PDA

View Full Version : Grant Olson Commits, I have the TEXT!

lakesbison
12-30-2009, 11:56 PM
I have a text from a SOURCE!

GRANT COMMITS!!!

over wyoming, army and preferred walk on at the U.

THIS KID IS A STUD!!!

ndsubison1
12-31-2009, 12:11 AM
i have the text too, too bad i cant show it

lakesbison
12-31-2009, 12:16 AM
ming!! i sent it to sav. not you. SORRY MAN!

this is a huge huge deal

Grant Olson Wayzata commits to NDSU

http://rivals.yahoo.com/minnesotapreps/football/recruiting/player-Grant-Olson-88857

everyone watch this kids video. 4 year star!

(guess jemison's moving to strong safety huh)

SamsRams
12-31-2009, 12:26 AM
You know I believe ya Lakes.

http://twitter.com/G34Olson/status/6647889292

Gully
12-31-2009, 12:29 AM
What is the bio/history of this kid?

SamsRams
12-31-2009, 12:31 AM
What is the bio/history of this kid?

http://tinyurl.com/ydvyhsf

North Side
12-31-2009, 12:33 AM
I dont know much but from Plymouth MN inside linebacker, I am guess this will be a great help for one of positions we are hurting at.

NDSUstudent
12-31-2009, 12:37 AM
Rivals info...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Grant-Olson-88857

We not only beat out Army and Wyoming, but also continued our dominance over the school up north.

Olson was on the Minnesota AP all-state first team

He was also on the Star Tribune Metro Dream Team...here is what they say about him...

Grant Olson, Wayzata, 6-2, 220: Has an uncanny knack for shooting the right gap. He led the Trojans in tackles last year (128)

westnodak93bison
12-31-2009, 12:37 AM
What position is he best suited for? MLB or OLB?

Gully
12-31-2009, 12:51 AM
http://tinyurl.com/ydvyhsf

funny stuff!:)

lakesbison
12-31-2009, 12:56 AM
from GOPHERHOLE:

"FWIW I think Olson is better than Tarpley(stanford recruit). I was really hoping he would walk on at Minnesota. "

johnson
12-31-2009, 12:56 AM
I am assuming Hallstrom will announce this @10?

SamsRams
12-31-2009, 12:58 AM
funny stuff!:)

HAHA i know I got that site from someone here and it makes me laugh everytime. Thanks for taking not getting offended by it :)

Rabbitlivinginverm
12-31-2009, 01:01 AM
This kid seems like a stud.

Just exactly how many schollies do you guys have for next year???

tjbison
12-31-2009, 01:01 AM

about 63!!!:D :D :D

seriously it seems that way but IDK for sure so I'll shut up

johnson
12-31-2009, 01:03 AM

I believe I read early on that NDSU would bring in around 23-24 this year.

Twentysix
12-31-2009, 01:10 AM
Is there a magic number for walk-ons aswell?

lakesbison
12-31-2009, 01:53 AM
Fox at 9pm will have it.

PW Bison
12-31-2009, 02:11 AM
:praying:I'm waiting.

westnodak93bison
12-31-2009, 02:15 AM
Is there a magic number for walk-ons aswell?

I think Bohl mentioned one time that they need to keep the roster level around 100?

tjbison
12-31-2009, 02:15 AM
:praying:I'm waiting.

HA HA I turned it there too!!!!:D

Counting on you Lakes

Hansel
12-31-2009, 02:16 AM
I think Bohl mentioned one time that they need to keep the roster level around 100?

85 can be on scholarship (on think)

which I beleive is also the same number they can start fall practice with (more can be added once school starts)

tjbison
12-31-2009, 02:18 AM
85 can be on scholarship (on think)

which I beleive is also the same number they can start fall practice with (more can be added once school starts)

Isn't it:

63 FCS
85 FBS

????? or am I missing something

Hansel
12-31-2009, 02:20 AM
Isn't it:

63 FCS
85 FBS

????? or am I missing something

63 scholarships (FCS) which can be split amongst 85 players

tjbison
12-31-2009, 02:21 AM
63 scholarships (FCS) which can be split amongst 85 players

aw yes, back to the topic- FOX news with the headline I heard was about Flowers being suspended??????

WTF

tjbison
12-31-2009, 02:27 AM
Fox at 9pm will have it.

Your my hero

lakesbison
12-31-2009, 02:29 AM
FOX SPORTS JUST HAD IT ON. everyone should email sports@kvrr.com he needs the push from ndsu fans to keep from becoming a ch 4/11 sportscaster and more like a ch 6 sportscaster, if you know what I mean.

Im proud of him!

4mcruenomore
12-31-2009, 02:39 AM
Cool, hope he produces on the field.

Hambone
12-31-2009, 03:13 AM
A very good get for the Bison - this kid should be a stud......

sambini
12-31-2009, 03:44 AM
Welcome Grant+++

rutlandbison
12-31-2009, 03:49 AM
So did they announce it on Fox or what?

NDSUstudent
12-31-2009, 03:51 AM
So did they announce it on Fox or what?

Fox and WDAY

rutlandbison
12-31-2009, 03:53 AM
Fox and WDAY
Thank you.

rutlandbison
12-31-2009, 01:58 PM
http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/

Here is a little interview with Olson.

BisonNeil
12-31-2009, 03:21 PM
I think he is the kind of LB the Bison have been looking for to round out this class. As I said before, now we need Vraa and the 2010 class, assuming they all sign, will be another very good one, three in a row!!

HandoEX
12-31-2009, 03:41 PM
I think he is the kind of LB the Bison have been looking for to round out this class. As I said before, now we need Vraa and the 2010 class, assuming they all sign, will be another very good one, three in a row!!

No love for the class that brought in Holloway, Johnson, McNorton, Richard, Boyer, Veldman, etc? That was a pretty solid class too:)

This is a fantastic get for the Bison. Does this mean Berry is most likely not coming?

AEBison1998
12-31-2009, 06:55 PM
The question about Berry is a good one. I'm thinking it means he doesn't come. Hallstrom said that the Bison were looking at Olson for Will position because they were happy with the MLB (Emmanuel). I have to assume Carter and the kid from Grand Forks are the Mike position to duke it out. And I don't know if Beck is a LB or a safety.

Here's my precition for the last 4 spots

Kicker (to be named later) - an absolute must
Dixon (CB)-I think they need another CB in this class
Vraa (WR)- I think they need another WR in this class
Allen (RB) (but maybe this is considered the wildcard spot by the coaches...a spot we don't have a glaring hole, but take the best athlete they can get to add depth....then it could be Blow or Berry or Esala) (CB, LB, OL)

It's interesting. And just plain fun.

BisoninNWMN
12-31-2009, 09:00 PM
He looks like a good one.

Very good recruiting class so far.

GO BISON

MNLonghorn10
12-31-2009, 09:10 PM
should make a nice backbone to the defense along with evans.

bizonboy
12-31-2009, 11:20 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know you got one heck of a kid. I went to high school with him at Wayzata, and graduated last year (Class of 09) Not only is he a great kid personality wise, but he is a hard worker, and a big part of our state title last year.

BisonNeil
12-31-2009, 11:39 PM
No love for the class that brought in Holloway, Johnson, McNorton, Richard, Boyer, Veldman, etc? That was a pretty solid class too:)

You obviously missed this post I made yesterday.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18846&page=4

HandoEX
01-01-2010, 03:23 AM

I did, I guess I am possibly overly excited for the class, especially now that Anderson, Evans, and Perez (hoping he stays) are added along with Forbes...not they were all recruited together bit still.

AEBison1998
01-01-2010, 03:03 PM

That class was even better, but we seem to have lost a lot of good players from that class already. I guess I'm saying, the job of identifying talent and getting them to come was better starting with this class. But they weren't able to keep all of them here, and we had some bad luck with injuries. What could we have done with a few more LB's this year?

-Eddie Beson (still here but his knee has been under the knife twice already. He hasn't YET been what he could have been.)
-Josh Hazley-Freeman
-Luke Senger
-Dillon Forbes (now back with the team)
-George Danikowitz
-Seth Krueger
-Blake Sczepanski
-Melvin Thomas III
-Jordan Vadnais (back problems)
-Chris Wellenstein (back problems)

DjKyRo
01-01-2010, 06:30 PM
That blog entry was like seeing the gates of heaven swing open - a guy who's used to being a leader and who makes things happen on the field. Awesome to hear we're competing with the likes of Wyoming and Army for recruits, the next step is Minnesota and Wisconsin! :D

Excellent recruit, welcome to Bison Nation Grant!

Tatanka
01-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Awesome to hear we're competing with and beating the likes of Wyoming and Army for recruits, the next step is Minnesota and Wisconsin!

FTFY^^^^^^

lakesbison
02-09-2010, 06:13 AM
olson's signing day pic.

Grizzled
02-09-2010, 01:32 PM
olson's signing day pic.

She coming with????????

tjbison
02-09-2010, 10:47 PM
She coming with????????

Looks like she is a wildcat!!!!!

4mcruenomore
02-10-2010, 05:39 AM
Nice, but atleast we finally will have a winning QB.

silkamilkamonico
02-10-2010, 05:45 AM
Nice, but atleast we finally will have a winning QB.

Agreed. Brock Jensen is going to be a stud.

4mcruenomore
02-10-2010, 05:49 AM
Agreed. Brock Jensen is going to be a stud.

LOL, sad when an upperclassmen has to compete for a starting job.

silkamilkamonico
02-10-2010, 05:51 AM

Well, with all due respect to him, I don't think Perez was ever really ahead anyways, considering he's only been in the program one year.

4mcruenomore
02-10-2010, 05:54 AM
Well, with all due respect to him, I don't think Perez was ever really ahead anyways, considering he's only been in the program one year.

Pretty much kidding ourselves that these QB would get us deep into the playoffs. But we have one coming in that can do it, IMO. So all is well.

4mcruenomore
02-10-2010, 06:01 AM

Not who I meant, but maybe he can be productive this year. Can someone refresh us on Brocks HS stats, championships, etc..?

Mr. Burgundy
02-10-2010, 12:23 PM
14-0 State Champ.

Facts
02-10-2010, 01:36 PM
Pretty much kidding ourselves that these QB would get us deep into the playoffs. But we have one coming in that can do it, IMO. So all is well.

Thornton, from Fargo South, will be very good.

Da Bison
02-10-2010, 01:54 PM
Thornton, from Fargo South, will be very good.

BHS!!!!!!!!

Facts
02-10-2010, 02:25 PM
;) ten characters

bisonmike2
02-10-2010, 02:57 PM

I'm just feeling better that we have more than one option to start the year. I also think Jose will greatly benefit from playing last year, going into the off season knowing that he's in the lead, then spring ball and summer workouts. He wasn't overly impressive last year, but he was a freshman. He's now a red-shirt sophomore with solid game time experience. He's got his OC for a second straight year and let's not forget everyone kept saying this kid is confident, almost to the point of being cocky. I want our QB to have a little swagger. I think he could have a breakout year.

IzzyFlexion
02-10-2010, 04:18 PM
I'm just feeling better that we have more than one option to start the year. I also think Jose will greatly benefit from playing last year, going into the off season knowing that he's in the lead, then spring ball and summer workouts. He wasn't overly impressive last year, but he was a freshman. He's now a red-shirt sophomore with solid game time experience. He's got his OC for a second straight year and let's not forget everyone kept saying this kid is confident, almost to the point of being cocky. I want our QB to have a little swagger. I think he could have a breakout year.

<DEAD HORSE BEATING ALERT>
Such a shame that Jose didn't see more of the field in '09.

56BISON73
02-10-2010, 07:25 PM

Why do you say that???

Grizzled
02-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Looks like she is a wildcat!!!!!

What gives you that idea??? :D

HandoEX
02-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Do you think Bohl should just hand they keys over simply because Dante is the only upperclassman at QB?

It's one thing to back your hometown hero player, but to cut the other guys short is ridiculous, especially since I bet you've never seen two of them take a snap.

Not who I meant, but maybe he can be productive this year. Can someone refresh us on Brocks HS stats, championships, etc..?
Offered preferred walk-on at Wisconsin
Considered the #2 Wisconsin QB prospect in 2009
Senior Year: 107 for 174 (61.5%) for 1602 yards and 21 TDs, 7 INTs and 209 rushes for 1151 (5.5 ypc) and 19 TDs on the ground
Undefeated state champ senior year, won every game but the state championship game by 15 or more points
23-2 career record as a starter

EndZoneQB
02-10-2010, 08:15 PM

Oh yeah? You know a lot about Brock Jensen huh?? Get to a lot of practices from the west side of the state?? Seriously, we get it, you're a homer, but c'mon dude. We don't even know what Jose is going to be, let alone Jensen/Perez, and Thorton who HASN"T even stepped foot on campus. I have a feeling Jensen is a different kind of QB we haven't seen at NDSU....ever. Plus, like you said, atleast we have a winner....you know because Mertens/Perez/Mohler/Jensen never won anything....in bigger states. Get over ND, please. If Thorton is great, then awesome, I'm happy, but hell dude, quit leg humping so much. I'd rather he never saw the field because that means we have been doing our recruiting homework.

Not at all, it means we've been doing some recruiting. Do you have any football knowledge?

aces1180
02-10-2010, 08:33 PM
Oh yeah? You know a lot about Brock Jensen huh?? Get to a lot of practices from the west side of the state?? Seriously, we get it, you're a homer, but c'mon dude. We don't even know what Jose is going to be, let alone Jensen/Perez, and Thorton who HASN"T even stepped foot on campus. I have a feeling Jensen is a different kind of QB we haven't seen at NDSU....ever. Plus, like you said, atleast we have a winner....you know because Mertens/Perez/Mohler/Jensen never won anything....in bigger states. Get over ND, please. If Thorton is great, then awesome, I'm happy, but hell dude, quit leg humping so much. I'd rather he never saw the field because that means we have been doing our recruiting homework.

Not at all, it means we've been doing some recruiting. Do you have any football knowledge?

I just hope Thorton doesn't repeat some recent Bison QB history and get an MIP...He already has one of those under his belt during his junior year at BHS...It would be nice if that was out of his system.

56BISON73
02-10-2010, 08:57 PM
I just hope Thorton doesn't repeat some recent Bison QB history and get an MIP...He already has one of those under his belt during his junior year at BHS...It would be nice if that was out of his system.

Ive also read that his throwing mechanics are in question and whether he can play QB at this level.

GOB1SON
02-10-2010, 09:08 PM
I had a good chat with the Century head coach about Thorton.

His take was that Thorton is a very solid athlete, but he was a little skeptical about his ability to transition into a college QB. That doesn't mean he can't.

That being said, I am very, very hopeful that Jensen is the answer, because to be honest, I am not sold on JM as our QB. Don't ask me why, I just didn't see the "it" factor this year. But to be fair, it is very early in his career.

SDbison
02-10-2010, 09:20 PM

His take was that Thorton is a very solid athlete, but he was a little skeptical about his ability to transition into a college QB. That doesn't mean he can't.

That being said, I am very, very hopeful that Jensen is the answer, because to be honest, I am not sold on JM as our QB. Don't ask me why, I just didn't see the "it" factor this year. But to be fair, it is very early in his career.
I just want to see a great competition between all the QB's so that they all improve and who knows who starts and who knows who might need to fill in for short or long duty due to an injury to the starter. Second best QB needs to be just below the starter in capabilities. I just don't want any more off field problems and defections. A team stays together!
All that said, I have heard nothing but great things about Brock Jensen from several insiders and from coaches comments. I also have spoke with his dad on several occasions and he is a class act.
Who knows how Brock will perform when challenged at a starter level. I wish him the best and hope all the other QB's give it their best effort.

Facts
02-10-2010, 10:08 PM
I'm just feeling better that we have more than one option to start the year. I also think Jose will greatly benefit from playing last year, going into the off season knowing that he's in the lead, then spring ball and summer workouts. He wasn't overly impressive last year, but he was a freshman. He's now a red-shirt sophomore with solid game time experience. He's got his OC for a second straight year and let's not forget everyone kept saying this kid is confident, almost to the point of being cocky. I don't want our QB to have a little swigger. I think he could have a breakout year.

Fixed it for ya.

bisoningrandforks
02-10-2010, 10:48 PM
SDbison your right on!!........It will be Jensen/ Mohler....I said last year that Jensen will start at least 3 yrs,( mark it down!!)......Thorton's mechanics and footwork are in ??..but I sure he will contribute down the road.

westnodak93bison
02-10-2010, 10:55 PM

IMHO, we can and should be reluctant to hype up any incoming FCS player.
We could tear apart nearly every incoming player's game. They all have potential and only time will tell if they will develop. Some have physical limitations and some may not have the it factor. To be fair all these kids need two years.

4mcruenomore
02-12-2010, 02:24 AM
Ofcourse I'm a Homer, you guys shouldn't be surprised by this. Hey, atleast we are deep at QB right now. I think there are good things to look forward to, no matter who starts.

DjKyRo
02-12-2010, 03:42 AM

Winger is my hero. His mustache was a tool of fear deployed by the principals to make the rabble fall in line. Algebra II was never more intimidating than it was with the 'Stache of Power staring you in the face.

Speaking of mustaches which maintain world order, I notice someone has removed the statement of Dale Lennon being the owner-operator of Dale Lennon's Mustache on Wikipedia. The article itself is also curiously absent. This is a problem to any of the non-enlightened.

Anyhow, back to Thorton. I've said it before - my entire high school had an "eff that guy" mentality about him due to his regularly leading the team to destroy us (save for my senior year) even as a sophomore. That's got to be worth...well, something.

ndsubison1
02-12-2010, 06:55 AM
Thorton is a tremendous athlete. He caught a touchdown against my school as a freshman... guess who was the safety that he caught it against? :blush: :blush: :blush:

Hambone
02-12-2010, 11:44 AM
Thorton is a tremendous athlete. He caught a touchdown against my school as a freshman... guess who was the safety that he caught it against? :blush: :blush: :blush:

Was it..............Ming?

GOB1SON
02-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Winger is my hero. His mustache was a tool of fear deployed by the principals to make the rabble fall in line. Algebra II was never more intimidating than it was with the 'Stache of Power staring you in the face.

Ron is my wife's uncle. I will be sure to let him know that you stayed in line because of the 'Stache of Power.

LMAO

:)

ndsubison1
02-12-2010, 08:05 PM
Was it..............Ming?

that is correct

BisonNolesFan77
02-12-2010, 11:12 PM
Fixed it for ya.

You don't want your QB to have a little swagger? Really? A QB damn well better have a little swagger to him...as a local sports play by play guy calls it, "competitive arrogance"...can walk up to the line, knows he going to kick your ass, kicks your ass, and moves on.

lakesbison
08-11-2010, 06:07 AM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/287477/

great article on Grant!

As a seventh grader in Wayzata, Minn., Grant Olson knew everything about Wayzata High School senior linebacker James Laurinaitis, including his statistics.

North Dakota State isn’t expecting Olson to be Laurinaitis, now with the St. Louis Rams after a standout career at Ohio State. But it’s clear in the early going of fall practice that there are high expectations nonetheless

ndsubison1
08-11-2010, 06:17 AM
What's the chance of him starting at MLB and Evans moving to OLB?

lakesbison
08-11-2010, 06:18 AM
thats the PLAN!

J O E baby.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
08-11-2010, 03:53 PM
In my opinion he is not big enough at 6-0 and 217 lbs to play in the middle. Asking alot out of a true frosh. If he is the best we got so be it. Wacker said, you dont win with freshman.

Bison Dan
08-11-2010, 03:55 PM
In my opinion he is not big enough at 6-0 and 217 lbs to play in the middle. Asking alot out of a true frosh. If he is the best we got so be it. Wacker said, you dont win with freshman.

I agree - rule of thumb is you don't but I remember in 83 we had a all freshman backfield and won the NC.

SDbison
08-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Olson was a man amongst boys in high school. He is mature beyond his years. He is also 6' 1" not 6' 0". Also, my bet he is closer to 225 lbs not 217. If Bohl thinks he is ready he will play.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
08-11-2010, 07:09 PM
His height and weight were from freshman check in. He is 6-0 217. And that is before 2 a days. Most athletes lose weight at that time. He may have been a man among boys in high school, now he will be a man among bigger stronger men. If Bohl plays him it will be because he has to. Not because he wants to

bisonmike2
08-11-2010, 09:20 PM
I'm kinda surpised the forum didn't run the headline like this.

True freshman Olson is off to fast start with Bison football team

Twentysix
08-11-2010, 10:38 PM
I'm kinda surpised the forum didn't run the headline like this.

True freshman Olson is off to fast start with Bison football team

++++++++++++

bisontwice
08-12-2010, 05:50 PM
True freshman at MIKE is not a good thing if it comes to that we are in trouble on defense. May have been a man among boys in high school but long way from that now. Not sure he deserves the annointing as the second coming as Steve Nelson or any other great linebacker. Will see what he looks like on Sat

SDbison
08-12-2010, 06:24 PM
True freshman at MIKE is not a good thing if it comes to that we are in trouble on defense. May have been a man among boys in high school but long way from that now. Not sure he deserves the annointing as the second coming as Steve Nelson or any other great linebacker. Will see what he looks like on Sat
Olson must be pretty damn good if Bohl has taken notice of him. We are not just talking about what Olson did in high school.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
08-12-2010, 08:49 PM
I am telling you if we have to start a True Frosh at Linebacker it will be a weakness that will be exploited

yippie
08-12-2010, 09:37 PM
I am telling you if we have to start a True Frosh at Linebacker it will be a weakness that will be exploited

I remember a freshman at LB getting a start at middle linebacker on our roster currently vs UNI and holding his own extremely well. If a kid can play they can play.

Fightin' Bison
08-13-2010, 02:00 AM

That's the perfect size. . .for a safety.

Actually, the Bison have a lot of LB's around 215-220. I suspect that you will see a healthy dose of pulling guards trying to crush some LB's in green jerseys. Pray that the D line closes off those running lanes or it's going to be a loong season with a lot LB's getting pancaked.

JSUBison
08-13-2010, 02:07 AM

It is a better option than putting the starting running back at LB.

Jdubs21
08-13-2010, 01:04 PM

Actually, the Bison have a lot of LB's around 215-220. I suspect that you will see a healthy dose of pulling guards trying to crush some LB's in green jerseys. Pray that the D line closes off those running lanes or it's going to be a loong season with a lot LB's getting pancaked.

Tackling has nothing to do with size....look at antoine winfield, best tackler in all of football at any level and he is one of the smallest people on the feild... technique, technique, technique

Bison101
08-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Tackling has nothing to do with size....look at antoine winfield, best tackler in all of football at any level and he is one of the smallest people on the feild... technique, technique, technique

It certainly helps though..... Winfield is helped out by his speed.

Fightin' Bison
08-13-2010, 04:05 PM

That's a giant leap. You take one freak and assume that everyone can do it the same, if only their technique was good. If that were the case, everyone in the NFL would be the size of Winfield. Somehow, it doesn't work out that way. In football, big, fast guys dominate. How's Winfield's technique in fighting off 310 lb pulling guards? Oh yeah, he doesn't have to.

Jdubs21
08-13-2010, 07:57 PM
well the kid is bigger than jemison was coming in...and I thought he did pretty damn good for a freshman, kids that are 6'3" 250 pounds and lightning fast are not playing at this level...they are at penn st. haha

steelbison
08-13-2010, 08:45 PM

Apparenly you havent' been paying attention to the landscape of college football. LB's are getting smaller and faster every year. This is to counter the spread which we see plenty of in the conference.

William and Mary had one of the best D's in the country at our level last year.

Their leading tackler was a 5 11 210lb LB.

Look at Villanova's D they run a hybrid with three lineman and eight Lb/SS type kids running around. They did OK last year.

Fightin' Bison
08-13-2010, 10:11 PM
Apparenly you havent' been paying attention to the landscape of college football. LB's are getting smaller and faster every year. This is to counter the spread which we see plenty of in the conference.

William and Mary had one of the best D's in the country at our level last year.

Their leading tackler was a 5 11 210lb LB.

Look at Villanova's D they run a hybrid with three lineman and eight Lb/SS type kids running around. They did OK last year.

Quick, someone tell pre-season favorite SIU that the landscape has changed. They have 6 LB's at 230 lbs or heavier. Those guys are going to get KILLED.

OBDB
08-14-2010, 12:52 AM
I agree with Wacker. Saw Olson play in high school last year. Great player. He will put up a game fight, but he'll wear down for two reasons: weight and inexperience. A fraction of a second slow reading the play makes a huge difference on the quality of the block a LB has to fend off. Sounds like he'll be learning on the job. Silver lining -- that is the fastest way.

BisoninNWMN
08-14-2010, 01:28 PM
If the kid can play, then he should.....period.

lakesbison
10-16-2010, 07:30 PM
Grant starting , 2 tackles, pass defend already!!!

Congrats

Grizzled
10-16-2010, 07:33 PM
I don't think he started. Matt Anderson may be done for the year so Grant had to play today. Great day for football in Illinois.

lakesbison
10-16-2010, 07:36 PM
Olson,Turner, boen Anderson, Vraa 4 guys.that brewster offered a walk.on. thank you!

Bisonguy
10-16-2010, 07:45 PM
I don't think he started. Matt Anderson may be done for the year so Grant had to play today. Great day for football in Illinois.

He's been coming in for Wilson who has the cast on his hand.

99Bison
10-17-2010, 03:58 AM
Quick, someone tell pre-season favorite SIU that the landscape has changed. They have 6 LB's at 230 lbs or heavier. Those guys are going to get KILLED.

:hide: :hide: :hide:

bisontwice
10-17-2010, 01:55 PM
didn't start, willson did. noticed after the long run in the 3rd by illinois st where they blew him up that he didn't see the field again. apparantly he isn't the next coming of joe mays. he looks slow and is getting run over when he does make a tackle. sure hope he gets better than he looks right now

lakesbison
10-17-2010, 04:30 PM
Wow, your a prick.

He's a freshman hive.him a break he played great and Phil Hanson said.he.was.tough and fast out.there. lighten up, wow.

My point still stands, we.got 3-4 guys from cities/uminn. Play them!!!!

bisontwice
10-17-2010, 05:24 PM
Noticed Craig didn't necessarily agree with Phil though. Just an observation from watching him play, he certainly may be a player in the future but not really ready for prime time yet. He is a freshman and is definitely playing like one as well

Fightin' Bison
10-17-2010, 06:08 PM

As predicted: our pint sized LB's are getting killed against the run.