PDA

View Full Version : Credit to Hallstrom

Leonardite
12-28-2009, 09:30 PM
Has anybody noticed that the tenor of Hallstrom's Media Blog entries lately has been directed at you, the Bisonville reader? Instead of inventing angles to chase or come up with what he views as relevant Bison information, he's taking his cues straight from what this board is talking about. Two recent prime examples:

1) The already-infamous Christian Dudzik quote had obvious connections to both this board and SDSUfans. If Hallstrom didn't raise the topic of all of our early commits himself, he at least made sure to highlight Dudzik's quote regarding this matter as it has been a hot button topic on the boards.

2) Hallstrom actually called Kalen DeBoer to inquire about whether or not he or his staff has been contacted to join the Bison staff. This is a subject that has appeared absolutely NOWHERE but Bisonville and probably isn't news to anyone but those of us who frequent this spot. Yet, it was considerable discussion fodder and Steve took the effort to make a few phone calls and give us some facts to go with the speculation.

People on this board (unfairly) routinely beat up Forum Communications for their coverage of Bison athletics. Whether or not he took the cue from the whining on here is debatable, but either way, it's apparent that he's making a concerted effort to report on specific things that we want to know about. MUCH credit given to Steve Hallstrom. Thanks for being a great supporter of Bison athletics.

Tatanka
12-28-2009, 09:36 PM
Has anybody noticed that the tenor of Hallstrom's Media Blog entries lately has been directed directly at you, the Bisonville reader? Instead of inventing angles to chase or come up with what he views as relevant Bison information, he's taking his cues straight from what this board is talking about. Two recent prime examples:

1) The already-infamous Christian Dudzik quote had obvious connections to both this board and SDSUfans. If Hallstrom didn't raise the topic of all of our early commits himself, he at least made sure to highlight Dudzik's quote regarding this matter as it has been a hot button topic on the boards.

2) Hallstrom actually called Kalen DeBoer to inquire about whether or not he or his staff has been contacted to join the Bison staff. This is a subject that has appeared absolutely NOWHERE but Bisonville and probably isn't news to anyone but those of us who frequent this spot. Yet, it was considerable discussion fodder and Steve took the effort to make a few phone calls and give us some facts to go with the speculation.

People on this board (unfairly) routinely beat up Forum Communications for their coverage of Bison athletics. Whether or not he took the cue from the whining on here is debatable, but either way, it's apparent that he's making a concerted effort to report on specific things that we want to know about. MUCH credit given to Steve Hallstrom. Thanks for being a great supporter of Bison athletics.

Truth, although I reserve the right to pick on Forum Communications when the need arises.

Bison"FANatic"
12-28-2009, 09:49 PM
The bison media blog has been great in the month of December. Props to them for making it a good read with good info. It is too bad that the comments always turn into a pissing match as that is what happens when there is no accountability and yes I am saying it........ Lakes takes a beating with people using that moniker. After reading his stuff you learn what is him and what isn't and a lot of that crap I don't believe is ever typed by him maybe I am wrong though.

lakesbison
12-28-2009, 09:58 PM
Hallstrom is a lone beacon light in that dark sky over at forum/wday.

WDAY sports (ie hallstrom) understands and gets that he's in FARGO, and NDSU should be #1, and #2..

the other 2 dont realize that yet and kfgo/kfan is totally ANTI-NDSU.

Tatanka
12-28-2009, 10:09 PM
The bison media blog has been great in the month of December. Props to them for making it a good read with good info. It is too bad that the comments always turn into a pissing match as that is what happens when there is no accountability and yes I am saying it........ Lakes takes a beating with people using that moniker. After reading his stuff you learn what is him and what isn't and a lot of that crap I don't believe is ever typed by him maybe I am wrong though.

I don't think you're wrong.

HandoEX
12-28-2009, 10:42 PM
Steve Hallstrom is a pimp. Glad to have him covering Bison athletics!

SamsRams
12-28-2009, 11:09 PM
Steve Hallstrom is a pimp. Glad to have him covering Bison athletics!

Agreed, I really enjoy the blog and the work he and Kolpack put in. Thanks!!

Mr. Burgundy
12-28-2009, 11:55 PM
Steve does a great job and he is objective. Keeps a good relationship with the staff without being a homer. Keep it up Steve. Thanks for the blog.

EndZoneQB
12-28-2009, 11:59 PM
Yep, I am a Hallstrom fan, and you make a great point. A few of us mock them for taking information off of here, but honestly, it makes a better article, especially for people here that are more "connected" than the average fan. We don't really want to hear about something we talked about a month ago, and he has atleast realized this fact. I check it daily for updates, and will continue to do so...Thanks Steve and Jeff!

Thunder_Struck
12-29-2009, 01:48 AM
Has anybody noticed that the tenor of Hallstrom's Media Blog entries lately has been directed at you, the Bisonville reader? Instead of inventing angles to chase or come up with what he views as relevant Bison information, he's taking his cues straight from what this board is talking about. Two recent prime examples:

Now we just need to get him back to doing the sideline reporting for the radio broadcast. He was good at that as well.

Bison bison
12-29-2009, 01:49 AM
I think Steve, Jeff, and Scott are absolute professionals.

Unfortunately, they are a couple of ding dongs over there.

Haywood Jablome? c'mon.

johnson
12-29-2009, 01:49 AM
Now we just need to get him back to doing the sideline reporting for the radio broadcast. He was good at that as well.
Get him in the booth calling the game!

ISXBISON
12-29-2009, 02:22 AM
Get him in the booth calling the game!

I agree--and get him back on the Craig Bohl Football Show. Phil Hanson was a great football player, but as an announcer/analyst...well...he's just not good. In fact he sucks and sounds like a hick.

Facts
12-29-2009, 05:10 AM
I agree--and get him back on the Craig Bohl Football Show. Phil Hanson was a great football player, but as an announcer/analyst...well...he's just not good. In fact he sucks and sounds like a hick.

While I love Steve-O and would love to here his analysis again, I completely disagree with your take about Phil. He's really come a long way in the past few years. I appreciate his analysis of the Bison, especially when he tells it like it is... like this past year, he flat out told us when the Bison weren't getting it done and questioned coaching decisions. For a Homer, he demands better, and I like that.

NorthernBison
12-29-2009, 12:01 PM
Phil has forgot more about the game than Hallstrom ever knew. I wonder if Steve could explain the blocking schemes that are being used? Maybe he could explain what the players are thinking about on the sideline or what adjustments the coaches are making? Doubt it.

I did like him as a sideline reporter.

Grizzled
12-29-2009, 01:34 PM
Phil has forgot more about the game than Hallstrom ever knew. I wonder if Steve could explain the blocking schemes that are being used? Maybe he could explain what the players are thinking about on the sideline or what adjustments the coaches are making? Doubt it.

I did like him as a sideline reporter.

^^^This

I like Phil as a commentator because in the booth he is brutally honest at times. I like to hear that. He doesn't take a simple catch and make it sound like it was something amazing. If a guy makes a good play he lets you know and the same can be said for a bad one. I like that from a radio guy.

AEBison1998
12-29-2009, 01:47 PM
I agree. Scott and Phil in the booth, Steve on the sideline, and get John Wheeler for the Craig Bohl show! Shake things up a little.

JOHN ROCKS THE WEATHER!

johnson
12-29-2009, 02:44 PM
I remember Phil on the sidelines a few years back. I think it was during the season when NDSU beat Ball State. Having him down on the sidelines in the thick of things really gave me a sense of being down there with the team. He has that players eye and had some really good info. I have nothing against Scott. I just think Steve calls a better football game. Maybe Steve and Scott in the Booth with Phil on the sidelines with the team.

Twentysix
12-31-2009, 07:53 AM
Scott millers voice is like candy though.:bong: