting no namers

ndsubison1
01-06-2010, 07:34 AM
A&M pounded that school to the north 82-41

cvbison1
01-06-2010, 08:26 AM

i don't think they have scored 50+ points in many games this season. how embarassing. won't be long and they will brag about their d-1 wins against new jersey institute of technology and texas pan am.

BisoninNWMN
01-06-2010, 12:22 PM

Haaaa!!!!

Maybe, the flickertails should schedule Trinity Bible instead....although, they might have a tough time with them....:D :D :D :D

Green-N-Gold
01-06-2010, 12:45 PM
Or Grand Forks-Red River. They can leverage teh hockey program like they have with other games.

GOB1SON
01-06-2010, 01:01 PM
Go Aggies!

tjbison
01-06-2010, 01:01 PM
As long as they keep getting mentioned they remain relevant

Bison bison
01-06-2010, 01:37 PM
There is more interest in Sioux men's basketball on this board then there is in Grand Forks county.

I really don't like gloating about how awful their team is. They are arguably the worst team in Division I and the future doesn't look must brighter.

That being said they are irrelevant. If anybody really cared about UND outside of hockey, there would be a lot of pissed off people.

Football team - sucks
MBB - couldn't be worse
WBB - not so hot

The UND Swallows made the move because of their small peckers. They have completely underfunded everything, because they don't have the cash. And it really shows.

Green-N-Gold
01-06-2010, 01:58 PM
The UND Swallows made the move because of their small peckers.

Best post of the year?

Grizzled
01-06-2010, 02:09 PM
There is more interest in Sioux men's basketball on this board then there is in Grand Forks county.

I really don't like gloating about how awful their team is. They are arguably the worst team in Division I and the future doesn't look must brighter.

That being said they are irrelevant. If anybody really cared about UND outside of hockey, there would be a lot of pissed off people.

Football team - sucks
MBB - couldn't be worse
WBB - not so hot

The UND Swallows made the move because of their small peckers. They have completely underfunded everything, because they don't have the cash. And it really shows.

I'll bite and take the heat for it cause I was just up north yesterday for work. I don't think we should group all their other sports into their terrible men's basketball team. They are aweful and thats the reason no one cares about it. They do have support though and there is some pressure being put on that program. As much as if their hockey team only had a couple wins, of course not, but wouldn't be suprised to see the coach gone from what I heard.

As far as their football team, they have funding and to be honest, I wouldn't have wanted to play them this year. Their offense was brutal but so was our defense. Of all the years we could have played them this wouldn't have been the year I would have picked. After us being 3-8 I will never say another team sucks. And from what I hear this indoor facility is going to be pretty impressive and the raising money part doesn't look like its going to be to big of a problem. Its all in the works stage but it was pushed for by boosters and donors, not by the athletic department. I'm not going to call another team underfunded when they can raise the amount of money they want to raise and we can't even raise part of that to improve the freekin BSA.

This is all info I got yesterday. My client is pretty reliable and one of the most realistic sue fans I know. Things sound pretty interesting up there I must admit.

Bison bison
01-06-2010, 02:17 PM
1. This has nothing to do with NDSU.

2. It is about more than their men's basketball program. Their football team had to rally to win against a bad NAIA team. If people actually cared about UND football that would be huge news.

3. There is a big difference between a capital campaign and funding operations. I haven't seen the numbers recently but there is a gigantic funding disparity between UND and mid-major programs.

NorthernBison
01-06-2010, 02:18 PM
If they pull off the practice facility project like Grizzled says, there will be some serious red faces in Bisonville. I have talked to somebody also who is on the inside big time when it comes to the Boosters up there and the support for hockey dwarfs the other sports but, don't kid yourselves, there is considerable support for basketball and football.

Bison bison
01-06-2010, 02:40 PM
If they pull off the practice facility project like Grizzled says, there will be some serious red faces in Bisonville. I have talked to somebody also who is on the inside big time when it comes to the Boosters up there and the support for hockey dwarfs the other sports but, don't kid yourselves, there is considerable support for basketball and football.

that depends on how you define support.

big-time college sports revolves around those with big-time bucks. this are the folks that arenas are named after. It's the little people (and it takes a lot of us) that pay the salaries, the rent, the fuel bill, and everything else.

Good for UND if it gets its practice facility. But that building isn't going to maintain or heat itself and it's not going to directly generate significant revenue. That requires butts in seats.

Bison Dan
01-06-2010, 02:42 PM

They can have their "practice facility" money doesn't buy NC - It may turn a recruit or two but that's it. When we got the dome nothing improved as far as recruiting. The school and staff are the most important. The only time support for bb and fb are great up there is when they play us. Other than that it's hockey all the time.

SDbison
01-06-2010, 02:45 PM
I'll bite and take the heat for it cause I was just up north yesterday for work. I don't think we should group all their other sports into their terrible men's basketball team. They are aweful and thats the reason no one cares about it. They do have support though and there is some pressure being put on that program. As much as if their hockey team only had a couple wins, of course not, but wouldn't be suprised to see the coach gone from what I heard.

As far as their football team, they have funding and to be honest, I wouldn't have wanted to play them this year. Their offense was brutal but so was our defense. Of all the years we could have played them this wouldn't have been the year I would have picked. After us being 3-8 I will never say another team sucks. And from what I hear this indoor facility is going to be pretty impressive and the raising money part doesn't look like its going to be to big of a problem. Its all in the works stage but it was pushed for by boosters and donors, not by the athletic department. I'm not going to call another team underfunded when they can raise the amount of money they want to raise and we can't even raise part of that to improve the freekin BSA.

This is all info I got yesterday. My client is pretty reliable and one of the most realistic sue fans I know. Things sound pretty interesting up there I must admit.
This and that too! I am sick of how NDSU is treating the basketball program like DII. Get the damn BSA improvements done and a plan to have a new Arena built in the next 4 or 5 years! Also time to get some funding to clean up Dacotah field and make it look respectible rather than like a poorly placed practice field.

Spiker
01-06-2010, 03:16 PM

Football team - sucks
MBB - couldn't be worse
WBB - not so hot

The UND Swallows made the move because of their small peckers. They have completely underfunded everything, because they don't have the cash. And it really shows.The UND men's basketball is terrible right now. But it has been bad for quite a few years. I don't think this coach is going to make it. Women's basketball had a gap in recruiting for a couple of years but Brewster is back with the program and he is getting that straightened out. They have had injury issues the last couple years and NCAA elgibility problems with their 6'5' post recruit. NCAA is not going to do UND any favors. The women's program will be fine down the road. They women aren't very good this year but have had a brutal schedule. The football team obviously was up and down this year. NDSU was definitely up and down to. I am sure no one is going to agree but if they had played this year it would of been a lot more interesting than people might think.

NorthernBison
01-06-2010, 03:23 PM
that depends on how you define support.

big-time college sports revolves around those with big-time bucks. this are the folks that arenas are named after. It's the little people (and it takes a lot of us) that pay the salaries, the rent, the fuel bill, and everything else.

Good for UND if it gets its practice facility. But that building isn't going to maintain or heat itself and it's not going to directly generate significant revenue. That requires butts in seats.

There are plenty of ways to be critical of UND. Their butts in seats for basketball is horrible but we aren't exactly selling out the BSA either.

Bison Dan says "big deal" to the indoor practice facility. It won't do much for recruiting, etc. Fine. I won't even argue about that. The parallel with NDSU that bothers me is that it sounds like they have quite a bit of momentum to actually raising $20 million to get that "questionable" project done.

Meanwhile, we can't seem to find a way to get enough money to renovate the BSA let alone build a new basketball arena. This is all after qualifying for the NCAA Tournament? Maybe we should try "sucking" as bad as they do and see if it changes anything. (wait, we already tried that with football and it didn't work so it's a bad idea.)

Grizzled
01-06-2010, 03:37 PM
I suppose I should clarify. I don't want to put the sue on equal ground as us either. Obviously our transition went much, much, much better than theirs has gone. Not even close. They would love to do even half of what we did during our transition. I'm just not going to sit and throw stones at them either. Two years ago, I absolutely would have been laughing but its tough right now to puff my chest because of their continued failures. Gotta be realistic and say not everything is great at our school either. Our coaches are working hard to right the ship as I'm sure theirs are as well.

tony
01-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Why mess with karma by ripping on UND? Remember all the times UND fans did the same about our VB team, WBB, etc? Everytime a program had a bad season, some of their fans and Herald writers made it sound like the problem was terminal. Well, look how that turned out for them.

Karma can be an ugly beotch if you get her ticked off. And mocking them for starting fund-raising on an indoor practice facility? Um, three words: Bison Sports Arena (what are we on? Year 20 of that process?)

The only thing we can say is this: At the same point in the DI transition, NDSU beat the highly-ranked Badgers while starting four freshmen and the Herald's response was to say that it meant nothing. See? That's karma.

BTW, has anbody else noticed that UND is counting the years differently than we did? We counted our exploratory year as year 1 while UND started counting at the next year. Kind of like UND's way of counting better - makes everything more impressive.

Bison bison
01-06-2010, 03:50 PM
[they've never been good with the numbers up in grand forks]

i don't believe in karma, but i also don't think about kicking people when they're down.

my concern with UND is more along the 'there but for the grace of God goes NDSU athletics"

Twentysix
01-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Making them 0-10 this year?

Or 2-12 if you count the games that you cant click on on espn's website.

OrygunBison
01-06-2010, 05:18 PM
It is pitifult to me that every single thread that involves UND turns into a petty gloatfest over how much they suck and how much better we are. Now, I'm certainly not a Sioux fan and I generally hate pretty much everything about Grand Forks (particularly after having to live up there for a year) but it really makes people on this board seem childish and not-so-smart when the conversation instantly devolves like it always does.

Honestly, I think we ought to be more concerned about getting our house back in order. We have some work to do.

siouxdgj
01-06-2010, 06:03 PM

This is one of the most reasonable posts regarding UND by a Bison fan on Bisonville I have seen in a long time. It has a sense of balance and fairness together with a healthy dose of realism that a majority of other UND-related posts by Bison fans simply do not. Dreams of the Bison competing in the Big Ten or the Big XII are simply unrealistic at this time--not to say that it never could happen. That would be foolhardy. But at the moment the athletic budgets of universities in those two major conferences is much, much greater than those of the North Dakota universities. That discrepancy usually proves to be quite telling over a period of time. I, for one, doubt that either UND or NDSU would be satisfied in constantly finishing near the bottom of the standings in either of the aforementioned conferences. Of course, Perry Como used to sing, "Dream along with me..."

Grizzled
01-06-2010, 06:43 PM
This is one of the most reasonable posts regarding UND by a Bison fan on Bisonville I have seen in a long time. It has a sense of balance and fairness together with a healthy dose of realism that a majority of other UND-related posts by Bison fans simply do not. Dreams of the Bison competing in the Big Ten or the Big XII are simply unrealistic at this time--not to say that it never could happen. That would be foolhardy. But at the moment the athletic budgets of universities in those two major conferences is much, much greater than those of the North Dakota universities. That discrepancy usually proves to be quite telling over a period of time. I, for one, doubt that either UND or NDSU would be satisfied in constantly finishing near the bottom of the standings in either of the aforementioned conferences. Of course, Perry Como used to sing, "Dream along with me..."

Don't take it the wrong way, I was just passing along information I had heard. If you read most posts about being in the Big Ten or IX it is usually hypothetical or talking about many years down the road. Both teams have fans that sometimes post things that don't make sense. It goes both ways.

johnson
01-06-2010, 07:22 PM
I love to rip on und as much as the next person. But it's kind of tough when NDSU doesn't seem to have much direction right now either.

Here we have a golden opportunity to take it to the next level, and we can't get any money raised for facilities, and NDSU is never on TV. (once football is done)

Meanwhile it seems like und (along with a lot of other local colleges) are on TV all the time....... there was even a flippin "Jackrabbits insider" show on last night, talking about SDSU and everything going on there! wtf!
The issue with no NDSU events on TV minus football is because of the cable provider in the city of Fargo. Cable One has done nothing to help get NDSU on TV. Midco is the reason you see all of these other regional schools on TV. Until Midco announces they are going to compete with Cable One in Fargo and start installing the infrastructure for it we will have to wait. I have mentioned that there is a rumor out there that Midco and NDSU are talking about getting something going for next year. If the rumor is true we will see NDSU on TV for all sports soon enough. I see that Midco is in West Fargo and has launched in Moorhead this year. So I think it will be only a matter of time before the descision is made to enter the Fargo market. I am hearing that it is going to take a fiber optic cable to be run into campus from Midco to get the feeds and start airing the games. Lets hope we see some sort of activity on campus this summer involving Midco.

siouxdgj
01-06-2010, 07:38 PM
Don't take it the wrong way, I was just passing along information I had heard. If you read most posts about being in the Big Ten or IX it is usually hypothetical or talking about many years down the road. Both teams have fans that sometimes post things that don't make sense. It goes both ways.

Not at all, Grizzled. I commend you for your post. I have no bones to pick with anything you said in your post. Just wanted to thank you for being a voice of reason.

tcbison
01-06-2010, 07:51 PM
I know NDSU has their problems but has had great success in DI as well. The difference I see is how the problems and successes get reported to the public. If NDSU were to have lost by 41 points in mens basketball it would pretty much be front page news in the Forum and talked about on Fargo radio stations. Because it is UND, you can't hardly find the article online on the Grand Forks Herald website.

Tatanka
01-06-2010, 07:54 PM
I know NDSU has their problems but has had great success in DI as well. The difference I see is how the problems and successes get reported to the public. If NDSU were to have lost by 41 points in mens basketball it would pretty much be front page news in the Forum and talked about on Fargo radio stations.

And mocked incessantly downstream and published prominently in papers across the state, followed by editorials opining that NDSU should have stayed D-II.

bisonhusker
01-06-2010, 09:00 PM
The Hammer show today was all about Dean Blaise, then interview with a Sioux hockey player, etc.....and nothing about the hoops game. I think that says alot. They simply don't care.

homer
01-06-2010, 09:22 PM
The Hammer show today was all about Dean Blaise, then interview with a Sioux hockey player, etc.....and nothing about the hoops game. I think that says alot. They simply don't care.

Who where they supposed to interview???

Whats a better story the USA under 18 team going into Canada and winning the gold medal or the Sioux bball team that already got beat by Mayville this year (which was discussed on the radio show) getting doubled up by Texas A&M?

I know which one is a better story. Not really the conspiracy theory you think it is.

siouxdgj
01-06-2010, 09:27 PM

With the Americans defeating the Canadians 6-5 for the World Juniors title, why wouldn't that merit coverage locally? Especially since regional college players were involved and the head coach of the American World Juniors team had ties, shall we say, to a downriver American college hockey team. Say, for example, the Philadelphia Eagles were to go on to win the Super Bowl, wouldn't the same rules apply? You'd better believe the administration at UND is concerned about men's basketball, especially considering men's basketball is traditionally one of the few college revenue producing sports. Oh, but I think I really get it--college hockey doesn't really register or COUNT at all in the minds of some at Bisonville. Zero. Nada. Zilch.

NorthernBison
01-06-2010, 09:51 PM
With the Americans defeating the Canadians 6-5 for the World Juniors title, why wouldn't that merit coverage locally? Especially since regional college players were involved and the head coach of the American World Juniors team had ties, shall we say, to a downriver American college hockey team. Say, for example, the Philadelphia Eagles were to go on to win the Super Bowl, wouldn't the same rules apply? You'd better believe the administration at UND is concerned about men's basketball, especially considering men's basketball is traditionally one of the few college revenue producing sports. Oh, but I think I really get it--college hockey doesn't really register or COUNT at all in the minds of some at Bisonville. Zero. Nada. Zilch.

Your points about why the Hammer show was about the World Junior Title and Blaise are spot on. It's news of significance with area ties.

The reason the Sioux Basketball loss wasn't a topic is because it wasn't news. I don't understand why some of my fellow Bison fans don't grasp that. People can rip Hammer all they want but he is smart enough to know that bringing up the 41 point loss to Texas A&M isn't likely to trigger a bunch of calls from UND fans saying the game was much closer than the score indicates. In addition, there probably isn't anybody likely to call in and say that the Sioux just "had an off night". One-sided conversations aren't exactly riveting radio.

Bison bison
01-06-2010, 10:14 PM
So to sum up:

UND basketball sucks and very few people care, but they have hockey.

Bison Dan
01-06-2010, 10:14 PM
Your points about why the Hammer show was about the World Junior Title and Blaise are spot on. It's news of significance with area ties.

The reason the Sioux Basketball loss wasn't a topic is because it wasn't news. I don't understand why some of my fellow Bison fans don't grasp that. People can rip Hammer all they want but he is smart enough to know that bringing up the 41 point loss to Texas A&M isn't likely to trigger a bunch of calls from UND fans saying the game was much closer than the score indicates. In addition, there probably isn't anybody likely to call in and say that the Sioux just "had an off night". One-sided conversations aren't exactly riveting radio.

Oh I think the sioux bb is news - If NDSU would have had the same results at the same point in their transition you bet hammer would have been talking about it. Like what a bad idea it was to go DI -- remember that? Hammer is a tool, pure and simple...

tjbison
01-06-2010, 10:30 PM
Oh I think the sioux bb is news - If NDSU would have had the same results at the same point in their transition you bet hammer would have been talking about it. Like what a bad idea it was to go DI -- remember that? Hammer is a tool, pure and simple...

Yep he wished everyday for NDSU to get blown out so he could stir the pot, I also agree with the Junior Hockey game being news, but.........:hide:

so is a 40 point blowout at the hands of TEXAS A&M

tony
01-06-2010, 10:32 PM

Actually, NDSU did have a game a lot like this one when they played Manhattan College the first time. I don't remember a lot of radio chatter about it. Everybody knew that the future was sitting on the bench watching the game.

siouxdgj
01-06-2010, 10:46 PM

Precisely. Right on the mark. What else can be said regarding a 41-point loss. The only thing that comes to mind as far as a qualifying comment might be this: During the 2008-09 men's basketball season the UND men also played Texas A&M. The result of that game was 76-62 Aggies, certainly a much closer game, in fact quite respectable. That game, if I recall right, was also played at College Station on Texas A&M's home floor.

Bison bison
01-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Actually, NDSU did have a game a lot like this one when they played Manhattan College the first time. Everybody knew that the future was sitting on the bench watching the game.

True. That was Year 0. I remember being concerned after the game, especially regarding our ability to recruit DI athletes as I didn't necessarily believe the hype about the bench.

UND is a year ahead in its transition. It has not been competitive in half of the games it has played this year. And they don't show promise for a future bounce in performance.

Bison bison
01-06-2010, 11:16 PM
Precisely. Right on the mark. What else can be said regarding a 41-point loss. The only thing that comes to mind as far as a qualifying comment might be this: During the 2008-09 men's basketball season the UND men also played Texas A&M. The result of that game was 76-62 Aggies, certainly a much closer game, in fact quite respectable. That game, if I recall right, was also played at College Station on Texas A&M's home floor.

Good example to reinforce the point: UND is bad. Your point will be added to the corollary: UND is substantially worse this year than last.

NDSUstudent
01-06-2010, 11:30 PM
Who would want to talk about Sioux basketball? Unless they are firing their coach or actually win two games in a row...what is there to talk about? It is just the same old story...Sioux get blown out by DI team.

That said I still can't believe their coach is running a Princeton offense and a zone defense. That combination, even with ok talent, is unwatchable. Add to that fact they still don't have a conference...well good luck trying to bring in decent recruits.

ndsubison1
01-06-2010, 11:31 PM
Who would want to talk about Sioux basketball? Unless they are firing their coach or actually win two games in a row...what is there to talk about? It is just the same old story...Sioux get blown out by DI team.

That said I still can't believe their coach is running a Princeton offense and a zone defense. That combination, even with ok talent, is unwatchable. Add to that fact they still don't have a conference...well good luck trying to bring in decent recruits.

they have the great west!

North Side
01-06-2010, 11:41 PM
am I right, the fighting no namers are currently 0 and 2 vs D3 schools?? Mayville bball and SF in football, but there Canadian Soccer team is so good, they are in .... o wait they are in 6th place :rofl:

ndsubison1
01-07-2010, 01:44 AM
am I right, the fighting no namers are currently 0 and 2 vs D3 schools?? Mayville bball and SF in football, but there Canadian Soccer team is so good, they are in .... o wait they are in 6th place :rofl:

i think they beat waldorf

tjbison
01-07-2010, 02:18 AM
i think they beat waldorf

the Hotel????

Hammersmith
01-07-2010, 03:22 AM
the Hotel????

No.

The salad.

(great, now I'm hungry)

NorthernBison
01-07-2010, 03:27 AM

What you said is technically correct. The problem with your logic is that the comparison is completely irrelevant. This is UND's transition and the question about the value of going D1 has already been answered.

NDSU was the leader here. Nobody had blazed a trail and proved that the move could be made successfully. A loss like this by NDSU at the same point would have raised those type of questions (even among NDSU supporters). Gee, can we really ever be competitive?

UND benefits from our success in the fact that Hammer and everybody else doesn't freak out over a loss like this and say the move can't be done because everybody now knows it can be done and done successfully so it isn't the move that is the problem. That's a big reason why there is little discussion about a 41 point loss. Everybody knows it is more about the current state of the UND basketball program and not that a successful transition can't be made. (Plus the fact that Hammer wouldn't pile on UND)

ndsubison1
01-07-2010, 07:31 AM
the Hotel????

maybe?????

heymch86
01-07-2010, 08:52 AM
All I want to hear from the people up north, and call me a 4-year old if you'd like:

An official press release saying, "You were right" or "Yeah, you told us so"

Just something official that says, NDSU was right. UND was wrong.

I do hope the nickname garbage gets settled. I can't wait for the day when its NDSU-UND in the Summit League Basketball Championship game. Winner advances to the NCAA Tournament

siouxdgj
01-07-2010, 05:59 PM
What you said is technically correct. The problem with your logic is that the comparison is completely irrelevant. This is UND's transition and the question about the value of going D1 has already been answered.

NDSU was the leader here. Nobody had blazed a trail and proved that the move could be made successfully. A loss like this by NDSU at the same point would have raised those type of questions (even among NDSU supporters). Gee, can we really ever be competitive?

UND benefits from our success in the fact that Hammer and everybody else doesn't freak out over a loss like this and say the move can't be done because everybody now knows it can be done and done successfully so it isn't the move that is the problem. That's a big reason why there is little discussion about a 41 point loss. Everybody knows it is more about the current state of the UND basketball program and not that a successful transition can't be made. (Plus the fact that Hammer wouldn't pile on UND)

Great post, NorthernBison. UND has definitely benefitted from NDSU's success. NorthernBison is right on by saying that the question is no longer about whether the D-I move can be done, because NDSU has obviously proven it can be done. Kudos to NDSU in that regard. Perhaps UND's transitional success in men's basketball will take a little longer. Some things are up and down. With a number of young players and the like at UND, it may take awhile before a certain level of team chemistry develops. Team chemistry is often a strange intangible. We know it's there, but just how and when it develops--if indeed it does ever develop on some teams--is oftentimes a mystery. Count me in with the skeptics just a few short years ago regarding NDSU's (and UND's) ability to make the transition. Well, NDSU has clearly proven me wrong. I would like to think UND can and will at some point successfully make the transition as well.

Stromer
01-07-2010, 05:59 PM

Well said. Right or wrong, by taking the lead NDSU received criticism that UND doesn't get. The general public has always seen NDSU and UND as equals. If one school sucessfully does something, the perception is that the other will be able to as well, even if that may not be the case.

And yes our team does really suck this year. I'm most frustrated on how uncompetitive they have gotten since last year. At least this horrible season has generated interest on the bball forums. Most of the time they sit dead.

DORMIE
01-07-2010, 09:18 PM
I think that Coach Jones was pretty excited about the recruiting class he brought in last year that he redshirted, hoping to do the same as we did. It just hasn't happened. Luck, injuries, not playing up to potential and maybe some coaching mistakes have all seemed to add up to a season of what if's. The UND men's team has a proud tradition and as I recall a large fan following. As a bison fan, be careful of what you wish for. What goes around sometimes comes around. As for hockey, I played it as a kid and followed it the 7 years I lived in Grand Forks, but I could actually give a shit if they played the game. I've gotted tired of having it shoved up my ass tha past 20 years.

80ALUM
01-07-2010, 09:55 PM
Living in Bismarck I am constantly defending NDSU to UND fans. It gets tiring especially when they do not present facts but spin things the way they wish them to be. I had one guy arguing with me that our average attendance at fb games was 6000. So it is hard to wish UND success when dealing with people like this. Hard for me to understand why Bison fans do not defend their school against the outrageous comments made about NDSU.

ndsubison1
01-08-2010, 08:21 AM
I can't wait for the day when its NDSU-UND in the Summit League Basketball Championship game. Winner advances to the NCAA Tournament

i can. they dont deserve to step on the same floor as us

ndsubison1
01-08-2010, 08:25 AM
Living in Bismarck I am constantly defending NDSU to UND fans. It gets tiring especially when they do not present facts but spin things the way they wish them to be. I had one guy arguing with me that our average attendance at fb games was 6000. So it is hard to wish UND success when dealing with people like this. Hard for me to understand why Bison fans do not defend their school against the outrageous comments made about NDSU.

THIS ^^^^^^