PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Night in The Summit....

NDSUstudent
12-31-2009, 04:54 PM
Centenary vs NDSU- In the past Centenary's guard heavy lineup has given NDSU fits while the size of The Bison has done the same to Gentleman.

Brett Winkelman averaged 31.5 points per against the Gents in his career. Why I am talking about a Bison player that has graduated? Eric Carlson does a lot of the same things around the basket as Winks did. He could be poised for a monster game. Tveidt is also a mismatch for the Gents.

Meanwhile the Gents bring a guard heavy attack. Four of their top five scorers are guards. David Perez is leading that Gents, scoring close 20 points per game. In limited minutes as a true freshmen, Perez scored 10 and 12 points against the Bison in their final two meetings of the season.

This game would be scary for the Bison on the road, but I'll take their size at home. NDSU 71 Centenary 62

IUPUI vs IPFW- On paper this game appears to be a mismatch but this is a game IUPUI better not take lightly. IPFW gave Oakland a pretty good fight at home, in fact the Mastodons are 4-1 at home this year. The once hot Jaguars are also on a two game slide, losing at Indiana State and Memphis.

While I wouldn't be surprised to see IPFW in this game for a good chunk of it, IUPUI just has too much firepower. IUPUI 77 IPFW 68

WIU vs Oakland- While I have hope that IPFW might give IUPUI a bit of fight, I don't see the same happening for an over-matched WIU team in this game.

Benson should have his way James Granstra, Derrick Nelson should also dominate, and throw in Jonathon Jones on top of that...Not much really needs to be said about this game. The only thing that can stop the Griz in this game is themselves. Oakland 81 WIU 58

Game of the Night

ORU vs SDSU- These two teams just seem to play each other close. Last year the Jacks knocked out ORU in the Summit tournament and they fought ORU to the final seconds before falling in Tulsa. This game has all the makings of a classic.

SDSU's Garrett Callahan poses a mismatch for an ORU team that has seen multiple injuries at the guard position. Last year Callahan dropped 30 on ORU in Sioux Falls.

For ORU it would seem that Dominique Morrison is a player that would give SDSU fits, but he did only average a little over 6.5 points against SDSU last year as a true freshmen. Morrison has been red hot though, scoring 15 points or more in seven of his last eight games and I think that trend should continue after tonight's game.

Honestly, I really don't know where to go with this game, ORU isn't the same team on the road that they are at home and if they don't take care of the ball and shoot well it could be another hard fought game. Meanwhile SDSU hasn't really shown a whole lot as of late, even at home but they match up reasonably well with ORU. I'll take the Golden Eagles by slimmest of margins...
ORU 71 SDSU 68

NDSUstudent
12-31-2009, 05:00 PM
While I did say Thursday night, IUPUI-IPFW and WIU-Oakland will be tipping off in minutes...

The Oakland game is on Channelsurfing......
http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-oakland.html

GRAFTONBISON
12-31-2009, 05:17 PM
Western Illinois up on Oakland 13-5 about 6 minutes into the game.

GRAFTONBISON
12-31-2009, 05:23 PM
19-13 Western Illinois with 10 1/2 minutes left in the first half.

NDSUstudent
12-31-2009, 05:23 PM
Oakland is still struggling...WIU 19 OU 13

Meanwhile IUPUI and IPFW are tied at 11

GRAFTONBISON
12-31-2009, 06:35 PM
Oakland leading Western Illinois 59-54 with 6.5 minutes left.

NDSUstudent
12-31-2009, 06:49 PM
IUPUI wins 79-69

Oakland wins 75-63

GRAFTONBISON
12-31-2009, 06:56 PM
IUPUI wins 79-69

Oakland wins 75-63

Good call on the IUPUI score :bowdown:

NDSUstudent
12-31-2009, 07:05 PM
Good call on the IUPUI score :bowdown:

Thanks.

I did kind of underestimate WIU, they were pretty scrappy today. Oakland didn't shoot very well though, I think they were 1 for their first 11.

North Side
01-01-2010, 05:31 AM
cant believe SDSU beat ORU 72 70 a combined 88 points was scored in the second half of the game

Tatanka
01-01-2010, 05:39 AM
ORU is going to be 15 brands of pissed on Saturday. SHould be a barn burner. Or a sauna box, as the case may be.

HandoEX
01-01-2010, 05:39 AM
cant believe SDSU beat ORU 72 70 a combined 88 points was scored in the second half of the game

This was a very winnable game for SDSU. They are really, really tough at Frost and with pretty talented backcourt, and ORU short on guards, the stars lined up for the bunnies.

This would have been a 10+ point road loss for SDSU :D

Mr. Burgundy
01-02-2010, 12:05 AM
ORU is going to be 15 brands of pissed on Saturday. SHould be a barn burner. Or a sauna box, as the case may be.

I wish it was a barn burner....so we could get a new arena.