PDA

View Full Version : Babich and "Da Bears"

cbline
01-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Babich likely to stay with the Bears even with the big shuffle of coaches on the offensive side of the ball.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/264834/group/home/

stevdock
01-06-2010, 12:38 AM
The offense was horrid and especially after getting their "Franchise QB." It doesn't surprise me in any way that alot of the offensive coaches were let go. Kinda surprised they let the TE's coach go though since TE was one of the strengths of the team. Babich was a huge part of the problem LAST YEAR. Then he gets his DC job stripped from him and is in charge of LB's, which is a real tough job with Urlacher, Briggs, and Hilenmeyer. This year I thought the secondary was more of the problem this year. Shocks me to say that it had little to do with Babich, but it was the truth THIS YEAR.

Jdubs21
01-06-2010, 01:45 AM
damn..woulda been nice to have him back here for his recruiting abilities, maybe he could find us some more steve walker's or joe mays's

WildBill
01-06-2010, 02:04 AM
The offense was horrid and especially after getting their "Franchise QB." It doesn't surprise me in any way that alot of the offensive coaches were let go. Kinda surprised they let the TE's coach go though since TE was one of the strengths of the team. Babich was a huge part of the problem LAST YEAR. Then he gets his DC job stripped from him and is in charge of LB's, which is a real tough job with Urlacher, Briggs, and Hilenmeyer. This year I thought the secondary was more of the problem this year. Shocks me to say that it had little to do with Babich, but it was the truth THIS YEAR.

Urlacher was hurt most of the year and Briggs was hurt too. Hilenmeyer? He's nothing special

CaBisonFan
01-06-2010, 02:18 AM
I've always thought of the Bears as the franchise searching for a quarterback. IMO...and in my lifetime...Jim McMahon is the only QB that ever added explosiveness to the Bear offense. I give them credit for almost always having a great defense. What can I say...they're da Bears. The year that they won the Super Bowl in the 80s, to me, is one of the greatest NFL teams ever. That was real dominance. And I agree...the injury bug hurt their defense badly this year. It wasn't a fair assessment of the coaching on that side of the ball.

tony
01-06-2010, 02:20 AM
Glad to hear it!

IzzyFlexion
01-06-2010, 01:39 PM
Urlacher was hurt most of the year and Briggs was hurt too. Hilenmeyer? He's nothing special

He missed 15 1/2 games, so yeah, I guess "most of the year" fits.:)

Till
01-06-2010, 02:07 PM
ProFootballTalk was first reporting that they were going to promote Rod Marinelli to DC because Babich's contract is up now. Now they're saying that Marinelli doesn't want the promotion and that they'll hire a new DC externally. Might not be a done deal for Bob to stay.

THEsocalledfan
01-06-2010, 02:13 PM
Does anyone have an actual article that says Babich is for sure staying? That forum link did not work for me, and reading ESPN.com NFC north blog by Seifert, Babich is clearly being replaced as defensive coordinator.

steelbison
01-06-2010, 02:40 PM
Does anyone have an actual article that says Babich is for sure staying? That forum link did not work for me, and reading ESPN.com NFC north blog by Seifert, Babich is clearly being replaced as defensive coordinator.

Just an FYI Babich was LB coach this year after being demoted last year.

stevdock
01-06-2010, 02:51 PM
From what I remember, technically Babich was still the DC this last year but really in title only. Lovie Smith was making all the defensive calls from what I remember and then Babich was mainly just the LB coach.

steelbison
01-06-2010, 03:08 PM
From what I remember, technically Babich was still the DC this last year but really in title only. Lovie Smith was making all the defensive calls from what I remember and then Babich was mainly just the LB coach.

My bad...didn't know he retained his title. to me it sounds coach Smith has little confidence in Bob. Wonder if he will stay or go?

BisonAccountant44
01-06-2010, 03:28 PM
My bad...didn't know he retained his title. to me it sounds coach Smith has little confidence in Bob. Wonder if he will stay or go?

From what I've been hearing, the general consensus is that he will stay on the staff, but is probably going to lose the title of DC and be strictly the LB coach.