PDA

View Full Version : Open Dates for 2010!

Bison101
01-04-2010, 12:38 AM
Here are the open dates:
Sept. 18th
Oct.30th

The Bison need to fill two of those with games in order to have eleven games. I assume that if we fill the September 18th game it'll be a cupcake game, since we face Kansas and UNI before that. Anybody have any ideas on who our mystery opponents may be?

Hammersmith
01-04-2010, 12:47 AM
Sept 25 is USD. It hasn't been added to GoBison, but it's been in a USD press release.

BisonKent
01-04-2010, 12:50 AM
I think it is Oct. 30, not Nov. 30. That date is too late in Nov. for a regular season game as the playoffs start the Saturday after Thanksgiving. This year, there will be 20 teams instead of 16 so many will have a bye the first week of the playoffs with the bottom 8 teams playing to get the final 4 to make 16 for the second round.

BisoninNWMN
01-04-2010, 01:51 AM
Probably a cup-cake like a NEC team, like Wagner.

Bison101
01-04-2010, 02:15 AM
I think it is Oct. 30, not Nov. 30. That date is too late in Nov. for a regular season game as the playoffs start the Saturday after Thanksgiving. This year, there will be 20 teams instead of 16 so many will have a bye the first week of the playoffs with the bottom 8 teams playing to get the final 4 to make 16 for the second round.

I fixed it :blush:

westnodak93bison
01-04-2010, 02:50 AM
after last years debacle we better not think any team is a "patsy"

TheBisonator
01-04-2010, 04:32 AM
NC Central or Sacred Heart. Easy win to offset the Kansas and UNI games.

lakesbison
01-04-2010, 04:37 AM
patsy before the usd game.

thats it. 11 games. 8-3 or better, anything else and bohl should be gone.

Kansas & maybe UNI is a loss.

SIU and SDSU at home should be wins!!

tjbison
01-04-2010, 05:55 PM
patsy before the usd game.

thats it. 11 games. 8-3 or better, anything else and bohl should be gone.

Kansas & maybe UNI is a loss.

SIU and SDSU at home should be wins!!

9-2 or he should be gone:hide: I give Kansas and 1 Conference loss thats it

bisonmike2
01-04-2010, 05:59 PM
9-2 or he should be gone:hide: I give Kansas and 1 Conference loss thats it

They way the Forum is getting it's info from Bisonville lately be on the lookout for a Forum article soon "Source: Bohl must go 9-2 or will be asked to resign."

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
01-04-2010, 07:08 PM
We had a lot of injuries this year so we shouldn't be too hard on him, but i still agree 8-3 or gone.

lakesbison
01-04-2010, 10:08 PM
http://nationalchamps.net/NCAA/college_football_2010_schedules/index_openings.htm

ANOTHER D1 SCHOOL ??

NEEDS TO ADD ONE OPPONENT
Air Force
Arizona State
Central Michigan
Connecticut
Florida International
Louisiana-Monroe
Louisiana Tech
Maryland
New Mexico State
Northwestern
Northern Illinois
Southern Miss
Syracuse
Utah State
Virginia

Arkansas State
TCU
UTEP

FCS schools that share our open dates:

Sept 18:
Albany
Charleston Southern
Drake
Lamar
Liberty
Maine
McNeese
Montana State
Morehead State
Sacred Heart
Sam Houston
Southeast Louisiana

Oct 30
Lamar
North Carolina Central

Bison101
01-04-2010, 10:31 PM
I'll be a bit generous and give him 7-4. That'll get us into the playoffs, so I'll be fine with that.

NDSUstudent
01-04-2010, 10:33 PM
Yeah, 7-4 would be pretty good turnaround from the debacle that was this past season.

Facts
01-04-2010, 10:40 PM
I'm alittle more forgiving. I'll take a 6-5 rebuild 2010 (doubling last years wins)with 8-3 + playoffs a must in 2011. You gotta remember, these new recruiting classes are just now beginning to contribute and we were 3-8 last year. I think Bohl will right the ship in two - three years and why wouldn't he? His job and reputation depend on it.

Bison101
01-04-2010, 10:46 PM
I'm alittle more forgiving. I'll take a 6-5 rebuild 2010 (doubling last years wins)with 8-3 + playoffs a must in 2011. You gotta remember, these new recruiting classes are just now beginning to contribute and we were 3-8 last year. I think Bohl will right the ship in two - three years and why wouldn't he? His job and reputation depend on it.

I think his job and reputation depend on next year. Three inept years of football may be too much for the benefactors to take.

TransAmBison
01-04-2010, 10:54 PM
Wow. This makes it sound like Bohl had nothing to do with last season. Heck, give him the next decade to make things right.

CaBisonFan
01-05-2010, 05:44 AM
I think his job and reputation depend on next year. Three inept years of football may be too much for the benefactors to take.

The powers were very impatient and feisty during the 2008 season...and much worse this fall. If not for the departure of Chapman...talks may have become more serious. The admin. was in a chaotic state. After the firing/resignation...he was missing in action at his new home. Didn't want to be involved in anything. Can't say I blame him. Probably wouldn't have changed this year anyway. Another inept year...and it's over.

The influx of young talent is very incouraging. At this point in time, I just wanna feel like we're 'in a game' when the score is relatively close...not the case the past two years. Very strange feeling from a Bison team.

I see 'no game' on the schedule that is unwinnable...not even close. Jose Mohler has all of the pieces to be an outstanding West Coast QB. If someone else is better...then we're really in great shape. We've played some strong UNI, SDSU, & SIU teams with two very mediocre Bison teams and haven't been blown out at all. A change in attitude, and things can change in a hurry.

All of the coaches...starting with Craig Bohl...need to be great motivators. 'Good' isn't good enough in the MVFC. Coaches have to step up their intensity. The players will follow their lead. We haven't seen that for two years. Leadership has been missing in action. To develop leaders, the coaches must lead.

ndsubison1
01-05-2010, 06:48 AM
im still not quite sure why next season is a win or get out season... any worse then last season I say yes, we should likely look elsewhere. Granted I never want to see a 6-5 season again, but still I think people are overreacting. It's not like he had back-to-back god awful seasons. Just one. 6-5 isnt great, but it isnt terrible either. Not saying I was okay with the 2008 or 2009 season obviously, but I still think people are overreacting. Bohl is making some changes and hopefully it will be for the better

ndsubison1
01-05-2010, 06:50 AM

i agree with this

CaBisonFan
01-05-2010, 02:43 PM
im still not quite sure why next season is a win or get out season... any worse then last season I say yes, we should likely look elsewhere. Granted I never want to see a 6-5 season again, but still I think people are overreacting. It's not like he had back-to-back god awful seasons. Just one. 6-5 isnt great, but it isnt terrible either. Not saying I was okay with the 2008 or 2009 season obviously, but I still think people are overreacting. Bohl is making some changes and hopefully it will be for the better

I see your point; however, I think that it has more to do with 'how' the team looked more than the record. If the Bison come out and play inspired football, then the record becomes less important to most people...IMO.

Grizzled
01-05-2010, 02:46 PM
I see your point; however, I think that it has more to do with 'how' the team looked more than the record. If the Bison come out and play inspired football, then the record becomes less important to most people...IMO.

Don't forget the offseason filled with arrests and player dismissals. Definately didn't help.

DORMIE
01-05-2010, 08:39 PM
One thing that I do not want to see until it's earned is those 4 fingers at the start of the fourth quarter to signify that "the 4th quarter is ours". That's been bull shit as of late. Kick some ass in the 4th and you've earned it.

OldBison
01-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Granted I never want to see a 6-5 season again, but still I think people are overreacting. It's not like he had back-to-back god awful seasons. Just one. 6-5 isnt great, but it isnt terrible either.

You sound like a bunny fan. :hide:

cvbison1
01-05-2010, 10:58 PM
One thing that I do not want to see until it's earned is those 4 fingers at the start of the fourth quarter to signify that "the 4th quarter is ours". That's been bull shit as of late. Kick some ass in the 4th and you've earned it.

i disagree with you. You can't break tradition just because the team had a rough season. Keep the 4 fingers up, it's tradition....and we have a great tradition

Bison101
01-05-2010, 11:00 PM
i disagree with you. You can't break tradition just because the team had a rough season. Keep the 4 fingers up, it's tradition....and we have a great tradition

I don't remember that really being tradition. As I recall, that's only started within the last two or three years.

cvbison1
01-05-2010, 11:02 PM
I don't remember that really being tradition. As I recall, that's only started within the last two or three years.

well i've been going to bison games religiously for 20 years and i've seen it since then. maybe you should pay more attention cuz it's been there for many many years

Bison101
01-05-2010, 11:03 PM
well i've been going to bison games religiously for 20 years and i've seen it since then. maybe you should pay more attention cuz it's been there for many many years

maybe you're right

rdh701
01-05-2010, 11:32 PM
He is! :nod:

TransAmBison
01-06-2010, 01:48 AM
You haven't watched very close then. It has been around for a long, long time. I started following the Bison in the early 80's and they had been doing it then, probably for a long time.

IndyBison
01-06-2010, 03:58 AM
It's not a very unique tradition though. Lots of teams do it.

sambini
01-06-2010, 04:12 AM
I think they started it in the 70s when Coach Wacker came in. Wacker in the Hall would know.

devin45k
01-06-2010, 08:44 PM
It's not a very unique tradition though. Lots of teams do it.

It seems like 90% of teams do it at home

X-Factor
01-06-2010, 11:58 PM
You sound like a bunny fan. :hide:

I was thinking the same thing! We have the best facilities and resources available at the FCS level, there is no reason why 6-5 should EVER be considered acceptable. For a Bison team, 6-5 should only happen in a serious rebuilding year that happens to coincide with a terrible string of injuries.

rutlandbison
01-07-2010, 12:28 AM
Well i'll tell you all I started following the Bison on June 23, 1929 and it was a tradition back then.

tjbison
01-07-2010, 12:35 AM
I don't even know what any of you are talking about, I only post on message boards and pretend I'm a fan:hide:

:D

ndsubison1
01-07-2010, 01:40 AM
I was thinking the same thing! We have the best facilities and resources available at the FCS level, there is no reason why 6-5 should EVER be considered acceptable. For a Bison team, 6-5 should only happen in a serious rebuilding year that happens to coincide with a terrible string of injuries.

i never said it was acceptable, which i stated twice in my post