1 OU 17-1
2 IUPUI 15-3
3 ORU 13-5
4 SDSU 10-8
5 IPFW 9-9
6 NDSU 8-10
7 WIU 6-12
8 UMKC 6-12
X CC 3-15 (not eligible for post season)
X SUU 3-15 (eliminated from post season)

As of Feb 27th

WYOBISONMAN
01-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Let's start the crawl to the TOP!!

Twentysix
01-04-2010, 05:06 PM
TEAM CONF GB OVR
Oakland 10-1 - 16-8
IUPUI 9-1 ½ 16-7
Oral Roberts 8-3 2 13-10
South Dakota State 7-4 3 11-11
IPFW 5-5 4½ 10-10
North Dakota State 5-6 5 8-13
UMKC 3-7 6½ 9-12
Southern Utah 2-8 7½ 6-15
Western Illinois 2-9 8 8-13
Centenary 2-9 8 7-15

roadwarrior
01-24-2010, 01:53 PM
Oakland ties Summit record for consecutive regular season wins at 16.

NDSUFan_Sav
01-24-2010, 06:08 PM
we gave SUU their only conf win so far....yikes!

TheDoctor
01-31-2010, 06:01 PM
IUPUI pounded Oakland, right??????? ;)

SDbison
01-31-2010, 07:11 PM
Road needs to update the standings through Saturday............

Twentysix
01-31-2010, 08:48 PM
IPFW just beat IUPUI, @ IUPUI

Western Illinois almost beat Oakland.

World ends tommorow. Later guys.

Twentysix
01-31-2010, 08:50 PM
2/04 UMKC 8:00 PM
2/06 SUU 8:00 PM
2/13 @ SDST 8:30 PM
2/18 @ IPFW 7:00 PM
2/20 @ OAK 6:00 PM
2/25 IUPU 8:00 PM
2/27 WIU 8:30 PM

We can totally go 6-1 in this stretch. 5-2 maybe.

tjbison
01-31-2010, 09:37 PM
Summit RPI's as of today

Oakland - 69 down
IUPUI - 91 up
ORU - 138 down
SDSU - 206 up
IPFW - 237 up
NDSU - 269 up
UMKC - 302 down
Cent - 308 down
SUU - 315 down
WIU - 319 down

Summit Conference RPI 23

1- BEC
2- B12
3- ACC
4- SEC
5- B10
6- A-10
7- MWC
8- Pac-10
9- MVC (please someday)
10- WAC
11- C-USA
12- CAA
13- Horizon
14- WCC
15- MAAC
16- Mid-American
17- Big Sky
18-SOCON
19- Ivy
20- OVC
21- Big West
22- Sun Belt
23- Summit
24- Atlantic Sun
25- America East
26- Southland
27- Big South
28- Patriot
29- NEC
30- MEAC
31- SWAC
32- IND.

TheDoctor
02-01-2010, 01:06 AM
The Missouri Valley Conference is not where we want to be. We will have a shot at winning the Summit tournament and making the tourney every year, we will NOT have that in the MVC. So, in a year we finish 3rd in the MVC and lose to the team that makes the finals as a 2 seed and our season is over, we could easily have won the Summit and been dancing. Thats what were really playing for. ;)

Twentysix
02-01-2010, 01:30 AM
Ultimately a better conference would lead to running deeper in the tourney though....

TheDoctor
02-01-2010, 01:35 AM
Ultimately a better conference would lead to running deeper in the tourney though....

Fair enough....I'd prefer to dance 3 times and lose them all than win one. Now, making the Sweet 16 is another story! ;)

silkamilkamonico
02-01-2010, 01:40 AM
The Missouri Valley Conference is not where we want to be. We will have a shot at winning the Summit tournament and making the tourney every year, we will NOT have that in the MVC. So, in a year we finish 3rd in the MVC and lose to the team that makes the finals as a 2 seed and our season is over, we could easily have won the Summit and been dancing. Thats what were really playing for. ;)

Yea I disagree. There are so many more benefits to playing in the MVC over SUmmit, or any conference that's more prestigeous. Not only would we be recruiting better athletes, but the games would be higher quallity, and we would stand a better chance of bringing in power programs. Also, I think it's safe to say that regardless of how strong a team is, the Summit tourney is never easy, and we'll likely never have the oppurtunity to get an at large. Even if we did get an at large bid and was the lowest possible seed for at large teams, we wouldn't likely get anything lower than a 12-13.

At large teams never get seeded 14-16, and rarely 13th.

tjbison
02-01-2010, 01:40 AM
Fair enough....I'd prefer to dance 3 times and lose them all than win one. Now, making the Sweet 16 is another story! ;)

I would just like to have common rivals evolve from the FB to the BBAll, pLus just think the crowds when UNI, SIU, Ill. St, Indiana ST, Missouri. St, Wichita St, Creighton, Bradley etc...... come to town!!! I'll take those any year on a regular rotation than SUU, IUPUI, IPFW etc... plus the MVC bring National ESPN games EVERY year

NDSUstudent
02-01-2010, 01:42 AM
The MVC...what a dream. The level of basketball we would be seeing in Fargo would be spectacular. Non-conference schedules would be better, more TV games, easier recruiting. Of course it is going to be harder to compete but it would be well worth it.

TheDoctor
02-01-2010, 07:42 AM
The MVC...what a dream. The level of basketball we would be seeing in Fargo would be spectacular. Non-conference schedules would be better, more TV games, easier recruiting. Of course it is going to be harder to compete but it would be well worth it.

If it helps get a new arena than sign me up! MVC here we come! ;)

99Bison
02-01-2010, 07:44 AM
Yea I disagree. There are so many more benefits to playing in the MVC over SUmmit, or any conference that's more prestigeous. Not only would we be recruiting better athletes, but the games would be higher quallity, and we would stand a better chance of bringing in power programs. Also, I think it's safe to say that regardless of how strong a team is, the Summit tourney is never easy, and we'll likely never have the oppurtunity to get an at large. Even if we did get an at large bid and was the lowest possible seed for at large teams, we wouldn't likely get anything lower than a 12-13.

At large teams never get seeded 14-16, and rarely 13th.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this.

Kemo
02-01-2010, 03:43 PM
The Summit is a very good league for the xDSUs at the current time and still will be at least 10 years down the road... however it is not so good that the xDSUs would turn down an opportunity to join the MVC if one presented itself.

wow
02-01-2010, 07:42 PM
The Summit is a very good league for the xDSUs at the current time and still will be at least 10 years down the road... however it is not so good that the xDSUs would turn down an opportunity to join the MVC if one presented itself.

I'm going to get killed for saying this, but if the Summit schools follow the Summit Plan, and USD and UND join, the Summit League could be on par with the MVC in 10 years.

Oakland
ORU
SDSU
NDSU
USD
UND

That's 6 schools that would take basketball seriously and have fan support to continue improvement. Throw in a couple Indiana schools who always seem to get decent talent, and the league could be downright respectable in 10 years.

Twentysix
02-01-2010, 08:23 PM
I'm going to get killed for saying this, but if the Summit schools follow the Summit Plan, and USD and UND join, the Summit League could be on par with the MVC in 10 years.

Oakland
ORU
SDSU
NDSU
USD
UND

That's 6 schools that would take basketball seriously and have fan support to continue improvement. Throw in a couple Indiana schools who always seem to get decent talent, and the league could be downright respectable in 10 years.

Legit point. Down the road the summit is looking good. However the MVC is an already established High/mid major conference that has basketball powers. I agree though, if you put is in the MVC we dont win the conference for 20+ years.

tjbison
02-02-2010, 12:45 AM

Oakland
ORU
SDSU
NDSU
USD
UND

nope I'll take ISU-R, ISU-B, MSU, Bradley, Drake, Creighton, UNI, Wichita St., SIU and Evansville thats 10 schools that take BBall seriously

Plus three MVC teams get ESPNU Bracketbuster games ON ESPN2 and 7 others are playing, yep thats all 10 MVC teams in the Bracketbusters the summit has what 1 or 2, remember when we got turned away from TV

onbison09
02-02-2010, 01:04 AM
nope I'll take ISU-R, ISU-B, MSU, Bradley, Drake, Creighton, UNI, Wichita St., SIU and Evansville thats 10 schools that take BBall seriously

Plus three MVC teams get ESPNU Bracketbuster games ON ESPN2 and 7 others are playing, yep thats all 10 MVC teams in the Bracketbusters the summit has what 1 or 2, remember when we got turned away from TV

Don't forget the tournament final on CBS.

wow
02-02-2010, 01:32 AM
I won't deny for a second the MVC is a better league right now, and will probably always be better. However, the Missouri Valley was basically a 1 bid league until the mid 90's, so it isn't exactly the mecca of college basketball. Coincidently, I believe this was around the same time computer ranking methods started to have an impact with the selection committee.

The other thing about the MVC is that it will NEVER be as prestigious as the BCS conferences. They have peaked under the current format of things. The Summit has a lot of room to grow and is loading up on teams that will help it do just that. Attendance wise, The Valley is closer to the Summit than the Big 10.

One thing that would be sorta cool would be if the MVC gutted the Summit in about 10 years to try to get to the next level in basketball. Oakland, ORU, SDSU, NDSU, USD, and UND would make the MVC a 16 team league with 2 divisions, which would would pretty much guarantee them 2 teams in the tourney every year, maybe as many as 4 many years.

West Division: NDSU, UND, SDSU, USD, UNI, Drake, Creighton, Wichita State

East Division: Missouri State, Bradley, Illinois St., Indiana St, Evansville, SIU, ORU, Oakland

DjKyRo
02-02-2010, 02:28 AM
I won't deny for a second the MVC is a better league right now, and will probably always be better. However, the Missouri Valley was basically a 1 bid league until the mid 90's, so it isn't exactly the mecca of college basketball. Coincidently, I believe this was around the same time computer ranking methods started to have an impact with the selection committee.

The other thing about the MVC is that it will NEVER be as prestigious as the BCS conferences. They have peaked under the current format of things. The Summit has a lot of room to grow and is loading up on teams that will help it do just that. Attendance wise, The Valley is closer to the Summit than the Big 10.

One thing that would be sorta cool would be if the MVC gutted the Summit in about 10 years to try to get to the next level in basketball. Oakland, ORU, SDSU, NDSU, USD, and UND would make the MVC a 16 team league with 2 divisions, which would would pretty much guarantee them 2 teams in the tourney every year, maybe as many as 4 many years.

West Division: NDSU, UND, SDSU, USD, UNI, Drake, Creighton, Wichita State

East Division: Missouri State, Bradley, Illinois St., Indiana St, Evansville, SIU, ORU, Oakland

Definitely would be awesome to have this happen someday, but in reality something like this is decades off.

heckler
02-02-2010, 02:45 AM
I'm sorry but und has a horrible baksetball program.

TheDoctor
02-02-2010, 05:27 AM

Uh oh! Don't throw this thread into Smack Road! :D ;)

Twentysix
02-02-2010, 06:11 PM

This guy and truth...man hes good.

TheBisonator
02-02-2010, 09:24 PM
I'd like to get into the MVC, provided we get that new arena first. The MVC will not talk to us as long as we have that shitbox for an arena. That being said, I do not see NDSU in the Summit 10 years from now. I believe the MVC, or some evolution of it, will be NDSU's conference home by 2020.

Burnt_Secondary
02-03-2010, 07:54 PM
^^^^^^^^
At the rate things are going I expect this team to still be in the BSA in 2020:banghead:

ndsubison1
02-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Don't forget the tournament final on CBS.

exactly... I'll take the tournament championship game on CBS anyday

Bison09
02-11-2010, 06:00 PM
Bringing back UND and USD rivalry games would be fun and they would bring in huge crowds for the Summitt but overall the MVC would be better. This wont happen for about 10 years though. I like the idea of a 16 team league with 2 divisions but that will never happen. All we can hope for is a new arena to bring in some stellar athletes to stay atop the Summit and pray for a bid to the MVC.

SDbison
02-11-2010, 06:34 PM
Will be a tough run to finish out the season. 3 out of 5 conference games remaining are away (SDSU, IPFW and Oakland), and 4 of these 5 games are against teams that have the same or better won / loss record. One of the 2 home games is against lowly Western Illinois and the other against 2nd place IUPUI.
Best finish I can imagine is to beat SDSU and IPFW on the road, and beat Western Illinois and knock off 2nd place IUPUI at the BSA so 10-8 is remotely possible, but 9-9 is also achievable. For a .500 finish NDSU needs to win one of these 3 road games and then beat Western Illinois and IUPUI the BSA. If the Bison lose all 3 road games they will need to win both games at the BSA to finish at 8-10. The most realistic scenario is to win the IPFW game on the road and the Western Illinois game at the BSA for 8-10 record. Still hope this young team can find a groove and finish .500 or slightly better!

GRAFTONBISON
02-12-2010, 04:15 AM
If we lose all three road games, the best we can finish in conference is 8-10.

SDbison
02-12-2010, 04:34 AM
If we lose all three road games, the best we can finish in conference is 8-10.
Fixed my post above due to some bonehead math. Thanks for pointing this out. My head cold and all the medicine I am taking must have messed me up!

rutlandbison
02-17-2010, 01:26 AM
I didnt want to start a new thread for this but this the first projection for the field of 65. Oakland is in the the Summit as a 14 playing Georgetown.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/12932393/projecting-the-field-bigconference-road-wins-bubble-up-hopefuls

TheBisonator
02-18-2010, 06:24 PM
I was wondering: If we somehow pull out a miracle in SF and get an autobid, is there any way we could avoid the play-in game?? I'd be fine with a 16 seed as long as we didn't have to play that dreaded play-in game.

That is if we can somehow run the table. I don't know if our chances are very good for that.

TheDoctor
02-18-2010, 06:49 PM
I was wondering: If we somehow pull out a miracle in SF and get an autobid, is there any way we could avoid the play-in game?? I'd be fine with a 16 seed as long as we didn't have to play that dreaded play-in game.

That is if we can somehow run the table. I don't know if our chances are very good for that.

There is maybe at the most one team from a lower level conference a year that pulls off a miracle and thus is usually an auto bid with a losing record. They are a funny story and a play in game. So, if we finish the season 500 or under and win the tourney, there is no chance we aren't in the play-in game. ;)

ndsubison1
02-19-2010, 04:51 AM
Yep. Our non-conference schedule isnt strong at all. We would for sure be in the play-in game.

unbison
02-19-2010, 01:35 PM
If we pull this out and have to play the play in game..............would be awesome! would equal 2 games on national tv if we win the first...........lets do this!

TheDoctor
02-19-2010, 07:46 PM
If we pull this out and have to play the play in game..............would be awesome! would equal 2 games on national tv if we win the first...........lets do this!

Very true. Truth is the play in game is completely televised on ESPN2. The 1st round 1 seed's games don't get much run on CBS because they are usually quick blow outs and they would rather play games where the score is closer. So, if your going to be a 16 seed, from a exposure and motivation standpoint you want to be a play-in because you have the momentum of a win going into your game with the 1. If a 1 ever gets beat, it will be by a play-in winner in my opinion. ;)

roadwarrior
02-21-2010, 02:03 AM
Final week coming up:

IUPUI at NDSU and SDSU
WIU at NDSU and SDSU

CC at UMKC and SUU
ORU at UMKC and SUU

IPFW at OU

roadwarrior
02-26-2010, 02:55 AM
1 OU 16-1
2 IUPUI 14-3
3 ORU 12-5
4 SDSU 10-7
5 IPFW 9-8
6 NDSU 7-10
7 WIU 6-11
8 UMKC 6-11
X CC 3-14 (not eligible for post season)
X SUU 2-15 (eliminated from post season)

As of Feb 25th

One game left for everyone this saturday.
Seeds 1 2 and 3 are locked in for those teams.

If we win on sat, we face Oral Roberts in the first round on sunday night in SF.
If we lose on sat, I'm not sure how it would all shake out!

jackrabbit1979
02-26-2010, 04:10 AM
One game left for everyone this saturday.
Seeds 1 2 and 3 are locked in for those teams.

If we win on sat, we face Oral Roberts in the first round on sunday night in SF.
If we lose on sat, I'm not sure how it would all shake out!

According to my calculations, If Western beats you on Saturday and you end the regular season tied (while splitting the head to head games), they would be the 6 seed because they have a win over a higher placing team (ORU). If Western beats you and UMKC beats ORU on Saturday, I think you would be the 8 seed, as all three teams would have split the head to head series and both of them would have wins over ORU.

So just win baby...and have a chance to take out ORU in the tournament.

ndsubison1
02-26-2010, 04:21 AM
According to my calculations, If Western beats you on Saturday and you end the regular season tied (while splitting the head to head games), they would be the 6 seed because they have a win over a higher placing team (ORU). If Western beats you and UMKC beats ORU on Saturday, I think you would be the 8 seed, as all three teams would have split the head to head series and both of them would have wins over ORU.

So just win baby...and have a chance to take out ORU in the tournament.

how awful...

lakesbison
02-26-2010, 05:20 AM
so glad i bought $200 tickets at 8:01Am the day they went on sale. *shakes head* THIS SUCKS!@!!!!