PDA

View Full Version : WIU is a joke....

NDSUstudent
01-05-2010, 05:09 PM
MACOMB, Ill. (WGEM) -- For all Western Illinois University ex-football coach Don Patterson accomplished during his decade-long tenure at WIU, Patterson says it was swiftly wiped away following a late September meeting with Tim VanAlstine, WIU athletic director, and Garry Johnson, WIU vice-president for student services.

A few hours after that meeting, a press release was issued claiming Patterson, who was diagnosed in September 2008 with tonsillar cancer, had stepped down for health reasons. (See 'Don Patterson steps down as WIU football coach') The release included quotes from Patterson which his agent, Barry Nadler, said was complete fabrication. (See 'Sources: WIU's Patterson did not voluntarily step down')

"When the university President was informed that false information was released to the public, nothing happened," Nadler said. "There was no consequences to the athletic director that we know about, and the fraud upon the public was just continued."

Three months later, Patterson's representatives are not sitting back and waiting for the next move. Monday, they filed an administrative notice with Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan's office in a preemptive move to begin a lawsuit against Western Illinois University.

Patterson's lead attorney, Frank Harty told WGEM Sports they plan to file a motion with Western Illinois University in the coming days in an attempt to reinstate Patterson as head coach.

Link to the rest of the article... http://www.wgem.com/Global/story.asp?S=11767809

onbison09
01-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Not cool. :ranting:

Hammersmith
01-05-2010, 05:31 PM
Read the letter Patterson wrote to WIU's president a few days after the press release. Assuming what he says in it is true, and I'm leaning that way, the actions of the university are unbelievable.

http://www.wgem.com/Global/link.asp?L=423699

bisonaudit
01-05-2010, 06:09 PM
They couldn't have just gone with, "You only won one game last year. You're out?"

TheBisonator
01-05-2010, 06:11 PM
That whole university is a 2-bit operation. I said the same thing earlier last year on this board, and I saw on the WIU message board someone quoted me on it and put me down for it. Doesn't matter what they say, I still stand by my statement.

I met a really nice gentleman in Escanaba, Michigan last summer. He was from Chicago, and he told me he went to Western Illinois when we talked about which schools we went to. The fact that he seemed like a real great guy forced me to not want to say anything perjorative about WIU. But I was thinking it the whole time.

WIU = High school with multiple buildings

NDSUstudent
01-05-2010, 06:16 PM
They couldn't have just gone with, "You only won one game last year. You're out?"

They ran him out when the team was 1-2. The OC took over as the head coach for the final eight games.

bisonaudit
01-05-2010, 07:11 PM
They ran him out when the team was 1-2. The OC took over as the head coach for the final eight games.

OK. So, the university is contending that the players had lost confidence in him and meanwhile the guy they replaced him with led them to an 0-8 finish?

This just keeps getting better.

Bison"FANatic"
01-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Read the letter Patterson wrote to WIU's president a few days after the press release. Assuming what he says in it is true, and I'm leaning that way, the actions of the university are unbelievable.

http://www.wgem.com/Global/link.asp?L=423699

Wow that is a interesting read. If all is true in that letter, I would not want to be the WIU lawyer. Imagine trying to recruit a new coach after treating the previous one like that. It is one thing to fire someone but to do it that way:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

Bison bison
01-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Wow that is a interesting read. If all is true in that letter, I would not want to be the WIU lawyer.

Why not?

I think it would be straight forward. Tell the AD and President they broke federal employment law and that they'll need about $2 million to settle the situation.

The only tough part would be deciding if you wanted to ask them, "What the f#ck were you thinking?"

I know a lot of us followed the Patterson situation this fall. I thought the guy was on his deathbed. Turns out he happened to work with a bunch of a-holes.

Twentysix
01-06-2010, 03:52 PM
Why not?

I think it would be straight forward. Tell the AD and President they broke federal employment law and that they'll need about $2 million to settle the situation.

The only tough part would be deciding if you wanted to ask them, "What the f#ck were you thinking?"

I know a lot of us followed the Patterson situation this fall. I thought the guy was on his deathbed. Turns out he happened to work with a bunch of a-holes.

Wow. Sounds like this place is run like best buy. :P

Ha ha I kid i kid.